EMOTIONS AND EXPRESSIONS

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 22    EMOTIONS AND EXPRESSIONS

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

I scanned the books displayed on the shelves. 

Hmmm…. Advanced Engineering Mathematics…. Strength of Materials… and there was a book that doesn’t belong to the group but I didn’t bother to read its cover.

I first picked the Math book and read its cover. With my peripheral vision, I could see the Strength of Materials books. I reached out for the other book with my attention still at the Math book.                                      

“Oh you’re here.” I felt Jessica’s presence beside me. I smiled at her.

“You find anything?” She asked.

“Yes..I found something interesting.  I think this will be really helpful for the both of us.” It wasn’t the textbook that our school use but still, I think it would be a big help. The book may sound insulting to someone’s mind capacity, “Idiot’s Guide” book series gives step by step explanation….and  not necessarily for idiots.

“What is it?! Let me see.” she jumped with excitement.

I was showing her the book but I noticed she wasn’t paying attention. Her eyes widened and her face flustered.

What’s going on with Jessi?   O.o

 

PPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

 

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

 

Her palm landed on my right cheek.

“Why?! What did I do this time?!” I was surprised by the sudden assault of gangster terminator Jung.

She glared at me. Huh?! Why?

 

I looked at the book again.

Idiot’s Guide to Advanced Engineering Mathematics.

Ouch… my cheek… T^T    

I really can’t understand her.   *sighs*

 

I looked back at her. Her chest was rising up and down and her face is still flustered. She was mumbling incoherent words.

My eyebrows furrowed. I’m really… as in really not in the mood to put up with her violence.

“You know what… you’re starting to get on my nerves. You hurt me, hit me over and over again without telling me what I have done wrong. If you have something against me then tell me straight to my face so I would know.”I told her with gritted teeth.  I felt anger rising on my chest. I breathed in and out to calm myself.

There were onlookers watching us and they saw Jessica slapping me.

“You don’t really know?..” She was calm but there was a hint of sarcasm on her voice.

I inhaled a lungful of air. She called me names, insulted me and hurt me physically a lot of times but I put up with her because I want to understand her but I as I see it.. she’s not willing to understand me.

“Oh… I’m sorry Ms. Jung. I don’t know. Why?... Because as you always say… I’m dumb. Sorry if this idiot couldn’t understand even the simplest things.” I’m not only brutally frank, I could be sarcastic and feisty when I’m provoked.

Silence…


“I was happy with the thought that you would help me, but I guess I’m wrong. I put up with your violence, mood swings and everything.. but not this time Jess… not this time.” She just remained silent.

 

“Thank you for coming with me here. I’ll just pay at the cashier then I’ll take you home.” I turned my back to her and walked towards the escalator, with a book in my hands. Even though she hurt me, I couldn’t take to leave her.

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

I watched Stephanie as she walked towards the escalator.

Stephanie… funny… I can’t even say the nickname that I gave her.

Her words echoed in my mind… pierced my heart.

Yeah… she’s right…

She kept on reaching for me but I kept on pushing her away. She looked hurt…. I hurt her. But why does my heart hurt so much?....

I followed her to the cashier with heavy footsteps.

 

We got out of the bookstore which is inside a mall. We were walking side by side but she wasn’t talking. Her face was expressionless but her eyes were fierce.

Gosh… she’s really mad.

“Uhmm… Tiff….” She stopped and faced me.

“What?....” Expressionless and calm… but I know deep inside that expression was a controlled anger.

“I’m sorry…….” She didn’t answer. She just stared at me with blank expression then she looked away and sighed heavily.

 

“Seriously Jess…. What am I to you?” Her eyes were pleading. My heart stopped for a moment.

 

Yeah Jess… what is she to you?..

She’s a… she’s a friend…

No Jess… she’s not your friend.

Then I’ll make her.

 

I inhaled a lungful of air. I held her hand and smiled at her.

 

“Tiffany you------“ she cut me out.

“Are you hungry? Let’s eat before we head home.” Her eyes softened but I could see the sadness in her eyes. She freed her hand from my grip.

“Well then… let’s go.” She resumed on walking.

Aeiisshhhh! Jessi! What have you done.

 

While we were walking, Tiffany suddenly stopped. Her eyes onto something. I followed the direction of her eyesight.

She was staring at a beautiful grand piano that was displayed for a promotion. It is elegant and probably costs a lot.

 

“Hello there ladies.” A friendly-looking pretty lady called our attention.

“Hello…” Tiffany greeted her… smiling.

My eyebrows rose.

She smiled…… immediately?

 

The lady chuckled.

“Huh?” Tiff’s eyes narrowed.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just find you.. uhm.. the two of you pretty.” The lady chuckled again.

The two of us? Then why are you looking only at my Blue?

 

“That’s our product’s new model. Pretty isn’t it?”

Excuse me. I’m here. Your attention is solely on Blue!

“You know how to play the piano?” The lady asked Blue.. completely ignoring me.

“Yes… but I’m not that good.”

Well then let’s just get going and eat.

 

“You want to try it?” Tiffany smiled widely and nodded.

Am I invincible?! And will you please stop flirting with my Blue!!!

“Okay! Go ahead!” Ms. Flirt was evidently exited.

What are you? A cheerleader?!  (eyes rolled in sarcasm)

 

Tiffany sat on the piano chair. She glanced at Ms. Flirt and started to play the piano..

Aarrrggghhhh!!!!!!

 

 


The first time ever I saw your face 

I thought the sun rose in your eyes 

And the moon and stars were the gifts you gave 

To the dark and the empty skies, my love, 

To the dark and the empty skies. 

She always sings when we shower… yes… the two of us always shower together whenever she sleeps over at our house with Taeyeon Unnie. No malice whatsoever.

Really… no malice… Hihih  ^_^

Oh come on! Stop intriguing once in a while okay?                                       

 

As I was saying, I heard her sing a lot of times. Mostly alternative rock.. some were R&B. This one… this one is really different.

 

The first time ever I kissed your mouth 

And felt your heart beat close to mine 

Like the trembling heart of a captive bird 

That was there at my command, my love 

That was there at my command.                        

 

She was singing whole heartedly. Her eyes closed from time to time.

Her voice drifted me to reminiscing…..  the first time ever I saw her face.. the first time our bodies touched… our first kiss… all flashed right before my eyes.  *dreamy eyes*

 

 

And the first time ever I lay with you 

I felt your heart so close to mine 

And I knew our joy would fill the earth 

And last till the end of time my love 

It would last till the end of time my love 

 

And the first time ever I lay with you… I felt your heart so close to mine…..

Oh Well… I had no choice since my bed is small for the both of us.

Really now? Hihih ^_^

Shut up!

 

I noticed that Blue already gathered a good number of crowd. They were taking pictures and videos of her with their phones. They were smiling and obviously amazed.

I feel so proud. *sighs in happiness*

 

The first time ever I saw your face, your face, 

your face, your face 

 

Loud cheers and clapping of hands flooded that section of the mall after Blue’s performance.

 

“Thank you. Thanks to all of you.” Blue bowed at the people.

 

“Yyyiiiiiiiiiii!!! That was wonderful!” I darted to Ms. Flirt. Now she doesn’t look friendly to me anymore.

 

Pssshhhh…

 

“That was very nice, Stephanie!” Ms. Flirt was still grinning like an idiot. I’m fighting hard the urge to kick her face.

Huh? How did she knew Blue’s name?!    O.o

“You know me?” Blue voiced out my question.

 

“Ofcourse I know you.. and your sister. I watch your games. I’m a big fan of yours. I never liked soccer or football…but when I saw you.. I mean.. your game when I was surfing channels on tv.. it’s my favorite sport now.” Ms. Flirt curved her hands into fists and placed the on both of her cheeks then grinned toothiely.

Is that an aegyo?! Oh God I really want to kick her face!

 

The crowd started to disperse.

“I can’t believe I can see you this close.” Aww stop giggling! You’re so annoying!!!

 

Jealous….. hihih…

No I’m not!

Yes you are…. Hihi.  ^_^

I said no!

 

“Can I hug you?”

Whhhhaaaaaaattttttttt????!!!!!      

“Uhhmmm……..” Blue glanced at me.

“Oh… That’s good. I thought you forgot about me.” I told her with my sarcasm filled voice.

Ms. Flirt looked at me in a way that I didn’t like. Wait! Did she just rolled her eyes on me?!    O.o

 

“Why you !!!” I mumbled.

 

“Well----------“ Before Blue could finish what she was about to say, Ms. Super Duper Mega Over Flirt hugged her tightly.

 

I felt like every fluid in my body boiling.

Blue was expressionless but she was trying to pull away from her. Ms. Super Duper Mega Over Flirt snuggled much more closer to Blue.

 

Awww That’s it! I had enough!                

 

I harshly pulled away my blue from the super glue embrace of Ms. Super Duper Mega Over Flirt. She looked at me with surprised expression.

I glared at her and shared her piece of my mind…

 

“Stop flirting with my girlfriend!”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________--

A/N  :    Red wine and cola again. I will try the redwine that one of my former company's subcontractor gave me last christmas. 

             Charlesbo Meng Erte Redwine... The label has chinese characters....

             You guys might think that I drink a lot... but honestly.. I have low alcohol tolerance. I mix small.. as in small amount of redwine on cola... and I put alot of ice in it. So its basically water, cola and little liquior.