SNIFFY SQUEEZY BLUE

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 4    SNIFFY SQUEEZY BLUE

It was a hot Friday afternoon. Tiffany And her team mates are busy warming up for their training. They are at the open field of their school, under the scorching hot sun.

The Womens Soccer club’s training schedule is every Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ 3pm.

“ Hey Stefan!” Tiffany turned to the person who called her. It was Hyoyeon. One of her FEW friends and also a team mate.

“ What is it, Bogart?” She shot back with a question.

“Will you be coming to the party tonight?” Hyoyeon asked while stretching her legs.

“ I won’t be. Me and Taeyeon Unnie have to attend the meeting for tune up games. And I have to wait for her until the end of their training.” Tiffany answered. The Women’s Volleyball Team’s Training is alo ever Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6pm to 9pm.

“ Yeah… I remember.”

“Hugo is coming with you, right?” Tiffany refers to her other friend and team mate, Yuri.

“Yep! But its better if you’re with us.” Hyoyeon said and flicked Tiffany’s forehead. Hyoyeon then stood up and walked towards Yuri who is currently having a conversation with their captain.

Tiffany touched her forehead… covered with a medical plaster.

“Ughhhh….” She sighed.

It has been 4 days after that nightmare headbutt happened. She remembered waking up with a bandage on her head. It was a pretty bad cut according to the doctor. As her sister stated, she woke up the next day after she passed out.

And now there she was, waiting at the sidelines. It will only be next week that she could be fully able to join the team in training. The school physician told her to do so.

Tiffany looked at her friends “Bogart” and “Hugo”.

She and her friends call each other with a guy’s name. Since Stephanie is her real name, the two called her Stefan. Well, about Hyoyeon and Yuri? Bogart and Hugo are the names of the yummy and delectable looking guys that were contestants of a dating show on tv that she watched few years ago.

A whistle is heard signaling the start of the team’s training.

 

                                                      

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

I got out of the locker room after I changed back to casual clothes. Now, I’m on my way to the school canteen for a light snack. The canteen is the whole ground floor of the Engineering building.

As I was nearing the canteen, I saw someone familiar also heading the canteen. Its her again. Unconsciously, I placed my hand on my poor forehead.

“Huhhhhh……” I breath a sigh of relief when she went upstairs. She didn’t notice me, right? I think I have a Jessiphobia. I felt like my head cracked open but she!......she doesn’t even have a scratch on her head. Is her head made of steel?! Terminator!

 

“Here’s your change” the cashier said smiling and handed some coins to me. As I lifted the tray, I heard a voice unfamiliar to my ear. It was a girl’s voice. She was asking for a cold chocolate malt drink.

“What a nice voice.” I thought and head for the tables reserved for faculty members and school staff. Its okay since half of the canteen is closed. Only the portion near the food counter and portion for school staff is available.

I chose the table at the corner, near the window.

I started munching the chicken sandwich that I bought. Its just a light snack because me and Taeyeon unnie will eat dinner after their training.

Since it’s only  a light snack, I only bought a chicken sandwich, a tuna sandwich, a hotdog waffle, 3 sticks of fried chicken skin and a large coke.

I was engrossed with eating when I felt the chair behind me moved. Someone sat there. I didn’t bother to look.

“Is she really that hungry?!” I heard a whisper.

Its that voice again. The same voice that I heard in the food counter.

Is she referring to me?

I looked around. We were the only ones on that portion of the canteen. Yeah. I think she’s referring to me.

I’m not that hungry! What’s wrong with her?! Anyone who disagrees that a chicken sandwich, tuna sandwich, hotdog waffle, 3 sticks of fried chicken skin and a large coke is a light snack, raise your hand!

 

Our backs are facing each other that’s why I can’t recognize her. I turned my attention to my light snack.

I smelled a familiar scent. Its so familiar but I can’t remember when or where I encountered it.

My nose flared again. I started to sniff and sniff in the air. Still not enough. I moved my head as my nose searched for the culprit.

*SNIFF SNIFF*

Is she the one I smell?

Duh (eyes roll upwards) Tiffany! Who else?

I leaned towards her so I could smell her better. My eyes closed.

 

*SNIFF SNIFF*

 

*SNIFF SNIFF*

 

I felt her hair touch my face. Or should it be, my face made a touch down on her hair?

 

*SNIFF SNIFF*

 

*SNIFF SNIFF*

Uhmmmm…. Smells like…. Smells like…..

 

The suddenly, the memories flashed in my head. It can’t be!

Smells like……. Jessica Jung!

 

My eyes instantly opened upon the realization that this is Jessica Jung. The person that gave me an “accommodation” in the hospital.

She is staring at me with her eyes wide open same as mine. Our face is just merely 3 inches apart.

If you think I got surprised by getting caught red handed, your wrong. You’re imagining things again.

“Awkward! Awkward! Awkward!” my brain shouted.

I have to think of an excuse. I’m not guilty, ok?!               

She’s looking at my forehead. Perfect!

“Look at what you’ve done to my forehead.” Cold…expressionless.

I’m really good at that. Looking cold and expressionless…. just like my sister.

 

Terminator blinked, blinked and blinked again while still staring at my forehead.

Then she touched my forehead. The face of her palm covering the wounded area.

“I’m so sorry about this.” She said as her thumb caressed the wound that is covered with medical plaster.

Her voice was soft… I can feel her sincerity. Maybe she’s really not bad at all.

My expression soften. I smiled.

“That’s ok. It was an accident… though it really hurt.”

She smiled back at me.

Good….. we’re now having a conversation. I think that’s a good sign.

 

After that light snack, I went to see my sister who was still training. I sat on the bleachers as I watch them on action.

Man…. my sister is really cool.                                                                                   

 

I smiled as I recall my conversation with Jessica. Although it was only one sentence each, conversation is still conversation.

 

Taeyeon unnie and I are on our way to our neighbor school. The meeting will be held there.

I sighed…                        

 

Taeyeon unnie will see her again. Her girlfriend… I mean, her arch nemesis that has the same characteristic as her.

I think there’s just a lot of with those two. She will kill me if she could read my mind.

Me and my friends refers to any misunderstanding between people.

 

 

The meeting then finally end. Tune up games is already set up.

“Unnie, wait for me. I’ll just go to the bathroom.” I told my sister. We are near the gate.

I headed for the bathroom.

 

After I finished my business, I freshen up a little.

The door of the lone occupied cubicle opened. I got surprise to see who it was. Its her again. Jessica Jung. Wait! Is she following me?

“What are you doing here?” I asked with my signature cold and expressionless tone.

“Im with my sister. She is a member of volley team here.” Jessica answered.

“How about you?” She shot back a question.

“ Im also with my sister. We attended the league athletics meeting a while ago” I told her.

What is happening to me. I feel like Im melting with her gaze. And now I’m smiling.

 

“Come, let’s walk together.” I said.

She looks a little hesitant….. but still, she agreed.

 

It was an eerie silent when we were walking. I decided to take the initiative.

“Ehem ehem….” I cleared my throat.

She looked at me.

“We’re not properly introduced. I’m Stephanie Hwang. You can call me Tiffany.”

“Jessica…. Jessica Jung”

We shook hands.

Uhmmmmm…. So soft.

Wait! Is terminator faking a smile?!

“Why are you looking at me like that? You are giving me that look ever since the enrollment” I bluntly asked.

“Oh sorry! Its just that… its just that…. I think your hitting on me. You are boyish. There might be a possibility that you like me… in a different way.” She said.

“Whoah! This girl is frank.” I thought.

“I think you’re a good person but if you have that “weird” feeling for me…. you better stop now. I won’t be involved with a fellow girl.”

God! I wanna strangle her right now! This punk is so full of herself.       

“Sorry to burst your overgrown ego… I don’t like you in a weird way. And FYI…. I’m straight.” I shot back at her with my cold and expressionless aura.

“Okay… if you say so. I’m sorry.” She said with a low voice.

 

“If there’s anything I want from you, that is to be your friend” I told her.

Terminator smiled at me.

 

We were near the gate where my sister is waiting for me when both of us stopped.

I stopped because there at the gate is my sister, having a heated gaze battle with a girl. Her arch nemesis Sunny Jung. They were not talking but their eyes tell it all. Its scary. If looks could kill… those two are already dead.

I felt Jessica’s arm wrapped around my body. Her face buried between my neck and shoulder…. again.

My right hand automatically went to her head and caressed her hair. My left hand on her back.

“What’s wrong?’ I whispered.

“They are scary. I never seen my older sister so angry like that” she said.

 

“Ah…. Ok….. What?!!!” She is Sunny Jung’s sister?! Yeah… makes sense. Jessica JUNG… Sunny JUNG.

“Why don’t just they release their ?!” I muttered.

 

Few moments passed by and the two punks walked away… out of the gate… leaving their younger sisters like that.

“They left” I whispered in her ear. She didn’t budge.

I realized that we were at that position at the whole time.

“Hey come on. Its over. They left.”

Terminator still won’t budge. I better think of a way to pull away from her embrace.

 

DDIIIIIIINNNNNNNG!                         

 

*ANOTHER LIGHT BULB MOMENT*

 

My left hand moved downwards. Landed on a soft curvy spot.

 

“Jessica………”

 

*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*

 

“Hey Jessica….”

 

*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*

                                                                     

She looked up to me. Good! I got her attention.

 

“Hey Jess…….”

 

*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*

                                                                     

Terminator’s facial expression changed. She looks furious. But why?

 

Then the unexpected happened again. Its different this time.

 

PPPPPAAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!

 

I heard a loud bang. Is there an explosion?! No! It’s the sound of her palm hitting my left cheek with full force.

Ohhh…. I can’t believe this girl.                              

 

Im dizzy. My ears are ringing furiously. I think she mouthed the word” ERT!”

 

Well… I think so since I can’t hear her even though she’s few steps away from me.

                                                                                 

There’s no reason for her to call me ert, right?

 

I felt fluid coming out of my left ear. With my fuzzy eye sight and shaky fingers, I dipped a finger to my left ear and take a look at the fluid.

“Oh my God…” I mumbled and I felt my energy being out from my body.

Blood on my finger… from my left ear. That’s the last thing I saw before I passed out.