CHAPTER 6 STALKING HWANG

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 6                 STALKING HWANG

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

“ Ahhh….ughhhh…” I stretched my arms upwards as I yawned heartily. My hurts from sitting for 4 hours straight here at the Engineering library. As a studious student that I am, the library is my most favorite place of the entire campus.

I glanced again at my phone to check the time. Oh! Its almost 6 o’clock. No wonder I’m kind of hungry. I think I should drop by at the canteen for a snack before I head to Unnie’s school.

 I started to clear my things, gather my notes and a book that I borrowed from the library. I stood up and walked towards the librarian.

I was on the table on the furthermost part of the library so it was a about more or less 50 meters walk to the librarian.

On my way, I noticed the strange look the students were giving me. In every table that I passed by, students have a weird look in their eyes. Some were accusing, some were questioning, some were scared and some were somewhat…. amused.

My eyebrows furrowed.

“What’s with these people?” I garbled as I approach the librarian’s desk.

“It’s her! She’s the one who hurt Stefan!” I heard someone said. It was a low voice...rather a whisper.

“Yeah! Taeyeon was flustered in anger. Her sibling was badly beaten up.” Said another whispering voice.

Stefan?! Who the hell is that?! And Taeyeon? Who’s Taeyeon.?

“I feel pity for Stefan. Because of that girl did to her, Stefan couldn’t join the soccer team’s training until next week.” another voice.

“She looks mean and scary. Poor Stefan……that was the first time I saw her got hurt outside of a soccer game.” another one.

 

The thread of my patience felt like its on the verge of snapping. My God! Don’t these people realize that they were whispering loudly?

I felt pairs of eyes burning a hole on my back. Arrrghhh! Annoying!

 

I shot back at them and they immediately lower their heads, some looked the other direction, others pretended to be busy reading.

 

After the librarian handed me my library card. I gave another glance on those people and I caught them looking again at me. Again, some lowered their heads, looked the other direction and pretended reading.

“Relax Jessi…. relax” I thought to myself and composed myself. I smiled at the librarian and walked away full of pride.

If they see me as a mean person… so be it! It’s a blessing in disguise I guess. I think I won’t be bullied anymore.

 

On my way to the canteen, kept on thinking about the names those student mentioned. Stefan?... Taeyeon?....

Well, I’m somewhat familiar with the name Taeyeon. I heard Sunny Unnie mentioned about a certain Hwang Taeyeon when our mom asked her about their volleyball games. I’m not a fan of sport so I didn’t bother to listen.  I don’t even watch my sister’s games. Even when our mom invites me to watch the replay telecast (their games are televised), I won’t watch it.

Sunny Unnie also mentioned about this Taeyeon as her greatest rival. Maybe unnie thinks about Taeyeon too much because I even heard her say the person’s name when she was asleep. Seems like Taeyeon appears even in Unnie’s dreams.

Hwang…… same surname as Blue’s.

 

And Stefan?! Who’s Stefan? They said Stefan got hurt because of me. Huh?... Those people are freaks!

Ahhhh…. I suddenly thought of blue. I think I hurt her badly. Well its her fault! She d my s in broad daylight! There were onlookers.I got so mad.  Good thing we didn’t got caught. I got mad because that punk d by ies and not because she did it in broad daylight and I was afraid others may notice. I’m just clarifying the matter.

 

Oh Wait! I remembered something. I heard someone say her instead of him.

………………………………………….

………………………………………………..

 

Stefan is Stephanie Hwang!!!

                                                                           

Stefan?! What the?! She has a guy’s name?  And those students back on the library were girls. So Blue is popular with girls, huh? Smells fishy.

 

As I was nearing the canteen, I noticed a familiar figure also approaching the canteen. Its her…. Stephanie Hwang.

“Ohhh poor you….” I thought to myself as I glanced at the girl with a medical plaster on the forehead. The girl that gave me sleepless night… the girl who camped into my brain cells, the girl that I can even see in my dreams. Guilt hunted me, okay? GUILT. Nothing more. You guys are having cute ideas again.

 

“Did she noticed me?” I asked myself.

I think she’s avoiding me. I can’t blame her.

I was the one who first to enter the building. I decided to go hide at the stairs before I go to the open part of the canteen. I have to gather my strength.

She sighed and  proceeded to the food counter. Was that a sigh of relief?... Maybe Blue is really avoiding me.

I gathered my strength. I inhaled and gave myself words of encouragement.

 

This is weird…. What are you doing Jessica? Why are you nervous?

 

I combed my hair with my hands. I smelled myself. Hmmmm…. The perfume scent is gone.       

I took out my perfume from my backpack and started spraying like crazy. Smelled myself again and return the perfume back on the backpack.

 

When I felt that I gathered enough courage, I walked towards the food counter.

“I’ll have a cold chocolate malt drink, please.” I told the attendant. As I waited for my order,  I glanced at Blue. Pretty boy was getting her change. She then walk towards the faculty and staff lounge.

I saw the items on her plate…

Whoah! Two sandwiches, a waffle, 3 stricks of fried chicken skin and a large coke?! Someone’s hungry.

I followed her. I darted for the table next to hers. I sat on the chair that was placed at the back of her chair.

“Is she really that hungry?” I whispered.

 

I started to drink the cold beverage when I felt something or someone on the back of my head. Felt like I was being sniffed by a dog.

Whoah wait! Is she sniffing me?! I felt my body tensed.

What the?!

 I was flustered.

“Yah! This ert!!!” My brain shouted.

This punk is really asking for it!

I turned around to scold her but before I could curse her with all the known curse in the world, I froze. Her face so near from my face. I could even feel her warm breath on my lips.

 

“Awkward! Awkward! Awkward!” My mind shouted.

I stared at her for a moment.

Awwww… this punk is really pretty. Aaarrggghhhhh!!! What were you thinking?!!!

Then I heard Pretty Boy Blue spoke…….

“Look what you’ve done to my forehead.” She looks cold and expressionless. But why does she have a puppy dog eyes at the same time?

My anger melted….maybe because of the fact that I was the reason she got hurt.

 

Unconsciously, my hand moved and touched her wounded forehead.

“Im so sorry about this.” I told her as my thumb caressed the plaster that covered her wound.

 

“That’s ok. It was an accident… though it really hurt.” She answered.

 

I smiled.

 

 

When I was on my way to my former school which is two blocks from my new school, I saw Pretty Boy blue again. Blue is tall, the girl walking along beside her is even taller.

I recognize that person. That was the girl that carried the unconscious Blue.

I noticed the jacket of the taller girl. It reads VOLLEYBALL on the bottom part of the jacket… and HWANG at the upper side.

 

I recalled the whispers of the students. They mentioned Taeyeon as Blue’s sister. So that’s Hwang Taeyeon! My sister’s arch nemesis. Well, that’s how my sister put it.

 

“Maybe they will be attending the league athletics meeting just like my sister.”

I have a bad feeling about this.

 

I kept at bay… I don’t want them to notice me. Why? Beats me.

I felt like jumping to somewhere just to hide every time I felt like Blue will turn around.  What the?!

I stopped and pondered on my action. Why am I acting like a psycho stalker?!

 

 

The meeting started and I was waiting outside the meeting area. Badtrip! Why did I even agree to go home with my sister. I’m tired and I still have homework to finish!

 

I paced back and forth to the meeting place’s side door. There, I can see my sister and Taeyeon giving each other dagger looks.

Then my eyesight darted on Blue. She looks tired.

She looked mean and hotter with that plaster on her forehead. I giggled.

Jessica! Stop it! I scolded myself.

Awww…. Guilt really got the better of me. I sighed.

 

Finally the meeting ended. I saw her walked towards the gate with her sister, who is still exchanging dagger looks with my sister.

Blue said something to her sister, then later turn around and headed towards the restroom.

“Unnie, I’ll just go to the bathroom.” I told my sister.

“Okay, Just don’t take time.” Unnie answered without breaking her glare to Taeyeon.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Blue asked with her signature cold and expressionless tone.

“Im with my sister. She is a member of volley team here.” I answered.

“How about you?” I shot back a question.

“ Im also with my sister. We attended the league athletics meeting a while ago” She told her.

What is happening to me. I feel like Im melting with her gaze. And now I’m smiling.

 

“Come, let’s walk together.” I heard her say.

I was a bit hesitant thinking that this girl likes me in a different way. With all that squeezing and sniffing and staring and those heart melting smiles… ahhh…. No doubt! This girl likes me.

 

It was an eerie silent when we were walking. She decided to take the initiative.

“Ehem ehem….” I heard her clear .

I looked at her.

“We’re not properly introduced. I’m Stephanie Hwang. You can call me Tiffany.” She said

“Jessica…. Jessica Jung”

We shook hands.

Uhmmmmm…. So soft.

Oh Wait Jessica! There you go again! This girl likes you. And now she will think that you like her in that way too.

I forced a smile.

She frowned.

 

 

“Why are you looking at me like that? You are giving me that look ever since the enrollment” She bluntly asked.

“Oh sorry! Its just that… its just that…. I think your hitting on me. You are boyish. There might be a possibility that you like me… in a different way.” I replied.

“Whoah! Blue is frank.” I thought.

“I think you’re a good person but if you have that “weird” feeling for me…. you better stop now. I won’t be involved with a fellow girl.” I told the frowning Blue.

Why do I feel like she wants to strangle me?

 

“Sorry to burst your overgrown ego… I don’t like you in a weird way. And FYI…. I’m straight.” she shot back at me with her cold and expressionless aura.

“Okay… if you say so. I’m sorry.” I said with a low voice.

 

“If there’s anything I want from you, that is to be your friend” She told me.

I smiled at her.

 

We were near the gate where my sister is waiting for me when both of us stopped.

I stopped because there at the gate is my sister, having a heated gaze battle with a girl. Her arch nemesis Taeyeon Hwang. They were not talking but their eyes tell it all. Its scary. If looks could kill… those two are already dead.

I felt my arms moved involuntarily and wrapped around  Pretty Boy’s body. My face buried between her neck and shoulder…. again.

Her right hand went to the back of my head and caressed my hair. Her left hand on my back rubbing circles.

“What’s wrong?’  she whispered.

“They are scary. I never seen my older sister so angry like that” I answered.

 

“Ah…. Ok….. What?!!!”  I heard her say. I think she realized that her sister’s arch nemesis is my sister.

“Why don’t just they release their ?!” she muttered.

 

ual what?!   O.O

 

“They left” She whispered in my ear.

Ahh…. It feels so good to snuggle.

I  didn’t budge.

 “Hey come on. Its over. They left.” She whispered again.

Shut up! Im busy snuggling.

 

I felt her left hand moved downwards. Landed on a soft curvy spot.

 

Soft….. curvy….. spot?!

 

“Jessica………”

 

*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*

 

My  felt weird.

 

“Hey Jessica….”

 

*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*

 

Why do I feel hands on my ?..... Oh well…..

                                                                     

She looked up to me. Good! I got her attention.

 

“Hey Jess…….”

 

*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*

 

I feel like a hand is squeezing my … my ?!.... A hand?... squeezing?!!!!.....

                                                                     

My face flustered again! What the hell?!!!

 

Did she just my ?!

 

It was dark but my mind became darker than the night.

My hand moved on its own.

 

PPPPPAAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!

 

“ERT!!!!”

 

I shouted at her.

 

Wait…. She looks kind of weird…

I sensed something terribly wrong.

 

I looked at her as she moved her hand and placed her shaky fingers inside her ear.

She took out her finger and looked at it.

Her faced turned pale white… so is mine.

I saw the fluid in her fingers… glistening under the light… bright… red… BLOOD.

A song played in my head…

 

OOPSS.

I.

DID.

IT.

AGAIN.

 

 

Then Blue passed out.

 

Damn!

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the late update. i can only write my fic at night. I don't like it when someone is hovering in my monitor or when its noisy.