PROBLEM AGAIN

Convince Me Not

CHAPTER 110   PROBLEM AGAIN

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is a scorching afternoon. It is the day when the sun decided to shine at its brightest and generate heat more than ever. Expectators filled the stadium for the upcoming event ignoring the possibility of heat .

 

 

The anticipated event has come.

 

 

“Okay everyone! Huddle up!” Juhyun, the team captain and acting coach yelled. The team members followed the order. They stood infront of their leader with eagerness and seriousness.

 

Juhyun took a moment to look at her team mates one by one then she closed her eyes and breathed out.  And when she started to speak everyone listened. The Great Captain Seo Juhyun shed words of wisdom and encouraging words. She spoke with stern and authority like an medieval army leader before going to war.

 

“We’ve been through this. Championship. We are a dynasty. We are a powerhouse..............”

 

“We are not strangers to Championships......... we are destined to be champions.....”

 

“We are strong............... We are brave..........................”

 

“Today.... this Championship game........... we are being challenged more than we were challenged before........”

 

“Today we will fight for a more stronger cause....... today we will show everyone why we are the Champions of this sport....”

 

“We may be short of five players... but.... it made our hearts stronger.......... it made us thirstier........”

 

“We will win this........................... “

 

Juhyun ended her speech with a strong sigh. She’s all fired up and she could see how fired up the whole team is. They are ready. Oh so ready.

 

Everyone nodded and clapped. They havent been as this serious on a huddle before. And the beautiful moment was destroyed.

 

 

PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT......

 

 

 

And No... it wasnt a whistle.

 

 

 

“Ugh! What the heck?!”

 

“Stinks!”

 

“Hurry for the exit!”

 

“I cant breath!”

 

 A bomb exploded.

 

Almost everyone run out of the poisonous locker room. Almost, because the perpetrator and the captain were still inside.

 

 

 

 

“You never miss to ruin my speech.... you walking weapon of mass destruction.” Juhyun wacked the ‘criminal’s’ head with a large fully loaded canister of air freshener. Juhyun seemed to anticipate that this would happen so she readied a gas mask which she currently wears now.

 

It was a powerful explosion. The team mates who ran outside are still gasping more fresh air.

 

“Damn it Hwang. Clean up your mess.” Juhyun shoved the canister to Hwang that is also covering her face. The impact of the bomb was so powerful that it could sting the eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

 

Damn it. I’m tired. We are only in 40 minute mark of the match. Why am I tired already?

 

“Hey!”

 

I heard a shout on the back ground and I noticed the ball rolling towards me... fast. I caught it in time and a second after there were already two players invading my personal space trying to get the ball from me.

 

Ugh! Geez! These girls are so pesky!

 

I saw Yuri and kicked the ball towards her which she caught with no trouble. She ran and defended the ball from the opponents.

 

My running slowed a little.

 

Is it just me or its just awfully humid today. Wait.... we’ve been training and playing under this heat many times already. Why am I feeling different now?

 

Yuri kicked the ball towards the goal but the goal keeper caught it. Yuri hissed.

 

The ball, which is now in the possession of the opponent is making its way on the goal. The player who has the ball passed by me and I immediately chased her.

 

She made a good fight in defending the ball. We looked like we were playing fencing with our feet. She would advance a little and I’ll follow her on pursuit for the ball. After a few tries, I managed to get the ball from her and I immediately kicked the ball towards the person nearest to the goal, Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon caught the ball and kicked it towards the goal.

 

There was a booming roar from the audience and my team.

 

A goal for Hyoyeon......

 

An assist for me.....

 

Yuri took advantage of the moment and hugged Hyoyeon without forgetting to Hyoyeon’s . She also stole a loud peck on Hyoyeon’s lips.

 

What a . Tsk tsk.

 

I closed my eyes and held my chest lightly. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I was our Captain. She was trying to be nonchalant but I know how worried she is.

 

“Are you alright?” She asked me. I nodded. She stared at me for a while and nodded back. She jogged towards the other players.

 

Stephanie.... you’re not tired...

 

You’re not tired...

 

“Baby! Hang in there!” I heard a familiar voice.

 

Jessi....... my Jessi.....

 

Oh.....maybe just my imagination. How could I hear her with all this noise and distance.

 

It is you could feel what I feel? Is that why I’m hearing you?

 

Thanks Jessi... you are my strength....

 

I love you....

 

 

I turned my attention back to the game. I could feel the fatigue crawling within me with such a fact pace. I don’t understand. Normally, I could finish a 90 minute game under the heat and without a substitute.

 

What is happening to me?

 

Why do I feel so tired?

 

There was a whistle. The ball entered the field again.

 

Just 2 minutes before half time, Stephanie. Hang on.

 

!

 

I tried to step but I couldn’t move. I just stood there while breathing hard. All of them were running but here I am left standing on my post, unmoving.

 

“Hwang! Watch out!”

 

Huh? Captain?

 

Next thing I knew, someone collided on me and I’m laying face down on the ground.

 

 

 

Damn it! I need a substitute!

 

 

I’m so tired..........

 

I’m so tired..........

 

I’m so tired..........

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________