SENSING TROUBLE

Convince Me Not

 

 

A/N : This chapter is a filler of chapter 74 and start of explaining chapter 75

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 79      SENSING TROUBLE

 

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

 

“Good morning gorgeous…..” I whispered in my sleeping girlfriend’s ear. She stirred for a moment and moved position from facing me to lying on her back.

 

I gawk onto her as I kneeled on the floor on the side of her bed. Strands of her hair fell loosely on her face and I couldn’t help myself from smiling idiotically while tucking the loose strands behind her ears.

 

Slowly, I leaned and kiss her right cheek. I caressed the part that I kissed with the back of my hand. I sighed and sighed as I busied myself staring at my beloved angel….ermh… sometimes evil.. but most of the time ert girlfriend.

 

“Hummnnn…. Tiff…” Jessi yawned and stirred again.

 

Awwww….. *melts*

 

When I felt like she was about to open her eyes, I quickly collapsed back on the floor where I slept……..

 

*THUD*

 

Yoooouuuuuuccccccchhhhhhhhhhh!!! *mentally screaming frantically*

 

…… so quickly that my head banged on the tiled floor. *clenches fists tightly to prevent self from rolling in the floor in pain*

 

I acted like I was still asleep. For a hardheaded like me (literally), the impact of my head hitting the floor wasn’t enough to take me out cold (Jessi’s head is an exemption because she is made of steel). Now, here I am, lying on the cold floor with a throbbing head. *sigh*

 

“Tiff…… Babe……” I heard Jessi’s hoarse morning voice and I felt her body shifted towards me.

 

*Tiffany dork mode : covers head with pillow to hide idiotic grin*

 

I expected her to call my name sweetly, caress me and touch me on the right places *clears throat* but it didn’t came. Instead, I heard her soft sobs and sniffs.

 

What the ?!  O.O

 

My eyes shut wide open under the pillow then I sat up and leaned on the bed to attend to her.  She cried even more when our eyes met.

 

“Babe….. what’s wrong?...” I asked her as I cupped her cheeks.

 

“Tiffany…..”

 

“Did you have a bad dream?”

 

She didn’t answer and instead she looked away from me and avoided my stare. I pulled her into a hug and caressed her back.

 

“Jessi… what is it? Tell me…”

 

“Tiff…. I love you.” She said in-between sobs. I didn’t respond. I pulled her tighter and swayed her body slowly from side to side while humming “You’re All I Need” by an 80’s band whose name slipped my mind. Then my humming turned into singing when I reached the chorus part.

                                                                                                                                                                                

                                          You're all I need beside me girl
                                         You're all I need to turn my world
                                         You're all I want inside my heart
                                        You're all I need when we're apart
                                           You're all that I need

 

I patted her back a few times then kissed the crook of her neck.

 

“Come on Babe…. we’re gonna be late for school.” I broke the hug and walked towards her closet where my clothes are neatly arranged.

 

“Babe…. move that NOW.” I told her in my ever popular monotonous expressionless tone. I emphasized on the word now and headed for the shower.

 

 

We arrived at school. I parked my car on my usual spot. Jessi and I weren’t speaking with each other during the trip. It’s not that I hate her.. it’s just that I don’t want to release a hellJessi. I don’t know what’s going on her mind now… and I don’t want push any wrong buttons. She didn’t start any conversation so I kept mum.

 

*sigh*

 

Jessica Jung…. I love you. I thought to myself while staring at the steering wheel.

We stayed inside my car for a while and she still doesn’t talk. I turned my attention to her and stared at her beautiful face. She was looking blankly outside. My eyes glued on her lips.

 

Damn it! I want to kiss you so badly!!!

 

I quickly look away when she shifted her attention on me. I heard her sigh. She was going to get off the car and I was too late to react…. She already got out.

 

I sighed for the nth time and got out of the car also. She walked ahead of me towards the school gate, never throwing a glance at me.

 

What the heck? Pre Menstrual Bull or just plain drama queen throwing a fit?

 

“I’ll carry that.” I took off her backpack from her and hugged it. She opened about to say something but closed it and kept mum.

 

We had a long walk towards our building. My eyes were fixed on the path ahead. I could see her glancing at me every now and then with my peripheral vision. And still… she didn’t utter a single word.

 

What’s wrong in this scenario?... Why is she pissed?.... What did I do?... Think Stephie! Think!

 

*Diiiinnnggggg!*

 

Stupid me! I didn’t told her this morning that I love her!!! Well… I did but.. she was still sleeping so she didn’t heard it for sure.

 

Stupid Stephie! How could you forget to tell her that you love her?! Aish!!! *slaps own head*

 

She looked at me like I’m insane. I sighed…… again.

 

“Cheeseball!” I heard my sister called me. Both Jessi and I stopped on our tracks on the stairs. We’re on Unnie’s floor…. 3rd floor. Unnie greeted Jessi then shifted her attention to me. I could feel  her hand squeezing hard my shoulder as if she wanted to tell me something important.. scratch that.. something serious.

 

“Unnie?” My eyebrows were knitted because of confusion.

 

“I….. *sighs*….”

 

“What is it?” I could sense that what she was trying to say was really serious. I leaned to whisper in her ear to ask that question.

 

“Just be careful. I’ll be watching your back, Stephie. Unnie has your back.” She said without looking at me. Our faces were side by side as if we’re having a top secret conversation.

 

Unnie patted my shoulder and went inside her classroom after nodding at Jessi. Taeyeon Unnie’s words pierced in my head.

 

What does she mean?

 

Did I do something wrong?

 

Did I break any school regulation?

 

Grade problems?

 

Or….. I’m in harm’s way? Harm?... why would somebody want to harm me?

 

Jessi and I resumed on going upstairs. I felt Jessi’s hand on my shoulder which made both of us stop at the midlanding of 4th floor.

 

“What was that about?” She asked me.

 

“Nothing.” I said.

 

“Yeah…. Nothing..” I heard her whisper.

 

We reached our designated rooms which are just across from each other. Jessi gestured that she would take her bag from me but instead of giving it to her, I entered their classroom and placed her bag on her seat.

 

I got out from their room and entered our room. I slumped lazily on my seat and stared at the ceiling wondering what my sister was talking about.

 

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt a nudge on my elbow. It was Bogart.

 

“Hmn?” I asked.

 

“Look outside.” Bogart said in a serious tone and proceeds on a serious conversation with her groupmate on our Geology class who is also our classmate in this period.

 

I stood up and peeked outside. There she was…. My Jessica.. standing outside of their classroom staring at me. She looked like she was about to cry.

 

Oh come on….. What did you do Stephie? How dare you forgot?! Maybe that’s what your beloved girlfriend wants to hear to loosen her up.

 

I lifted my arms towards her gesturing her to come to me. She obliged and walked towards me. I held her hand and intertwined our fingers. I guided her onto an empty room.

 

Once we got in, I closed the doors (yes, our classrooms have doors now). I came back to her after closing the doors. I stared at her beautiful face then closed the gap between our lips. It was just a soft innocent kiss… yet so tender and sweet.

 

“I love you so much… my beloved Jessica Jung.” I kissed the back of her hands.

 

She didn’t answer but she smiled at me. *melts again*

 

 

We went out of the room and headed to our respective rooms. She waved at me before entering their room. I was about to enter our room when I felt strange.. like someone is watching my every move. I shrugged at the thought. I was on the verge of getting in our room when I heard a familiar voice.

 

“Stefan!” I heard Hugo called me.

 

Hugo emerged from the stairs. This is not her building so why is she here? And she looks serious also. What is wrong with this day? Everyone is serious.

 

“What is it?” I asked her.

 

“I just want to remind you about our meeting later.”

 

“I haven’t forgot that.” I said. She just nodded.

 

“Hugo….. Stefan” Bogart joined our small talk.

 

“What do you think is the topic for the meeting later? I think its something serious. Rachel wouldn’t ask for a meeting if it’s not serious.” Hugo said.

 

“Does it have to be serious? What if she just wanted to tell something or give us news.” I replied.

 

Bogart kept mum. Hugo sighed.

 

“You two… just… just be careful… I could feel someone following me these past few days.” Hugo confessed.

 

“Yeah… me too. I could feel a presence following me. I ignored it at first but….” Bogart.

 

I remembered what happened a while ago when I felt someone following me and Jessi and watching my every move. I chose not to divulge it from my friends.

 

“Let’s just see what happens.” I said in finality.

 

 

No one’s P.O.V.

 

A figure is silently watching the three ace players of the school’s collegiate football team. An evil smile formed on the figure’s lips as it speaks.

“Don’t worry almighty three musketeers…. You wouldn’t be shot like what I did to your sunbae. I will give you a much interesting punishment to get the three of you out of my way…”

 

Then the figure’s eyes settled on the girl standing in the middle.

 

“I’ll start with you……….. Stephanie Hwang.”

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________