COBWEBS

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 8      COBWEBS

 

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

“Jessica….” 

I heard someone called my name. I looked around to see who it is. My brows furrowed.  There were still students in the study area but there were on the tables far from me.

I shook my head. I must be imagining things again.

With the sudden movement of my hand, I accidentally hit my pen which was on the table causing it to fall. I bent down to pick up the pen.

 

As my hand grab a hold on the pen, I noticed a paper near the foot of my chair. I’m not the kind of person who picks up random things… but this one grabbed my attention. I don’t know why….

It was a paper. A crumpled paper taken out from a notebook. It had scribbles on it and some stickman drawings.

One drawing that stood out is the one that caught my attention a while ago… and the main reason I picked up the trash.

It was a smiley… a plain smiley that even a child could draw.

I smiled….. People could be childish at times.

My eyes fixated on the smiley…. Then the smiley became a face of a person… Blue…. Blue and her unbelievable heart melting smile… Awww Blue…..

I jolted in my seat. What the?! My idiotic smile quickly disappeared from my lips. Again, I shook my head.

“Clear those cobwebs on your brain, Jess!” I scolded myself.

Ohh dear…. I must be very  guilty. I decided to give a chance. After what I have done to her she still managed to give me a sincere, warm and heart felt smile. 

 

I glanced at the big wall clock of the study area… its past 5pm. This is the moment. I’m going to Blue’s training.

 

I collected my things and placed it inside my backpack. I left the study area with that idiotic grin on my face. I just love smiling, okay? You guys chill. Don’t think too much.

 

I reached the openfield. The women’s soccer team is gone. I missed their training….

I felt a poke on my back. I turned around and saw a familiar face. I saw her before… she’s Blue’s classmate.

“Looking for someone?” she asked. Her hair is still wet. She’s probably a varsity player that took a shower after the training.

“Uhmmm….” I was lost for words. What should I say?

 

“Are you looking for Stefan?.... Oh I mean Tiffany.” She smiled and tapped her forehead.

 

I still didn’t answer. I can’t even move my head to nod. I felt uneasy. How did she knew I was looking for Blue?

I studied her. I’m taller than an average female… but this one?.... is even taller than me. She must be around 170cm. Yeah… I think she is an athlete. Volleyball or basketball maybe?.....

 

The brows of the girl in front of me formed a single line. Her arms across her chest.

She looked pissed….

 

“I’m sorry if I offended you… I didn’t mean to look at you like that. I was just wondering if you’re an athlete.” I told her.

 

“Its okay dear. I wasn’t offended. Yes, I’m an athlete just like Stefan… I mean Tiffany. In fact, we are team mates. By the way, I’m Hyoyeon. Nice to meet you Jessica!” she extended her hand to me. The girl also have a nice smile. But not as nice as Blue’s.

 

Did she mentioned Blue again? Is she a psychic or something?!

And Jessica?!... she knew my name? How? How? How? How?

 “You know my name?” I asked in confusion.

“Ofcourse! After what you did to Stefan?.... pssshhhh!” She said while nudging me.

 

She looked at her wristwatch and sighed. She looked at me again.

“Sheesssh! Look at the time. I still want to talk to you but I have to go. Oh and yeah… Stefan is still in the locker room with Hugo!” she said and dashed away.

“Oh… okay…”I answered. I headed to the locker room.

 

Good! I could still catch up with her. She’s still in the locker room with Hugo. Hugo…. Hugo?! A guy? Blue is with a guy in the locker room?! Whoah! Whoah!  Whoah!

 

I was suddenly alerted. I was already walking fast. No! I’m running.

When I arrived at the locker room, I saw girls coming out. Those girls were having a conversation. I can’t help but to hear them.

 

“Stefan! Hugo! We’re leaving!” the girl said before closing the door.

“Stefan could join the training next week, right. I heard she fainted last Friday.” Girl 1 said.

“Yeah. She should still rest. The soccer team needs her to play her 100%. Stefan, Hugo and Bogart… those three girls is a force to reckon with” said girl 2.

 

Did she just say girls?

Oohh… so Hugo is a girl with a guy’s name… same as Blue’s Stefan. And Bogart?!... couldn’t they think of better guy name?! Stefan sounds y…. Hugo and Bogart?... sounds so rough and manly. I wonder how they look like. Maybe those two girls look like a guy. A guy that looks like a goon. I chuckled at the thought.

 

I held the knob… I heard faint voices of two girls. The other is Blue’s, the other was probably Hugo’s. Hehe… I’m curious on what Hugo might look like. I chuckled again with the image formed in my head.

I turned the knob and excitedly opened the door. My jaw dropped at the scene in front of me. My eyes wide open! I was so shocked that I couldn’t hold a loud gasp.

 

“Hhaaaahhhh!”

They looked at me. Blue’s sinful hands didn’t even budge from Hugo’s curves.

The image of Hugo in my mind quickly vanished. So this is Hugo.. a tall girl with creamy shoulder, awesome abs and delicious looking curves… oh and yeah… did I mention Hugo is pretty?

 

“Hey Jessica… what brought you here?” Tiffany asked me with her expressionless tone. She then removed her hands from Hugo.

I noticed Hugo alternately looking at me and Blue. Then she smiled and approached me. Still shirtless. She really has a nice body. I wonder what would a shirtless Blue look like?.. Aahhhh…. Hihi.

I snapped back to reality when a hand waved at my face.

“Hello Jessica! I’m Yuri… Tiffany’s friend and team mate.”

She looks warm and friendly.

 

“And about what you saw? Its nothing. Don’t take it seriously. Tiffany and I are not in that kind of relationship. Haha.”

“Also… she just demonstrate what she did to you. Forgive my friend, Jessica. She’s an idiot.. but she’s a nice person. And honestly, it may sound weird, but there was really no malice for her when she did that craziness to you. My God! Stefan doesn’t even have an ounce of lust in her body. She can’t even spell the word romance.”

 

Yuri pulled me towards Blue then she wrapped her arms around Blue’s shoulder. Man!... they’re so close to each other! Can’t this Blue pull away from Hugo?

 

“Look Jessica… this right here is not ert like you think. She’s just dumb, okay? So please accept her offer of friendship.”

Yuri finally pulls away from Blue and started to put her shirt on. After putting her shirt on, she grabbed her bag and walk towards the door.

“And Jessica… one more thing. As I said, Tiffany and I are friends… just friends. So… don’t get jealous, okay?” Yuri winked at me and gave Blue a devilish grin before coming out of the room.

 

“Hhuuugghhhhh” I let out a sigh of relief. Wait?... Relief?! Am I relieved because Blue’s not really a ert but a super dense, lust less person or is it because she has no “something something” with Yuri? It’s the former… not the latter… definitely the former.

 

“So Jessica… what brought you here?” Blue repeated her question.

I crossed my arms on my chest. With what I witnessed, my doubts about her ual preference came back again. Yuri’s explanation didn’t help much.

 

“I just want to say sorry. I felt violated with what you’ve done but… I.. I’ve gone too far…” I lowered my gaze. My eyes were looking at Blue’s blue sneakers.

“I’m really sorry…” I stopped midsentence when I felt her hand on my chin. She slowly pulled my chin up that made our eyes meet.

“Its okay Jessica… its always okay…I’m sorry too. I violated you. I didn’t realize it. I’m so sorry.” Blue smiled warmly showing her perfect set of pearly white teeth. Her hand still on my chin.

 

With her gesture… I smiled warmly.

“So we’re friends?” She asked.

“Uhmm… I don’t know. I think you should convince me more. You know my reason, right?”

“Ah… okay..” she nodded… now expressionless.

 

Arrgghhhh! I don’t know what going on this girl’s mind! I can’t read her! She’s like a complex mathematical problem!

 

“I respect your decision. Hey… Uhm… can I just ask you a favor?” she leaned forward to me.

Alarm buzzer ringing on my head. Why am I nervous? Maybe that’s because she felt offended and wanted to strangle me.

“Jess….?” Blue rose an eyebrow.

“Yes?...”

“A little favor please?.....” she smiled. Aww stop it!

 

“What favor?” I asked nervously. I was nervous that this super dense person might ask an unknowingly erted thing.

“Could you please choose a shirt for me?” She picked up her backpack and pulled out two shirts.. two blue shirts.

“I can’t decide what to wear. Could you help me pick one?” she asked with a “please-please-help-me-pick-a-shirt-to-wear-please-please-please” look on her face.

I sighed.

“Okay.. no problem. Let me see those..” I took the two shirts and studied. My eyes alternate on the shirts and Blue. One is a plain shirt and the other is with a collar… polo shirt. I picked the first one.

“This one. I prefer this one.” I happily stated.

“This one?” She took the shirts from me and return the shirt that I didn’t picked to her backpack.

“Hmm… I was more of choosing this one also. Thank you for completely making up my mind.” She flashed that soul melting smile again. You’re wrong if you think I’m affected.

 

“By the way, where will you use the shirt?” I asked.

 

“Well…. I still have to change my shirt.”

Without warning, she took off her shirt in front of me…. showing her creamy shoulders and sinfully delicious - looking, well - sculpted abs.

 

Ohh la la…..

 

Suddendly, I felt like its my turn to pass out.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

A/N :   update! enjoy. I'll edit the typos (if any) later. hehe.