HELP

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 21         HELP

 

 

“Stephanie Hwang!!!” The voice of a man on his early thirties echoed inside the four corners of the classroom.

“Damn this kid! Sleeping in class again!” Tiffany’s Advanced Mathematics professor mumbled as he came forward to wake up the sleeping varsity player who was sitting at the back row.

Tiffany’s head was resting on her left arm which is on top of the armchair. Her right arm on top of her head.

“Hwang…”

“Ms. Stephanie……” He poked Tiffany’s head.

Tiffany didn’t budge. Her shoulders rose up and down in a rhythmic manner signifying that the girl was in deep slumber. It was past 10 in the morning.

“Aeishh seriously!” The sleepy head’s Advanced Math Professor, Mr. Kwon Sang Woo, was starting to lose his cool. His foot made a tapping sound on the floor and his hands on his hips.

“Hwang…. Hey Hwang” Mr. Kwon poked Tiffany’s head again.

“Hmmmnnnnn….”

Tiffany lift her head, opened her eyes then squinted trying to adjust her eyesight. She looked up to the good looking professor standing infront of her.

“Oh good.. you’re awake n-----“

But before Mr. Kwon could finish his sentence, Tiffany’s eyes closed again and resumed on sleeping. The professor was left dumfounded.

“Ahhh!!! Really!!!” Mr. Kwon yelled in frustration. His students didn’t mind him because this scene is like a broken tape that keeps on repeating itself. They were used to it.

“Easy Kwon… just take it easy. Breath. Inhale…..Exhale…” He calmed himself then looked again at the sleeping girl.

“Geez, Yuri… your friend will give me white hair at such a young age.” Yuri’s older brother sighed in frustration.

“You’re a very good athlete but you came to school for education and not sports. If you keep on doing this, you might fail on your subjects and get kicked out of the team as a consequence.” Sang Woo thought to himself then walked back to his desk at the front row.

 

Taeyeon’s P.O.V.

 

“Hey Capt! Have you heard?” I stopped midway of eating my lunch with the spoon hanging in mid air near my mouth when I heard Sooyoung’s voice.

I shifted my eyes to her.

“What?” I asked her as I shoved the spoonful of rice and viand inside my mouth.       

“Stephanie may not be able to play this coming season.”

“Wwwwhhhhaaaaattttttttt???!!!!!!!” I jolted up and shouted on top of my lungs that made all the people inside the school canteen look at me.

I smiled and waved to everyone before I sit.

“What are you talking about?” I whispered to my quite and serious team mate.

“Well… grade problems. She’s slacking again…as always.. but 3rd year is different. Your sister should realize that 3rd year is the start of the major subjects.” I watched her as she mixed the rice with her favorite viand, chicken adobo. (A/N:  Famous Filipino viand/food hehe. Author loves adobo too. ^_^)

“If she fails 50% of her total units….. scholarship out and team out.” She added.

Losing the scholarship is okay since we could afford the tuition and other school fees. But the problem is being “deactivated” from the team. I may always bully my younger sister but God knows how much I care for her. Hearing this news from Sooyoung really made me worried.

Cheeseball may be a slacker and clueless… but she loves soccer.

“Awww you punk!!! How dare you worry your Unnie?!” I could only curse my sister in my mind. *sigh*

“Good for you, you don’t have problems with your grades. You should help you sister.”

“No… not really. Someone’s helping me. And she was very helpful.” My eyes sparked evilly.

 

She was indeed helpful…   ^_^

 

“Hey! Stop that!!”Sunny shouted while trying to retrieve her Naruto plush toy from my hand.

“No! I won’t! Not until you finished answering my home work!”She kept on jumping to reach my hand which was suspended up in the air.

“You’re so mean!!! And what are you doing here at our house?!

“Duh! Your parents wanted me to come here.” I grinned at her.

“Answer that if you still want to see Naruto alive and unharmed.”I taunted the furious girl.

“Just go home!”

“No! Answer my home work first!”I jumped on her bed and lay comfortably.

She stared at me in disbelief.

“Mmmmmooooooommmmmm!!!! Daaaaddddddddd!!!”She started to whine and call for her parents. I found it cute though. After a few moments, the amusement that I felt turned into guilt when I saw tears forming on Sunny’s eyes.

Oh crap! You bad bad Taeyeon… what have you done?

I jolted out of the bed and approached her.

“Here…. I’m sorry. Don’t cry…”I handed her the Naruto plush toy.

Shheeesssshhh….

“I will take my leave now. I’m sorry.”I picked up my back at the foot of her bed and headed for the door.

“Wait…”I felt her hand on my wrist.

“Hmmmm?...”

“Our courses are different… how could I help you…”She was looking at the floor.

“Well… I brought the book for that subject.”

“You should be thankful that I like you.”She wisphered.

“Huh?”I asked her.

“Ahh… Nothing!”I swear I heard something.

 

“Taeyeon…” I snapped out of reminiscing.

“I need to be get going now. I have an appointment with doctor Eunjung. Damn this injury.” Sooyoung stood up and left.

 

*******************************************************

 

I was on the way for my next class when I saw my cheese ball sister. As usual, she’s expressionless and her eyes were half closed.

I run up to her and grabbed her at her nape. She was surprised.

“Unnie!? Why?”  

“You’re asking me why?” I hissed at her, my hand gripping my poor sister’s nape.

“………….” She looked nervous.

“Please tell me the reason before you beat me up.”

My expression softened. Arrrgghhh!!! What will I do with this punk!

I let go of her and hold her shoulders.

“Stephanie…..” I rarely call her by her name.

Her eyebrows furrowed. She’s probably not expecting me to call her by her name. Well… I can’t blame her.

“Tell me… could you accept the fact that you won’t be able to play in this coming season?” I asked her a serious question.

Silence.

“Then quit slacking and be serious with your studies.” I nudged her shoulder when I walked pass her. I walked away without looking back.

As for me… I could answer my home works by myself. I just want to annoy Sunny when Cheese Ball and I sleep over at their house. Don’t ask me why because I don’t know either.

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

On my way to the study area, I saw the Hwang sisters. Taeyeon Unnie was holding Blue by the nape. I got worried. Are they fighting?

The sisters were busy in their own world.. they didn’t notice that I managed to come near them.

“Unnie!? Why?”  Blue asked Taeyeon Unnie.

“You’re asking me why?” Why is Unnie angry?

“………….” She looked nervous. What’s going on?

“Please tell me the reason before you beat me up.” I was shocked with Blue’s statement. So… they were really fighting.

Unnie’s expression softened.  *sigh*

 

 “Stephanie…..” I rarely call her by her name.

 “Tell me… could you accept the fact that you won’t be able to play in this coming season?” Whoah wait! Blue won’t be able to play for the upcoming season?! Why?! How come?!

Silence.

My heart started beating fast.

“Then quit slacking and be serious with your studies.” Taeyeon Unnie walked away without looking back.

Ohh my…..

I felt a sharp pain on my chest when I saw Blue’s face. It was gloomy. She looked so confused and devastated.

I wanted to embrace her and tell her soothing words.

And why do you want to do that?

Aaeeiiissshhh!

 

“Tiffany….” I held her arms.

She looked at me and gave a faint smile.

“What’s wrong Babe?” Did I just said Babe again?

“Ohh… its nothing…”

“Come on… I heard Taeyeon Unnie.. Let me help you.” I cupped her cheeks. She looked away trying to hold the tears from falling.

Ouuuccchhhh…. My heart… don’t cry Blue…

 

This time, I saw a different Blue. Not the clueless, super dense, expressionless and brutally frank person. This Blue that I’m seeing is a vulnerable one.

I felt guilty with my actions towards her. She’s soooo dense but she’s really a nice person. Warm and loving. I’m one of the few people that was privileged to see that side of her.

Maybe I was just thinking so many things. Maybe I was just turning her down with no reason. Ahhh…. Jessi.. you have no friends. You got fed up with those girls that wanted to be close to you and be friends with you because of other reasons.

Think about this Jess…you put up a wall around you. But this person made a vow and won’t give up.

Yeah… maybe I was just thinking ahead of myself. If Blue is really gay then she should have took some advances with her frequent sleepovers.

 

Jess… but you’re the one taking advances..Hihih.   ^_^

No I’m not!

You already memorized her whole body… Hihih

I have a small bed so I have to snuggle to her or else I will fall!

Snuggle? How about your adventurous hands? Jessi… you naughty you… hihih.

Aww Shut up little voice!

 

“I think I have to study… but I don’t have books for the other subjects.” She whispered but it was enough for me to hear.

 

“Let’s go!” I grabbed her hand and dragged her.

“Jess.. hold on! Where are we going?”

“To the bookstore. Let’s find and buy books you need.”

“Huh?”

“Aeishh! Just come with me, okay Babe?” Babe again?!!!

 

The students were shooting us shocked expressions. Apparently they heard our conversation. I heard murmurs.

Oh crap! I just gave these people the wrong idea.

 

*************************************************************

We were at the Engineering textbooks section of the bookstore. I excused myself for a while to look for some reviewers.

“Hey.. I’ll just go over there.” I pointed at the direction of reviewers.

Blue just nodded.

I am thinking of buying some textbooks also but since Blue will buy.. I think we should just share.

Like conjugal property.. hihi.

Huh?   O.O

Aww come on Jess!  

 

I can’t find the reviewer that reviewer that I was looking for so I headed back to Blue. She was holding books at each of her hands.

 

“Oh you’re here.” She smiled at me.

“You find anything?” I asked.

“Yes..I found something interesting.  I think this will be really helpful for the both of us.”

“What is it?! Let me see.” I jumped with excitement.

She was holding two books. She was showing me the bigger one but my attention was on the smaller one.

I read the title of the book.

I felt my face flustered.

Arrggghhh!!! This punk never learn!!!

 

PPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

 

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

 

“Why?! What did I do this time?!” She asked in a surprised voice.

I glared at her.

Guide to Lesbian Love Making    (A/N: This exists… I just don’t remember the exact title though. I saw it at the bookstore few years ago.)

ert!!!

 

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

“Why?! What did I do this time?!” I was surprised by the sudden assault of gangster terminator Jung.

She glared at me.

I looked at the book.

Idiot’s Guide to Advanced Engineering Mathematics.

Ouch… my cheek… T^T    

I really can’t understand her.   *sighs*

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll edit the typos later.