HIBISCUS

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 98   HIBISCUS

 

 

 

Jessica’s P.O.V

 

 

“Jessi…………..”

 

 

“Jessi……………”

 

 

A soft husky voice echoed in the air as if it glided with the wind. There was a gentle caress on my cheek. A touch so soft as if avoiding to hurt me.

                         

 

The touch…. It was so familiar. It is the same feeling whenever Tiffany’s skin made contact with mine.

 

 

Tiffany….. pile of speakers….. Tiffany…. Under those speakers. My heart raced. Tiffany is under those speakers!

 

 

Tiffany’s smiling face….. I saw Tiff’s smiling face that was staring lovingly at me.

 

 

“Tiffany………..” I whispered her name as my tears escaped from my eyes.

 

 

“Jessica! Wake up!” A yell rang into my ears and my world shook as if the whole planet is breaking apart. My eyes instantly opened wide.

 

 

“Finally… you’re awake. Its about time.” I blinked a couple of times to the person standing beside my bed. Her hands placed on her hips.

 

 

“Sunny Unnie?….” My voice came out hoarsely when I recognized the person. She clicked her tongue and took a seat on the bed.

 

 

“You were crying in your sleep? Were you dreaming?” She asked. I nodded.

 

 

“Are you feeling better now?” My unnie asked. I could feel the sincerity in her worried voice. I nodded and smiled weakly at her. She smiled back at me sweetly… which rarely happens.

 

 

Are we…. having a rare Jung peaceful and sincere sibling moment?.. Unnie and I? Well… eventhough I find this situation sudden and weird.. I’m still thankful.

 

 

“We brought you home… if you’re wondering how you got here. I’m glad you’re awake.” She said.

 

 

There was a comfortable silence between us as we stared at each other with smile on our faces.

 

 

Then I remembered Tiffany…..

 

 

“Unnie! Tiffany! Where is Tiffany?! What happened to her?!... Unnie.. please tell me…” I asked my older sister. I had a strong grip on her arm as I pleaded.

 

 

“She’s Still in the hospital.. but----“

 

 

“Unni! What happened to Tiffany!” I shook my sister. My tears flowed lie waterfalls and I found it hard to breath.

 

 

The door swung open and it revealed a person standing carrying plastic bags. The person looked surprised then smiled warmly at me.

 

 

And that person is Tiffany. Well and Unscathed.

 

 

“Ti..ffa..ny?..........” I was both surprised and unsure. Her name rolled out my tongue in a soft whisper.

 

 

“Oh… Jessi.. you’re awake…” She put down the bags and dashed towards me. My arms opened wide in an instance. I trapped her body within my tight embrace.

 

 

“I’ll leave the two of you in private.” I heard mu Unnie said.

 

 

My silent cries became wailing as soon our bodies made contact. She rubbed circles on my back and my hair.

 

 

“Its okay Baby… I’m here…. I’m here… I love you.” She told me over and over again while showering me with light kisses.

 

 

“Why were you at the hospital?” I asked her.

 

 

“My team mate got stung by a bee after our game this morning. She had an allergic reaction. It was an emergency but she’s stable now.” She explained.

 

 

This morning? But I remembered the game was late afternoon.

 

 

“Jessi?” She asked quizzically. She broke the hug and pulled me away slightly so she could see me face to face. Her hands are on my shoulders.

 

 

“Jessi… you’ve been asleep since yesterday…. during the match…. You’ve been asleep for more than 24 hours already.” She informed.

 

 

My forehead creased and I looked at her with questioning eyes.

 

 

“And I thought I’m the sleepy head.” She chuckled. I frowned and pouted. I was about to nag her when she suddenly pulled me and embraced again.

 

 

“I’m sorry for making you worry……” She whispered.

 

 

“I made you worry too…. I’m sorry.” I said in between sniff and sobs.     

 

 

“So… this means you could join dinner.”

 

 

“Yeah…….. definitely…”

 

 

“………………………………..”

 

 

“………………………………….”

 

 

“I love you Jessi….”

 

 

“I love you too…. And.. thank you for the hibiscus.”

 

 

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

 

“What exactly happened?” Jessi asked me. She already stopped crying but still sniffing. We’re both on bed… bodies entangled.  We had our dinner.

 

 

“I couldn’t say….” I told her while her hair.

 

 

“Huh?”

 

“Well…. I don’t know what exactly happened either. I ran towards my friends on instinct, next thing I know, its dark and I couldn’t move.” I said as I recalled the incident.

 

 

Jessi moved slightly on top of me. Worry was written all over her beautiful face.

 

 

“I could hear people calling my name….” I added.

 

 

“So…. You were really under those speakers?” She looks like she would cry again. I pecked her lips to help ease the worry.

 

 

“Yeah….. lucky me… two of the braces of the flatform that was holding those speakers fell just on top of me and it supported the speakers so I wouldn’t be squished.”

 

 

I would call it strange coincidence actually.

 

 

“I was face down on the ground. I could hear Taeyeon Unnie calling me.. I know I scared her to death.” I stared at the ceiling.

 

 

“You should seen the look in her face when I stood up after I got out from the pile of speakers. Then she pulled me… hugged me tight…. And cried… it was heartbreaking…. I feel like I disappointed her again.” My tears threatened to fall.

 

 

“Oh… Tiff.” Jessi embraced me and planted small kisses on my face.

 

 

“And when I found out that you…. you fainted… I…” I couldn’t continue. I began to breath hard. The tears that were threatening to fall a while ago now streamed from my eyes. I began to sob heavily as I wrapped my arms tighter on Jessi’s body.

 

 

I feel so guilty because I made Taeyeon unnie and Jessi so worried. I feel guilty because I’m the reason why Jessi fainted and fell into a mini coma. I feel guilty because Jessi’s parents got worried of Jessi. Its all because of me.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” I struggled to say in between heavy sobs.

 

 

“Its okay Baby… its okay….” She whispered. Both of us are now in tears.

 

 

I stared at the transparent container that was placed on top of Jessi’s bed side table. Inside it are about to dry out  flower petals… of Hibiscus.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:  Just a short update.