MEET THE JUNGS

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 17     MEET THE JUNGS

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

“Honey… you’re not answering my question……”

My dad’s voice woke me from the trance. I turned to my dad and got surprised to see his hands holding tightly Pretty Boy Blue’s shoulder.

“Dad! What are you doing?” I felt anger rising on my chest.

“Stop it! You’re scaring her. It’s okay…. You can open your eyes now.” I cupped her cheeks and stared at her expressionless face.

Wow… she looked like a scared kitten few seconds ago. Now, she’s expressionless again. That’s what you call talent.

“You okay babe?” Huh?! Babe? Where did that come from?!

 

“Yes dad, she’s with me. Wait! Uhmm… she’s with me but not with me. Sheesshh! How do I explain this?!” I emphasized on the second “with” and with the addition of hand gestures. I hope I got the message across. And no, I’m not being defensive… I’m just explaining, okay?

 

“You…………” Dad acted as if he’s on a conspiracy theory like move again. (eyes roll)

 

“Yes, sir?” Whoah! Where did Blue’s fear go?

“Dad….” I have to stop my dad before he shreds Blue into bite size pieces.

 

 Dad stared at Blue intently, eyes squinted. He looked like he would bite Blue’s head off any moment. He held Blue by the shoulders again and inhaled a lungful of air.

I closed my eyes from anticipation…

 

…………………………………………………………………

 

…………………………………………………………………..

 

“Welcome to our house!!!” he screamed with so much enthusiasm.

What the?!

 

I opened my eyes and got dumbfounded witnessing my dad hugging Blue like there’s no tomorrow.

Huh? What just happened?   O.o

 

“I’m so glad you came home with my Jessica! Hahaha! I’m so happy!!!” He said while still hugging and swaying her from side to side.

Dad, are you on drugs?!

I came home with a schoolmate… not a boyfriend!... or girlfriend at this case.

 

Girlfriend….. I brought home a girlfriend… Hihi.

Wake up Jessica!

 

“This is the first time she brought someone to our house. Hahaha!”  Why is he so happy?

 

“Come, come inside.” He broke the embrace and dragged Blue into the gate. Blue looked at me with a “your-dad-is-a-psycho-please-take-me-away-from-him-I-wanna-go-home-huhu” look on her face.

 

“Honey, what are you waiting for? Come inside. Tell me about your Stephanie!”

“Dad!”  Aeeiiisshhh! I told him not to sniff his sweaty shoes!

And she’s not my Stephanie!!!

……not yet……. Ahh hihi….

 

Whoah! Jessica!

FOCUS! Clear those cobwebs!

 

Sheesshhh! I better get my head checked. I think this is a late reaction on my head with Blue. I’m imagining things…

 

“Ah… sir..?” It was Blue

 “Awww come on,  Blue! Drop the formalities.” Hmm….he’s telling Blue to drop the formalities… wait?! Blue?! Did he just called Tiffany Blue?!

No way! I haven’t told him about my endearment… I mean nickname for Pretty boy. How on earth did he found out?

 

Ohh…I know…because Blue is wearing a blue shirt…. *sighs*

 

“Why do you act as if you know me so well?” expressionless and brutally frank… lovely combination. Oh and yeah… super dense. I can’t believe someone like her exists.

Blue looked back at me.

 

“Come on kiddo! You and Jess are close to each other. I felt like I already know you for so long. I was really looking forward to see you in person.”

 

Dad… I’ve only known her one week. Duh!        O_o

 

 “Jessica told you something about me, sir?”

”I said stop with the formalities okay? And since you’re close with my unsociable daughter, you can call me dad. Hahaha!” 

 

Daaaaaaaaadddddddddddd!!!!!!      T^T

“To answer your question, no, she doesn’t tell me anything about you….” Cliffhanger… nice one dad. What are you then? A mindreader?... psshhh!

 

“Every night……she keeps on saying your name while she’s sleeping.”

 

*BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM*

 

I want to evaporate right now.       T^T

 

I face palmed. I’m sure I’m blushing madly. Wait…. Why am I blushing?

“Really, dad?” My eyes instantly grew wide open when I heard what Blue said.

 

Dad? She really called my dad… dad?!    OoO

How dare her!

She called him dad……. Dad….. dad….

Hihih…..

“Honey, stop grinning like an idiot. Let’s go inside the house so we could have dinner already.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hmmm… this really taste good… uhhmmm hummm….” Blue said while chewing the food.

“Can I still have rice?” Whoah Blue! You already had 3 cups of rice! My goodness! I have to earn a lot just to be able to feed you!

Geez! Why am I worrying about how to feed you?                    

I looked at my dad. He’s in awe… uhmm… more of amazed.

“Here. You eat a lot huh? Just like your pretty… eherm…I mean… arrogant sister.” Sunny Unnie said while handing Blue the plate with rice.

“Thank you. Sunny Unnie… do you wish Taeyeon unnie was with me?” Agghhhh Blue!!! Do you want to start World War 3?

“Your dad is very happy that I came here with Jessica. I think he would be so much more if Taeyeon Unnie came here with me to see you.”

 

Blue!!! You !!! Shut up now!!! Sunny Unnie please don’t kill me. T^T

“Taeyeon? You mean Hwang Taeyeon? She’s your sister?” Now mom darted in. Huhu.

 

“That’s great! Bring your sister here with you next time you visit, okay. Sunny always talks about your sister.”

“Mooommmmm!” Sunny Unnie looked so uneasy. So cute. Hihi.

“Aeiisshh Sunny! You even mention her name in your dreams.” Sunny Unnie gave me a “be-sure-your-door-is-locked-because-I-will-kill-you” look.

Unnie…. Huhu  T^T

 

I tried to throw away the unpleasant thoughts…. My mom’s statement echoed in my head. That’s a good idea…. 

 

Mom…..

Dad…..

Sunny Unnie…

Me……..

Blue……

Plus Taeyeon Unnie……

In one dining table…. Ahhh…..

Blue’s parents should come too…. Hihih….

 

“Stephanie?” dad called Blue’s attention.

“Yes, dad?” Could you please stop calling him dad?

Jessica is unsociable and loner just like her sister. I’m glad that Sunny has your sister…..” Unnie glared at dad.

“…….. and Jessica has you as her friend.”

“No, dad…. she hasn’t accepted me as her girlfriend yet.” Still chewing food… expressionless.

 

“………………………………………………..”

 

“…………………………………………………”

 

“…………………………………………………..”

 

Long awkward silence……………………

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n:   Drinking sterilized milk with lot of ice.