SHOCK

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 80  SHOCK

 

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

 

“It’s time.” Hugo’s serious voice tore me away from falling to a slumber as I sat on a bench near our locker room with my arms across my chest and my head slightly tilted to the right.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted as I adjusted my eyesight to the blinding light of the sun. I stretched my arms upward then yawned.

 

“Stephanie…” Hugo called me by my real name. I narrowed my eyes on her with no expression on my face.

 

“Time to?.....” I asked while tilting my head to the left.

 

Silence.

 

Meeting…… okay…..

 

I gave her a lopsided smile and stood up lazily. “Yes……. It is….” I said sternly with my eyebrows forming a single line.

 

“Time to dance with the enemy….” I whispered and lead the way to the conference room of student affairs building.

 

“Where is Bogart?” I asked Hugo without looking back at her. She jogged to keep pace with me before answering my question.

“She’s already there.” She stated.

 

“So…. What do you think?” She asked.

 

I let out a short sigh and sarcastic smile before answering. “ I don’t want to think about it.”

 

“And why don’t you?” She kept on digging.

 

“Do you want to think about people planning to dispose you to get rid of you because you’re being an obstacle to the fulfillment of their plans?” I answered Hugo with a serious and monotonous tone without glancing at her.

 

I felt her stopping on her tracks and it made me stop also. I slowly faced her.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

I was about to answer when my phone vibrated. I pulled the gadget out of my jacket’s pocket and read the message.

 

Jessi…….

 

From : JessiNator

Be careful Babe. I love you.

 

A loving smile formed in my lips and reached my eyes. People say that I have a very captivating eyesmile. And only few privileged people were blessed to see it.

 

And my beloved future wife was the super blessed one… or she’ll beat me up if she didn’t see my eyesmile. *sigh*

 

I was about to text her back when Hugo tapped my back…. hard. I instantly turned my attention to her with my eyes squinting.

 

“Hurry up.” She said before jogging inside the student affairs building. I slipped the phone back on my pocket and walked calmly.

 

 

“What is the reason behind this meeting, Rachel?” Our captain asked the team manager.

 

Our team manager, Rachel, sighed and stood up from her seat. She paced back and forth for about  10 times.

 

“Rachel, We are waiting. I.AM.WAITING.” Captain said.

 

“Juhyun…..” Rachel halted and called our captain in an unsure tone. Captain Juhyun lifted her left brow waiting for Rachel’s response.

 

“I have…… I have news for you.”

 

Murmurs filled the conference room.

 

“What is it? Additions? Disposals? Changes?”

 

“All……….” Rachel answered.

 

“What the--------“

 

“Juhyun…. All of you guys… I’m…. I’ll be leaving the team.” Rachel answered with teary eyes.

 

Gasps and voices of disappointment and disagreement filled the room. Captain stiffened on her seat then sighed afterwards.

 

“Why?”

 

“This is not right!”

 

“What happened?!”

 

“Stupidity!”

 

My team mates voiced their opinions simultaneously. It feels like I’m on a busy wet market with all the noise.

 

“Why?….” Captain asked.

 

“The school management said that they found someone much better than me that could fulfill all my lapses.” Rachel said with her head hung low.

 

“Lapses? What the ?!” Hugo blurted and Bogart shook her head in annoyance.

 

“Is that what they say?” Captain

 

Rachel nodded.

 

 

Rachel had been the team manager of the women’s football team even before I joined. Yes, she’s a little clumsy and childlike, also forget some details… but at the end of the day she gets the job done. She’s also nice, caring and protective. She’s like a mother figure to us and we love her for who she is.

 

I shook my head in annoyance. This is absurd.

 

“When?....” Captain calmly asked. It’s a puzzle to me how could she be so calm in this kind of situation. If it was me… I could have beaten up all the people inside this room.

 

“Tomorrow….”

 

Protests and whines now filled the room.

 

“Rachel…….” Captain called our now crying team manager.

 

“………………….”

 

“This have something to do with me being shot last year?”

 

Rachel’s eyes along with my team mates’ eyes widened in shock because of Captain’s straightforward demeanor. All eyes were on Captain.

 

“Seo Juhyun!” Rachel answered in shock. Captain sighed once again and placed her arms above the table and rested her chin on her arms.

 

“Am I right?” Captain smirked.

 

Rachel frantically shook her head while waving her hands. Aish… this will be a long discussion. *sigh*

 

With all of the ruckus, I remembered Jessi who surely awaits for me at the study area. I texted her to inform her about the situation.

 

To : JessiNator

I will be a little late. We will have a club meeting. It’s up to you if you’ll wait.

 

My phone vibrated after a while.

 

From : JessiNator

I’ll go if I got tired waiting for you.

 

Good……. Athough I want to take her to home.

 

The meeting continued with all the blabbering, protests and whines of the team. Captain and I remained silent within the ordeal.

 

Yes… I think this has a connection with Captain getting shot last year infront of the school gate after our training.

 

I don’t want to sound paranoid but I think this has something to do with the betting of rich and influential people. Our team is a dynasty and it must have ticked someone who lost a huge amount of money because of losing. It happened before… men’s volleyball team… the ace player was shot right outside the gymnasium where the championship game was held.

 

From celebration to chaos.

 

“That would be all. You’re all dismissed.” Captain’s stern voice snapped me out of my train of thoughts. I stood up and left the room without looking back and waiting for my friends. Their busy with whining about Rachel anyway.

 

I headed for our locker room because I remembered I left my USB on my locker. When I was about to turn the knob, I heard a voice……… female’s.

 

It’s not my thing to eavesdrop but I don’t know what came to me. I listened to the voice.

 

“Yes….. Rachel is leaving…. Yes… yes mam… tomorrow… yes mam… we’ll get rid of them… it’s finally laid… yes…. Yes…..”

 

Who is she talking to?

 

And who is this woman?

“You don’t want them to be shot like what you did to Juhyun last year? Haha…. Yes….”

 

“I’m here at their locker….. yes… yes…. Kwon Yuri, Kim Hyoyeon and Stephanie Hwang…. Yes …. And its Hwang first….. I’ll meet you at the openfield.”

 

My eyes widened because of what I heard. I jumped and hid behind the wall when I heard footsteps coming towards the door.

 

Damn you! Who are you?!

 

I stealthy followed the stranger all the way to the openfield. I’m dying to see who she will be meeting and most likely to be the culprit of this mess.

 

I reached the openfield… and what I saw made my blood boil.

 

This is crazy……

 

The one that wants to destroy the team….

 

The one that almost killed Captain Juhyun….

 

Is no other than our Coach…. Lee Yo Won.

 

 

I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth.

 

What would I do?......

 

Jessica…………

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________