KICK AND SHOUT

Convince Me Not

CHAPTER 111   KICK AND SHOUT

 

 

 

Two girls immediately run towards Tiffany and the other player who collided into her. They were Yuri and another one from the other team. The girl from the other team asked both Tiffany and her team mate if they were alright. She helped her team mate to get up.

 

Tiffany flipped on her side and now lying on her back. Tiffany sat but her eyes were still closed.

 

The two girls from the opposing team patted Tiffany’s shoulder, the other one said sorry. The two ran back to the ongoing game after Yuri gave them a thumbs up.

 

“Are you alright? Are you hurt?” Yuri asked Tiffany. The question was answered with a grunt. Tiffany slowly stood up.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“Really? Coz you dont look like.”

 

“Yeah.” Tiffany assured.

 

Yuri stared at the very tied looking Tiffany who was also staring back at her. Tiffany was catching her breath and already breathing through .

 

Yuri was also catching her breath but she knew her friend was struggling even more. She knew Tiffany’s severe exhaustion.

 

“Its only less than two minutes before the half time break. We will take the action away from you so dont have to move with that span of time. Just hang in there and we will figure this out during the beak.” Yuri patted Tiffany’s head and ran to where the action was.

 

“Thank you...... Yuri.” Tiffany whispered.

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

                                                         

 

“There is something wrong here... I couldnt put my finger in it.” I said to no one in particular. There’s this uneasiness that I could feel.

 

“That’s because you could only put those fingers in Tiffany.” My sister deadpanned. I looked at her.

 

“Wha---- hmp!” I pouted and turned my attention back to the game.

 

“You put your fingers in Tiffany Unnie? What does that mean?”

 

“Eeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!” I shrieked with the sudden question of a stranger who seemed to magically popped out from nowhere.

 

“Ugh! Seriously? Does she have to scream?”

 

“We cant rant at her or we would suffer Stephanie Hwang’s wrath.”

 

“Hwang probably has super human ears that could shut down all noises to be able to endure that.”

 

“Yeah.....”

 

“Most probably.....”

 

 

Ugh! These creatures.

 

I shot each and every one of them with Category 10 Death Glare and they all cowered in fear. I felt a light tap on shoulder and I came face to face with a doe eyed creature.

 

“What does that mean, Jessica Unnie?” The creature asked me expentantly.

 

Hm? She knows me?  O.o

 

“And who are you?” I asked.

 

“I’m Tiffany Unnie’s fan. I’m Im Yoona.” She beamed at me.

 

Huh? Fan? Cute kid. Wha---- wait....... Im Yoona?..... I’ve heard that name before. Yeah....... Tiff mentioned her before......

 

O____O

 

“No unnie. I dont have a crush or whatsoever on Tiffany Unnie.” The creature, I mean, Yoona said.

 

“Huh?” How did she knew what I was thinking? O_o

 

“You were glaring at me like you want to shred me into pieces.” Yoona answered in a matter of fact tone.

 

“Unnie, you havent answered my question.” Pesky Yoona asked me again and this time she looked like a very curious kindergarten.

 

Grrrr! Why this brat!!!

 

“Its non of your business, kid.” I deadpanned.

 

“You sure are grumpy. Okay.... I wont push the issue anymore” Yoona said and turned her attention to the game.

 

“The kid is smart. I like her.” My sister who was seated on my other side told me. My sister surely knew how to appreciate those who challenge my mental state. 

 

“Hey kid.” Sunny Unnie called Yoona.

 

“Unnie, I’m not a kid anymore.” Yonna whined.

 

“I’m calling you kid because you are obviously younger than me.. and you are not allowed to call me auntie or old lady or whatsoever okay?” Sunny unnie threatened with narrowed eyes and scary evil smirk. Yoona shivered. Hehe.

 

“Stop it sweetie. You are scaring her.” Taeyeon Unnie gently ‘scolded’ my sister.Ohhhh.... whipped. Hehe.

 

 

But yeah....... I could sense something wrong.

 

Wait...... why is she running slow...

 

Huh........

 

She looks so tired...

 

She is tired!

 

“Baby! Hang in there!” I yelled on the top of my lungs.

 

 

 

“Ughhhh........... my ears.....”

 

“I’m deaf..........”

 

“My ears are ringing.............”

 

Huh? O.o

 

I looked around me and everyone of them are holding their ears.

 

 

“Don’t they serve beer here? How lame.” Eunjung Unnie.

 

“Tiffany is tired.” Sooyoung Unnie said while scribbling on her notebook.

 

 

Eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!!! Why are they popping out of nowhere?!

 

“Ugh..... I want beer. I want beeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr...” Eunjung Unnie whined like a melting candle, trapped in her weird world.”

 

“No beer... no barbecues..... why oh why?....” And she’s still at it.

 

“Juhyun Unnie looks very determined to win.” Sooyoung Unnie wrote on her notes again then stared at Juhyun Unnie down on the field. Sooyoung Unnie’s face was tomato red and smiling weirdly.

 

I ignore Eunjung Unnie and Sooyoung Unnie and continued on my rant.

 

 

“Tiff! Look at her! She is so tired!” I pointed out frantically. That Yoona brat is pulling me down to my seat. She told me to calm down.

 

How could I calm down when I could see my Baby in a pitiful state? TT_TT

 

“Ofcourse she is. And there’s no one to blame other than.........” Taeyeon unnie paused.

 

Huh?  O_o

 

I stopped wiggling where I stood when I heard Taeyeon Unnie’s speech. I looked down to the seats and found my Unnies staring at me with accusing eyes. Their eyes were burning.

 

“Wha------“ I closed and opened my mouth trying to find the words to defend myself but I couldnt find any. I am guilty of the crime. Can you blame me?

 

I sat on my seat in silence. Totally defeated.  TT_TT

 

 

 

 

“Tiffany!!!”

 

“Oh..... Steph..”

 

“Tiffany Unnie!”

 

“Cheeseball.... atleast the impact of the collision is not that bad..”

 

 

A player from the opposing team collided with Tiff. I felt like I’m going to faint.

 

“Stop with the dramatics, Jessica. She’s not hurt.” Taeyeon Unnie told me in her expressionless tone. I was thrown back to silence again.

 

 

 

 

 

Normal POV

 

 

Half time break. Hyoyeon and Yuri escorted Tiffany to the dug out where Tiffany could get a proper rest. The three muskeeters are tired but Tiffany got the most of the share.

 

“Hey guys.........”

 

“Dont talk. Reserve your strength.” Yuri.

 

“But.........”

 

“We know that you couldnt last for the other half at your fullest  but atleast you could be in the game and just move slowly. We will stir the ball away from you.” Hyoyeon.

 

Tiffany stared at Hyoyeon with scrunched brow.

 

“I know its insulting... but... thats the only way you could survive the entire remaining half.” The three musketeers looked at the source of the voice. It was Captain Juhyun along with Vice Captain Shin.

 

Tiffany nodded and closed her eyes to rest. She’s mad because she felt constraint, helpless and useless. She couldn’t help her team with her condition but nonetheless she would have to comply.

 

“We will all tire out without our substitute.... with all these heat and game intensity. But we are trained for these kinds of situation where our backs hit the wall and nowhere to go to. We could survive this.” Shin gave her piece of mind.

 

“Hwang.... tell your girlfriend ‘no banging’ 48 hours before a game. And Kwon..... stop Kim!” Comes Captain’s powerful speech.

 

 

 

Tiffany’s eyes were shot wide open, Yuri momentarily stopped trying to kiss Hyoyeon, Shin coughed. There was an awkward silence.

 

 

*insert sound of wind blowing in the desert*

 

 

Then the door suddenly opened. The five’s eyes shifted to the door.

 

 

“Whoah.... you guys look miserable. You look like you guys badly need substitutes....” The person said a wide mischievous grin. The person has other four people standing behind.

 

 

“Baek! You son of a !” Yuri yelled and stood up. She sprinted towards the person and held the person’s collar.

 

“I’m so damned glad to see you!” Yuri hugged Baek tightly. Baek started to gasp for air and wriggle her way out of Yuri’s anaconda hug.

 

“Stop it Kwon.... you’re gonna kill your teammate.” Juhyun scolded with a stern serious voice. She stood up and walked towards Baek and the other four.

 

“Come on. We have a championship game to win.”

 

All of them smiled.

 

“Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” All of them, well that excludes Tiffany and Juhyun, shouted.

 

 

“Umm....... how did you guys escaped?” Yuri ruined the moment.

 

“Ah..... the vehicle had a flat tire. The guy who kidnapped us tried to changed the tires but he was having a hard time. We offered help but he insisted on changing the tires himself. Then we thought he finally gave up because he sat on the damaged tire which he managed to remove. I ended up finishing the task for him and next thing we knew, the guy was having an asthma attack.”

 

“I drove the vehicle and we took him to a hospital. Then we drove back here.” Baek finished her story.

 

O_O

 

“That’s..... that’s....... what is that?” Hyoyeon couldn’t complete her sentence.

 

Yuri burst out laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

The game resumed. Tiffany had a lot of time to regain her strength because of having a substitute. Hyoyeon, Yuri, Shin and Juhyun also managed to rest thanks to their substitutes.

 

Their opponent surely is strong and they have a strong sense of respect with this team because this team plays fair and has a respectful captain like Captain Juhyun.

 

Last one minute of the match. The score is 2-2. The ball belongs to the opponent and is now fast approaching the goal which Shin guards.

 

Hyoyeon is infront of Shin for the first defence of the goal. The striker from the opposing team kicked the ball towards the goal. Hyoyeon was tackled by an opponent and caused the ball to pass Hyoyeon’s guard.

 

The ball is fast approaching the opposite side of the goal where Shin stood. With fire and strong determination to guard her turf, Shin took a wide step then jumped with all her might and stretched her arms and hands in the most span as possible.

 

Pakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

The ball hit Shin’s hands. Shin hurriedly stood up and held the ball with her shaking hands because of the impact. She quickly kicked the ball to the other side the field.  Juhyun caught the ball and ran towards the goal while looking for someone close to the goal.

 

Hyoyeon and Yuri sensed  their captain’s plan and tackled two opponents to give way to the ball.

 

Juhyun found an open spot and kicked the ball to her team mate. Tiffany jumped and caught the ball with her foot in the air and spun to the direction of the goal on the corner opposite to the goal keeper.

 

 

It happened so fast.

 

Tiffany stood after falling flat on the ground with her flying catch-kick combo.

 

 

“GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!” The referee yelled. And short after, the buzzer signalling the end of the match ringed at the whole stadium.

 

2-3 in favour of Juhyun’s team.

 

The fans went wild and it was too noisy because of all the cheering. Tiffany was tackled by Hyoyeon and Yuri. The three musketeers fell in the ground. The other members followed. Next thing the three knew, they were under the dog pile of the champion team.

 

 

 

“Sweetie...... your sister sure is cool.” Sunny

 

“Cheeseball..... congratulations.. again... huh.. whatever. They’re always champion so whats new?”

 

“Juhyun Unnie.......*insert twinkling eyes and red face*” Sooyoung.

 

“Yeah! I’m looking forward for barrels of beer and tons of barbecues! Bwahahaha!” Doc Eunjung.

 

“Yay! Unnies are amazing!” Yoona.

 

“Why am I in this dog pile?” Juhyun.

 

“Ohh.... melons.... so soft *squeeze squeeze* hehe.” Yuri.

 

“Yuri!!! Get your hands away from my ies!!!” Hyoyeon.

 

“Why..... is....... Bogart’s...... ..... on.... my..... face?......Unnie..... help....” Tiffany.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________