THE FIRST STRIKE

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 97  THE FIRST STRIKE

 

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

 

I opened my sleepy eyes and the crown of Jessi’s head was the first thing that greeted my eyes. I leaned closer and sniffed her hair while running my fingers on her silky brown locks. Her face was buried in my chest.

 

She stirred and rubbed her face on my chest. Her embrace became tighter as she pulled my body much closer to her own body.

 

I could feel the heat emitting from her body. This made me secured and contented.

 

“Mmmm….. Tiff….” She mumbled.

 

Ahh…. Cute….

 

“I love you……… Jessi…” I whispered to her and kissed her forehead.

 

I blinked for a couple of times as I stared at the ceiling. I’m still sleepy but I couldn’t sleep anymore. Sleep already escaped me.  Maybe its time to get up.

 

I looked at the alarm clock at my bedside table. My eyebrows formed a single line when I saw what was registered on the digital alarm clock.

 

4:30 AM

 

Weird. I don’t wake up on my own at this time of the day. I don’t and I can’t… unless there’s a help from the experts… aka Mom or Taeyeon Unnie or Jessi’s slap or Jessi’s that shoved into my mouth or Jessi’s tongue on my junior.

 

I decided to get out of bed. I have this strong urge to get out of bed and do something for my gorgeous girlfriend.. whom I love so much.

 

I carefully untangled our bodies. She stirred but didn’t wake up. I smiled and pecked her plump lips before crawling out of bed and headed for the bathroom with extra bounce in my steps.

 

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

 

I opened my eyes and got disappointed when I found out that Tiffany wasn’t on bed beside me anymore. I’m now missing Tiffany’s warmth.

 

What time is it? Did she got up early?

 

I rolled on the bed and reached for the digital alarm clock in Tiff’s bedside table. My forehead creased with the time displayed on the gadget.

 

5:30 AM? And Tiff is already awake in this time of the day?!

 

‘What is this? A note?’

 

Good morning to my beloved drama queen! I love you!

Hehehe.. ^_^

 

I smiled and giggled. Tiffany is really a cheeseball…. Wait… did she just called me Drama Queen?! Why that delicious buffet!!!”

 

I jolted up and step out of bed. As my left foot made contact on the tiled floor, I felt something weird made contact on my foot. My eyes that were closed were now opened.

 

‘What in the world?’

 

There was a path of flower petals from under my foot leading to the bathroom. I picked one near my foot and observed it.

 

Gumamela?!

 

I noticed a noticed a sticky note on the floor and I picked it up.

 

Sorry Babe… Our neighbor has run out of roses so instead, I picked gumamela from their garden.

Don’t like it? I promise I’ll buy you beautiful bouquet of flowers later. I love you. *eyesmile*

 

I laughed. She stole flowers from their neighbor again. I stood up and walked towards the bathroom. There was a note on the door.

 

Bathing with you is prohibited today….

Or else I wouldn’t be able to play in the first game…

Knowing how hot blooded you are… Hehe..

And by the way.. delicious breakfast is waiting for you.. and I’m not talking about myself.

I love you! *eyesmile again*

 

 

Ahhhh….. you’re killing me with your sweetness. But… did she just called me ert?!

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s P.O.V.

 

 

“Ready for our first match?” Captain Hwang asked me. She stood by the door. I picked up my varsity bag and started to walk out of the locker room.

 

“Yeah.” I answered flatly.

 

“You seem not excited?” She asked with no expression. My lips tugged in a small smile, my eyes on the other team members that were walking ahead of us.

 

“Do you mind asking that to yourself?” I scoffed. She didn’t answered. There was a comfortable silence between us as we fixed our gazes to the service bus.

 

“Is there something bothering you?” She asked after a while. I inhaled and smiled. Both of us still not looking at each other.

 

“Should I say no?” I responded.

 

“Then you’d be lying.” She replied flatly.

 

“I guess you really know me…...”

 

“I don’t have to guess Sooyoung………”

 

“Better not be lame on our coming match, Captain.” I told her. And now I felt her shifting her head to me.

 

“And why would I be lame?” She asked expressionless but because I know her, I know that she’s getting pissed.

 

“Just kidding Capt. I am just referring to our match later with your girlfriend and her team.” I explained. She stopped on her tracks and her forehead creased.

 

Oh shoot! Did I made her mad?

 

“Lets go straight at the football match after our game.” She said. I felt that something was bothering her. She sounded calm but I know she’s alarmed.

 

 

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

“Y—yes… unnie..”

 

“Tell me what happened.” She asked calmly but her stare was stern.

 

“What is it that you want to know?” I asked back, now in a serious but calm tone.

 

“You know what I mean.” She darted back. Calm but threatening.  I stared at her straight in the eye and we had a staring battle of the serious faced people.

 

“You may be know the details since its pretty cliché. And I’m not saying anything other than… things might get interesting from now on.” I said.

 

“Interesting?” She smirked a little.

 

“Not in a good way.” I added. Her smirk turned into a scoff.. an empty laugh.

 

“Interesting indeed.”

 

 

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

 

“Good luck on your game.” I told her while I fixed the shoulder of her jersey. We are at the hallway just outside the dugout of Tiff’s team.

 

“Thank you. Our opponent is in really deep right now.” She said while grinning.

 

“And why is that?” I asked while snaking my arms on her waist.

 

“Because my girlfriend is here and watching me play. Ofcourse I would be much of a showoff.” She said giddily.  I rolled my eyes and hit her arm.

 

Silence.

 

Hyoyeon, Yuri, their team manager Rachel, along their team mates emerged out of the room. Their coach couldn’t come today because she had an accident as if someone wanted to hurt her… according to her.

 

Well that’s pure bull because she’s the one that who planned to harm my Tiff and the whole team. I know this is one of her tricks.

 

“Jessi……”

 

“Huh?...”

 

I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when Tiffany dragged me inside the room and locked the door.

 

“Hey! Make it fast! We have a game to play!” I heard Yuri’s voice outside and followed by laughs.

 

Yuri! That brat!

 

I didn’t had the chance to curse Yuri because of Tiffany’s lips now pressed and fitted perfectly on my lips. It was soft, plain, but sweet.

 

“I love you….” She told me for the nth time today.

 

 

The match started. I clapped and cheered for Tiffany. Hyoyeon and Yuri were awesome but as biased as I am, Tiffany is the most awesome. She looked cool and dignified. Very attractive and suave.

 

She was stern and expressionless at the match but she smiles whenever she looks at me. Her eyes turned into crescent moons whenever our gaze met.

 

At the midway of the game, something unexpected..(or is it?) happened. The pile of speakers that were placed on a flatform began to wobble. And coincidently (?), Hyoyeon  was near the flatform, rolling on the floor holding her aching shin that was kicked accidentally by an opponent. Yuri immediately ran to Hyoyeon.

 

I began to worry. Hyoyeon and Yuri might be in trouble because of the strong wobbling of the flatform. The three, Hyoyeon, Yuri and the opponent that accidentally kicked Hyoyeon’s shin were far from the others.

 

They sensed the danger. People are screaming as Yuri and the opponent scrambled to help Hyoyeon to get up.

 

Then it happened. The flatform with the speakers tumbled down.

 

“Hyyyyooooyeeeooonnnn!!!! Yuuurrriiii!!!”  I heard Tiffany yelled and then she dashed towards the confused looking Hyoyeon and Yuri. Everything happened so fast.

 

Next thing I know, people are surrounding the area where the sound system fell. It felt like my heart stopped beating. And after a few agonizing seconds, the people crowding the accident site.

 

Hyoyeon was sitting on the ground. Shock written all over her face as she stared at the pile of speakers that were banging loud just a while ago. Yuri and the opponent on the other side of the pile.

 

And Tiff… there was no sign of Tiff… just speakers piled on the spot where I last saw her.

 

I was in daze. My mind couldn’t process what’s happening. I could hear screaming and yelling … a  voice that’s asking me if I’m alright… being enveloped in an embrace.. pitiful and sympathetic.

 

My eyes fixed on the pile of heavy speakers… People frantically removing the spreakers on by one.. Taeyeon Unnie dashing out of nowhere and helped lifting the heavy music equipment.

 

Everything was moving too slow. I couldn’t breath. I couldn’t understand what’s going on, I could hear them but I couldn’t understand them. One thing that made sense in my head right now… those piled speakers…

 

Tiffany’s smiling face flashed in my mind before everything went black.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N :  I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S THE ENGLISH FOR GUMAMELA.