REMEMBERING

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER 105   REMEMBERING

 

 

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

 

“How can you tell if you and the person you love are meant to be?”

 

I looked at Bogart (and snatched 4 pieces pork shrimp siomai on her plate) and gave her a nonchalant, expressionless “what-in-the-name-of-spicy-ramen-are-you-talking-about?” look. We are on a break before our football training starts.

 

She was about to rant with my reaction when she realized that I’m already eating her food. So, she ranted with me stealing her food instead.

 

“What got into you?” I asked her cutting off her ranting. She stared at me with disbelief.

 

“You, asking about nonsense.” I replied flatly while eyeing Hugo’s carbonara. Hugo glared at me and covered her plate.

 

Greedy Scum!

 

“Gart, there is no sense talking about emotional things with an android.” Hugo deadpanned. I fought the urge to snatch the food on her plate.

 

“Stefan, please... have some romance in your system.” Bogart pleaded.

 

“Why? Is it a kind of energy boosting vitamin?” I asked wondering if there really was a vitamin capsule named Romance. Although, I personaly think that it is a lame name for a vitamin.

 

“Stupid Cheese.” Someone said behind me. My older sister.

 

“Unnie....”

 

“Meet me immediately after your training.” She said and walked away. I frowned. Is it difficult fo her to look me straight in the eyes and be nice with me?

 

“What’s her problem?” Hugo asked refering to my sister. I shrugged.

 

“I think it has to do with the Athletics League party tomorrow night.

 

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

 

“Hey Jess.”

 

“Yes Unnie?” I stopped from scribbling my notes and looked at my sister. She tapped by study table.

 

“Are you going somewhere tomorrow night?” She asked like a boss.

 

“Uhhmm....no..------------” She smirked and nodded to herself. My brows furrowed at her.

 

“Then its settled.You’re coming with me in the Atlethics League party tomorrow night.” She said and walked out of my room.

 

“...but I will be studying for the exam.....” I mumbled. She would not even let me finish. Ugh. What’s new. Sunny Unnie is like that since the beginning of time. I shrugged and went back scribbling on my notes.

 

I stopped once again when my phone which is on the table vibrated. There is a message.

 

 

Have you met your soulmate? Text SOULM8 and send to 4423

 

“Tch!” I scoffed and deleted the message.

 

“Soulmate my !” I snickered.

 

After a long battle with my rationality, I typed on the message box.

 

 

To : 4423

SOULM8

 

Send Message

 

Ugh..... I can’t believe I’m doing this.

 

My phone vibrated again.

 

Wondering how to find your soulmate? Try this advice. Buy a locket. Put your name’s initial on one face of the locket. Then, put another initial on the other face whatever letter instantly pops in your head. The other letter is what your soulmate’s name starts. Try this and be happy for the rest of your life. Your soulmate will come to you soon.

 

 

“Psh! This is so lame!” I rolled my eyes. Hah! Who’s stupid enough to believe this crap?

 

 

 

“Why.Am.I.Here?” I asked myself while standing infront of a shelf of an affordable jewelry shop on the mall. I sighed.

 

“How can I help you mam?” The store attendant asked politely. I looked at her hesitantly.

 

Argh! I can’t believe I’m doing this!

 

The attendant stared at me expectantly.

 

“Uhhm.... do you have a locket?” I finally asked. The attendant smiled even wider and went inside a room near the counter and came out with a small box on her hands.

 

“Here it is mam. They are quite popular this past few days. Maybe it has to do something with the message from telecomunications network.”

 

I remained silent and stared at the last piece of locket inside the box.

 

“This is our last stock.” The attendant informed.

 

Should I take this? Agh! I don’t know what to do!

 

“Okay. I’ll take it.” And that was what came out of my mouth.

 

The attendant happily took out the silver locket from the box and opened the locket. She bought out alpabhets from A to Z.

 

“What’s your name mam?”

 

“Jessica.”

 

She peeled letter J and stick it on one side of the locket.

 

“The other letter?”

 

“S”

 

My brows furrowed. I spoke before I could even think. And S? My soulmate’s name starts with S?

 

 

The attendant peeled the letter and stick it on the other side of the locket. I payed for the locket and headed out of the store.

 

I was too engrossed at the locket that I bumped into someone. I looked up to apologize but the person was too busy on the phone. The person’s back was facing me and whispering on the phone.

 

I mumbled sorry and continued walking. But before I could make a distance, my heart beat fast. I shook off the feeling and continued walking.

 

 I suddenly felt hungry when I noticed the newly opened retaurant.   I entered the restaurant and placed my order. I took a seat at the corner table.

 

“Here’s your order mam. Anything else, mam?” The waiter said after placing my order on the table. I smiled and told him that its okay.

 

 

After eating, I looked at my watch and got shocked because of the time.

 

“Ugh. I have to finish my assignment!”

 

I grabbed my things and walked fast out of the restaurant. When I reached the door, my heart pounded again.

 

 

 

 “! ! ! Where is it?!” I whispered angrily.

 

“What is it?” A nosy passenger asked and I answered the person absentmindedly while still rummaging my bag.

 

“The locket that I bought earlier!”

 

“The soulmate locker?” She asked again. I nodded absentmindedly again.

 

“Maybe your soulmate already have it.”

 

My head automatically turned to the nosy person. I gave her a “are-you-taking-drugs” look.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany’s P .O.V.

 

 

“Okay Unnie... I’ll buy it... okay.. I’m already inside the mall...okay...” I stopped walking and continued talking to my sister. She’s giving me instructions on what to buy for Mom’s knitting hobby.

 

My eyes lurked and I noticed that I am infront of a jewelry store. I turned my back from the store and felt someone bumped into me. It wasn’t hard. It didnt affect me at all. I didn’t bother to look. I continued talking with Taeyeon Unnie. But there something that I noticed.... it suddenly smelled good.

 

 

 

 

I’m hungry...

 

Huh? So there’s a newly opened restaurant here.. Good.. I could refuel here.

 

I was about to enter when my phone vibrated. I fished out my phone from my pocket and answered the call immediately. Well... I had to.. it was my sister.

 

I opened one side of the double glass door when the other one opened and a person hurriedly came out.

 

 

I chose to sit on the corner table. When I took a seat, a cold thing touched my which made me stand up immediately. I looked at the seat and saw a sort of a necklace... a locket.

 

I looked around on instinct. Hoping to find the owner.

 

“Who left this?”I mumbled and picked up the locket then took a seat again. I inspected the locket.

 

“J and S...” I read the contents. I stared at the locket and suddenly I felt my heart beat fast.

 

“Here’s your order mam. Anything else, mam?” The waiter asked me politely. It broke off whatever is happening. I looked at the waiter and told him that its okay. He bowed and walked away.

 

I stared at the locket once again.

 

“Wow..... that’s weird.” I mumbled then attacked my food.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s that?” Taeyeon unnie asked me with a raised brow.

 

“A locket.”

 

“Where did you get that?”

 

“At the newly opened restaurant of the mall.”

 

“Since when did you start picking trash. Let me see. Hmmm... J and S...”

 

“..... Stephanie and.. Jerome?.. Jason?..Jazz?.. Jim?.......... Jenny? ... ” My sister enumerated names that starts with J. She had this mocking grin when she mentioned a girl’s name.

 

“Jenny? I’m straight Unnie.” I deadpanned. She grinned and hit my head. Then she started to walk away.

 

“Congrats Cheeseball!”

 

I plopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling. My brows still forming a single line.

 

“Jenny...Jenny... jenny... jessi...Jessi... hmmnn... Jessi sounds good.. hmmnn.. Jessica?.....

 

“Pffft!” I scoffed at the nonsense.

 

“Maybe... a guy named Jess.....”

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: This happened more than a year ago before they met at school.