HUH?!

Convince Me Not

 

CHAPTER    23       HUH?!

 

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

 

 

“Stop flirting with my girlfriend!” Jessica let out a loud hiss after she pulled me away harshly. Whoah? Someone’s angry… wait.. what did she just said?!  O.o

She started to drag me away from the lady who almost chocked me with her tight embrace a while ago. Ms. Hug Attack looked so surprised with what Jessica blurted.

Girlfriend… Did she just say girlfriend?

Jessi… you have a lot of explaining to do.

Jessica was walking fast while still dragging me. Her fingernails dug into my wrist. She was flustered looked furious.

I was getting embarrassed because of the attention we were receiving from the people that we passed. And those people love to speak their minds.

“The other one looks furious..”

“Are they fighting?”

“Are they a couple?”

Shheeessshhh… why don’t you just mind your own business…

 

Jessica suddenly stopped making me bump into her.

“Ahh!” We exclaimed in unison.

What’s wrong with this person?

I stared at her. She stared back at me. My eyes narrowed.

The after a moment of stare battle, Jessica’s jaw dropped and eyes widened. She covered her wide opened mouth with her two hands. One on top of the other.

I don’t like what I was seeing… that expression of hers is a bad omen. It literally is equal to me being hurt…and I don’t like that.. especially now.

I smirked in annoyance.

I was about to tell her a piece of my mind when an enticing smell entered my nostrils. I sniffed and sniffed. The scent imaginary pulled me by the nose.

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

“Stop flirting with my girlfriend!”

I towed Blue away from Ms. Super Duper Mega Over Flirt. I walked away without looking back while dragging Blue.

My mind was clouded with things that I couldn’t explain.

I was furious but I can’t understand why….

I’m hurt but I can’t understand why….

I’m insecure but I can’t understand why….

I hate Blue but I can’t understand why….

I hate that lady but I can’t understand why…

I feel like I want to cry but I can’t understand why…

 

I walked and walked… I walked like I was so much in a hurry… trying to catch up something… or probably.. trying to get away from someone.

I bumped people in the process.. but I didn’t cared. I didn’t even bother to apologize. I’m a snob and I’m aware of that… but I’m not rude. But this time… I didn’t care… I couldn’t care less…. I can’t understand why.

 

“OMG! Is that Hwang?”

“Yes. It’s really Hwang!”

“Who’s that girl she’s with?”

“Yeah.. and she acts like a jealous girlfriend.”

 

The last comment ringed in my ears.

 

Whoah!  

Girlfriend?.....

Stop flirting with my girlfriend?

Did I just blurt that out?!                 

 

I suddenly stopped causing Blue to bump on me.

“Ahh!” We exclaimed in unison.

 

Blue stared at me. Eyebrows furrowed.

 

Girlfriend?!

Did I just say girlfriend?!   O.o

OH.MY.GOODNESS.

 

My jaw dropped the realization.

For the love of cucumbers! Jessica!!! What were you thinking?!

Whattodo?! Whattodo?! Whattodo?! Whattodo?!

Aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!! This is soooo embarrassing!!!!   T^T

 

Blue smirked. Gosh… I wonder what she’s thinking… 

“Tiff I-----------“ I was cut off with Blue’s sniffing gestures. All of a sudden, she suddenly forgets that I’m here with her.

There goes the shikskin. *sighs*

 

I followed her into a small restaurant. It was newly opened and served home cooked style foods. Blue approached the counter, not bothering to reserve a table.

Awww geez! She’s been hypnotized by food again.

There were only few tables. Luckily, there was still an unoccupied one. I sat there and waited for Blue.

Hmmm… I want pork barbecue…

 

I hope she could read my mind.. Oh well.. she’s in food trance. Maybe she forgot about me.

With nothing else to do and so many things running in mind, I played with the tissue holder that was on top of our table.                                                                               

Geez… what will I tell her? *mentally face palmed*

 

A food tray landed on top of the table cutting off my thoughts.

 

“Here…” Blue handed me a plate with 3 sticks (one stick is already enough for two people) of pork barbecue with a cup of rice.

Huh?!   O.o

I smiled. I wonder how she knew that I want to eat pork barbeque. Yey! I’m happy! Hihi. ^_^

“When I was choosing something for you to eat, pork barbecue popped in my mind.” Blue said with attention on her own food.

 

“You read my mind! I love you, Tiff!”

Holy cucumbers! Did I just say I love her?!   O.o                                 

 

“Just eat, Jess.” Expressionless… eyeballs still on the food.

I think she didn’t notice…. *sighs in relief*

 

We were eating without talking to each other. The silence made me feel awkward.

Damn! Maybe she’s still mad at me for her to realize that I called her my girlfriend.

 

We were almost done eating and we were just drinking our cold beverage to kill time when she finally spoke.

“Jess….”

“Hmmm…” I stopped sipping, the straw still in my lips.

“About what you said earlier….”

Oh gosh! Here it is!

“Did you just call me girlfriend?”

 

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

 

“Uhh… I….. Ahh…” I lost my tongue.  T^T

 

“What I meant was she hasn’t accepted me to be her friend. Girlfriend as in female friend. In the U.S. shows, they refer their female friends as girlfriends, right?”

 

I remembered Blue’s explanation to my dad. *eyes sparked mischievously*

“Girlfriend as in female friend. In the U.S. shows, they refer their female friends as girlfriends, right? You told that to my dad.” I said confidently.

Brilliant! Hehe. *mentally grinned evilly*

 

She was just speechless… Oh well.. maybe she’s just surprised. Maybe on her mind, she thinks I meant that I accept her as my friend.

Good reasoning Jess! You’re off the hook! Haha! *mentally laughing with hands on the hips*

 

“So you mean….” She leaned forward to me.

“….you mean… friendship?....”

“Yep! Exactly!” I nodded and smiled widely at her.

“…….you sure?....”

Oh my…. She must be really shocked. Hihi. ^_^

 

But to my dismay, Blue sighed heavily.

O.o

Then a smile formed in her y lips. The same lips that I found pressed into mine every time I woke up in wee hours of the morning when she comes for sleep overs.

 

As I mentioned, my bed is too small for both of us so accidents do happen okay? Don’t get any cute ideas people. And no, I’m not being defensive.

“Well… that’s good! I felt so much relieved!” She chuckled. Aww cute! Hihi. ^_^

 

“Why are you relieved” I asked her even though I knew that she’s happy I finally accepted her friendship. This is not the reaction that I anticipated though.

“Because… because… haha..” She’s now giggling.

 

“Because Jessi… I thought you were gay! I got worried for you because I don’t swing that way. I got scared that if you happen to be really in love with me, you will just get hurt. Aeeiiissshhh!!! I’m so relieved! Haha.” And now she’s laughing wholeheartedly.

Oh my… what did just happened? O.o

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N:   Sorry for the lameness. Geotechnical Engineering notes and formular were squeezing the few remaining drops of my nearly dried brain.

          Nweiz... its sterilized milk again.. with lots of ice.

         The redwine that I tried last night really... as in really... tasted like a juice.. a powdered juice that you just need to add water. And so... I passed my liqiuor mix drinking limit (which is really low). I woke up this morning with a throbbing head. Oh crap!

         I'm really a whimp (did I spell that right?) when it comes to drinking liqiour. Aaaaeeiiiisssshhh!!!!