The Day He Found Out The Truth

Me And The Girl Next Door

"No, I will not allow it!"

 

Qin Yang flinched as he hear Melody shout at the other line. "And why are you saving that woman's life anyway? Have you forgotten what he have done to you? What she have done to me?!" Melody shouted again over the phone. "I did not forget, mei... but as a doctor, it's my duty to save her life. And as a father, I should do this."

"And how about your son? Have you considered his feelings if he found out?"

"Zheng is the exact reason I'm doing this. You have to trust me on this."

"I trust you. I just don't want to trust that woman!"

"Mei -"

"I have never forgiven her, and I will never forgive her!"

 

Qin Yang became silent upon hearing his sister cry at the other line. "Peter left me to be with her, remember? And because of her, my baby died. And she cheated on you! She left you and Zheng and ran away with Peter." Melody reminded him. Qin Yang remained calm while Melody was being emotional. "Melody, you know I was the one who let her go. We both agreed that I'll have Zheng's custody because she knew I could take good care of my son. I loved her so much, that I chose her happiness over mine." he calmly explained to her sister.

 

"You weren't there..." Melody cried again. "Shortly after Jane left, you can't even bear to look at your own son because whenever you looked into his eyes, you can only Jane. So you left him to my care. Did you know how that hurt Zheng the most? When everyone got a word of what happened to your family, you left me to do all the explaining. You didn't see how your son cried every night because his mother and his father wasn't with him. You weren't the one who deals with his bullies in school. I practically the mother that  raised Zheng on my own, so it's natural for me to protect him like this. Ge, I will not allow you to let Zheng see his mother. I'm not going to let her ruin his son's life and break him again, just like what she did before." 

 

Qin Yang was silent the whole time Melody ranted. He remained calm as she blamed him and Jane for what had happened to Wes back then. All of it is true. He took the job abroad not just to give Wes a good life, but to heal himself. Because seeing Wes is like seeing Jane, and it only hurt him even more. "Let go, Melody..." Qin Yang told him. "Let go of the past. Peter's dead. You're getting married to a man who loves you so much. And Wes is living a good life. Zheng needs to see his mother to have a closure." he told her. Melody just cried at him. "Because we don't know when it will be too late for Jane to ask forgiveness from him...." Qin Yang added.

 

--

 

"I heard there's this new ice cream shop by the park. They had the biggest serving of ice cream ever! Plus, all the flavors you can think of." 

 

Wes smiled as he watched Wayne animatedly talk about the new ice cream shop he heard from their classmate. "Awww... ice cream!" Diana said dreamily. "All the flavors you can think of? That's a dream come true!" Sylvia also said dreamily. Wes just laughed seeing the dreamy look on their face as they think of the food. "So, you mean they have ice cream there that isn't sweet?" Wes asked. Wayne nodded his head. "There should be." Wayne said with a smile. 

 

"It's a pity Dylan and Sunnee can't join us. Why do they have part-time jobs anyway?" Diana said with a pout. Wayne put his arm around her waist, and smiled at her. "Honey toast, don't be sad. Besides, both of them are working hard because they wanted to study in Thailand..." Wayne said. Diana just let out a sigh.

 

They stopped by the side walk, and waited for the pedestrian light to turn green. "Let's go!" Sylvia shouted with glee. The four of them crossed the street with Wayne walking behind them. "Hey! Wait for me!" Wayne shouted at them. 

 

As Wayne made a step, he heard car coming his way. He looked up at the pedestrian light and saw that it's still green. The stop light is still in red as he noticed. Then, he looked at the car, and it was going on his direction. He got too scared that he was not able to move at all. 

 

Wes heard a screech of tires behind him, followed by a aloud thud. As he looked behind, he saw Wayne lying on the street, with the blood in his face. The car stopped in front of Wayne. He felt scared seeing his best friend that way. "Wayne!" he shouted as he ran towards him. Sylvia and Diana looked back, and saw Wayne as well. "Oh no!"Sylvia said. Diana's heart was beating fast as she saw his boyfriend. "Xiao Jin!" she cried. The two girls ran towards Wayne as well. 

 

--

 

"I'm sorry! I'm really really sorry!"

 

The older man bowed before Wayne's parents and Wes. (A/N: played by  Jin Bao San) Wayne's mom fanned herself, and rolled her eyes at the older man who hit Wayne (A/N: Imagine Sam in long hair and woman's clothing here). "Drivers like you should be banned from even having a car!" Mrs. Huang told him. Wayne's father let out a sigh,and rubbed his wife's back. (A/N: Imagine Aaron with a mustache as Wayne's dad.) "Lao Po, why don't we hear the man's explanation first before getting angry?" Mr. Huang said. 

 

"The car is in perfect condition before I left the mansion Then, while I was driving it, the break isn't even working. It's a miracle I was able to stop when I hit your son." the older man said. This made Wayne's man even more angry. "What do you think of our precious son? A car stopper?!" Mrs. Huang shouted angrily as he hit the man with her bag. Mr. Huang and Wes tried to stop Wayne's mom, but they couldn't. The man could only flinch in pain.

 

Just then, an older man in suit and bodyguards came towards them. (A/N: If you remember Gu Zhan's dad, then he plays this character) "Butler Jin?" the older man called. Wayne's mom stopped hitting him as they looked at the rich-looking man. "Master Ming!" Butler Jin said. He walked towards him, and knelt before him. "I have failed you Master Ming! I accept any punishment you give me!" Butler Jin cried.The rich man just sweat dropped upon seeing his butler that way. "I'll deal with you later. What's important is how is the boy you hit, and do you also need any medical attention?" Master Ming said worriedly. 

 

Butler Jin cried to him. "I'm all right, Master Ming! Oh, how lucky am I to be working for you, for you care about me the most. The boy is currently receiving medical attention, and we'll find his condition soon." he explained while crying. "And how is Grace, my dear daughter?" Master Ming asked. "Reporting to Master Ming. Little Miss Xiao Xi was not in the car when the accident happened, as I was about to pick her up from airport when I hit the young man." Butler Jin explained. That was the time that Master Ming was able to sigh with relief.

 

Master Ming then turned to Wayne's parents, and bowed before them. "I apologize in behalf of my butler. The truth is, Butler Jin is not reckless, and has always been careful. It's just that lately, someone is trying to sabotage me. I apologize for what happened to your son. Let me take care of the hospital bill, and compensate you for what had happened." Master Ming explained. Mr. and Mrs. Huang looked at each other for a while, and then back at Master Ming. "Whatever. As long as you take responsibility of our precious son!" Mrs. Huang said. 

 

--

 

Meanwhile, at his room, Diana stayed beside Wayne, waiting for him to wake up. "Xiao Jin, please wake up..." she said in a low voice. Since she saw the accident, he had been crying non-stop. "I still need you. I can't live without you. We still have a lot of things to do together, right? There's still a lot of things we are looking forward to... I promise to be a better girlfriend if you wake up... so please, open your eyes..." she cried faintly. 

 

"Diana..."

 

Wes walked towards her. Diana looked up at him as she cried. "You should go home first to rest. We talked to the doctors, and they said he's in stable condition now." he explained to her. Diana shook her head. "I won't leave his side till he wake up. Until then, I won't leave him." Diana told him. "But you need to rest too." Wes told her. "I'm going to be fine." she assured him. 

 

Just then, they heard a moan from Wayne. Both Diana and Wes looked at him as he slowly opened his eyes. "Diana..." Wayne called. There were still tears in Diana's eyes, but this time, she smiled as she felt relieved. "Xiao Jin!" she cried. Then, she leaned to him to give him a hug. "You're awake! I'm glad you're awake! I miss you so much!" she cried again. Wayne let out faint smile. "I was just out for a few minutes, and you already miss me? You do love me so much..." he said faintly. Diana looked at him, and held his cheeks. "Don't ever leave me, OK? Promise me that." Diana said. Wayne nodded his head. "I promise I won't leave you, and I promise I won't make you worry again." he told her. 

 

As the two of them kissed, Wes cleared his throat. "Well, I think I'll leave you two alone for now." he said. The two just ignored him, and continued to kiss. Wes just sweat dropped as he watched them, then he left the room. The moment he got out of the room, Sylvia approached him. "How's Wayne?" she asked. Wes smiled at his girlfriend. "He is. But you don't want to go inside, you might disturb them." he said. Sylvia just laughed at him. 

 

"Hey, I remember, this is the hospital where your dad works, right?" Sylvia reminded him. Wes nodded his head. "Maybe I should go and pay a visit to my dad. What do you think?" he asked. Sylvia nodded her head. "You should! Don't worry about me. I'll wait for Diana, and we'll go home together. Besides, I want to see Wayne too." she told him. "Then, I'll see my dad first, all right?I'll see you later at home." he said. Sylvia smiled, and nodded his head. He kissed her on the lips before he find to went to find his father. 

 

--

 

As Wes walked through the hall of the hospital to find his father. He saw the nurse station, and then approached it. "Good afternoon, is Dr. Luo around?" he asked one of the nurses. "He's currently doing rounds. Would you like to pass a message to him?" the nurse told him. "I'll wait for him. Do you know where his office is?" he asked again. "Take the bridge on the right, then turn right, It's on room 530, you can't miss it." the nurse told him. Wes smiled, and thanked the nurse. 

 

As he was about to leave, he heard someone call him. "Zheng ge ge?" he heard a little girl say. He looked back, and saw Allie running up to him. "Allie?" he called. As soon as she got to him, he hugged him. "Zheng ge ge, you're here!" she told him as she hugged him. Wes smiled at her. "What are you doing here at the hospital? Are you sick?" he asked worriedly. "I'm not. But I'm glad to see you again, Zheng ge ge!" she said. Then, she hugged his big brother again. Wes smiled as he hugged the little girl back "I'm glad to see you again, Allie." he said. Allie broke their hug, and held his hand. "Come with me!" she told him. Wes gave her a confused look. "Where?" she asked. Allie didn't answer, and just pulled him to where she is going. 

 

He found himself in front of a room. He looked at the name plat on the door. "Jane Wang Jing Ying..." he read. The name sounded familiar to him, but he can't remember where he heard it.  "Ge, let's go inside!" he heard Allie told him. She opened the door, and saw a woman lying on the bed. "Mama, Zheng ge ge is here!" Allie said as she ran to Jane. Jane looked at his son and let out a smile. 

 

Wes was shocked to see the woman inside the room. Despite her frail figure, he remembered who she is. "Mommy..." he said as he slowly walked inside. He can't believe that the woman who Allie called her mom, is also his mom. "Then, it means Allie is my little sister?" he asked himself. "Z-zheng?" Jane called him. 

 

He found himself crying as he stared at the woman in front of him. It's not because of happiness, but because of the pent up anger he felt inside. As he looked at Jane, the memories of her leaving him came flashing through his mind. He remembered how he cried for her when he saw her leaving him. He remembered how he prayed each night for his mother to come back, but she never did. And all of the sudden, here she is in front of her. 

 

He wanted to shout at her, but as he opened his mouth to speak, nothing came out. "Zheng... my son..." Jane called weakly. She was in tears finally seeing her son in front of her. God has finally answered her prayers, and now here he is. But she could clearly see the anger in his eyes. She knew her son has not yet forgiven her for what she did before. 

 

"Zheng?"

 

Wes looked back, and saw his father behind him. "What are you doing here?" Wes asked him. Qin Yang looked away from him. "You knew mom is here, am I right?" he asked again. Qin Yang let out a sigh, and nodded his head. "She is the reason why you came back, is that right, dad?" Wes asked again. "I'm a doctor, son. I save lives." Qin Yang told him firmly. "You came back for mom?" Wes asked again. Qin Yang closed his eyes, and nodded his head. 

 

Wes balled his fist as he looked angrily at his father. He felt betrayed because of what he did. "How could you do this to me?!" Wes shouted at his father. The, he turned to her mother, who is crying this time. "I hate you..." he told her before he stormed out of the room. "Zheng!" Qin Yang called him. "Follow him, Qin Yang..." Qin Yang heard Jane say. "Follow him, and explain everything to him." Jane pleaded him. Qin Yang nodded his head, and followed his son.

 

--

 

Qin Yang followed his son until both of them reached home. "Zheng, we need to talk." Qin Yang told him firmly. Wes looked back angrily at his father. "What else is there to talk about? You lied to me. You betrayed me. I thought that woman is out of our lives."

"That woman is your mother!"

"She was never a mother for the past twelve years!"

"Don't talk about her, like she never gave you life. You mother carried you inside her body for nine months."

"Oh, so because of that, I have to easily forgive her? Because she gave me life, I should forget everything she have done to us?"

"She is still your mother! Treat her with respect."

"I despise that woman to even respect her!"

 

Then, there was a slap on Wes' face. Qin Yang was surprised at himself for hitting his son. Wes touched the cheek that his father hit. He looked at him with sadness in his eyes. "Do you still love mom?" he asked him. Qin Yang looked away from his son. "Do you still love her, despite the fact that she abandoned us, and left us for another man? Do you think just because I was so young back then, I wouldn't understand what was happening? I knew what happened, dad. I grew up and I understood what happened. She left us because she never loved us. She left us because she was happier with that guy she had an affair with. She ruined our family because she's selfish!" Wes shouted at him. 

 

"I asked her to leave." Qin Yang finally told him. Wes was shocked at his father's revelation. "Yes, she had an affair. Yes, she was happier with Peter. Which is why I let her go. Because when you love someone and you know they're no longer happy with you, you can't just tie them down to stay. It would be selfish of me to ask her to be my wife when she no longer loves me. So I asked her to leave. I asked her to leave and be with Peter, on the condition that you will stay with me." Qin Yang told him. 

 

Wes felt the revelation took away all of his strength. All he could do is slump on the couch as tears began to fall from his eyes. "It was my fault she had an affair. I...I wasn't the best husband or the best father. I was the best doctor, yes, but I admit, I had a lot of shortcomings as a husband and father. I wasn't there on special occasions. I always came home late. I didn't have time for you, even your mother. And Peter... the guy... the guy she had an affair with, was the one who filled her needs. I was at fault too, Zheng. It wasn't all of her fault at all. If I spent more time with you and your mom, this wouldn't have happened." Qin Yang told him tearfully. 

 

"And you know my biggest mistake? It was because of that, that your Aunt Melody lost hers and Peter's baby. So I asked her to leave. Because I knew I messed up, and whatever happened had hurt Melody, and I know will hurt you. I didn't realize that by asking her to do that, I had hurt you so much. I didn't it to happen that way, believe me." Qin Yang added. "And you left me to Aunt Melody because you can't bear to see me, right?" Wes asked. "You had your mother's eyes. Each time I look at you, it reminds me of how I failed you. Each time I look at you, I feel the pain. I had to go away to heal myself...."

 

Wes leaned his head backward as he cried. "This is so messed up..." he said. "When... when your mother called me months ago, I had no plan to talk to her. But then, she told me her condition. How she knew she's sick and dying. She wanted to ask forgiveness before her days end. She wants to ask forgiveness from you and Melody. You just have to give her a chance, son. You need to forgive her." Qin Yang told him. 

 

Wes stood up from his seat, and faced his father. "I don't think I could do that so soon. I'm sorry, dad. You can ask anything from me, but that." he told him. Then. he turned around, and went out of the door. "Hong Zheng!" his father shouted at him. Wes didn't heed his call, and before he knew it, his son is gone. 

 

--

 

Wes sat at the bench of the playground near their house. He went there to think and clear his mind. Everything that happened that day was too much for him. First, Wayne had an accident. Then, he saw his mother and found out Allie is his little sister. Then, his father explained what happened in the past. He felt that his emotions and his feelings towards his mother became all hazy. 

 

"Zheng..."

 

He heard a soft voice call him. He looked up, and saw Sylvia standing beside him. "Why did you follow me?" Wes asked him. Sylvia looked at him sadly. "Because I know you're sad, and I don't want you to be sad and alone..." she said as she sat beside him. As he looked at Sylvia, tears began to fall from his eyes. She pulled his head, and let him cry on her shoulder. As Wes cried, Sylvia wrapped his arms around him. "I wish, I could take all your pain away, Zheng. I wish my love would be enough to  heal you. But I can only do so much." she said as she started to cry as well. "Just having you beside me is enough." he told her. 

 

Sylvia brushed his hair with her fingers as he cried to her. "I feel... I feel betrayed... I feel conflicted. Why did they have to keep everything from me? Why did my mom have to come back? I was doing fine, and then.... and then all of these happened. I know I hated my mom, but after what dad told me today, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to believe anymore. It felt like everything I knew was just a lie..." Wes cried. "There are reasons and right answers, Zheng. And we won't find the answer to our questions until we're able to accept things..." Sylvia told him. She lifted his head, and made him face her. "Whatever happens in the future, whatever answer life gives you, I'll face it with you. I promise you, you won't be alone in this fight. You'll always have me beside you." she told him. 

 

As he cried, he hugged her even tighter.