Ice Princess

Me And The Girl Next Door

A/N: Sunnee calls Wayne P'Wayne as P' is used to address an elder brother/sister (I hope I'm right, I only hear this in Lakorns)

 

 

Dylan looked at the short haired girl in front of her. Her head hanging low, and she looks distracted. "She's overthinking again." he thought.  He stopped walking, and just let her bump into him. She looked up, and he saw the surprised look on her face. "Sorry." he said. He brushed her aside, and continue walking. That is, until he heard what she said. "Ice princess."

 

He could feel a vein popping out of his head. He did not scold her for being too distracted, and yet she insulted him. Again. "I accepted your apology for bumping into me. How dare you insult me." he said as faced her. She folded her arms as she smirked. "Dylan Xiong. You must know, everyone calls you that. It's not an insult!" she said. "It's an insult when it comes out of your mouth. Look, you  even got my shirt dirty." Dylan said as he brushed his shirt. Sunnee rolled her eyes at him. "Oh, please. It's already dirty even before I bumped into you." she said. 

 

Good thing Sylvia came. After all, he have no plans to chat or exchange tirades with this feisty short haired girl. He went on his way, and minded his own business. After all, he knows hell will break loose if he fight with Sunnee again.

 

--

 

"Sunnee?"

 

Sunnee looked up and saw Wayne walking her direction. Her heart began to beat fast as he smiled her way. "How was it? Did you like the manga?" he asked. Sunnee smiled and nodded her head. "I did! I'm planning to borrow the rest of the volume. I'm hooked with the story." she said. "I'm glad you liked it. If you want, we can go together to the comic store. I can recommend more mangas for you to read." Wayne said. "That would be great, P'Wayne." she said. 

 

Just then, Diana approached Wayne. "Hey, are you coming with us? Wes said he'll treat us for some snacks." Diana asked him. Wayne nodded his head. "Yes, but I'll catch up with you guys. Sunnee and I are going to the comic store first." Wayne said. "All right, I'll see you then." Diana said. She said goodbye to the two, and left.

 

Sunnee felt relieved that Wayne chose to go with her instead of Diana. "So, let's go? We might not be able to get the best titles if don't get there right away." Wayne said. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

--

 

"Welcome."

 

Dylan said the moment the door opened. It was his first day in his part time job as an attendant at the comic book store. As he looked up, he was surprised to see Wayne and Sunnee together. "Oh, Classmate Dylan. I didn't know you work here." Wayne said. Dylan just kept silent, and ignored him. "Will you buying today, or just borrowing?" Dylan asked. "We'd like to borrow some mangas." Wayne said. He then pointed at the shelves. "Go and check what you want to borrow." Dylan said coldly. 

 

Wayne turned to Sunnee, and smiled. "Come on, let's check if the mangas we like are still available" Wayne said. As the two left, Dylan looked at Wayne and Sunnee. "Weird, why is she hanging out with that dork?" he thought. 

 

After a while, he decided to go to the shelf to put back the mangas returned to the counter. As he was putting away the books, he noticed Wayne and Sunnee talking. He doesn't know why, but he eavesdropped on the two. 

 

"Ah, this one is nice. It's an adventure manga. And this one, if you like romance stories, you can also read this." he heard Wayne told Sunnee. "Wow, I can't believe you also read romance stories, P'Wayne. You must be a romantic person." Sunne said. Wayne blushed as he massaged his nape. "Not really. Sylvia made me read some romance mangas before. I found myself enjoying the genre, so  since then it's included in my reading list." Wayne explained. 

 

Sunnee looked at the the manga Wayne handed him. She imagined herself as the leading lady in the story, and Wayne her leading man. Then, she felt Wayne hold her hand. "I hope you'll like the stories." Wayne said. As he smiled, she felt like the place suddenly lightened up. "I... I will..." she said. "Honestly, I'm glad I was able to hang out with you again. When was the last time we did this? Ah, yes when you first transferred. I remember I had to teach you Chinese and English. Then you became friends with Cosmos and Eunice, so you stopped hanging out with us." Wayne said.

 

Sunnee has her reasons not to hang out with Wayne anymore. She felt like her heart can't take it every time he's near him. "So, you miss hanging out with me?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. "We had fun before, right? Honestly, I find you cute when you get frustrated when you can't speak a word." he said. "He thinks I'm cute? He thinks I'm cute!" she thought. 

 

Wayne looked at his phone, and saw a message from Diana, asking where he is. He remembered he promised to catch up on them after he had gone to the comic store. "Anyway, I have to go and meet  Wes. Do you want to hang out with us?" he asked. Sunnee shook her head. "No, P'Wayne. I think I'll stay here for a while, and look around." Sunnee said. He said goodbye to her, and left her alone. 

 

That was the moment Dylan decided to approach her. He put a manga on top of the books she was holding, which made Sunnee surprised. "Since when did you start liking mangas?" he asked coldly. Sunnee rolled her eye at him. "And since when did you start to care?" she snapped back. Dylan let out a smirk. "If I know, you're only doing this to be close to Wayne." he said. "So what? Wayne and I had been friends before. What's wrong if I want to be close to him again?" Sunnee said. 

 

Dylan moved closer and closer to her, until he cornered her to the wall. He put both of his hands on the wall so she will not escape. Sunnee suddenly became nervous because of what he did. "Are you trying to make me jealous?" he asked. Sunnee gave him an arrogant look. "Why would I do that? I don't even like you to begin with!"

"Do you like Wayne?"

"Why do you care?"

"Just answer my question."

"I like Wayne. What is it to you?"

 

Before she knew it, Dylan pinned her on the wall, with his lips pressed against her.