I Think I Love You

Me And The Girl Next Door

"I missed you..." she said in a low voice. He looked at her, and he knew in his heart, he felt the same way. Then he pulled her into a hug. 

 

Sylvia closed her eyes as she rested her head on his chest. She doesn't know why, but it felt right to be in his arms. "I missed you too..." he whispered to her. She looked up at him, and saw him gazing at her. Their gazes met, and once again, she felt being lost into his eyes.

 

Then, they the door open. In a split second, the two of them broke from that hug. "You guys want some ice cream?" Ella asked as he entered the house. Both of them blushed with what happened. "N-no..." Sylvia stuttered. 

"I... I should go back to my house!" Wes said. He stood up, and the dashed to the door, making Ella wonder what happened. 

 

"What's wrong with Zheng?" she asked. "I'm going to my room!" Sylvia shouted as she ran to her room. Ella could only shake her head. "Those kids are so weird." she said to herself. 

 

Sylvia leaned to the door of her room as she closed it. "Yu Fei... get a hold of yourself..." she told herself. She closed her eyes, and she could still Wes' face smiling at her. She shook her head to erase that scene from her head. "We talked about this Yu Fei, right? You can't possible like Zheng. He's your big brother! And... he might like that Pei Ci..." she said as she pouted. 

 

She let out a whine. "What is happening to me? And why is this happening to me when I'm with Zheng?" she asked herself again. 

 

--

 

The next day. 

 

"Bye! See you later, Ella jie!" Sylvia shouted over her shoulder before closing the door behind him. As she looked in front of her, he saw Wes standing before her. He smiled at her, and as he walked towards her, her heart began to beat fast. 

 

"Good morning!" he said. She felt like melting upon hearing his voice. "G-good morning. What are you doing here? Aren't you going to pick up Pei Ci from her house?" she asked. Wes shook his head. "Let's go together to school, all right?" he said. Sylvia smiled as she nodded her head. 

 

Then, he held her hand. She tailed behind him as they walked. As they were walking, she looked at the hand that was holding hers. She found herself smiling with the way Wes held her hand. "How come I didn't notice how warm his hand is? And my hand perfectly fits to his..." she thought. 

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a familiar voice calling Wes. "Xiao Zheng!" She looked up, and saw Pei Ci waving at them. Wes looked back at her, and smiled. "I asked Pei Ci to meet us here so that the three of us could walk to school. Is that OK?" Wes asked her. 

 

Before she could answer, Pei Ci ran up to Wes, and hugged him. The moment he let go of her hand, she felt hurt once again. She saw the way Wes smiled at Pei Ci. "Did you miss me, my Xiao Zheng?" Pei Ci asked in a cutesy voice. "Of course, I did!" he said as he pressed her nose with his finger. 

 

The green-eyed monster is coming out again as she looked how close and sweet they are. Pei Ci clung onto his arm, as if she was claiming him. Then, Pei Ci looked back at her. "Glad that you could walk with us to school. Fei Fei!" she said sweetly. Sylvia gave her a faint smile as she nodded her head.

 

And just like that, Wes' attention is with Pei Ci again. She was suddenly ignored, like she never existed. "Zheng ge, I want a big breakfast today. Will you buy me a big breakfast?" Pei Ci asked. Wes linked her arms to his, and held her hand tight. "Of course, I will." he said. 

 

Sylvia's mood suddenly went down as she watched the two. "I guess I'll be the third wheel yet again today..." she thought. 

 

--

 

The bell rang, and it's finally lunch. "Ah! I'm so hungry!" Diana whined as she stretched her arms. Then, she looked at Diana. "Did you bring any lunch with you?" she asked. Sylvia smiled, and nodded her head. "I prepared one for today." she said. 

 

Diana gave her a confused look. "But, isn't it Wes' turn to bring your lunch." she asked. "Better be safe than hungry." she said. She took her lunch bag, and stood up. "Hey, where are you going? I thought we're going to have lunch together?" Diana asked her. Sylvia looked at Wes and Pei Ci, then she turned to Diana and smiled. "I realized having lunch alone at the rooftop is fun. I'll see you later!" she said before running out of the room.

 

Diana wanted to protest, but before she could, Sylvia has left. Then, she turned to Wes, and glared at him. "It's your fault, Zheng!" she thought. She let out a sigh as she took out her own lunch. Wes noticed Sylvia left the room again. He could only watch her as she leaves. 

 

A few minutes later, Sylvia had finished her lunch at the rooftop. "Ah, I'm so full. Maybe I should go and take a nap for a while." she said to herself. Then, she put her lunch bag on the floor, and then she laid on the bench to take a nap. 

 

Meanwhile, Wes followed Sylvia at the rooftop. He found her lying on the bench. "Don't tell me she came here to sleep?" he asked himself. Then, he approached her. 

 

"Fei Fei, why didn't you join us for lunch?" he asked. There was no answer from her. She just laid still in that position. Then, he heard a faint snore coming from her. Wes could only laugh at her. "You came here to sleep?" he said. He knelt down, and took a closer look at her.

 

"You know, you're going to oversleep and be late to class." he told her. Still, she remained asleep. He looked closely at her. "You need to wake up!" he shouted at her. But Sylvia  didn't budge. "Sylvia!" Wes called again as she poked on her cheek.  Then, he moved his face close to hers.

 

Sylvia opened her eyes. And the first thing she saw is Wes face which is just a few inches from hers. "Oh my God, is he going to kiss me now?" she thought. Wes could see the panicked look on her face. Then, Sylvia closed her eyes again. When she thought Wes is finally going to kiss her, she heard him laugh. 

 

"Look at your face! Were you scared I'm going to kiss you?" he teased. This made Sylvia mad. As she opened her eyes, she glared at him. "Don't ever prank me like that!" she shouted at him angrily. Then, she pushed him hard. Wes lost his balance, and fell on the floor. He didn't know he pulled Sylvia with him on the floor, making her fall on top of him. Wes' eyes widened when he realized that his lips was on hers. 

 

Sylvia could not believe that she kissed her best friend. Her eyes widened with surprise as he looked at him. She wanted to move away from him, but her body felt weak at that moment. Time stood still for her, and yet she felt the world was spinning fast, making her feel dizzy. The only thing she could hear is the heavy beating of her own heart. 

 

Wes gazed into her eyes, looking at his own reflection. If there is one moment he wants to bottle up forever, it's this very second he kissed her. He didn't want this moment to end. 

 

Sylvia gathered her strength, and sat up. She looked away from Wes, embarrassed because of what happened. Wes sat up, and looked at her back. "Fei..." he called her name. He watched as she slowly stood up. Then, he stood up as well. 

 

"L-let's... let's go back..." she told him. Wes reached for her hand. Sylvia paused, and looked back at him. She stared at him for a long time, as she let out a faint smile. 

 

At that moment they kissed, she finally realized that she loves him too. 

 

--