Prologue

Me And The Girl Next Door

10 years ago...

 

Ella stared at the empty attic of their house. She can't believe today's the day they will have to leave this house they loved so much. They have so many memories in this house - both good and bad. It was where they met again after so many years, and when they fell in love. They were looking forward to grow old in this house, but sadly, that will not happen anymore. 

 

They had to make a decision for their future. Although they have a good future here in Taipei, they have to migrate to Australia. His parents are not getting any younger, and they needed to help them out. 

 

"A little nostalgic, Miss Piggy?" she heard a familiar voice said. She looked back, and she saw her husband smiling at him. "I can't help it, baobei." she said tearily. Chun walked up to her, and put his arm around her to console her. "I know this move is scary for you. I'm more than thankful that you agreed with me on this. I know how much you are sacrificing for me." Chun told her. Ella smiled at him. "When you love someone, you're more than willing to make sacrifices in your life." she told him. 

 

Chun knew this move is bittersweet for his wife. It's not just this house that they're going to let go, but her career, her friends and  her family as well. It was indeed a big sacrifice on her life, knowing it was her first time to leave Taiwan, and for good. "I'm sorry I had to put you through this..." Chun said sadly. "Changes are good from time to time, right? Changes can make us a better person. It could help us grow. We could meet a lot of new people, and go through new experiences. Therefore, change is life's adventure. " Ella said. She reached for his face and caressed his face. "I know I can handle all the big changes in my life as long as I'm beside you." she added. 

 

He embraced his wife, and kissed her on her forehead. The reason he fell in love with her more and more each day is because of how she have always understood him, and how she always supports his decisions. "I promise you, " he whispered to her. "No matter where life will take us, I will only go as long as I have you by my side." Chun said. 

 

He looked down at his wife, and kissed her on the lips. "Thank you for loving me." he said to her. "I love you so, much my chicken face." she told him with a smile. With that, Chun let out a laugh. 

 

He let her go for a while, and looked around the empty attic. "Let's say goodbye one last time to this house." he said. Ella nodded his head. "I sure hope the new owners will take care of this house, right?" Ella asked. Chun nodded his head. "Hebe assured me of that." he said. 

 

She took a small paper out from her pocket, then walked to one of the walls. She took out a loose brick from the wall, and put the paper inside. "A little gift for the new owner?" Chun asked his wife. Ella looked at him and nodded his head. "I hope whoever finds this paper will have happiness and love as well." Ella said. "Then, I wish them happiness and love too." Chun said. 

 

Ella walked over her husband's side, the looked around one last time. "I'm ready to go now." she said. They left the attic after they turned off the lights. 

 

Three months later.

 

The lights in the attic as a small figured walked inside. The little girl is in awe seeing how big the room is. "This will be my room!" she thought. She ran and danced around excitedly. She never had a room this big before, and she was lucky to find it before her big sister did. "I have to tell mommy I'll have this room. At least I won't have to share a room with Sunnie jie jie." she said. As she was about to go down, she heard something dropped on the floor. She looked back, and saw a small brick lying on the floor. She slowly walked up to it, and noticed a small hole it left on the wall. Inside the hole, she saw a small paper. She took it, and opened. Then she smiled. "My very first treasure!" she thought happily. 

 

"Sylvia,  come down and help us!" she heard her mom call her. She immediately put the paper on her pocket, and rushed outside the attic. "Coming, mom!" she shouted back. Maybe it's the right time to tell her mother she wants the attic for herself.