Love Confession Of An Ice Princess

Me And The Girl Next Door

Wayne's face blushed as he stared into Diana's face. Holding her close to him, he felt like he couldn't breath because of too much happiness. He had always wanted to be this close to her, but he was scared his feelings would give him away if he became too close. Having her in his arms is the best feeling in the world. 

 

Diana smiled at him. Up close, she could see herself in his black almond eyes. She never noticed how beautiful his eyes is, and how much she wanted to see only herself reflected on those orbs. She only wanted his eyes to look at her. 

 

Meanwhile, Sunnee came back to the classroom, as she forgot her wallet. When she looked inside the room, she saw Wayne holding Diana in his arms, as he gazed at her lovingly. She felt hurt. Wayne had never looked at her that way, even if they had gotten close. At first, she thought it's OK with her to be just friends with him, but the more she gets close to him, the more she wanted to be more than a friend. "He likes her..." she thought. Then, she lowered her head, and left the room. 

 

"You know, you're cute..." Diana told him. Wayne's face became red with what she said. "You think so?" he asked. Diana nodded her head. "Maybe if you just put your hair this way, you'll be more handsome." she said as he brushed his hair. Wayne let out a loving smile, and the way he smiled just melted her. 

 

Then, they heard someone coughed. They looked by the door, and saw Dylan. The two of them let go of each other as they faced Dylan. Dylan looked firmly at Wayne. "Where's Wes?" he asked in a serious tone. "H-he... he's at the cafeteria with Sunnee and Sylvia." Wayne explained. 

 

Wayne is starting to get scared of the piercing look that Dylan is giving him. Dylan is pursuing Diana, that he know, and he maybe thinking he's getting in Dylan's way. "So, Sunnee is with them?" Dylan asked again. The truth is, he saw Sunnee running away from their classroom. He knew something's wrong as he had a glimpse of her crying, so he decided to take a look. And then, he found Wayne and Diana at that position. "Y-yeah... is there something you need from him? I can pass on the message." Wayne said. Dylan shook his head, and then turned his back to leave. 

 

Wayne sighed with relieve after Dylan left. "That was so cold..." he muttered. Then, he looked at Diana. "I'm sorry. I was too close a while ago..." he said. Diana shook her head. "The truth is, I liked being that close to you." she said. Then, Wayne smiled. 

 

--

 

"You no longer need me

This is the reason I give myself

I pretend to be strong as I watch you walk away

You don't need me anymore

My  heart hurts but there's nothing I can do

Some memories are not the ones you take away..."

 

Sunnee let out a sigh after she sang. Then, she looked down on her feet. After she saw Wayne and Diana together, she found herself running to her sanctuary, the school garden. She wanted to be alone. She doesn't want anyone to see her sad today, not even Wayne. She wanted too breathe, and cry it all out, so that when she comes back, she could face him and Diana with a smile. 

 

She thought she had a chance with him. After all, Wayne was so sweet towards her. She didn't realize that he's just being friendly, and that she's not so special in his eyes. That realization hurts the most, because she felt stupid to think Wayne will love her. 

 

"Why are you alone here?" she heard someone ask. She looked back, and saw Dylan walking up to her. "Go away." she said in a sad tone. "Answer me. Why are you alone here?" he asked again as he stood in front of her. "I just want to be alone to be able to think clearly, all right."

"Why?"

"Why are you so annoying?"

"Why aren't you answering my question?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

 

Dylan knelt before her, and then lifted her chin. "Look at you. You look ugly -" he said. Before he could finish, Sunnee hit his hand away. "If you're here to insult me, I'm not in the mood." she told him. Dylan let out a sigh. "You look ugly when you're not smiling." Dylan finished his sentence. Sunnee looked away from him. "Yeah, right. Coming from someone who said I'm not pretty today." Sunnee said. "Because you're not pretty. You're beautiful. There's a difference. Pretty, means you look good outside. Beautiful means don't just look good outside, you radiate your grace from the inside." Dylan told her. 

 

Sunnee was taken aback with what he said. Then, she slowly looked at him. "I... am... beautiful?" she asked She could not believe Dylan was telling her she's beautiful. He let out a smile as he nodded his head. With that, Sunnee began to smile. Dylan couldn't help but stare at her. "And I'm falling in love with that beautiful smile..." he thought. "Well... thank you?" she said. Dylan let out a laugh. It was the first time Sunnee saw him this way. 

 

Then, he lifted her chin again as he looked into her eyes. "So, forget whatever it is that's making you sad. You should be smiling today, after all, you're the class muse today, all right?" he said. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

She doesn't know why, but Dylan's smile seems too familiar to her. Seeing him smile that way made her forget what made her sad in the first place. His smile made her comfortable and at ease, just like the smile of that boy she saved back then. "Am I starting to like ice princess?" she thought. 

 

--

 

 

That afternoon, they were getting ready for the relay event. Wes met up with Sylvia, Sunnee, Wayne and Diana at the sidelines before going to their place. 

 

"Diana will be our starter." Wes said as he looked at her. "Diana isn't the fastest among us, so it's OK if we start a little bit slow." he explained. Diana smiled and nodded her head. "Then, you'll pass the baton to Sylvia, then to me, then Sunneee. The last will be Wayne since he's the fastest." Wes said. 

 

Diana looked at Wayne, and saw him smiling at Sunnee. "Make sure to run as fast as you could, all right?" she heard him tell Sunnee. Sunnee smiled, and nodded her head. Then, she looked at Diana, and saw the sad look on her face. Then, Sunnee raised her hand. "Wes?" she called. "Yes, Sunnee?"

"What if I switch places with Diana? I think it would be better if we start off fast?" 

 

Wes let out a sigh. "We did that last year and we lost." she explained. "My fault actually. I was the slow one last year." Sylvia told her. Sunnee just nodded her head. "I think we're going to win this time. We have Sunnee here!" Wayne said confidently. Then, he smiled at Sunnee as he patted her back.  

 

Then, they heard a call from the PA system. "All team members who are joining the relay event, please proceed to the oval track." they heard someone say. Wes turned to his teammates, and smiled at them. "We can do this! We're going to win this time!" he told them confidently. "Yes!" the other four said. "Let's do this." Wes said as he held out his hand. The other four put their hands on each other, and made a cheer. "Fight!" they all shouted. 

 

They walked towards the oval. Sunnee and Wayne were walking first, then Diana, and Sylvia and Wes were behind them. "I'm worried about Diana..." Sylvia told Wes. Wes gave her a curious look. "Why?" he asked. Sylvia let out a sigh. "First, Dylan is annoying her. Next, she seem sad lately. I think something's wrong with her..."

 

Wes let out a sigh as he folded his arms. "I'm a little bit confused with Dylan." he said. It was Sylvia's turn to be confused. "In front of everyone, he likes Diana. But if you look closely, he secretly glances at Sunnee." Wes explained. "But, they hate each other, right?" Sylvia said. "You mean, I'm the only one who noticed something when we saved them at the stock room?"

"What did you notice?"

"Dylan looked really worried about Sunnee..."

"Of course he will. He said it was his fault they got stuck there, right?"

"Then, I guess I'm thinking too much."

 

It was Sylvia's turn to sigh. "I think we should talk to Dylan to stop annoying Diana." Sylvia said. "I already tried to do that. I don't think he will." Wes said. "Why is she sad anyway?" Wes asked her. Sylvia shrugged her shoulder. "I'll ask the next chance I get." Sylvia told him. Wes simply nodded his head in agreement. 

 

--

 

Everyone is in place as the relay event was about to start. Nervously, Diana waited for the signal. As she heard the running pistol went off, she started to run as fast as she could. She knew she was way behind the other runners, but she tried her best to be fast. Soon after, she reached Sylvia, and passed the baton to Sylvia. 

 

Sylvia took the baton from Diana's hand, and then ran as fast as she could. She was a little bit faster than Diana, and before they knew it, their competition was a behind. Then, she reached Wes, and passed the baton to him. As she slumped on the red ground, she could hear their classmates reaching for her big brother. 

 

"Go Wes! Go Wes! Go Wes!"

 

She let out a smile as she watched Wes run for his life. He was more faster than she and Diana combined. The other runners could not catch up with him. A few seconds later, he reached Sunnee, and handed her the baton. 

 

There were more cheering as they were leading. Wes looked at Sunnee, and could see how she ran fast. He smiled to himself, as he made the right decision to put her second to the last in line. The crowd, especially his classmates, cheered as Sunnee ran. 

 

"Go, Sunnee!"

"Sunnee, add oil!"

"Go, Suneee, fight!"

 

From the sideline, Wes could see Dylan watching her. Unlike the stern look he gave her during the parade, this time, he was smiling. It was the first time he had seen the student council president smile like that, and to Sunnee, of all people. 

 

Sunnee ran almost with the speed of light. She focused on reaching Wayne, and giving him the baton. Just As she was a few inches away from him, she gave it her all and ran until her legs are numb. The moment she passed the baton to Wayne, she fell on the ground. 

 

Before Wayne could run, he saw what happened to Sunnee. "Sunnee!" he shouted in panicked tone. He was about to help her up, but he heard her shouting at him. "Just run! Don't mind me!" Sunnee told him. When Wayne realized the other runners are about to catch up, he began to run. "Go P'Wayne! Jia you! Su Su!" Sunnee shouted as she held out a V-sign with her fingers. (A/N based on research, Susu means "fighting" in Thai)

 

Wes walked up to Sunnee, and helped her up. "Are you all right?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "Thank you, P'Wes." she said. Then, she turned her attention to Wayne. "Fighting! Go, P'Wayne!" she shouted at him. 

 

Everyone cheered as Wayne ran towards the finish line. "Just a few more steps..." he thought as he ran. "I can do this!" he said to himself. "Go, Wayne! You can do it!" he heard a familiar shout tell him. He smiled to himself, knowing Diana us cheering at him. He ran faster than he could. And before he knew it, he was the first person to reach the finish line. 

 

Everyone shouted with joy as Wayne won. "We won? We won!" he said to himself. He can't believe that this time, their team won. He looked back, and saw his teammates run up to him. "Xiao Jin, you did it!" he heard Diana told him. She ran up to him, and jumped to him, and hugged him tight. "Shi An! You did it! We did it!" Wayne told her. 

 

He carried Diana up, and spun her around. When Sunnee saw that, she stopped running towards him. The smile on her face slowly faded. She watched as Wayne happily smiled at the school beauty. "I can't be the one he likes... because now, it's clear to me that he likes Diana..." she thought. She watched from where she is standing as Diana hugged him again. She looked away from that scene, no longer wanting to break her own heart. Then, she began to run away from them. 

 

"Eh, where's Sunnee?" Wayne asked Wes. Wes looked around, and he could not find the short haired girl. "She was just here a while ago..." Wes said. Wayne was puzzled why Sunnee suddenly disappeared. They should celebrate together, after all, Sunnee also helped their team to win. 

 

From where he is standing. Dylan could see Sunnee walking away with her head hanging low. He know she is sad again, especially after seeing Diana and Wayne together. "My little sun... I'm trying to make you happy today, but why does everything make you sad?" he thought sadly. As he looked at Wayne's direction, he clenched his fist. "I need to take Diana away from him, so that Sunnee will be finally happy." he thought. 

 

--

 

Diana and Wayne went to the cafeteria to buy some food for their little celebration. "Where did Sunnee go?" Diana asked him. Wayne shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I just find it weird that she would just disappear like that." Wayne told her. Diana let out a sigh. "I hope she's back at the classroom, so she could celebrate with us." Wayne said. 

 

Diana looked at him silently. "Wayne, do you really like her? As in like like?" she asked. Wayne paused for a while. He looked at her. He wanted to tell her the truth - that the one he likes is her, and he only sees Sunnee as a friend. But as he opened his mouth to speak, he heard someone call Diana's name. 

 

"Diana!"

 

Both of them looked back, and saw Dylan walking up to them. He smiled as he eyed on her. Diana let out sigh as she was annoyed seeing him  again. Wayne then pulled Diana behind him. "Stay behind me, I'll face him."  Wayne said. 

 

Wayne faced him. Dylan folded his arms as he smirked at Wayne. "What do you want from her?" he asked firmly. "Ah, why are you imitating Wes? Why are you suddenly overprotective of her?" Dylan asked him. "Because she's my friend, and I have to protect her from annoying people like you." Wayne said bravely.

 

Dylan let out a sigh. "I just want to talk to Diana, all right?" Dylan insisted. "If you have something to tell her, tell it to me first." Wayne said. Dylan is getting annoyed by him. "I just want to take her away from you so that you can give Sunnee all of your attention, all right?" he said in this thoughts. 

 

Then, Dylan took Diana's hand, an pulled her. "Diana!" Wayne shouted. "No! I don't like you! How many times do I have to tell that to you?!" Diana shouted at him. "Let's just talk, all right?" Dylan insisted. Wayne wanted to pull Diana from him, but he's scared he would hurt her arm. "No! I don't want to talk with you!" Diana shouted.

 

Just then, someone blocked a hand between Diana and Dylan. They all saw Sunnee standing between them. "Dylan, just let Diana go." Sunnee said in a tired voice. Dylan looked at her, and he immediately let her go. After Dylan let go of her hand, Diana immediately hid behind Wayne. 

 

Then, Sunnee took his hand, and pulled him away from the two. When they left, Diana could only sigh with relief. "What's going on?" Wayne asked. 

 

--

 

Sunnee dragged Dylan to the school garden. "What?" Dylan asked in an annoyed tone. Sunnee let go of his hand, and faced him. "Can you stop annoying Diana?" she told him. Dylan gave her a puzzled look. "Isn't it obvious that she doesn't like you?" she added. Dylan folded his arms, and gave her a proud look. "I don't care." he said. 

 

"If you don't care, then why are you still pursuing her?" Sunnee asked. Dylan kept quiet. "Look, even if you don't care, obviously, she does. And you're annoying, haven't you noticed that?" Sunnee told him. Dylan let out a sigh. She would never understand why he's doing what he's doing, unless he tell her the truth. "Should I tell her why I'm doing this? Would she understand?" he asked himself. 

 

Looking at Sunnee's irritated face, he realized maybe this time, he should be truthful. "Do you like raccoons?" he asked. Sunnee was surprised at what he asked. Of course, she does like raccoons. It reminds her of the little boy he saved a long time ago. "Why do you care?" she asked him. "When I was younger, I met a girl who told me I look like a raccoon, and she said she likes raccoons." he told her. 

 

Sunnee thought for a while. That story sounded familiar to her. Then, he looked up at Dylan. "She helped me during my holiday in a foreign country. When my wallet was robbed, and I couldn't find my way back to the hotel. I wasn't able to find her after that, but her sunny smile and her cute face is forever etched in my memory." he told her. 

 

Sunnee's eyes widened in surprised. She finally realized who Dylan really is. This is her Raccoon, the little boy she saved back then. When he smiled at him, everything came back to her. "That's why his smile is familiar..." she thought. "Then, I finally found her one day. But, she can't remember me. When her friend confessed to me, I turned her friend down, and she got mad at me. The truth is, I turned her friend down because she's the one I like." he continued. Sunnee was getting surprised at his revelation. "I never thought of it that way..." she muttered under her breath. 

 

"And that kiss. It's everything to me. Because, it was my first kiss too. I was just so jealous because you like Wayne so much." Dylan told her. Sunnee let out a laugh. She could see his cheeks blush as he speaks. "So, you're talking about me, ice princess?" she asked. Dylan nodded his head. She's getting amused by him. Dylan, who had always been so serious, just became too nervous as he speaks all the truth to her. 

 

"So, if you knew I was that girl, why didn't you tell me?" Sunnee asked him. "How can we even talk. You hated me. I can't talk to you without you throwing insults at me." Dylan told her. "Then, why are you telling me this now?" she asked again. "I... I don't know!" Dylan shouted as he shook his head. With that, Sunnee let out a laugh. "Look, I only asked Diana out on a date because I want to get back at you for liking Wayne. Then, when I realized you really like Wayne, I decided that I will take her away from Wayne so that you could have your chance with him. After what happened in the stock room, I promised myself to make you happy. And if it's Wayne that's making you happy, I'll find a way for you to be with him." he explained. 

 

Sunnee let out a sigh. "But Wayne doesn't like me." she told him. "And he's making you sad instead of making you smile today. And it's frustrating that I keep on failing to make you smile." Dylan said as he lowered his head. Then, Sunnee smiled. "But I like raccoons. Raccoons are cute and they make me smile." 

 

Dylan slowly looked up at Sunnee, and saw her smiling at him. He was speechless at what she said. He was smiling happily, because he knew he had a chance. "It would have been different story if you told me everything from the start. Maybe I wouldn't have hated you so much. Maybe I'll just hate you a little bit." Sunnee told him. "Why do you hate me anyway?"

"Because you think you look cool when you're cold towards other people."

"Don't I look cool?"

"You looked stupid. I don't even know why girls fall for that attitude of yours."

 

Dylan let out a laugh. "I'm only cold to girls so that they won't like me." he said. "But what happened was the opposite." Sunnee said. Dylan nodded in agreement. 

 

Then, there was an awkward silence between them. "What am I going to do with all the information you told me anyway?" Sunnee asked him. He let out a smile. "I know how I can use it." Dylan said. Then, he reached for her face, and held it with his both hands. He leaned down on her, and gave her a long kiss on the lips. Unlike the last time, Sunnee didn't resist his this time, and responded to his kiss. 

 

As his lips parted hers, he let out a smiled as he stared at her. He find her cute as she blushed. Then, Sunnee hit his arm. "ert! Why did you kiss me again? I'm not even your girlfriend!" she told him. Dylan let out a laugh. Then, he pulled her into a hug. "From now on, you're my girl. You're not allowed to fall in love with anyone, but me." he told her. Sunnee secretly smiled. She may not be the one that Wayne likes, but she was happy she found her first love, her raccoon. 

 

"How possessive." she said loudly. Dylan pulled from their hug, and faced her. "Yes, I'm a possessive boyfriend. So, I'm warning you, don't make me jealous or -"

"Or what?" Sunnee said, raising an eyebrow at him. "Or I'll kiss you until I'm no longer jealous." Dylan continued. Sunnee just smiled a him. 

 

Dylan lifted her chin, and then looked into her eyes lovingly. "Sunnee, I know things are very sudden for the two of us. But believe me, when I say this. I love you so much. You're the only girl I want to be with. I don't care about pretty girls, because in my eyes, I can only see one  bright girl, and that is you. You're not just pretty, you're beautiful inside and out. If you still don't like me, then I'll work hard until the day you'll fall in love with me too. Will you give me the chance to love you?" he asked her. Sunnee raised an eyebrow at him. "You're asking me that after you kissed me?" Sunnee asked him. Dylan let out a pout. She was quite amused with his reaction. Then, Sunnee hugged him tight. Dylan smiled to himself as he looked at her. Without words, he knew what her answer is, and he is more than satisfied with that.