Want To Fly

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Enjoy your food!"

 

Diana heard Wayne said. She looked at his direction, and let out a smile. Then, she walked up to him after she's done serving food to their customer. "Xiao Jin, you've been working hard. Aren't you tired?" she asked. Wayne looked at her, and smiled. "I'm not tired. I enjoy what I'm doing." he said. "Then, are you ready for your performance with Zheng tomorrow?" Diana asked. 

 

Wayne nodded his head. "We just need to practice a little today." Wayne said. "Then, can you tell me what song are you going to perform tomorrow?" Diana asked. "It's a secret." Wayne said. Diana pouted at him. "But why are you keeping it a secret?" she asked. Wayne just smiled at her. He looked at the door, and saw new customers. "Welcome to Cute Cosplay Cafe!" Wayne greeted them. 

 

Diana watched Wayne as he greeted the new customers. Then, she smiled to herself. She can't wait to watch Wes and Wayne tomorrow. 

 

--

 

"Ah! So tiring..." Wes said as he slumped on the bench. He and Sylvia went to the garden to have a short break. Serving at the cafe in a costume drained their energy. "I've never been this tired in my entire life!" Sylvia said as she sat beside him. "But I'm glad the Cute Cosplay Cafe is a hit. Actually, Chun ge's pastries are a hit. For sure, we need to double the order for the brownies and cookies tomorrow." Wes said. 

 

Sylvia stretched out her arms. "For sure, tomorrow is more tiring that today. Hey, have you thought out what to wear tomorrow?" she asked. "I don't know. How about you?" he asked. "Dressing up as Qiu Qiu would be fun." she said. "What if I dress up like Gu Zhan instead? Then, we can be a pair." he said. Sylvia let out a laugh. "Don't you think it would be awkward?" she asked.

 

Wes gave her a puzzled look. "Why?" he asked. "Because they're a pair!" she said. "And so? We're also a pair! And didn't you say, I look more like Gu Zhan than Zhi Ge?" Wes asked her. Sylvia let out another laugh. "All right. Let's dress up as Qiu Qiu and Gu Zhan. But don't forget the Pig-Dog Inferiority Power Pole, all right?" she said. Wes smiled, and nodded his head. 

 

Wes looked away from her as he let out a sigh. Both of them were silent for a while. Then, he felt something fell on his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder, and saw Sylvia have fallen asleep on him. He stared at her, and let out a smile. "You must be really tired today..." he whispered to her. 

 

Slowly, he moved his arm, and then embraced her. He wanted her to be more comfortable as she naps. Then, she hugged him as she sleeps. He stiffened as she put her hand on his waist. "Dong ge..." she said in a low voice as she smiled. "You must be dreaming of Da Dong, aren't you?" he said. Wes let out a faint laugh as she watched her.

 

He pulled her closer to him to make her even more comfortable. Then, he stared at her face again, as he brushed her cheek. "Sweet dreams..." he said to her as he kissed her forehead. 

 

--

 

The next day.

 

Sunnee was wearing a raccoon costume this time. Since she was the first one to arrive, she was the one who prepared their cafe, with the help of her boyfriend. "I'm glad you finally decided to change your costume today." Dylan told her. Sunnee let out a laugh. "If I don't change my costume, my jealous boyfriend might kill Evan. You've been trying to guard me from him since yesterday." she said. "Just because he dressed up as Da Dong, and you as Lei Ting, it doesn't mean that you two can be a pair in real life. I don't like it when some guys starts chasing my girl." Dylan said. 

 

Sunnee let out another laugh. She finds it cute when Dylan gets jealous with the guys around her, especially Evan. "You don't have to worry about a thing. In my heart, there is only one raccoon that I love." she told him. Dylan smiled at her, and then gave her a kiss on the lips. 

 

"How sweet!" they both heard someone say. They looked by the door, and saw Diana and Cosmos staring dreamily at them. They entered the classroom. Diana is wearing a Minion costume this time, while Cosmos wore a Super Mario costume. 

 

"I can't believe the student council president can be this cheesy towards his girlfriend!" Cosmos said. "Sunnee sure is lucky!" Diana said. Both Sunnee and Dylan blushed because of what they said. "Aiyo, stop teasing us!" Sunnee told them. The two girls simply laughed. Dylan looked at Sunnee, and smiled. "Your classmates are here. I'll go ahead, and help at the stage, all right?" he told her. Sunnee looked up at him. She smiled and nodded her head. Dylan gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before heading out of the door. 

 

While Cosmos is teasing Sunnee, Diana looked at the door, and saw Wayne, who was carrying a box of pastries, enter the classroom. To her surprise, Wayne is also wearing a Minion costume. "Xiao Jin?" she called him. When Wayne saw Diana, he was surprised as well. "Shi An?" he said. Both of them looked at each other, and let out a laugh. "Hey, you two talked about wearing the same costume?" Sunnee asked them. "No!" they both said. The two of them looked at each other, and blushed. "We did not..." Diana said. "Aiyo, you girls are so suspicious. Eh, Sunnee, help me prepare these pastries, all right?" Wayne said, diverting the conversation. Cosmos and Sunnee laughed, before Sunnee would help Wayne with the pastries. 

 

After a while, Wes and Sylvia came to the room. Wes dressed up as Gu Zhan, while Sylvia dressed up as Qiu Qiu. "Wow, that's a pair!" Cosmos said as she looked at them. Wes and Sylvia looked at each other, and smiled. "My God, of all people who dressed up as characters in KO series, you two nailed it!" Diana said. "Thanks!" Sylvia said. "But you and Wayne... did you two talk to dress up like Minions today?" Wes asked her. "It was a coincidence." Diana said. 

 

After Wes and Sylvia entered the room, Chun soon followed them. "Wes, where should I put these pastries?" he asked them. Upon seeing Chun, Cosmos was immediately lovestruck. "Big Brother is so handsome...." she said dreamily. Chun gave the younger girl an awkward smile. 

 

"Chun ge, let me have those boxes." Wayne called him. Chun excused himself, and walked towards Wayne. "He's so handsome! I'm in love with him!" Cosmos said as she stared at Chun. Wes rolled his eyes at her. "He's married." Wes told Cosmos. Cosmos could only pout at him. "Thank you for the information, Wes." she said. 

 

Then, Chun turned to Wes and Sylvia. "I think you're all set. I have to go now, all right?" Chun told Wes. "Chun ge, are you going to watch Wes and Wayne's performance later?" Sylvia asked. Chun scratched his head. "Well..." he hesitated for a moment. "Ella jie said she's going to come later and watch." Sylvia said. Upon hearing that, Chun's face lightened up. "Really?" he asked. Wes and Sylvia nodded their heads. "Then, I guess I have to pick up Ella so we could watch your performance later." Chun said. "You should!" Sylvia said. Chun said goodbye to the two, and left the classroom. 

 

--

 

It's already the start of the talent show that evening. Everyone gathered at the quadrangle to watch. At the backstage, Wes and Wayne were waiting. While Wes was strumming his guitar, Wayne is pacing back and forth. He knew that when Wayne does this he's nervous. 

 

"Just relax..." Wes told him. "How can I? I'm going to sing in front of her!" he said. Wes let out a sigh. "Are you really sure you want us to confess to them after the performance?"

"Of course, Zheng! It's now or never!"

"Are you more nervous about confessing than singing?"

"I am!"

 

Wes let out a sigh. "Stop walking, you're making me dizzy." he told Wayne. "Aren't you nervous?" Wayne asked. "I am. And seeing you pacing that way, you're making me both dizzy and nervous." he said. Then, they heard the host began to talk. He called the first contestant, which is Evan and Win. 

 

From the backstage, Wes and Wayne watched their performance.

 

"Wo hao ji mo

Wo hao ji mo

Wo hao ji mo

Wo hao tao yuan"

 

(A/N sorry I can't find the English lyrics for this.)

 

Wes and Wayne laughed as Evan and Win danced like they were in a girl group. Next, Sunnee was called in stage and sang a song. 

 

"Give me your love, let me go with you to the future

Give me your love, hand in hand, never let go

Even when the universe explodes, ocean evaporates

As long as, your memory has my embrace"

 

Wes and Wayne were amazed at the way Sunnee sang. "Wow, she have a beautiful voice..." Wayne said. Wes looked at the audience, and saw Dylan watching at Sunnee and cheering for her. "I bet that song is for Dylan." Wes said. Wayne nodded his head. "I think so too!"

Another group from another class was called, and they danced. 

"Every time my stare meets yours, I show my styles, I have my youth
Just like everyone else, like following the current, just one look and it's forgotten
Every time my energy controls yours, I show my styles, I have my youth
Just like everyone else, it's not true, the youth is getting different"

 

A few other students were called to perform, until finally, they were called on stage. "Our next contestant is Wes Luo and Wayne Huang from Class B, Third Year. Please welcome, the HongJin duo!" the host said. 

 

The two of them took a deep breath as they got out of the stage. Everyone from their class cheered as they got out. From the audience, they could see Sylvia, Diana, Ella and Chun. All of their friends were watching them. Wes looked at Wayne, and smiled at him. "We can do this." he said. Wayne smiled, and gave him a thumbs up. 

 

Wes looked at the crowd, and smiled. Then, he spoke on the microphone. "Hello Everyone. I'm  Wes Luo." he introduced himself. "And I'm Wayne Huang!" Wayne said to the crowd. "We're the HongJin Duo!" Both of them said.

 

Then, they began to sing. 

 

Wes:

Day after day, life is unchangeable

There's too much we can't help, we get used to facing it

 

Wayne

People are too cold, how can loneliness end?

I hope when you appear, you'll destroy loneliness

 

Wes

Every way I can, don't let hope be defeated

 

Wayne:

Every way I can, I wait for love to rescue me

 

Wes 

Wait for love to rescue me

 

Wes and Wayne:

Dream about you

 

Wes and Wayne:

I want to fly above the skyline, to the border between dreams and reality

In this troubled world

I need your love and embrace to innocently escape together

 

Wes:

Scene after scene of this endless tragedy

There's too much sadness that we choose to be blind to

 

Wayne:

Happiness is too far away, how can we go after it?

Only your protection keeps our innocence

 

Wes and Wayne:

Every way I can, don't let hope be defeated

Every way I can, I wait for love to rescue me

Wait for love to rescue me

Dream about you

 

I want to fly above the skyline, to the border between dreams and reality

In this troubled world

I need your love and embrace to innocently escape together

 

Oh, want to fly above the skyline, to a brilliant dreamlike heaven

In this real and fake world

I long for the courage you give me on our sweet adventure together

La La La La La La La La La La 

La La La La La La La La La La 

La La La La La La La La La La 

 

As they were singing, Wayne was staring at Diana. Diana, on the other hand, felt like Wayne was singing only to her. She was so happy that he sang her favorite song. She had always liked it when Wayne sings, she loves his voice so much. 

 

"I'm so in love with him..." she thought as she stared at him. "I'm in love with Wayne!" she heard someone from behind. "Back off girl, he's mine!" another girl said. She looked back at them. She could not believe Wayne had gotten himself some fans during their short performance. Diana let out a sigh as she looked back on the stage. "I can't let anyone take Wayne from me..." she said to herself. Then, she finally made her decision. "I'm going to confess to him tonight." she thought. 

 

"Ah, Wes does sing well. Reminds me of someone..." Ella commented. Then, he looked at Chun, who was standing beside her. "Who?" Chun asked her. Ella looked away as she smiled. "A chicken face." she said. Chun let out a laugh. "But Ms. Piggy sings better than chicken face." Chun told her. The two of them looked at each other and laughed. 

 

Sylvia was cheering all through out. She made a banner for Wes and Wayne, and fangirled over them. "Go Zheng! Go Wayne! Go Zheng!" she shouted at him. Chun and Ella looked at Sylvia, and smiled. "We have Wes' number one fan here." Chun commented. Ella laughed as she nodded her head. "Of course I am! I'm Zheng's number one fan!" Sylvia said. 

 

"Thank you for listening to our song." Wes said. He looked at the crowd, and saw Sylvia cheering at him. He was so happy that with their song, he was able to make the girl he loves happy. 

 

--

 

"Are you ready?"

 

Wes asked as they went back to the backstage. Wayne nodded his head. The talent show has ended and their duo was announced as the winner. "Then, let's go and look for them!" Wes said. "I'm pretty sure they're together." Wayne said. As they were about to go to where the audience is, they saw Diana walking up to them. 

 

"Xiao Jin..." she called him. "Shi An?" Wayne said. Then, Diana looked at Wes. "Wes, is it OK is I talk to Wayne privately?" she asked. Wes looked at Wayne, and smiled at him. "Sure, but where is Fei Fei?" he asked. Diana smiled at him. "She's with Chun ge and Ella jie at the quadrangle." she told him. 

 

Wes looked Wayne and patted his shoulder. "It's your chance." he told him. Wayne nodded his head. Then, he left the two of them alone. "So, did you like our song?" Wayne asked the moment they were alone. Diana smiled and nodded her head. "Can we go to the school garden? It's a little crowded and loud here..." she said. "Sure." he said. 

 

--

 

Wes ran towards the quadrangle, and stopped to look for Sylvia. "Where could she be?" he thought as he looked around. "Zheng!" he heard someone call him. He looked back, and saw Sylvia waving at him. He let out a laugh, seeing her holding a banner of him. He immediately ran to her. 

 

"Fei Fei!" Zheng called her as soon as he reached her. He could feel his heart beating fast as she smiled at him. "Congratulations! Your performance is so great. I loved it!" Sylvia told her. "Thank you, Fei Fei. Actually, Wayne picked that song. And I agreed because I like the message of the song." he said. 

 

Then, he looked into her eyes. He took a deep breath before speaking again. "There's something I want to tell you..." he said. Sylvia gave him a curious look. "What is it?" she asked. He took another deep breath. He opened his mouth to speak, but words got stuck in his throat. 

 

"Zheng?" Sylvia called worriedly as he could not speak. "Fei Fei, I..." 

 

Then, something caught Wes' eyes. There was a familiar figure watching them. "It can't be. That's..." he muttered. "That's what?" she asked. She looked back at where Wes is looking, but she didn't see anything. "Are you all right?" Sylvia asked. Wes let out a smile at her. "I'm OK. Never mind about what I'm about to say. Let's go look for Ella jie and Chun ge, all right?" he said. Sylvia smiled and nodded her head. 

 

--

 

They were all alone at the school garden. Wayne followed Diana as she walked towards the fountain. "So, what is it that you want to talk about?" he asked her. Diana remained silent, with her back facing him. She was too nervous, she doesn't know how to start telling him. "Diana?" he called her. 

 

Then, Diana turned around to face him. "Wayne, you're my good friend, right?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. "Then, whatever I say today, it won't change a thing?" she asked. "Of course. What is it that you want to say?" he asked. 

 

She lowered her head, and looked at her feet. "Xiao Jin... I.... I..." She looked up at him. She was frustrated, as she can't tell him what she wanted to say. "What is it?" she asked. "Do you only see me as a friend?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. "You're a really good friend. Best friend. We grew up together." he answered her. "Is that all you can see of me?" she asked again. 

 

Wayne paused for a while. He was confused as to why Diana is asking her these questions. "Shi An, what's wrong?" he asked. Then, he let out a nervous laugh. "Shi An, we're friends. But I -"

 

As the fireworks lighted up the sky, Diana walked up to him. She held both of his cheeks, and kissed him on the lips for a long time. Wayne was surprised at what she did. But nevertheless, he felt he was in cloud nine because of their kiss. He closed his eyes, and kissed her back lovingly. 

 

Diana broke their kiss. She looked at him as he slowly opened his eyes. "Xiao Jin... I love you..." she whispered. Wayne opened his eyes. His brown orb sgazed into her face as he let out a happy smile. "You... didn't let me finish what I was about to say..." he said. "Do you love me?" she asked nervously. Wayne nodded his head.  "With all my heart, Shi An. With all my heart."

 

She smiled. At the same time, she was crying. But those were tears of joy falling from her eyes. "I love you Diana. You had no idea how I feel for you that way for a long time, Diana. I chose to be silent, because I thought I could never have a chance with you. I could never compare to the guys you dated. That's why I chose to be just friends even if it hurts. That way, I know I can keep you by my side, and I can continue to love you silently." Wayne told her.

 

Diana pouted as she put her hands on her sides. "Then, why didn't you tell me!" Diana shouted at him. Wayne let out a laugh. "I was scared, all right? I was scared you'll laugh at me, that you'll reject me. I was scared you'll break off our friendship if you found out. I didn't want to lose you and our friendship." 

 

Diana laughed as she cried. "Do you know why I keep dating those guys? Because I was trying to make you jealous. But I didn't work on you..." she said. "I am jealous of them. But I want you to be happy so I kept quiet..." Wayne said. 

 

Wayne touched her cheek as he wiped the tears from her face. "I'm supposed to confess to you tonight. But you confessed to me first." he said. "I was scared some of your fangirls will confess to you before I could."

"Do you think I will accept them?"

"I was scared you would, but I know you won't."

"Of course I won't. Because in my eyes, I can see only you." 

"Then, I'm glad you're not a plant." 

 

Diana hugged him again. "I love you so much, Wayne. You made me the happiest..." she whispered to him.  Wayne leaned to her forehead as he held her hands. As he closed his eyes, he let out a smile. "I love you too, Diana. I love you forever and ever." he said. Then, he kissed her again on the lips. 

 

"I have another confession to make..." Diana said after they broke their kiss. "I heard you telling Wes that you love me. So I know how you feel towards me." she said as she blushed. Wayne let out a laugh. "Aha! So that's why you treat me better lately, huh?" he said. Diana nodded her head. Then, he gave her a curious look. "Then, you heard Wes telling me..." 

 

Diana simply smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

--

 

"Fireworks!"

 

Ella and Chun paused for a while, and  looked up at the sky. "It's beautiful..." Ella commented as she smiled. Chun looked at her as she smiled. As they both watched the fireworks, Chun held her hand. 

 

--

 

"Look! Fireworks!"

 

Sylvia pointed at the sky. She and Wes looked up at the sky. "When I'm happy, it's like brilliant fireworks off over my head..." Sylvia whispered. Wes looked at her. "Then, are you happy today?" he asked. Sylvia looked at him, and smiled. "Yes. I can truly say I am very happy. And I have to thank you for that." she said. Wes gave her a puzzled look. "Why?" he asked. "Because you always try your best to make me happy, especially during the times that I thought I can't smile anymore." she said. 

 

The two of them watched the fireworks display. Wes reached for her hand, and held it tight. "Then, I will do my best to make you smile, always." he promised her. As he looked up at the fireworks, Sylvia stared at him. 

 

Little did he know, Sylvia felt different when he reached for her hand. Her heart began to beat fast as they touched. 

 

--

 

The figure stood alone, watching the fireworks display in the sky. As the figure looked down, it stared at the two people watching the fireworks as they held hands. The figure let out a sigh. "I'm here..."

 

A smiled formed from the figure's lips. "I'm finally back..."