Coming Back

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sylvia found herself in a bench at the park right next to the school. She waited for Sam to return from the vending machine. Then, he came back with a can of soda in his hand. 

 

"Here..." he said, handing the soda can to her. "Thanks..." she said as she took it. Sam sat next to her. "All these time, I thought I was being stalked by a ert. I never thought it's my crazy ex-boyfriend." she commented. Sam let out a laugh. "Did I scare you?" he asked. 

 

She answered by punching him on the chest. Sam could only flinch in pain. "That's for scaring me!" she shouted angrily at him. Sam let out a sigh. "I heard about the ert in this area. I got worried about you, and I want to make sure you're safe. The past few days, I noticed you're alone, so I decided to follow you and watch over you. Believe me, I really didn't mean to scare you." Sam explained. 

 

Sylvia let out a sigh. "But still. You scared me. And one more thing, I'm no longer your girlfriend, so I'm not your responsibility anymore, all right?" she told him. "But I still care about you, Sylvia."

"We already broke up. You chose Xue Fu."

"You chose to let me go."

"Because I know you love her."

 

Sam stared at her. She looked away from him. "We're already done. We already said what we wanted to say before. You don't need to come back to my life." she told him. Then, she stood up. "I need to go. Zheng must be looking for me now." she told him. 

 

Sam could only look as she leaves. There's a lot of things he wanted to say, and want to explain to her, but she didn't give him the time. "I chose you..." he wanted to tell her. "I came back because I chose to be with you..."

 

--

 

Sylvia slowly walked home, and along the way, she saw Wes standing in front of her. "Where have you been?" he asked in a worried tone. "I found who the stalker is." he told her. Sylvia smiled and nodded her head. "Me too." she said as she smiled sadly. "It's Sam..."

 

Wes let out a sigh as he lowered her head. Now that Sam is finally back, he's scared of what will happen next, especially to him and Sylvia. "Hey, can you hug me?" he heard her say. Wes nodded his head. Then, she hugged him tight. 

 

She closed her eyes as she inhaled his scent. "Your warm hands, your gentle smile, the tenderness in your eyes... it's all I needed at this moment. You're all I needed at this moment, Zheng... because I'm scared I'm going to be confused. I'm scared he'll try to take me away from you. You're the one I love, but I don't know how to tell it to you after I rejected you..." she thought. 

 

Wes put his arms around her, as if trying to protect her. "I promised myself I will protect you. I won't let you be hurt this time. Even if I have to hurt myself just to keep you happy, I'll do it..." he wanted to say. 

 

Sam was walking down the street, and he saw Wes and Sylvia together. He found the two of them in an embrace. He felt a pain in his heart seeing them together. "I guess I could never be near to her again... after all he had always been by her side all these time...." he thought sadly. He lowered his head, as he turned away from that scene. 

 

Wes lifted Sylvia's chin. He was expecting her to cry, but there was no tears in her eyes. "It's all right. Everything's going to be all right. Even if Sam is back, I won't let him hurt you." he told her. Sylvia nodded her head as she smiled faintly at him. 

 

--

 

"Did you enjoy our date?" Pei Ci asked Jenna as she put her hand around her. "I did, baobei!" Jenna said as she hugged Pei Ci. "Ah, then let's have another date then, all right?" she asked. Jenna nodded her head. She kissed Pei Ci on the lips before they parted ways. "I'm so lucky!" Pei Ci told herself as she watched Jenna. 

 

Then, she felt her stomach growl. "Oh, I'm hungry. Maybe I should check out that street market Zheng ge is talking about." she said. She then decided to buy food from there. 

 

Pei Ci found herself trying every food she saw at the market. Not only is her stomach fulls, her eyes are full as well, as she saw many beautiful girls. "Maybe this is why Zheng ge frequents this street market... there's a lot of beautiful girls!" she thought. 

 

Meanwhile, Sam is walking along the street market. He looked sadly at each stalls. This is where he and Sylvia frequently dates before they broke up. "Why am I even here? To break my own heart? Sylvia won't take you back anymore, Sam..." he said to himself. He let out another sigh. 

 

He stared at the dessert stall they frequent, and let out a smile. "She loves the bubble waffle here..." he thought. Just as he was about to take a step to order, a guy got in his way. "One bubble waffle please!" Pei Ci said. Sam just let out a sigh, and decided not to order anymore. 

 

He decided to leave. But then a group of kids ran , and bumped into him. He lost his balance, making him fall on the ground with the guy in front of her. 

 

Pei Ci was ready to leave. As she turned around a group of kids ran. The guy behind her lost his balance making them fall on the ground. "Ouch!" the guy said. Her eyes widened, seeing him on top of her. Her bubble waffle is all over the ground, and his hand is on her chest. 

 

"You..." Pei Ci hissed angrily. Sam realized he's touching her chest. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry..." Sam said. He took off his hand on her chest, but his other hand touched the other side. "... she's a girl..." Sam thought. "You're dead!" Pei Ci shouted at him, before punching him in the face. 

 

--