Like Superman

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Mommy darling!"

 

Sylvia hugged her mother tight the moment she saw her. "Ah, Yu Fei... you really did miss me!" Pauline told her daughter. "Of course, I did!" Sylvia said as she broke their hug. Pauline just smiled at her daughter. "Papa would be home before graduation, right?" she asked. Pauline nodded her head. "He will, don't worry. And he wants me to tell you that he misses you so much." she said. 

 

Pauline then looked at Ella and Stephy. "Thank you for taking care of my daughter, Ella." Pauline told her. "You're welcome. It was fun hanging out with Fei Fei. She's like a little sister to me." Ella told her. "Ah, then if mommy darling is here, then it means..." Sylvia said as she looked at Ella and Stephy. The older girl smiled at her sadly. 

 

"Chun, Stephy and I will be going back to Australia in a few days..." Ella told her. Sylvia pouted upon hearing that. "Aiyo, my Yu Fei has grew fond of Ella jie jie." Pauline said as she lifted her daughter's chin. "Hey, don't worry, Sylvia. Thank God for technology, right? We can over the internet, and I'll call you from time to time." Ella told her. "But, Ella jie, will you promise to visit us once in a while?" Sylvia asked. Ella nodded her head. "I promise. Right, Stephy?" Ella said, looking down at her daughter. "We definitely should visit them again soon!" Stephy said with a toothy smile. Everybody laughed at her. Sylvia leaned down, and pinched Stephy's cheeks.

 

--

 

"You know I'm leaving soon with my family right?" 

 

Chun said as he faced Wes. Wes just nodded his head, and stared at the older guy. Chun let out a smile.  "I'm thankful that you let me stay here in your house  while I'm chasing my wife. And as a token of gratitude, I want to pass on something to you." Chun told him. 

 

Behind him, he revealed a brown leathered notebook to him. Wes gave him a confused look. "Chun ge, what's this?" Wes asked as he took it from his eyes. "Chun's ultimate guide to make the wife happy." Chun told him proudly. Wes stared at him, and then on the notebook. Then, he looked at him again, and this time he burst out laughing. Chun could simply sweat drop at him, as he hear the crows in the background. "I can't believe you have this!" Wes . "Of course I need to write down my ideas for making Ella happy. And I tell you, 98% of the things I wrote there made Ella really." Chun explained. "So, what happened to the 2%?" Wes asked. 

 

Chun smiled awkwardly as he scratched his head. "Well, one turned out into a mess. And she got mad because she had to clean up that mess. And the other, I'm about to do that before we leave Taipei." Chun explained. Wes opened the book and scanned through it. "Hmmm... picnic under the stars?" Wes read under the category "Date Ideas". Chun smiled and nodded his head. Wes let out a pout. "But, we still have curfews. I don't think Aunt Pauline will allow Fei Fei to be out late." Wes said with a sigh. Then, he turned to the next page. "Pamper her for the day." Wes read outloud. "That was Ella's favorite and most requested date. Mine too. I like spoiling her." 

 

"What kind of pampering?" Wes asked. "I cook for her, give her massage, do her nails..." Chun said.  "Giving Fei Fei a massage seems to intimate, isn't it? I don't think I want to do that..." Wes told him. Wes scanned through the pages, and at the last page, he saw Chun's last idea. "Ask her to marry me again...." Wes looked up at the older guy with her eyes wide open. "Chun ge, is this what you're going planning before leaving?" he asked. Chun smiled and nodded his head. "But I haven't started with the preparations yet. We have been busy with Stephy lately." Chun explained. Wes broke into a smile. "Why didn't you tell me? Me and my friends can help you out with this!" Wes told him happily. 

 

Chun let out a smile. "Then, can you please help me out? Please, Zheng ge ge?" he asked with puppy eyes and with his hands clasped. Wes just laughed at the way the older guy looked at him. "Of course! After all, you helped me prepare for my surprise for Fei Fei, so I should help out Chun ge too!" Wes said. Chun smiled at him. "Then, I'll depend on you on this. I want our second wedding to be very memorable, all right?" Chun said. Wes smiled and gave him a thumbs up. 

 

--

 

"Do you think this church is a good venue for a wedding?" 

 

Wes said as he looked around the church that he, Wayne, and Dylan went to. Dylan gave him a confused look. "You're not thinking of marrying Sylvia right after graduation, right?" Dylan asked him. Wayne gasped as he looked at him. "Zheng... did you... did you get Fei Fei pregnant?!" he asked. Dylan was surprised at what Wayne said. "I... I didn't know Wes is like that... active" Dylan said, blushing and shaking his head. 

 

Wes could feel a vein popping from his forehead. "I'm not getting married! And I didn't get Fei Fei pregnant!" he shouted at them. With that, the two sighed with relief. Then, he smiled as he blushed. "But, I will someday. It's part of my big plans. But not right now. If I marry Fei Fei now, I'm scared I won't be able to give her a good life." he added. Dylan smiled at him. "Ah, Wes does have plans for him and Sylvia in the future." he said. Wes nodded his head. Wayne looked at the student council president. "Why? Don't you have plans with Sunnee in the future?" Wayne asked. "I do! I'm going to follow Sunnee to Thailand when she goes back for college. That's why I'm taking part time jobs so I could have enough living expenses when I study there." Dylan explained. Then, he looked at Wes and smiled. "If you're not getting married, then who will?" he asked. "Chun ge and Ella jie." 

 

Wayne clutched his heart, acting as if he was hurt. "Ella jie is marrying her ex-husband? But I love Chun ge!" he said, being dramatic. Dylan and Wes looked at him as a sweat drop formed on their foreheads. "Wayne..." they both said in dismay. "I mean, I'm happy for them! I'm glad that they're planning to get married again. And with Stephy witnessing it this time. I bet she'll be a really cute flower girl!"  Wayne said, changing his tone. "Who is really fond of Stephy, Evan or Wayne?" Dylan asked as he turned to Wes. Wes just shrugged his shoulders. "Both, I guess..." he said. 

 

"Then, if you three agree that this is the best place for Chun ge and Ella jie's wedding, let's reserve this place, all right?" Wes said. Dylan and Wayne nodded their heads. "You might want to reserve this for 10 years from now for yours and Fei Fei's wedding, right?" Wayne told him. Dylan and Wayne looked at each other, and gave each other a high five. "Hey..." Wes said as he folded his arms. Then, he broke into a smile. "I'll probably will!" Wes added. 

 

Just then, they heard a loud thunder outside the church. Wes saw Wayne's face changed into a worried one. "I wonder if Shi An brought an umbrella with her..." he thought. "Hey, anything wrong?" Wes asked him. Wayne shook his head. "Nothing. I'm just worried about Diana. She went out today to buy something at her favorite store, and it would be raining soon. I wonder if she brought an umbrella with her. You know how she forgets those things." Wayne said. "Then, why don't you go to her to find out?" Dylan suggested. "But, we're not yet done here, right?" Wayne asked. 

 

Wes smiled at him. "We can't let you worry about Diana. Go and find her." Wes told him. Wayne scratched his head as he smiled awkwardly. "Then, I'll leave soon to find Shi An, all right?" he said. Wes nodded his head. "Don't worry, I'll take care of your hubby." Dylan said. The two gave each other a flirtatious look. Wayne could looked angrily at them. "Zheng is mine!" he shouted at Dylan. The two sweat dropped again. "I'll leave first. Zheng, don't flirt with Dylan, all right?" Wayne told him. 

 

--

 

Diana got out of the store, and before she could make another step, heavy rain began to pour. She reached for her bag, and searched for her umbrella, but it wasn't there. "Oh, no! I forgot my umbrella again!" she said disappointedly. She let out a pout as she stared at the rain water falling from the eaves of the roof. "How will I get home?" she asked herself. She let out a sigh, and resigned to the fact she will have to wait until  the rain subsides. 

 

"I see, Little Miss An is stuck in the rain..."

 

She heard someone say. She looked at her side, and saw Wayne standing beside her. Her face lightened up upon seeing her boyfriend. "Xiao Jin!" she exclaimed happily. Wayne gave her a shy, boyish smile. "Let me guess, you forgot your umbrella again?" he asked. Diana gave him puppy eyes as she nodded her head. "Aiyo, Little Miss An, don't keep on forgetting your umbrella." he said as he patted her head. "But I didn't mean to..." she said sadly. 

 

"You're lucky, you have an ever reliable boyfriend." Wayne said, showing him the umbrella he's holding. Diana smiled at him, then hugged him. "My boyfriend is the best!" she shouted with glee Wayne could only blush at what she said. "I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend like you. Imagine, you came to my rescue, and ditched Zheng and Dylan to be with me?" Diana said. "I can't let my girlfriend be drenched in the rain, right?" he said. "And I thought you love Zheng more than you love me?" she asked. Wayne looked at her as he cupped her cheek. "The only person I love is you." he assured her. 

 

Diana looked up at him, and gazed into his eyes lovingly. Indeed, she was so lucky to have a loving boyfriend like Wayne, and she could not ask for more. "I love you..." she said faintly as she stared at him lovingly. Wayne enveloped her in his arms, and smiled at her. "I knew coming to my girlfriend's rescue would give me brownie points!" he said. Diana could only giggle at him. "Oh, yes you do." she said. Then, he leaned down, and kissed her on the lips. "I love you too." he told her. 

 

Wayne hugged her closer to her, as he felt her shiver. "How about we go on a coffee date? You seem a little cold." he said. He took her hand, and rubbed it to keep her warm. "As long as I get to spend more time with the best boyfriend in the whole world." she said. Wayne held her closer as he opened the umbrella. "Then, are you ready to run in the rain with me?" he asked. Diana smiled and nodded her head. Holding an umbrella on one hand, and Diana on his other arm, the two of them braved the rain for their coffee date.

 

--

 

"Nee, are you all right? Do you need anything else?" 

 

Dylan said as he approached his girlfriend on one of the tables at the comic book store. Sunnee looked up at Dylan and smiled. "I'm all right. Don't worry about me. Go and do your work." she assured him. Dylan took off his apron, and sat beside her. "Well, my break is long overdue. I'll just tell Teddy and my boss I'm going to take a quick break, then I'll join you, all right?" Dylan said. Sunnee smiled as she nodded her head. 

 

Sunnee continued to work on her journal, until Dylan finally joined her. "What's that?" Dylan asked, peeking at the journal she's holding. "This is my bucketlist journal. I put all the things I want to do here. Also, the places I want to visit and the food I want to taste." Sunnee explained. Dylan looked closely, and saw a particular place in her journal. "Milan..." he said aloud. Sunnee nodded her head. "It seems to be a very beautiful place. The buildings are old, yet majestic. I wanted to go there someday." she said. Dylan looked at her, and smiled. "Then, one day let's go to this place, all right? I'll work hard and save money so that we can visit this place." he said. 

 

Sunnee smiled at him. "That would be a great idea! Imagine, me travelling with my raccoon..." she said. Then, she sighed dreamily. "Actually, I want to take a gap year, and just travel, you know?" she told him. Dylan gave her a confused look. "A gap year?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "Just a year to travel a lot of places. I can start here in Taiwan, and visit the provinces. Then, maybe I can go and visit Thailand, and other countries in Asia. I heard there's a program wherein you can work in other countries in exchange for board and lodging, and sometimes food!" she explained to him. 

 

Dylan let out a smile. Sunnee do have a bright idea. Even though he's just a high school student, sometimes he felt that there's more to learn in the outside world than in the four corners of the classroom. "A gap year sounds nice..." he said. "And, if you travel during your gap year, you can learn a lot of new things, and learn more about the country and their culture, right?" Sunnee said. Dylan nodded his head. "But, what about your plans to study in Thailand?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee smiled at him. "The university can wait. When I think I'm ready to study again, I can always go back." she told him. "If I took a gap year too, will you let me join you?" Dylan asked. Sunnee was surprised at what he said. "But I thought you're planning to study at NTU..."

"Correction. I'm planning to follow you in Thailand for college. I want to follow you wherever you go."

 

She blushed upon hearing what he said. "Y-you are?" she asked. "That's why I'm taking this part time job." he told her. Sunnee smiled secretly upon hearing that. She never thought Dylan planned to follow her after their graduation. "How about this...." she started. "Let's take a gap year, travel the whole Taiwan and some other countries, then the following year, we can go to college here in  Taiwan?" Sunnee suggested. Dylan furrowed his brow upon hearing that. "Are you sure? You're not going back to Thailand anymore?" he asked. Sunnee shook her head. "A Taiwanese guy already took my heart." she told him as she blushed. 

 

Dylan held her hand as he gazed at her. "Whatever your plans are, and wherever yo go, I'll follow you." he told her. Sunnee let out a smile. She can't believe she found herself a guy that would be willing to go places with her. "I can't wait for our adventure together." she told him. Then, Dylan leaned to her, and kissed her on her forehead. "I can't wait to  make more memories with you, my little sun." he told her. 

 

--