Is This Love?

Me And The Girl Next Door

He held her close to him, his eyes locked into hers. His heart began to beat fast, and loud. "Be still, my heart, please..." he thought. 

 

Then, she broke away from him. Sylvia turned her back on him. "Why can I hear Zheng's heart beat fast?" she thought. "Sylvia?" Wes called her. She took a deep breath, and smiled at him. She chose to ignore what she heard when he held her close. "Let's go. Wayne and Diana must be waiting for us." Sylvia said. She avoided looking at him, and walked as fast as she could. "Fei Fei, wait for me!" she heard him say.  

 

Wes ran up to Sylvia to catch up on her. Then, he held her hand. Sylvia looked up at Wes, a little bit surprised at what he did. He looked around the street for the cafe where they will meet Wayne and Diana. "Ah, there it is!" Wes told her as he pointed at the sign. He held her hand tighter as they walked to it. 

 

As they went inside the cafe, Sylvia let go of his hand. Wes looked back at Sylvia, wondering why she let go of his hand. "Fei?" he called. Sylvia looked away from him. "Zheng, Fei! We're here!" they heard someone call then. They looked at the other side, and saw Wayne waving at them. Sylvia looked at Wes, and saw him waving back at them. 

 

The two of them approached Wayne and Diana. The first thing Sylvia noticed is that Diana and Wayne are wearing a couple shirt. "What's with the shirt?" she asked them. The two smiled at her. "We're a couple now!" Wayne and Diana announced happily. Sylvia was surprised at their announcement, but she was happy for them. Finally, Wayne had the courage to tell Diana know what he truly feels for her, and she knows Diana would be in good hands. "Really? Then, congratulations!" Sylvia told them. 

 

Wes pulled out a chair for Sylvia, and she noticed what he was doing. "Take a seat first." Wes said, smiling at her. She doesn't know why, but Wes suddenly looked more handsome when he smiled at her. It's like there's a shade of pink whenever she looks at him. "T-thank you..." Sylvia said as she sat down. 

 

"So, any good news?" Wayne said, eyeing on Wes. Wes gave him a confused look. "What good news?" Wes asked. Wayne pointed at Sylvia with his head, in a way that acted like he's stretching his. Wes immediately got what he means. "Oh... no good news." Wes said. Sylvia looked at the two, confused at what they were talking about.

 

Diana looked at her boyfriend, and his expression looks like he wants to question Wes. Then, she thought of a way to leave the two of them alone for the meantime. "Sylvia, can you accompany me to the powder room? I need to retouch." Diana told her. Sylvia nodded her head. The two girls stood up, and went to the powder room to leave the two boys to talk. 

 

"What happened last night? She rejected you?" Wayne immediately questioned him. "I wasn't able to confess..." Wes told him. Wayne gave him another confused look. "Why?" 

"I got distracted."

"Why were you distracted. Wes, didn't we plan this?"

"I know. I'm sorry but... I think I saw someone last night at the school festival..."

"Who?"

 

Wes couldn't answer his question. He doesn't want anyone to know who he saw last night, because it might affect everyone's mood. "And also, it was too loud because of the fireworks. She wanted to find Chun ge and Ella jie last night so I didn't get the chance to talk to her." Wes told him. 

 

Wayne let out a sigh. "It was such a pity that you weren't able to confess. Don't worry, we'll find another perfect moment for you, all right?" Wayne said. "There will always be next time." Wes assured him. 

 

--

 

"I didn't know you like Xiao Jin..." Sylvia said as she looked at Diana's reflection. Diana looked at her, and smiled. "I've always liked him. It's just that I was waiting for him to make the first move." Diana said. "So, what happened last night? Who confessed to who?" Sylvia asked. 

 

Diana's cheeks turned pink as she remembered how it all happened. "I asked him to accompany me to the garden..." she said. "And?"

"I asked him if he only see me as a friend?"

"And?"

"I didn't wait for his answer, and just kissed him."

 

Sylvia squealed upon hearing what she said. "He must be surprised!" she said. Diana nodded her head. "How I envy you. You and Wayne's a couple. Sunnee and Dylan's also a couple..." she said. "But you had been a couple with someone before, right?" Diana said. Sylvia let out a sigh, and nodded her head. "But  the way it ends isn't really happy..." Sylvia said sadly. 

 

Diana turned Sylvia to face her, and then she held both of her hands. "Sylvia, you know what they say right? If it's not happy, then it's not the ending. Maybe Sam isn't the guy you're meant to have your happily ever after with. Maybe it's another guy. All you have to do is take a leap of faith that the next guy would be the one who'll stay in you life forever, and would give you the love you deserve." she told her. 

 

Sylvia smiled at her. "I don't want to fall in love again. Why can't people just love and not be hurt?" she asked her. "You won't find your prince charming if you don't kiss a lot of frogs. Don't be afraid to fall in love over and over again. Just because one guy broke your heart, it doesn't mean the next will do the same, right?" Diana said. Then, she let out a smile. "And who knows, the guy who's meant for you might just be in front of you. You just need to open your eyes a little bit more." Diana added. Sylvia simply gave her a confused look. 

 

--

 

"Do you think this iced matcha latte is good? Should I order honey toast too? I know Diana likes honey toast, so I'll order it for her." Wayne asked as he looked at the menu. Wes read through the menu. Then, he saw a a mini strawberry cake listed on it. He let out a smiled. "I'm pretty sure Fei Fei will like this..." he thought. They called the waiter, and then placed their orders.

 

A few seconds later, the girls came back. Diana sat beside her boyfriend, while Sylvia sat beside Wes. "I'm so hungry." Diana said as she pouted at Wayne. "Don't worry, I ordered the biggest honey toast for you, all right?" Wayne said as she pinched her cheek. Diana smiled at him. 

 

Seeing their friends too sweet with each other made Sylvia and Wes laughed. Wayne looked at the two, and pouted at them. "Hey, you two. You laugh as us as if you didn't have a boyfriend and girlfriend before!" Wayne told them. "We weren't that too sweet in public..." Sylvia said. "Don't you remember, me and Tia were hiding our relationship." Wes said. 

 

Sylvia felt a little hurt hearing Tia's name. But still, she tried to smile. "But I'm pretty sure if you didn't have to hide your relationship with her, you would be that sweet towards her..." she said. Wes looked at Sylvia. Then, she smiled at him. "You two had always been sweet from the start." she added. 

 

Wes let out a sigh. "My relationship with Tia is all in the past now..." he said. "Then, I'm pretty sure, Zheng's next girlfriend would be lucky. If he's treats Tia so good, I'm pretty sure the next girl would be treated much better." Diana said. Sylvia looked away from them. The truth is, she got scared with what Diana said. Whatt if Wes found another girl to love? "Ah! I think so too! Zheng is the perfect guy. Look at him. Tall, smart, handsome. If I were a girl, I'd fall in love with him." Wayne said. 

 

Sylvia choked on her drink. There was a sweatdrop on Wes's forehead. "No way! I just want you to fall in love with me! If you become a girl, then I'll become a boy so you'll only love me" Diana told him. "Please stop..." Wes told the two lovebirds. Sylvia let out a faint laugh. Upon hearing that, he looked at her, and smiled. 

 

"You two brokenhearted people, you should find a love life so you won't be jealous of us." Wayne told them. "And who says we're envy? You two are displaying too much affection, it makes me vomit." Wes told him. "You know what can help heal a broken heart? It's love! What if you two just get together and be a couple?" Diana suggested. Sylvia let out a nervous laugh. Then, she looked at Wes. "No way..." she said. "Diana, I think you're just hungry." Wes told her. 

 

Soon their food came. True enough, Wayne ordered a big honey toast for Diana. Meanwhile, Sylvia got a mini strawberry cake. "Wow, it's so pretty! Just like Chun ge's cake!" Sylvia gushed at the cake. "Well, I'm glad you liked the cake." she heard Wes say. She looked at him, and saw him smiling at her. Suddenly, her heart began to beat fast. "Oh no... why is this happening to me?" she thought as she looked away from him. 

 

--