It's Complicated

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Sunnee, can you please send this to the VIP room?" Sunnee heard her boss said. She nodded her head, and carried the tray of coffee and sandwich to the VIP room. After she served the customer's order, she went out of the VIP room. 

 

She passed by one of the rooms, whose door is slightly open. "Why didn't they close this?" she thought. As she held the doorknob, she heard a familiar voice. She peeked inside, and her eyes widened. "It can't be..." she thought. 

 

She leaned on the wall as she peeked again. Her eyes weren't fooling her at all. "It's him..."

 

--

 

Sylvia entered the classroom, to find Pei Ci alone. "Good morning!" Pei Ci greeted her. Sylvia smiled, and nodded her head. "Why are you alone here? Where is Zheng?" Sylvia asked. "He went out to buy breakfast." Pei Ci answered. Sylvia just nodded her head. 

 

"Hey, you know, we didn't get to talk since I got here. You know, I want us to be friends too." Pei Ci said as she stood up, and approached Diana. "Really?" Sylvia asked. Pei Ci let out a smile. "Of course. I want us to be friends. And more than that..." she said. 

 

Sylvia got confused at what she said. Pei Ci let out a smirk. "Uhmmm... Pei Ci?" she asked in confusion. She stepped back as Pei Ci got closer and closer to her. She found herself leaning on the wall. "What's going on? Someone help me, please?" Sylvia thought as she looked at Pei Ci with fear. Pei Ci slammed her hand on the well, and cornered her. 

 

"I finally got you." Pei Ci. "W-what do you mean?" Sylvia asked. Pei Ci let out a smile at her.  "I like you." Pei Ci said as she lifted her chin. Sylvia was surprised at what she said. "W-what?! But I thought..."

"That I like Zheng ge? Oh my God, It's hard to pretend all these time that I like him. I had to be close to him so I could have a moment like this with you. But you keep avoiding me, and it's very frustrating. And now, I have you here all by myself, I can't let this moment pass." 

"B-but... I thought... I didn't know... you're..."

 

Pei Ci let out a laugh. "I thought if I could see Zheng again, I'll start to like boys. But I didn't know that he had a very pretty friend, and I fell for you instead of him. I really, really like you, Fei Fei." Pei Ci said. 

 

Sylvia looked at the door, and saw Wes looking at them dumbfounded. "What just happened?" Wes asked. Pei Ci looked at Wes, and burst out laughing at his reaction. 

 

--

 

"You mean to say, you're into girls?!" Wes asked Pei Ci the moment they're alone at the school garden. Pei Ci nodded her head. "But... but... I thought you like me! It was all an act?!" Wes said. Pei Ci sighed, as he patted his shoulder. "I'm sorry to keep your hopes high, my friend. I thought if I would see you again, I'll be able to change and I will like guys. After all, you're the only boy I got close with. But I really don't like boys. And I only see you as a friend. Think of me as your younger brother, all right."

 

Wes can't still believe what she was saying. How can the sweet and girly girl like Pei Ci turn out to like girls?  "But... but... you were so sweet towards me! You were clingy and touchy and... and... you even kissed me on the cheek last night!" Wes told her. Pei Ci gave him a disgusted reaction. "I regret what I did last night." Pei Ci told him. 

 

Pei Ci looked at Wes, and saw him shaking his head. "Oh, please Zheng ge... did you really fell for me?" he asked. "I was worried you like me because I... I might not be able to like you back!." Wes said defensively.  He can't believe what happened. His old friend, who he thought might have a crush on her,  turned out to be a rival for Sylvia's heart. He looked at her, and saw she was laughing. 

 

Then, something hit him. He remembered their conversation yesterday as he was holding her hand. "So, you mean to say... you didn't have an ex-boyfriend because..."

"All of them are ex-girlfriends." Pei Ci confirmed. 

Wes nodded his head. 

 

"OK, so since that's clear, can I ask you one thing, Xiao Ci?" Wes asked her. Pei Ci folded her arms. "What is it?" he asked. "Can you not like Sylvia?" he asked. Then, she let out a smirk. "Because you like her, don't you?" she asked. Wes' eyes widened with surprise. He didn't know Pei Ci would find out he liked Sylvia. Pei Ci let out a sigh. "There's a lot of pretty girls in our class. Since we're brothers, I'll stop liking her." Pei Ci said. 

 

There was a sweat drop in his head as he looked at Pei Ci. "Thank you." he told her. Pei Ci just gave him a thumbs up. 

 

--

 

Pei Ci and Wes went back to the classroom. The moment Sylvia saw Pei Ci, she immediately hid behind Wayne. "What's going on?" Wayne asked in confusion. Wes took a deep breath, and faced her. "It's all right, Fei Fei, I talked to her." she said. 

 

Sylvia slowly came out behind Wayne. She pouted as she looked at Pei Ci. "Look, Pei Ci. You're a nice girl. But... I don't like girls." she told him. Wayne and Diana gasped at what she said. "But I thought..." Diana asked in confusion, pointing at Wes and Pei Ci. 

 

Pei Ci smirked as she walked up to Diana. Then, she held her chin. "You're cute. Date me." she said. Wayne pouted, and blocked Pei Ci's way. "She's my girlfriend!" he told her off. "But I'm more handsome than you." Pei Ci told him. "And not Diana please..." Wes told her. 

 

Pei Ci let out a sigh. "All right, all right. I won't like your childhood friends. But you owe me one, brother." she told him. Pei Ci looked outside the room, and saw a cute girl pass by. "Excuse me, while I try to get that cute girl's number." she said before going out. The four scrammed to the door and watched as Pei Ci followed the cute girl from another class. 

 

"I can't believe it got resolved just like that?" Diana told Sylvia. "I had no clue she's a brother." Wayne said. "Me too." Wes told them. Diana and Sylvia exchanged meaningful looks, and gave each other a high five. 

 

--

 

"I have a date, so you don't need to walk me home." 

 

Pei Ci told Wes before she left the classroom. Wes and Wayne looked at each other. "She got herself a date with that cute girl from a while ago?" Wes asked Wayne. "She sure is fast..." Wayne said, "I should learn from her." Wes said. 

 

Then, Wes looked at Sylvia. "So, will my sister let me walk her home today?" he asked her. Sylvia smiled, and nodded her head. Then, he held her hand as he looked at her. 

 

They heard Wayne let out a cough. The two of them looked at Wayne. "But Zheng ge! What about me? Will you walk me home too?" Wayne said in a girly tone. As he hugged his arm. Wes gave him a disgusted look. "Xiao Jin, stop it!" he said. 

 

Diana pinched Wayne's ear and he flinched in pain, which made him let go of Wes' arms. "You should love only me, remember?" Diana told him. "I'm sorry, Shi An. I'm just kidding! Please let go of my ear, it hurts!" Wayne flinched. Diana let go of him. Then, she smiled at her boyfriend. "Xiao Jin, you need to date me to make up for this." she said in her cutest voice. Wayne let out a smile. "I'm willing to comply to that." Wayne said. 

 

Wes rolled his eyes at the two. "Please stop. You two are starting to be disgusting." he said. The two of them just laughed. "You're just jealous!" Diana told him. "All right, I'm jealous and you two have a great love life. Now go and leave, OK?" Wes told them. The two just laughed at him. 

 

--