Little Sister

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Ella!"

 

Calvin gave Ella big hug the moment he saw her. "I missed you so much!" he told her. "I missed you too!" Ella said. Calvin let go of her, and took a look at her. "You've become even more pretty. Chun sure is doing a great job taking care of you." he said. Ella just smiled at him. 

 

"And I'm glad you're back! Well, it's just for a few weeks, but I'm pretty sure DJ Angel's fans would be happy to hear their favorite voice on air." Calvin said. "I don't know if I can still do this. It's been 10 years since I've been on air. Are you really sure I still have fans?" Ella asked. Calvin nodded his head. "Of course! You're the only DJ that can solve people's love problems, remember?" Calvin told her. 

 

Ella just let out a laugh. "Well, thank you for the warm welcome. I can't wait to help people with their love problems once again." she told him. "Well then, let me give you a few refreshers, just in case you forgot how to be a radio DJ." Calvin told her.

 

--

 

Wes and Wayne went to the former's house, and as they entered, they saw Chun and Stephy together. Chun was tutoring Stephy the time they arrived. 

 

"Stephy! My favorite little girl!" Wes said happily. He walked to her, and gave her a hug. Stephy giggled as Wes hugged her. "Did Stephy miss Wes ge ge?" Wes asked. Stephy nodded her head. Then, she looked at Wayne. "Wes ge, is that cute boy your friend?" Stephy asked, looking at Wayne. Wes nodded his head. "Stephy, this is my friend, Wayne. Wayne, this is Stephy, my little friend." Wes said. 

 

Wayne smiled at Stephy, and Stephy smiled shyly at him. "It's nice to meet you, Stephy." Wayne said. "By the way, where is Ella jie?" Wes asked Chun. "She went to her former radio station. She was asked to do her show again for a few weeks while we're here." Chun said. Wes nodded his head. "I didn't know Ella jie was a DJ before..." Wayne said. "She is. And a very popular one. She's DJ Angel." Chun said proudly. 

 

Wayne's eyes widened with surprise. "DJ Angel was my favorite DJ when I was young! I used to listen to her a lot! So, that's why her voice is familiar..." Wayne said. Chun just smiled at the younger boy. "Ah, Chun ge, Wayne and I have to do our assignment. We'll just be upstairs if you need us." Wes told him. "Sure. Go and study while I tutor Stephy." Chun told him. 

 

As the two boys ran up the stairs, Stephy secretly glanced at Wayne. Chun noticed the little girl's reaction upon seeing Wayne. She was smiling happily as she looked at him. "He's so cute!" Stephy said dreamily. Chun let out a pout. "You're too young to have a crush." he told her. Stephy looked at Chun, and smiled. "Daddy Chun, can I have a crush when I get older?" she asked. "Yes. When you're older." Chun said. As he took his glass of water and drank, Stephy said something. 

 

"Then, when I grow up, can I marry Wayne ge ge?" Stephy asked. Chun spit out the water in his mouth upon hearing that. 

 

--

 

After Wes finished his assignment with Wayne, he went out for a bit to take a walk. As he was walking through the street market, he noticed a little girl following him. He chose to ignore the girl, for he thought she is with someone. 

 

As he was looking around, he noticed that little girl walking up to him. Then, she tugged his shirt. "Ge ge..." the girl said. Wes looked at her. He knelt down as he smiled at her. "Hello! Are you lost?" he asked. The little girl shook her head. "Are you alone? You know, you shouldn't be roaming around alone." he told her. 

 

"I'm looking for my big brother, can you help me?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "Sure! What does he look like?" he asked. The little girl smiled at him. "He's tall and handsome he looks like you." she said. Wes let out a smile. "He looks like me? Then he must be very handsome!" he said. 

 

Wes extended his hand to her. "I'm Wes. What's your name?" he asked. The little girl smiled, and took his hand. "I'm Allie." she said. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Allie. Should we go and find your brother?" he asked. Allie looked up at him. She smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

Then, Wes heard her stomach growl. He could only laugh at the little girl. "Ah, you must be hungry. Come on, I'll treat you for some snacks while we look for your brother, all right?" he said. Allie smiled and nodded her head. He stood up, and Allie held on to his hand. 

 

Wes brought Allie to a dessert stall, thinking she would like sweets. But, as he looked at her, he saw her frown. "Anything you like here?" he asked. Allie shook her head. "I don't like sweets..." she said. Wes was surprised at her. For the first time, he met someone who doesn't like sweets like him. "Then, do you have anything in mind that you want to eat?" he asked. 

 

Allie thought for a while. Allie looked around, and saw the stall that sells oyster omelet. "Oyster omelet!" Allie said. Then, she looked up at him. Wes let out a smile. "Oyster omelet is my favorite." he said. Allie let out a smile. "Me too!" she said. "Then, oyster omelet it is!" he said. 

 

Both of them went to the stall, and Wes brought them oyster omelet. "Here you go..." Wes said as he handed it to her. Allie looked up at Wes, and smiled. "Thank you, Wes ge ge." she said. Wes smiled as he watched her devour the food. He let out a laugh as Allie's mouth was filled with catsup. He took a tissue from his pocket, and then wiped the mess from . 

 

"I'm sorry, I'm a messy eater..." Allie apologized. "Me too. That's why I always have a tissue with me. I always make a mess when I eat my favorite food." he explained. "Wes ge, you also like your oyster omelet with lots of sauce?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "Wow, we do have a lot of things in common." she said. 

 

Wes smiled as he ruffled her hair. "You know, you could pass as my real little sister. We're very much alike." he told her. Allie smiled at him. "Then, would you like me if I am your little sister?" she asked.  Wes nodded his head. "Of course! How can I not dote on a cute little sister like you. Your brother is lucky to have you" he said as he pinched her cheek. Allie let out a smile. "Then, you are lucky." she said to him. Wes gave her a confused look. Then, she let out a laugh. 

 

"Silly girl." he said as he ruffled her hair again. Wes smiled as he watched her finish the rest of her food. "Is it good?" he asked her. Allie nodded her head. "Thank you for the treat, Wes ge ge." she told him. "You're welcome. Now, we can find your brother." he told her. 

 

Before Allie could speak, she heard someone calling her. "Allie! Allie!" Wes looked behind her, and saw an older lady running up to her. The older lady tried to catch her breath as she got near Allie. "Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you!" she said. Allie looked up at her. "Nana... I..."

 

Wes smiled, and extended his hand to the older lady. "Hello! I'm Wes. I saw Allie roaming around, looking for her brother. I was helping her find him, but she got hungry, so I decided to buy her something to eat." he said. The older lady was surprised to see him, but nevertheless, she smiled at him. "I'm Joelle. I'm Allie's nanny. Thank you for finding her." she said as she shook Wes' hand. 

 

"Then, do you know where Allie's brother is? Did you find him?" he asked. Joelle smiled as she nodded her head. "We just did." she said. Wes then turned to Allie. He knelt down, and put his hand on her shoulder. "Allie, I think your nanny knows where your big brother is. It was nice meeting you." he said. Then, Allie's face turned sad as she looked at him. "Am I going to see you again?" she asked. Wes smiled and nodded his head. "One day, we'll meet again. And I'll treat you for some snacks again, all right?" he said. As Wes lifted her chin, Allie smiled at him.

 

Then, Allie hugged him tight. "Ah, Allie mei mei has grew fond of me!" he said. Allie broke their hug. She watched as Wes wave goodbye to her, and leave. 

 

Joelle looked sadly at the little girl, and patted her shoulder. "Allie, we should go. Your mom is looking for you." she said. "I want to see my big brother again..." she whispered as a tear fell from her eyes. Then, she smiled as she stared at Wes' back. "One day, I'm going to be with my big brother again, right, Nana?" she asked her. Joelle nodded her head. "When the time is right, you'll be with Zheng ge ge again. But for now, just let things be, all right? Your mom will find a way for you and Zheng ge ge to be together." she said. Allie nodded her head. "I can't wait to tell mama how awesome my big brother is!" she told Joelle. 

 

--

 

Ella came home that night, and saw Chun sitting by the bench, pouting. "Mr. Wu?" she called. Chun looked up at her, and sighed. "Do you really want to look like a chicken face? Why are you pouting?" she asked as she sat beside him. "Your daughter..." he said. 

 

Ella gave him a confused look. "Daughter?" she asked. "Stephy." Chun said. "First of all, Stephy's adoption paper is still in process, so she's technically not our daughter yet. Now, what did Stephy do? She's a good girl, she couldn't have done something to make you mad." Ella said. "Oh yes, she did!" Chun said. 

 

She let out a sigh. "OK, then tell me so I can talk to her." she said. "She have a crush on Wayne. And she keeps on following Wayne while he was here. And Wayne dotes on her, I hate it." Chun said angrily. Ella paused for a while, then burst out laughing. "And you know what Stephy said to me? She wants to marry Wayne when she grows up!" Chun added angrily. 

 

"Ah, Daddy Chun is jealous that his daughter fancies another boy, does he?" Ella teased. She couldn't help but laugh at his husband for being jealous.  "For crying out loud, she's only seven years old! Why would she have a crush?" Chun asked. "How old were you when you had a crush on me? It was back in kindergarten, remember?" Ella reminded him. This made Chun silent. 

 

"It's normal for kids to have crushes. Maybe she finds Wayne cute. I find Wayne cute too, makes me wish sometimes I'm just the same age as he is so I can date him." Ella said. Chun pouted at his wife, making Ella laugh more at his reaction. "Ella!" he shouted at her. 

 

--

 

Allie slowly opened the door to the hospital room, and saw her mother faintly smile at her. "Hello, Allie..." Jane weakly greeted her daughter. Allie let out a smile as she walked to her bed side. "Hello, mama! How are you feeling today?" she asked as she gave her a toothy smile. "I think I'm getting better now because I've seen you smiling. I guess something good happened, huh?" she asked. 

 

Allie nodded her head. "Mama, I saw Zheng ge!" she excitedly told her. Jane paused as she smiled. "How is Zheng ge ge?" she asked. "He's nice and kind, like you told me. And he looks a lot like you!" Allie said. Jane nodded her head as she listened to her. "But, I didn't get to tell him I'm his little sister..." she said as her smile faded. 

 

Jane caressed her daughter's cheek. "Allie, one day, Zheng ge ge will know you are his little sister. And he will love you, and dote on you." she assured her. "I want to tell him mama is sick but I didn't have the chance to let him know..." Allie said sadly. 

 

Jane let out a sigh. She knew she had to fix his relationship with his son before it's too late. His only chance for Allie to meet her big brother is his ex-husband. "Qin Yang... please come home soon... me and Allie needs you now..." she thought.