Love And Pain

Me And The Girl Next Door

Ella knocked on Sylvia's door, and then opened it. "Sylvia, you have visitors." she said, smiling at her. "Who is it, Ella jie?" she asked. Then, Diana and Wayne peeked at her door. "Surprise!" the two of them said. Sylvia was happy to see her two friends. "Diana! Wayne!" she shouted. The two ran to her, and gave Sylvia a hug.  

 
 

"I'll leave the two of you first so I can prepare some snacks for your friend." Ella said as she left the three. Diana sat beside Sylvia, and hugged her. "You had us worried, Fei Fei..." Diana said. "Sorry..." Sylvia said. "Hey, don't say sorry. We should be saying sorry because we didn't tell you about Sam and that girl." Diana said. Sylvia smiled, and shook her head. "But you did try to warn me. It's just the stubborn me that didn't want to listen." she said.  

 
 

"Ah, Fei Fei, here's the notes for today. I'll let you borrow this, so you can catch up on our lessons." Wayne said as he gave her his notebooks. "Thank you, Wayne. You're so reliable, as always." she said as she took his notebooks. "By the way, where's Zheng?" she asked.  

 
 

Diana and Wayne looked at each other, then back to her. "Well, Zheng said he had to do something at the student council office..." Wayne lied as he scratched his head. Sylvia gave him a skeptical look. "Are you sure?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. "Of course. You know, he and ice princess will have to do something today regarding the sportsfest." Diana said, backing up Wayne's lie. Sylvia just nodded her head as she believed what Diana said.  

 
 

"How will Zheng survive the ice princess? He's too scared to approach him." Sylvia said. Just the thought of Wes being scared of Dylan made her laugh. "I don't even know what's with Dylan today. He had a weird reaction when he found out Sunnee is our muse." Wayne said. Sylvia's eyes widened upon hearing what he said. "Sunnee is our muse?" she asked as she smiled. Wayne nodded her head. "Well, you know how he and Sunnee always fight, right? During one of our meetings, they fought again. Dylan made a deal with Sunnee, that if she became the best muse, he won't bother her anymore." Wayne explained. "Oh, so that's why she volunteered to be the muse. She wanted to get Dylan out of her hair." Diana said. Wayne nodded his head.  

 
 

"So, what was Dylan's reaction?" Sylvia asked. "He was fuming mad! He even got madder when I told her Sunnee is cute." Wayne said. Diana fell silent, while Sylvia was laughing. "He is? Why would he even be mad? Eh, do you really think she's cute?" Sylvia asked. Wayne nodded his head. "She is! Why am I the only one who could see that? Sunnee may look boyish and tough, but she's a pretty girl." Wayne said.  

 
 

Then, he looked at Diana, and saw her looking away from him. "But you will always be beautiful in my eyes..." Wayne thought. "Then, we should make Sunnee prettiest at the sportsfest. Right, Diana?" Sylvia said. Diana forced a smile as she nodded her head. "Of course. We will." she said. Then, she looked at Wayne sadly. "I wonder if you see me the same way you see Sunnee..." she thought. 

 
 

-- 

 
 

Wayne lied to Sylvia, because he knew where Wes is going after school.  

 
 

Wes waited at the riverside park. A few minutes later, he felt someone coming up to him. "Wes..." someone called him. He looked back, and saw Sam walking up to him. "I thought you'll never come." Wes said. He folded his arms as he looked at him. "I guess we both need to talk. And I owe you an apology.." Sam said, looking away from him.  

 
 

"You don't own me an apology, Sam. You owe the apology to Fei Fei." he said. "Then, why did you want to see me?" Sam asked him. Wes stared at him, and remained silent. If looks could kill, Sam would have been dead by the piercing look in his eyes. "You promised..." Wes said. Sam lowered his head. "You promised me, didn't you? You promised not to hurt her." Wes blamed him.  

 
 

"I'm sorry..." Sam said in low voice. It was all he can mutter at that moment. "Did you know how much you've broken Fei Fei? Goddamnit, Sam, she loves you!" 

"I love her too." 

"Then, why? Why did you have to hurt her?" 

"Because life is never fair." 

 
 

Wes clenched his fist as he looked at him. "That girl... I'm getting married to her. I don't know when, but eventually, we'll get married. When that day comes, I will have no choice but to break Sylvia's heart. It's better for me to break her heart now, than when we're both deep into this relationship." Sam said bluntly. "If you knew such a thing would happen, then why did you lead Sylvia on? Why did you accept her confession on cookie day? Why did you make her your girlfriend?" Wes shouted at him.  

 
 

"Because I thought my feelings for her would be enough for me to break my engagement." Sam told him. It was Wes' turn to be silent. "What I felt for Sylvia is real. I love her. But..." 

"But you love that other girl more than you love my little sister, don't you?"  

 
 

Sam nodded his head. At that moment, Wes wanted to punch him in the face. He want to hurt him, the way he hurt Sylvia, but he stopped himself from doing so. "I'm sorry... that's all I can say for now. I'm sorry for breaking my promise. I'm sorry for breaking Sylvia's heart. I'm sorry for hurting her. At this moment, I'm also confused. I love Sylvia, but God knows how long I've loved Xue Fu." Sam told him.  

 
 

Wes looked at him. "Then, do the right thing." he said. Sam gave him a puzzled look. "Just let Sylvia go. Break up with her, if you should. Please don't hurt her anymore. If you don't feel the same way for her like the way you feel about that girl, then it's better for you to tell her and leave her. Because if you truly love her, you won't break her the way you did. I'd rather see her hurt because you told her the truth, than to see her smile knowing you're lying to her."  he said. 

 

Sam looked at Wes, and remembered what he said before. "If you hurt her, you're not just hurting her. You're also hurting me." he remember Wes said before. And as he looked at Wes, his eyes reflects the pain Sylvia is feeling right now. 

 
 

-- 

 
 

Going home, Diana was silent while she and Wayne was walking. "Hey, are you all right?" Wayne asked Diana. Diana looked at him, and smiled. "I am. Why do you ask?" she said. "You've been awfully silent since we started talking about Sunnee." Wayne said.  

 
 

Diana let out a sigh. "Sorry, maybe I'm not in the mood. I'm thinking of some things..." 

"Like?" 

"Like what will happen to Sam and Sylvia now? Why did Wes go and met up with Sam? Will Wes hurt Sam?Will Sunnee win the best muse?" 

 
 

Wayne shrugged his shoulder. "I don't have the answer to your questions. Whatever happens to Sam and Sylvia, we just have to be there for our friend. As for Wes, I know he have his reasons." Wayne said. Diana let out a sigh. Wayne walked up in front of her, and patted her head. "Aiyo, stop thinking, all right? I believe everything will fall into their right places." Wayne said. Diana smiled at him. 

 
 

"Eh, Diana... do you know why you're named after the moon?" Wayne asked her. "Why?" Diana asked with a puzzled look on her face. "Because you light up the sky at night. Just like how you light up our lives." Wayne said. Diana smiled at him. She turned away from to hide her blushing cheeks.  

 
 

"Ah, I finally made you smile! I'm so happy!" Wayne said. "Why are you such a sweet talker?" Diana pouted at him. Wayne held her hand, and looked into her eyes. "Because I don't like seeing you sad." he said. Diana smiled to herself. She felt her heart beating fast every second Wayne holds her hand. Wayne, on the other hand, was more than happy to be able to see her smile and hold her hand that way. 

 
 

-- 

 

Wes knocked on Sylvia's room. "Come in." Sylvia said.  Wes opened the door, and went inside her room. "Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked. "I feel like I'm getting better. I think I can go to school on Monday." She told him. Wes nodded his head as he sat on her bed.  

 
 

"Diana and Wayne came today. They said you had to stay behind to help Dylan with the preparations for the sportsfest. How was it?" Sylvia asked him. Wes stayed silent. The two already knew about his plans to meet up with Sam. He had to get answers from him, because it's Sylvia's heart that's on the line. "I'm sorry..." he said. Sylvia gave him a confused look. "Why?" she asked. "I lied. I didn't help Dylan today. The truth is, I met up with someone. Someone who have hurt you." he said.  

 
 

Sylvia let out a sigh as she lowered her head. "Did you hurt him?" she asked. Wes shook his head. "I want to, but I know if I did that and you found out, you'll be mad at me." he said. "How was he? Is he doing OK?" she asked. "I guess so. But he's sorry for what had happened. But..." 

 
 

Wes let out a sigh before he continued. "Sylvia, you will have to face him soon. You two needed to talk. Things needs to be cleared between you, and decisions need to be made. But I want you to know, no matter what you decide, or what he decides, I'll always be here for you." he said.  

 

"You're making me scared..." She told him as her voce shakes. Wes shook his head as he held her shoulders. "Don't be. I'm just right here beside you. You need to do this so that you two could decide what to do next." He told her.  

 

Sylvia looked up at him, and he could see the tears falling on her cheeks. Wes reached for her face, and wiped the tears on it. Seeing Sylvia in pain makes his heart hurt the most. All he could do to ease her pain is to hug her, to let her know he'll always be there for her.  

 

-- 
 

Dylan walked into their classroom. "Where's Diana?" he asked around. Their classmate pointed at her, who was at that time, talking to Sylvia.  

 
 

Dylan walked towards her seat. Both of them were surprised to see him in their room. "Dylan? What are you doing here?" Sylvia asked him. Dylan let out a smirk as he looked at Diana. "Diana, go out on a date with me." he said. The two girls were surprised at him. Diana fell silent at what he said. 

 
 

The moment Sunnee heard that, she dropped her books in shock.