Crushes

Me And The Girl Next Door

Wayne was at his locker, getting the things he will need for the next class. Then, he heard someone call him. "Wayne!" He looked back and saw Diana walking up to him. He smiled at her. "Hey, Diana! What's the good word?" he said. "Well, I have a little favor to ask..." she said.

 

Wayne closed his locker, and turned to her to give her full attention. "I know we are supposed to meet up this Saturday for the project, right?" she said. "Yeah. Wes and Sylvia will be with us. Wes said it would be better if we do the project at his place. What do you think?" he asked her. "Well... about that..." 

 

Diana bit her lips, She knows Wayne would be mad at him with what she's going to say. "Well, Simon asked me out on a date Saturday afternoon..." she said. Wayne's smile slowly faded upon hearing that. "Oh..." he mumbled. "You do know how long I've waited for him to ask me out on a date, right?" she said. Wayne nodded his head. "I know you really like Simon a lot..." he said in a low voice. Diana then smiled sweetly at him. "Then, you understand?" she asked. Wayne let out a smile, and nodded his head. 

 

Diana then pinched both of his cheeks. "I know I can count on you, Wayne! I promise, I'll make it up to you." she said. As Diana left, Wayne watched her. He saw her meet up with Simon at the door of the locker room, both of them smiling sweetly at each other. As Simon gave Diana a kiss on the cheek, Wayne turned to face his locker again. He let out a big sigh, and then he decided to head back to class. 

 

--

 

"Why the long face?" Wes asked Wayne as they were doing their project. "Nothing." Wayne answered monotonously, as he continued your work. Sylvia shortly joined them, bringing some snacks. "I think I know why Wayne is sad today." Sylvia said. She sat next to Wes, who was drawing something for their project. "Why?" Wes asked. "Because he's missing someone... someone who's not here today..." Sylvia said. 

 

Wayne looked at her, and just pouted. Wes gave Sylvia an amused look. "Diana?" he asked. Sylvia smiled and nodded his head. "Wait, why would Wayne be sad without Diana around? Is it because no one would help  him with  the project?" Wes asked as he held his chin. "I don't think so, Wes. Wayne can do the project without Diana."

"Is it because Diana broke another promise to Wayne?"

"Possible, but not really."

"Or is it because Diana is out on a date with Simon."

 

This time, Wayne gave the two dagger looks. Wes and Sylvia looked at each other and tried to suppress their laughter. "She can go out on a date with anyone she likes. I don't care." he said. "Liar, liar. Pants on fire..." Sylvia said in a sing-song tone. "So what if Diana is out on a date. Unless you're jealous..." Wes said. He smiled playfully at Wayne. "And why would you be jealous anyway, Wayne?" Sylvia asked. "I hate the two of you." Wayne finally managed to say. 

 

Sylvia came up to Wayne, and hugged him from the back. Then, she faked a cry. "You can't hate me Wayne! Who will help me with Math if you will hate me?" she told him. "You have your big bro to help you. And stop hugging me!" Wayne said in an annoyed tone. Sylvia immediately let him go. Wes laughed at his two friends. 

 

While Sylvia is trying to annoy Wayne, Wes looked out the window, saw Tia getting out of her house. She was wearing exercise clothes - a tank top and shorts. "My goddess!" Wes shouted. He jumped by the window to look closely at her. "Goddess? What are you talking about?" Wayne asked. Out of curiosity, Wayne joined Wes by the window and saw he was looking at Tia. "Wow, she's so pretty." Wayne commented as they both watched Tia do her stretches. "She's my goddess." Wes told him. "And she has big s!" Wayne commented. "And nice, y legs." Wes added. 

 

Then, they felt someone hit their head. They looked back and saw Sylvia with her arms folded and an irritated look on her face. "You two are pigs." she told them. "We're just appreciating her beauty!" Wayne said defensively. "You're commenting on her s. And you," she said pointing at Wes. "Are you just going to just look? Aren't you going to make a move on your goddess?"  Sylvia said as he looked at Wes. Wes simply scratched his head.

 

Sylvia then handed them both a tissue paper. "Wipe your nose. It's bleeding." she told them. The two took the tissue and wiped their bloodied noses. 

 

--

 

Wayne left Wes' house that afternoon. Wes and Sylvia were outside to send him off. As soon as Wayne left, Tia came out of her house, bringing a lot of clothes and bags with her. Some of her clothes fell on the ground, and Tia struggled to pick it. Sylvia nudged Wes, and Wes looked at her. "Help her..." she whispered to him. Before Wes could react, Sylvia pushed him in front of Tia. 

 

"Oh, hi Wes!" Tia greeted him as she tries to pick up her clothes. As Wes looked down on her, he can see her cleavage. "Oh, no... I might get a nosebleed again..." he thought. "Hi, Tia. Let me help you." he greeted her. He then helped to pick up her clothes on the ground. "Why are you carrying too many clothes and bags?" he asked her. "Well, I have a photo shoot tomorrow at Yi Lan. I'll be driving there tonight." she told him. "Will you be OK driving alone?" he asked. "I'm used to it. Besides, I need this job." Tia told him. 

 

As soon as he collected all of her clothes, both of them stood up, and he handed her her clothes. "Thank you so much." Tia told him. "Let me help carry your bags inside your car." he said as he took a bag from her hand. As he touched her hand, he felt a jolt of electricity in his skin. "You're such a sweet guy, Wes. And a gentleman too." Tia commented as he handed her his bag. Wes blushed upon hearing what she said.  "Thank you..." he said. 

 

 

"A guy like you is so rare nowadays. Your girlfriend must be very lucky." Tia said as Wes loaded her bags into her car. "I don't have a girlfriend yet." Wes told her shyly. Tia was surprised by his answer. "Really? But you're such a sweet, handsome man. You must have a lot of lady admirers."

"I don't think so..."

"I know so. If I'm one of your classmates, I'll have a crush on you."

 

Wes was surprised upon hearing that. He was so happy that there is a chance that Tia will like him. "Really?" he said. Tia smiled and nodded her head. "I would want to have a boyfriend like you." she told him. He was happier than ever. It means that if he courted her or confessed to her, his chances are high.  "I have to go. Thank you for your help today. See you in two days!" she told him before she got inside her car. "Take care!" Wes said as he waved goodbye to her. 

 

Shortly after Tia left, Sylvia joined him. "What happened?" she asked him. Wes turned to her with a smile. "I think I have a chance with her." he said with a wide smile on her face.