Cats And Dogs

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sylvia and Wes tried to contain their laughter. Pei Ci bandaged her hand, while Sam was putting an ice pack on his face. Sam and Pei Ci kept on glaring at each other. 

 

Wes couldn't take it anymore. He had to turn his back, and laugh out loud. Sylvia also did the same thing. "What's so funny?!" Both Sam and Pei Ci shouted at them. Wes turned to face them. He pointed at Sam's injured face. "I've always wanted to do that to you, Sam. Thanks for the help, Pei Ci!" Wes said. Pei Ci gave Wes a thumbs up.

 

Sylvia turned around, and pointed at Pei Ci. "Airport." she said before bursting into laughter again. Pei Ci took a deep breath to calm herself down. "Look, baby girl. I maybe flat chested, but at least I'm handsome." Pei Ci said. "At which part? And who are you calling baby girl? My ex-girlfriend?" Sam asked angrily. 

 

Pei Ci gave Sylvia a confused look. "He's your ex-boyfriend, baby girl? You don't have a taste." Pei Ci said, pointing at Sam. Wes's already hurt from laughing too much, he had to sit down to laugh even more. "At least I'm a real guy, while you're trying hard to be a guy!" Sam told Pei Ci. "Well, at least  I understand a girl more. At least I'm not a cheater, and I don't leave the girl I love behind!" she told him. 

 

At that moment, Sylvia and Wes stopped laughing, and looked at them. Sam's face fell upon hearing what she said. Wes leaned to Sylvia, and whispered to her. "I didn't tell her anything about you and Sam, all right?" he explained. Sylvia nodded her head. "Me too..." Sylvia whispered to Wes. 

 

Sam gave Pei Ci a hurt look, while, Pei Ci still looked proudly at him. "What? Does the truth hurts? Maybe Fei Fei broke up with you because you're a cheater, huh?" she asked. Sam let out a sigh. He stood up from his chair, and left the room. The three of the just watched as Sam leaves. 

 

Wes folded his arms, and looked sternly at Pei Ci. Pei Ci gave him an annoyed look in return. "What?!" she asked. "You actually hit him where it hurts the most." Wes told her. Sylvia just let out a sigh. 

 

Sam stormed outside the classroom. Although Pei Ci had an idea of what happened between her and Sylvia, somehow, having someone tell it to his face hurt him. "At least I'm not a cheater and I don't leave the girl I love behind!" Pei Ci's words echoed in his mind. He's hurt of those words because he's guilty. After all, he left Sylvia to be with Xue Fu, right? She caught him kissing another girl. 

 

He's hurt because he's guilty. He's hurt because he hurt the girl he loves. And he's hurt because he can't explain why he made those choices to Sylvia. 

 

--

 

Win and Evan glared at Wes. Evan folded his arms as he huffed. "It's all your fault..." Evan hissed at him. Wes and Wayne looked at each other. 

 

Win pointed at Wes. "You should have not brought that Pei Ci in this school!" Win said angrily. Wes was even more confused. "I didn't bring her here. She's an exchange student, remember?" Wes explained. "And we thought she was a cute girl that we could date. Turns out, she wants to date girls too!" Evan said. He pointed at Pei Ci's direction, and saw how she is surrounded by their girl classmates. They saw one of the girls kiss Pei Ci on the cheeks. 

 

Wes and Wayne could only laugh. Now, they understand why the two were angry. "Thanks to you, Eunice don't want to date me anymore!" Win said. "Eunice doesn't want to date you in the first place." Sylvia said, popping out of nowhere in between Wes and Wayne. Wes was shocked seeing her beside them all of the sudden. "Where did you came from?" Wayne asked her. 

 

Sam, on the other hand, was trying to read his book. But the noise from the girls is distracting him. He's a bit irritated at them, especially at Pei Ci. "I'm trying to study here..." he hissed. He shot a glare at Pei Ci, and then decided to put on his headphones to drown out the noise. 

 

"Pei Ci, you're so cute!"

"Pei Ci, when will you date me?"

"If you're only a boy, you're definitely more handsome that Evan!"

"Pei Ci, you have to date me!"

 

Pei Ci just smiled. She was proud and happy with the compliments she got from the girls. She looked back at Sam, and saw the annoyed look on his face. 

 

"Ceng Pei Ci!" they all heard someone shout angrily. Wayne, Wes and Sylvia headed to the window, and saw a guy holding a bat marching to their classroom. "That's Yan Ya Lun from the other class right?" Wayne asked. Sylvia nodded her head. "Why is he looking for Pei Ci?" Sylvia asked. 

 

Ya Lun hit the door with his bat. "Come out of the classroom if you dare!" he shouted. Sam looked at Pei Ci, and smirked at her. Pei Ci let out a sigh, and then came out to face the guy. "Yes?" she said. Ya Lun looked at her blankly. "Where's Pei Ci?" he asked. "I am Pei Ci." she said. 

 

Ya Lun was surprised to see that his love rival is a girl. "You're the guy that Jenna dated this weekend?!" he asked. Pei Ci let out a proud smug as she nodded her head. Ya Lun hissed at her, and pointed his baseball bat at him. "You...  I don't care if you're a girl or a boy. Jenna is mine, so stay away from her!" Ya Lun shouted at her. 

 

Pei Ci smirked as she folded her arms. "Ah, you must be the ex-boyfriend Jenna is telling me about. The Star Player of the baseball team. And can you put down your bat? Who do you think you are? Lu Da Xiang?" she said, putting his bat down. "I'm warning you. Stay away from my girl." Ya Lun told her. 

 

"You two are through, all right? I came in the picture after you broke up. And it wasn't my fault she broke up with you!" Pei Ci told him. Ya Lun took a deep breath as he glared at her. "The problem with you is that you don't know how to treat a girl right. Just because she asks for your time, doesn't mean she's clingy." Pei Ci said. 

 

After hearing what Pei Ci said, Wes and Wayne took out their notebooks, and started to take down notes. Sylvia gave the two a confused look. "Where did those came from?" she asked, pointing at the notebook. The two just ignored her, and continued to take note of what Pei Ci is saying.

 

"Of course, you need to spend more time together. If you can't balance you time between school and baseball and your relationship with her, it will go downhill. What a girl needs is a time to be with you. She needs attention. She wants to be felt what it's like to be loved by you. So, if you really love Jenna, you will allot at least a fraction of your time to be with her. If you don't like a clingy girl, then don't date her. There's a lot of guys willing to give her time, including me" Pei Ci said proudly. 

 

Ya Lun hissed at her. He lifted his bat, and was about to hit her. "Why you..." Before he could hit Pei Ci, Sam came out, and held the bat. "A guy like you that disrespects a girl is the lowest of them all. No wonder, your girlfriend broke up with you." Sam told him.

 

Ya Lun turned to glare at him. "Yes, Pei Ci is flat chested, but she's still a girl, nevertheless." Sam added. Pei Ci gave him a shocked look and then looked at her chest. "You really have to bring that up?!" Pei Ci told him. Sam  ignored him. "If I were you, I'll put more effort in changing how I treat my girlfriend, instead of attacking the person who is treating her right." Sam said. 

 

Ya Lun pulled his bat, and glared at the two. Then, he pointed at Pei Ci. "We're not yet through..." he warned her before leaving. That was the time Pei Ci could breath properly. Then, she looked at Sam, and glared at him. "Who told you to meddle with my fight?!" she shouted at him. 

 

Sam took a deep breath. He could feel a vein forming on his forehead. "I just saved you from that guy, and this is how you thank me?" he told her. Wes, Sylvia and Wayne ran towards the two. They know the two will fight again. Sylvia pulled Pei Ci away from Sam, while Wayne pulled Sam. Wes stayed in the middle to block the two. 

 

"Guys, please stop." Wes told them. Then, Pei Ci turned to Sylvia, and hugged her. "Baby girl, I was so scared!" she cried to her. Wes sweat dropped at what she did. "Xiao Ci! Stop it!" he said trying to break the two. Sam rolled his eyes, and then left the classroom again. 

 

--

 

Sam went to the rooftop to be alone for a while. The classroom was too noisy for him. And besides, he doesn't want to see Pei Ci. He'll even be more annoyed if he sees her face. 

 

"Catch!"

 

He looked up, and saw Wes walking up to him. He through a box of milk at him. Good thing, he was able to catch the milk. Wes smiled at him, and sat beside him. "I'm sorry about Pei Ci." he began. "That friend of yours is annoying." Sam said. Wes let out a smile. "She sure is." Wes said as he drank his milk. 

 

Sam let out a sigh. "But somehow, she's right..." he told Wes. Wes looked at him as he faintly smiled. "Which part?" Wes asked. "All of it, I guess." Sam said.

 

Wes let out a sigh. "Truth hurts doesn't it?" he said. Sam remained silent. "Look, I don't know what your reason is for coming back. It may have to do with Fei Fei, or not. But one thing's for sure..." Wes said. Then, he looked at him with a serious expression. "I am not going to let you break her heart again." Wes said. 

 

Sam looked away, as he gulped his milk. "Believe me when I say I regret what I did back then..." Sam told him. "Leave Fei Fei alone." Wes told her. Sam paused for a while, and looked at him. "You chose to be with another girl. You chose to break her heart. I can't let that happen again." Wes told her. 

 

"I love her." Sam said as he looked at him. "So, you're saying now that you're no longer confused? What about the girl you're going to marry someday?" Wes asked him. Sam remained silent, unable to answer back. Then, Wes stood up from his seat. "Fei Fei's heart is not a toy that you can play with, that you can put away anytime you want. Please, just stay away from her, all right?" he said. 

 

"All I want is another chance to be with her." Sam told him. Wes let out a sigh. "You said before, life is unfair. Maybe this time, you no longer have a chance to be with her. Just let her go, and let her be happy without you." Wes told him.