Love, Hope And Home

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sister Clarisse looked at Ella and Chun and smiled at them. That morning, they had a meeting at her office regarding Stephy's adoption. "Well, what can I say? Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Wu!" the old nun told them. Ella reached for Chun's hand, and he held her hand. "Your request to adopt Stephy has been granted. You are now her new parents." Sister Clarisse said. 

 

Ella looked at Chun with tears in her eyes. "Chun...." she said. "She's finally our daughter..." he told her. Ella nodded her head. Chun put his arm around her, as they faced the old nun. "Then, we can take Stephy home? She can go to Australia with us?" Ella asked her. The old nun nodded her head. "Why don't you two go and see Stephy, and give her the good news? I'm pretty sure she would be happy if she finds out you are now her new parents." Sister Clarisse told them.

 

Chun looked at his wife. As Ella looked at him, she nodded her head. "We want to see Stephy." Chun told her. Sister Clarisse simply smiled at them. 

 

The two went out of her office, and they looked for Stephy. They found her at the playground, playing with her friends. The moment Stephy saw them, she ran to them. "Daddy Chun! Mommy Ella!" she called as she ran. Chun welcome her with a hug. "Daddy, Mommy, are you going to bring me home with you today?" she asked. Chun and Ella looked at each other, then looked at her with a smile. "We are." Ella said. "And this time, you won't be coming back here at the orphanage." Chun told her. 

 

Stephy gave them a confused look. "What do you mean?" she asked. "We're officially your mommy and daddy, Stephy." Ella said. Stephy's eyes widened with what they said. They can see her smiling, but tears filled her eyes until she simply cried. Chun let out a laugh as he hugged his daughter. "Don't cry... mommy and daddy loves you so much." Chun told her. "Thank you... thank you for adopting me..." Stephy told him. 

 

Ella's eyes were filled with tears as well. "We couldn't ask more for a daughter like you. We love you much, Stephy." Ella told her. Chun let go of her, and Stephy looked at her new parents. "From now on, you'll be Stephy Wu Xiao Rou, our daughter." Chun told her. Stephy smiled and nodded her head. Then, she hugged her parents again. "I love you, Mommy Ella and Daddy Chun!" Stephy told them. "I love you too, our dear daughter..." Ella said to her. 

 

--

 

Sylvia walked towards the rooftop, and saw Sam lying on the bench. "Hey..." she called to him. Sam looked at him, and smiled. He sat up, and let Sylvia sit next to her. "Hey... what are you doing here?" he asked her. "I guess we need to talk..." Sylvia told him. 

 

Sam let out a sigh. "Is this about you and Wes?" he asked. Sylvia nodded her head. "I want to be fair to you, Sam. The truth is, Wes is now my boyfriend..." she told him. Sam looked at her for a while, and then he smiled. "I'm happy for the two of you." he told her. 

 

She smiled back at him as she held his hand. "Sam, what he had will always be special. But our story ends here. We both should move on and try to be happy. There's no use to dwell in the past and keep hurting..." she told him. Sam let out a bitter laugh. "Funny how months ago I was in your position. And now, you're telling me that you don't love me anymore... that you chose someone else. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I made a different decision back then..." he said. "What's meant to happen, will always happen." she said. 

 

He looked at her with sadness in his eyes. "You made the right choice this time. I know Wes will never hurt you the way I did." he said. Sylvia gave him a faint smile. "One day, you will find the love you deserve and need. Sadly, I'm not that girl for you." she said. Sam nodded his head. "I will have to accept that from now on. Don't worry, I won't bother you and Wes. If friendship is the only thing you can give to me, then I'll accept it with my whole heart." he said. 

 

Sylvia smiled at him. "Thank you, Sam." she said. "Can I ask you a favor? Can I hug you one last time?" Sam asked her. Sylvia nodded her head. Then, she turned to him and gave him a hug. As he embraced her, Sam closed his eyes, trying to capture and feel their last moment together. "I don't think I will ever love someone as much as I loved you, Sylvia... I know it will take some time for me to love again. Even if you can't love me now, I know I will continue to love you until God knows when..." he thought as he hugged her. 

 

--

 

"Have you talked to Sam" Wes asked as they were walking home. Sylvia nodded her head. "So, how did he took the news?" he asked again. Sylvia let out a sigh. "Well, I know he's sad that I didn't choose him, but he wish us happiness. And I don't think he would bother us anyway." his girlfriend said. Wes let out a sigh of relief. He had always been worried about Sam, and what would happen if he found out that he and Sylvia is finally together. 

 

Wes held her hand, and squeezed it. Sylvia looked at him, and smiled. "Are you worried?" she asked. "A little..."

"What's there to worry about?"

"That he would take my girlfriend away from me by force." 

 

Sylvia smiled at him. She walked in front of him, and poked on his nose. "No one can take me away from you, remember that. As long as we love each other, we'll be together." she assured him. Wes smiled at her. He looked into her eyes, and cupped her cheek. "I promise, I'll always be by your side no matter what happens. Even if you start to hate me, or if you start to get annoyed with me. I won't leave you ever." he told her. 

 

She smiled giddily as she looked away from me. "Ah, I'm so lucky to have such a sweet boyfriend." she said aloud. Wes walked towards her, and put his arms around her. "But I'm more lucky to have you. Remember when we first met? The truth is, I was so lonely because my mom left, and I have no friends. When I saw you smile at me, and when you wanted to be friends with me, it gave me hope. You gave me hope. So, I'm lucky to have met you in this entire lifetime." he told her. 

 

Sylvia blushed at what he said. As she looked at him, she tiptoed and kissed him on the lips. Wes was surprised at what she did, and he was left stunned. "Don't be too cheesy, Zheng!" she before running away. Wes just flinched at her. "Hey, wait for me!" he shouted as he ran after her. 

 

--

 

Qin Yang sat on his bed as he stared at the picture he was holding. It was the last happy family picture he had kept, with him, Wes and his ex-wife. Fifteen years ago, his ex-wife, Jane had decided to walk out on them to be with another man. 

 

He let out a sigh. The pain is still there, and he still does not know why he's doing this. All he know is that Jane needs him, and Wes needs his mother. Maybe he still loves Jane all this time, despite all the hurt she cause him and their son. But he knew it would be too late. 

 

His train of thoughts were interrupted by the ring on his phone. He let out a sigh before answering it. "Hello? Dr. Guo, yes, I've been waiting for your call. All right, I'll check my email now. But, how's Mrs. Wang?"

 

As he listened to the person on the other line, there was a surprised look on his face. "Yes, I'll be coming back soon. Thank you for the information." he said before ending the call. 

 

"Jane, wait for me..." he thought as he looked outside the window. "Zheng still needs you..."