Ambiguous Love

Me And The Girl Next Door

Holding hands, Sylvia and Sam went back to the classroom. They found that Wes, Wayne and Diana are the only  students left in the classroom. Everyone else have gone home. "Finally, she's here! We can all go home now!" Wayne said happily. then, he noticed that Sam was holding Sylvia's hand. His jaw dropped and he gasped, as he pointed at them. "You two... why are you holding hands?" Wayne managed to say as he was shocked to see them. 

 

Both of their cheeks blushed. "Oh my God, don't tell me!" Diana shouted in glee. "Hi, I'm Sam. I'm Sylvia's boyfriend." Sam said to them. Diana and Wayne shouted with glee upon hearing what he said. Sylvia on the other hand, couldn't contain her excitement. "I'm so happy for you, Sylvia! Hey, Sam is your first boyfriend, right?" Diana said. Sylvia nodded her head. 

 

Wes kept a serious look on his face. He folded his arms as he approached Sam. Then, he gave him a threatening look. "Sam, I'm warning you. If you hurt my little sister, I will break every bone in your body. Don't you dare do anything stupid, or else." he said. He then made an I'm watching you gesture with his hand. "Zheng! Don't scare my boyfriend." Sylvia shouted at him. "Wei, are you jealous, Wes?" Wayne teased. Wes gave Wayne a proud look. "I am not. Besides, I have a date tonight with my goddess." he said proudly. 

 

Then, Wes turned to Sylvia and Sam. "So, if you don't mind, Classmate Sam, I'll take my little sister home now." he said. Sam smiled and nodded his head. Sam turned to Sylvia to say goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow, all right?" he said. Sylvia smiled sweetly at him. "I'll see you tomorrow." she replied. Just as Sam is about to kiss Sylvia's cheek, Wes blocked her face with his hand, making Sam kiss Wes' hand instead. Wayne and Diana giggled at what Wes did, while  Sylvia looked pissed at her big brother. "We'll see you tomorrow." Wes told Sam, giving him a smile. Wes took his and Sylvia's bag and dragged her out of the classroom. 

 

--

 

Wes bought a bouquet of flowers before heading to Tia's house. He rushed to Tia's house to have dinner at her place. After he knocked on her door a few times, Tia opened the door for for him. She wore a simple dress, but in his eyes, she was as beautiful as ever. Tia smiled sweetly at him as she greeted him. "I thought you'd never come." she said. "I promised to have dinner with tonight, right?" he said. 

 

Tia let him in. "Tia, for you." Wes said as he handed her a bouquet of roses."Wow, thank you, Wes. They're so beautiful." she said. "Just like you." Wes said. Tia let out a laugh. "You're such a sweet talker. Why don't you take a seat first? I'll finish up my cooking." she said before heading back to the kitchen. "Do you need any help?" Wes asked her. "No, I got this covered. Just make yourself at home." Tia said. 

 

Wes sat on the couch, and from where he is sitting, he could see Tia from the kitchen. "How's school?" Tia asked. "It's OK. We had cookie day today that's why we only had a few classes. The teachers thought we'd like to go around to give cookies to other students."

"Right, you mentioned that to me. I guess you must have received a lot of cookies from you classmates today."

"Yeah, I received a lot from my friends, and from others who wants to be my friends."

"You must be really popular in school, especially with girls."

 

Wes let out a laugh. "Not really. I am the class president, so I guess other students know who I am." he answered. "So, you didn't get any love confession today?" Tia asked. Wes shook his head. "I hid from the girls. Besides, there's a new guy that the girls in my school like. He's the victim for this year." he said. Tia let out a laugh. "Ah, you got saved this year, huh?"

"Yes. But i eventually helped  the new guy get out of it. And, I also helped Sylvia with her crush."

"Sylvia confessed to her crush?"

"Yes. And guess who have a boyfriend now."

 

Tia let out a laugh, She was happy to know that Sylvia is now in a relationship. "How about you, aren't you a little jealous?" Tia asked. Wes gave her a confused look. "Why should I be jealous?" he asked. "Because Sylvia's got a boyfriend."

"I.. I don't think I should be jealous of Sam..." 

 

Tia laughed again. "No, silly! I what I wanted to say is, don't you feel a little envious and want to have a girlfriend?" she asked. Wes blushed a little with what she said. He thought she was talking about being jealous of Sam. He remember how he felt when he watched Sam kiss Sylvia on the forehead that afternoon. "Why would I be jealous of him? Wasn't I the one who made way for them to be together?" he thought. 

 

His thought was interrupted when he heard Tia shout. "Tia?" he called. He saw her looking at her finger. He immediately ranto where she is, and checked on her. "I cut myself, sorry for startling you." she said. Wes took her hand, and take a look at the finger she cut. "Do you have a first aid kit here? We need to clean this up." he asked. "I.... I don't know where it is." Tia said. He held her hand to the faucet to wash away the blood, but the blood does not stop flowing. 

 

"It hurts..." Tia cried to him. Wes took her finger off from the faucet, and looked at it. The blood didn't stop flowing from her finger.  "I have no other choice..." he thought. He put her finger on her lips,and began to on the blood. As he was doing that, he looked at Tia, who was looking at him differently. She smiled at him seductively. Wes became conscious of what he was doing, so he stopped what he was doing, and let go of her hand. 

 

Tia moved closer to him. As he reached for him to kiss him, Wes moved back, and stopped her. "I... I'll go find the first aid kit." he said nervously. "Oh... OK. I think it's at the bathroom upstairs." Tia said disappointingly. Wes made his move, and when to the upstairs bathroom. 

 

As he closed the door behind him, he leaned to it and took a deep breath. "What just happened? What did I do?" he asked himself. He hit himself on the cheek. Everything is happening so fast for him. "Zheng, be a gentleman towards Tia, all right?" he told himself. He calmed himself first then took the first aid kit from the medicine cabinet, and went back downstairs. 

 

He found Tia sitting on a chair, trying to endure the pain from her cut. "Sorry, it took me a long time to find the first aid kit." Wes apologized. Tia smiled at him. "It's all right." she said. He knelt down in front of her. He took her hand, and cleaned her wound. Then,he put a bandaid on it. "Does it still hurt?" he asked her. "A little." she said. 

 

He looked at her and stared into her eyes. She reached for her cheek and gently caressed it. Then, she leaned down on him, and kissed him deeply on the lips. Wes responded to her kiss. He put his arm around her waist as their kiss became much deeper. 

 

--

 

"And then what?" 

 

Wayne asked the next day. They were hanging at the school's  quadrangle during that break. Wes had to tell Wayne what happened with his dinner with Tia, not to brag, but because he felt a bit guilty for kissing her, when he promised her he will kiss her again once she's his girlfriend. "Then, we had dinner. Then we kissed again." Wes said. "That's it?" Wayne interrogated. "I went home after, because it's still a school night. Do you think I should have done something else?" Wes asked innocently. 

 

"Wes, the girl you like made a first move at you!" Wayne scolded him. Wes gave him a confused look. "So?"

"You know that the kiss could lead to..."

 

At that moment, Wes hit him. He knows exactly what he meant. "I'm not as erted as you. I respect Tia, all right? That's what you get from watching too much . " he said. Then, he let out a sigh. "Besides, she's not yet even my girlfriend." he added. "Not yet your girlfriend? You mean to say, it wasn't still clear what your relationship is? If you're friends,or boyfriend and girlfriend, or if you're friends with benefits? And yet, you two kissed?" Wayne asked. Wes let out another sigh. "We never got to talk about it." he said. "Because you two are busy kissing?" Wayne asked. Wes nodded his head. 

 

It was Wayne's turn to let out a sigh. "Aiyo, it's hard to have an ambiguous relationship. At least give your relationship with her some label and clarity." Wayne said. "How about you, what's your relationship with Diana anyway?" Wes asked him. "At least, it's clear that me and Diana are friends. Best of friends. Super best friends. And that two, at least their relationship is clear as well." Wayne said, pointing at Sylvia and Sam, who were walking hand in hand towards the cafeteria. 

 

Wes watched the two. He still doesn't know why whenever he sees them together, he feels jealous. "I wanted to think the reason I'm like this is because I feel jealous of them." Wes said. "I guess that's normal. Imagine, for the past 9 years, you have always been by Sylvia's side. You were like a brother to her. Then, suddenly, she got herself a boyfriend. She would spend much of her time with Sam rather than hang out with you. Of course, it's normal for you to be jealous. If my little sister also got herself a boyfriend, I know I will be jealous too." Wayne explained. 

 

Wes was silent as he looked at Sylvia. Maybe Wayne's right. "But, Wes, you need to clear your relationship with Tia. And you need to be sure that you're OK with the kind of relationship she wants. As your friend, I don't want to see you get hurt in the end." Wayne said. "How about you? Are  you really sure you don't want to tell Diana you like her." Wes asked. Wayne smiled and shook his head. "I'm OK. Don't worry about me." 

"You don't like to see your friends get hurt, but you keep on having your heart broken."

"I told you. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. If she only see me as a friend, then I'm contented with it."

"What if she also feels the same way?"

 

Wayne paused as she watched Diana walked towards their direction. "I doubt it. I'm not even her type." he said sadly. Then, Diana approached him. "Wayne, guess what?" she excitedly asked him. "What is it?" Wayne asked. "Senior Sean asked me out on a date! Isn't that great?" she said. Wes could see in Wayne's eyes how his heart is being torn apart, but he managed to ut a happy face in front of Diana. "That's great! See, I told you he would ask you out. You have to be really pretty on your date, all right?" Wayne told her. Diana smiled happily, and nodded her head. 

 

Then, she left the two. Wes could see the smile on Wayne's face slowly fade. "Ouch..." Wes said as he put his arm around him. Wayne could only sigh. 

 

--

 

Wes found himself in front of Tia's door that afternoon. He wasn't sure if she's around, but if she is, he wants to talk to her. He wanted to clear whatever it is that's going on between them. After a few knocks, Tia opened the door. 

 

"Wes!" Tia smiled happily as she gave him a hug. Then, she gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Can we talk?" he asked. Tia gave him a seductive smile. "Can we kiss first? I miss you." she said as he put her arms around him. She reached up to him, and kissed him. Wes gave in at first, but eventually broke their kiss. This made her confused. "Is there something wrong?" she asked. Wes looked into her eyes. "What am I to you?" he asked. Tia fell silent at his question. "What is our relationship? Do you like me too? Are you my girlfriend? I'm confused, because we kiss so many times, and you flirt with me." Wes said. 

 

Tia let go of him, and let out sigh. As she turned her back on him, she folded her arms. "I like you, Tia. I really like you a lot. Do you feel the same way?" he asked. Tia felt guilty. She knew in her heart she wanted to be with Wes, but some things are complicated for her right now. 

 

She turned around to face him. "I like you, Wes. I really do. But as for a relationship, I don't think I'm ready for that now." she said. Wes felt his heart sank at what she said. "Oh.." he muttered. Tia could see the sad expression on his face. She caressed his cheek as she turned his face to hers. "But I really like you. I like having your company. I enjoy every minute of it. When we're apart, I start to miss you. I want to be by your side."

"But you can't be my girlfriend?"

"Not yet. There are things that I need to focus on for now. Like my career. If my manager find out I have a boyfriend, I might lose my job. You also need to focus on your studies. You do understand, right?"

 

Wes let out a sigh, and nodded his head. "I understand how important your career is. I understand how busy you are with both your jobs and studies." he said. Tia gave him a smile. "Then, what are we right now?" he asked again. Tia paused think. "Let's just say, we're more than friends, almost like boyfriend and girlfriend. But without the commitment yet. Is that OK with you?" she said. 

 

Although Wes isn't happy with her answer, he accepted it. He wants to be with her after all. If that is all Tia could offer now, he'll accept it. Hopefully, when she is ready, they can have a real relationship. At least for now, he knows where he stand in his life. At least, there is a label, and the relationship is a little bit  clearer. 

 

"If that's what you want, then I agree to it." he said. He pus his arms around her waist, and leaned down to give her a long kiss on the lips.