Secret Love

Me And The Girl Next Door

Wes was sitting outside of his house with a guitar in his hand. Then, he began to strum it, and sang a song.

 

It's best to let the gift lie peacefully in my pocket
At the same time you and him are joyfully chatting
But this word friendship cannot describe my emotions
Moods are up to you to decide

The earphone gently kisses my ear, listens to endless love
What suits us is never romantic

You cannot love, my love, I understand
The one you love the most, that spot, when will I be there?
I cannot love, your love is hurt
Therefore I'd rather wait peacefully

 

"Ah, my big brother sings well!" he heard Sylvia tell him. He looked up at her, and smiled. "Fei Fei..." he said. Sylvia then sat beside him. "It's been a long time since I last heard you sing. Are you preparing for the the talent show?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "Wayne wanted the HongJin duo to join." Wes said proudly. "Then, me and Diana will show our support to the HongJin duo!" Sylvia said. 

 

Wes turned his attention to his guitar, and played a few notes. "Have you decided what to sing for the talent show?" Sylvia asked. Wes let out a sigh. "I want to sing 'Will Not Love' by Fahrenheit but Wayne wanted to do an S.H.E. song." Wes said. Sylvia laughed at what he said. "What? Ah, I think Wayne loves Hebe more than anything else in this world." she said. "Hebe is his idol, that's why." 

"And what song does he want to sing?"

"Either 'Electric Shock' or 'Faraway'"

"But both songs are too high...."

"That's the point."

"Then, how about you play 'Super Style' by SpeXial?"

 

Wes raised an eyebrow at her. "You're suggesting the song because you really like their leader, don't you?" he asked. "He is handsome, but not as handsome as Da Dong." Sylvia said. Wes flinched in pain. "Hey, can you sing for me?" Sylvia suggested to him. "Sure, what song do you have in mind?" Wes asked. 

 

Sylvia thought for a while, and then she smiled as she thought of a song. "Can you sing 'Silent Love'?" she suggested. Wes nodded his head, and then began to play the song she requested. 

 

This is a problem without an answer 
I feel that I’ve changed, who changed me 
So this is a problem without an answer 
But you unraveled me, simply unravel

You came over bringing other people’s various dialogue 
You even didn’t let me know how good you are to me

Slowly, this love silently lives on 
Deeply, in your heart no one can see 
Silently, but continuously 
It’s your silent love

Slowly, this love already became depended on 
A superficial smile making me full of expectations 
You don’t need to speak, I’ll understand enough 
Your silent love

 

Wes stared at Sylvia, and saw her smiling with her eyes closed as she listed to him sing. He could feel his heart beating loudly as he stared at her. Then, Sylvia opened her eyes, and looked at him. There was a curious look on her face. "Why did you stop?" she asked. Wes looked away. "N-n-nothing. I just realized, I want to sing another song. Break it down, break it down!"

Wes strummed furiously as he sang off key. He was scared that Sylvia would see through him. Then, he heard her laugh. "Cute laugh..." he thought. "You're ruining the song." she said. "Well, I am much better than SpeXial's leader, am I?" he asked. Sylvia pouted and shook her head. "Sorry, their leader is better than you." she said. 

--

"Dong Cheng Wei!"

Both Wayne and Diana said at the same time, as they rushed to the rack of CDs at the music store. "Ah, I love Xiu!" Diana said as she took the CD from the rack. "He's the coolest! I want to be like him, if I become a rocker." Wayne said. Diana looked at him and smiled. "I can't imagine you being a rocker." she said. Wayne pouted at her. "But why?"

"You're voice is too sweet when you sing. Can you even do those throat scratching shouts those rockers make." 

"Maybe I can."

"But I prefer that you sing sweetly though."

 

Wayne blushed at what she said. "You like it when I sing sweetly?" he asked. Diana nodded her head. "You have a soothing and calming voice. When I listen to you, it felt like I'm listening to a lullaby." she said. Wayne blushed even more with what she said. 

 

"Well, let me ask you. If you would request me to sing a song, what would it be?" Wayne asked her. Diana paused for a while to think. "Hmmmm... I don't know. You can sing any song, and I would automatically like it." she said. "Just like how I like you so much." she added in her thoughts. "Then, if Zheng and I join the talent show for the school festival, you'll watch me, right?" Wayne asked shyly. "Of course, I'll support you and Zheng. Have you thought of what song to sing?" Diana asked. Wayne shook his head as he smiled awkwardly. 

 

"I'm pretty sure whatever song you pick, you two will still win. You two are really good singers." Diana complimented him. Wayne blushed even harder, it's difficult to hide his very pink cheeks. Then, the two of them heard a song playing. "Ah, I like this song!" Diana said. Wayne paused as he listened to that song. Then, he smiled to himself. 

Every word in the lyrics somehow speaks to her. And the melody is very romantic. Not to mention, the lyrics just reminded him of what he feels for Diana. "Do you really like this song?" Wayne asked Diana said. "I love this song." Diana concluded. Then, Wayne let out a smile. Guess he just found the song he and Wes could sing at the talent show.

--

"Well, I like it too. But let's not worry about the talent show for now. Let's worry about the sportsfest, all right?" Wes said as he handed him back Wayne's earphone. The two of them were alone at the classroom that morning as the girls were buying their breakfast. "But we can sing this, right?" Wayne asked. Looking at him, Wayne was so eager for them to sing that song at the talent show. "Why a sudden interest in this song. Let me guess, because of Diana?" he asked. 

Wayne just smiled like a giddy school boy. Wes wanted to laugh, but he guess, this is what love does to a person. "Just please, let's sing this one, all right?" Wayne pleaded. "All right. I'll find the chords for that, then we'll sing it at the talent show." Wes said.

Just then, they saw Dylan walk inside their room with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. "What is this guy doing here again?" Wayne said, giving him a death glare. "Is that for Sunnee or for Diana?" Wes asked. Wayne shrugged his shoulders. "Why would he give Sunnee flowers? They're sworn enemies, remember?" Wayne told him. 

Wes wanted to tell him what he noticed the date Dylan and Sunnee were stuck in the stock room. He looked at Sunnee with worry in his eyes. If he despises Sunnee, he wouldn't held her close to him when she passed out. Or maybe he's just imagining things. But that day, why did Dylan insisted to carry Sunnee by himself at the clinic, and even ask them to leave, with him staying behind.

"Where's Diana?" Dylan asked as he approached the two. "She's not here. Why are you looking for her?" Wes asked. "I want to give them these flowers." Dylan said. Wes looked at Wayne, and saw him look away. He knew his friend is a little bit hurt because he had another love rival, but that's what he get for not speaking out his true feelings. "Are you courting Diana?" Wes asked. "I like her. Can't I court her?" Dylan said. 

Wes let out a sigh, then stood up from his seat. Then, he folded his arms to face the student council president. "Dylan, Diana is my childhood friend. I'm not sure what your intentions are, but if she already said no, she means it." Wes told him firmly. Dylan let out a smirk. "And I thought you're only protective of Sylvia?" Dylan said. "I'm protective to all of my friends. If you won't leave Diana alone, you'll get it from me." Wes said. 

Wayne stood up from his seat, and tried to pull Wes. "Wes..." he called him. Dylan let out a sigh. "I'll just come back once Diana is around." Dylan told him. Dylan turned around and walked out of the classroom, but not before taking a quick glance at Sunnee's desk. Wes has noticed it, and made him wonder what kind of game this guy is playing. 

Wayne sighed with relief. "And I thought you'll punch him in the face." he said. Wes looked at him, and raised an eyebrow. "I will punch you if you don't protect Diana. Seriously, you should stand up for her." he scolded him. "I'm scared of Dylan."

"But you're not scared of me?"

"But I'd rather be punched in the face by you, than be hurt by Dylan."

 

Wes let out a sigh. "Do you really love Diana?" he asked. Wayne nodded his head. "With all my heart." he said. "If you don't want to tell her how you feel, then you can be stronger to protect her. I know that guy has something in his mind. You don't want Diana to get hurt in the end, right?" Wes asked. Wayne nodded his head. "Then, can you do me a favor, and always keep an eye on her?" Wes asked. "I will try my best. But I'm really scared of Dylan."

"Do you think I'm not?"

"But you we're so brave in front of him."

"Of course I'm faking it."

Wayne let out a laugh. "When you want to protect someone, you become stronger..." Wes said. "Is that why you became stronger, because of Sylvia?" Wayne asked. Wes felt his blood drained from his face, for Wayne must have known how he feels for Sylvia. Then, he let out a nervous laugh. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Because you love Sylvia..." 

 

Wes became even more paler. "... because she's your little sister. You care for her, so you decided to be stronger. You love and care for all your friends. Isn't that right, Wes?" Wayne said innocently. Wes could breath in relief. "Y-yes. You're right. I love all of my friends." he said nervously. "Then, from now on. I'll be stronger for Diana. And also for my friends." Wayne said. Wayne smiled at him, and gave him a thumbs up. 

 

--

 

The classes has ended, and Diana is walking alone towards the school gate. Then, she saw Dylan by the gate with a bouquet of flowers. She was surprised to see him. "Oh no, he must be waiting for me..." she thought. She slowly retreated back her steps, but it was too late. Dylan had already seen her. 

 

"Diana!" he called her. Diana was annoyed. She already turned the guy down, but he is persistent. She let out a sigh as she turned to face him. "Hi Dylan!" she said as she forced a smile. Dylan walked towards her, and handed her the flowers. "For you." he said. Diana looked at the flowers, then back at Dylan. "You shouldn't have, Dylan..." she said. "But I want to. When I  saw them, they reminded me of you. They're just as beautiful as you are." Dylan told her. 

 

Diana smiled politely at him. "I'm really sorry, Dylan. I can't accept the flowers because I don't want to go out on a date with you." she said. Dylan gave her a curious look. "Why?" 

"I don't like you that way."

"Then, in what way do you like me then?"

 

Diana is getting more annoyed with his persistent. "Look, I don't even know why you like me. There are other girls more pretty than me in this school. Why not ask them out." she said. "Because the only girl I want to date is you. I'm not interested in them. I'm more interested in you." he said. "But why? We're not even close. I don't think we talked more than five words before!" she said. 

 

Dylan walked closer to her, and Diana could only step back as he got nearer. "Then, get to know me first before saying no to me. Don't you think we look good together?" he asked as he made further step. "I really can't like you, I'm sorry." Diana said. "Just give it a chance, Diana. I promise to be the perfect boyfriend." Dylan pleaded. Diana is getting even more annoyed. "I like Wayne, not you!" she thought. 

 

As Wayne was walking to the school gate, he saw Dylan and Diana together. He felt a little hurt, until she saw the annoyed look on Diana's face. "She doesn't like Dylan, right? Why is Dylan insisting on a date with her?" he thought. Then, he remembered his promise to Wes, that he will be stronger to protect her. At that moment, he decided it's time to fulfill his promise. 

 

Sunnee was also walking towards the school gate, when she saw Wayne. "P'Wayne!" she called. But Wayne did not looked back at her. Instead, she saw him run towards Diana and Dylan. 

 

" No, I'm not really interested in giving you a chance!" Diana told him. "I won't stop until you say yes." Dylan told her. "You do know this is harassment? I'll tell this to Wes!" she told her. Then, she felt someone grab her hand. As she looked up, she saw Wayne by her side. "Stop bothering her." Wayne told off Dylan. Then, she pulled Diana, and they ran together outside the school. 

 

When Sunnee saw Wayne ran with Diana, she suddenly felt sad. "Well, I guess for P'Wayne, P'Diana is important... she said. She let out a sigh as she hang her head low. "How can I win to her anyway?" she thought. Then, she retreated back inside the school. 

 

As Dylan looked at the other side, he saw the sad look on Sunnee's face. "I failed..." he thought. He watched her as she went back inside the school. He felt sad seeing her sad as well. His plans didn't work. "Don't worry, my little sun, I promise to give you the happiness you want. I'll make sure Diana will be out of your way." he thought. Then, he decided to follow her back inside the school. 

 

--

 

Diana and Wayne ran outside the school to get away from Dylan. As they were running, she looked at her hand, which Wayne is still holding. She felt giddy as she looked at his hand. "Can you hold my hand forever, and run away with me?" she thought. She smiled to herself as they kept running. 

 

They got tired eventually, and had to stop to catch their breath. "Did we lost him?" Wayne asked as he looked back at her. Diana lowered her head to hide her blushing cheeks. "I think so..." she said as she nodded his head. "He's so bothersome. He shouldn't badger you like that. If you said no to a date, then it means no." Wayne told her. Diana just nodded her head. 

 

Her eyes were locked at their hands. Even if they stopped running, Wayne is still holding her hands. "Thank you for saving me..." she said. "My prince charming..." she added in her thought. "Of course, I will save you. I will protect you because I love you." he said. 

 

Diana was surprised at what he said. He was surprised as well. He can't let Diana know what he truly feels. "As a friend. I love you as a friend" he added. Diana was a little disappointed at the words he added. He thought he loved her more than that. But still, she's happy because she knew he love her, even if it's not the kind of love she expected. 

 

"That was close..." Wayne thought. Then, he looked at her. "But if you only knew how much I love you, Diana... I wish I could have the chance to hold your hand forever." he thought. Then, Diana gave him a hug. She held him close to her for a long time. Wayne's cheeks flustered as they hugged each other. "Diana..." he said. "I love you as a friend too..." she told him. Then, she closed her eyes as she smiled. "I really love you, Wayne, even if you only see me as a friend..." she added in her thoughts. 

 

--

 

Dylan found Sunnee alone at the school garden. Although he can only see her back, he know she's crying. From where he is standing, he could hear her muffled sobs. 

"My little sun is crying..." he thought sadly as he watched her. It breaks his heart being this sad. He wanted to go to her, and comfort her, but he coudn't do that. He is the person she hated the most, even if he feels the opposite. "I promise..." he said to himself. "I'll work hard to see that sunny smile in your face again."