Fight For Love

Me And The Girl Next Door

[Flashback]

 

Nine Years Old. 

 

Sylvia sat at the pavement, crying uncontrollably. That day, her mother got mad at her for breaking her favorite vase. It wasn't her fault anyway. Her older sister pushed her while they were fighting, making the vase fall from its pedestal, but still, she was blamed. 

 

She felt someone sat beside her. "Don't cry..." she heard someone say. Wes looked at her, and patted her head. "It's not your fault, so don't cry anymore." he told her calmly. "But... But mommy darling... is mad... at me..." she managed to say in between sobs. 

 

"Here..." Wes said, handing him a paper butterfly he made. "Wish on it that your mommy darling won't be mad at you anymore, so that you can be happy, all right?" Wes said. Sylvia took the paper butterfly. She closed her eyes, and made a wish. As she opened her eyes, a butterfly fluttered around her. That was enough to make her smile. 

 

"See, your smiling now!" Wes said as he wiped the tears from her cheek. "I know your mommy won't be mad at you anymore." Wes said. She smiled at him, and then hugged him. "Thank you, Zheng! Thank you for making me smile!" she told him. Wes just let out a laugh. "Silly girl!" he said as he patted her head again. 

 

--

 

Fourteen Years Old. 

 

Sylvia squeezed her way through the crowd. As soon as she got in, she looked for her name on the list of students on the board. "135, 128, 110, 98, 85, 75, 68, 50th!" she gaped. "I can't believe it... I'm on 50th place? I got in on top 100!" she thought. 

 

The, she looked for Wes' name. "48, 32, 12, 9! Zheng's on the ninth place! He got in the top 10!" she thought happily. She made her way out of the crowd, and then she saw Wes standing behind the crowd. "Zheng! You're top 9!" she said happily at him. 

 

Wes was surprised at what she said. "Seriously?" he asked in disbelief. Sylvia smiled and nodded his head. "I wasn't expecting that. How about you?" Wes asked. "I'm 50th!" she said. Wes' smiled widened upon hearing that. "Really? You ranked up! I'm so happy for you, Fei Fei!" he said. He held her hand and both of them jumped up and down. 

 

"Me too! Mommy darling would be happy! It's because of your tutoring that I ranked up! Thank you, Zheng!" she said. After they stopped jumping, Sylvia hugged him. 

 

 

--

 

Sixteen Years Old. 

 

"Wes, I like you..."

 

Wes looked at the girl in front of him. The girl looked down on her feet as she handed him her cookies. "Will you go out on a date with me?" she asked. Wes hesitated for a while. "Juno, I..."

 

Sylvia saw Wes and Juno together, and the way it looks, it seems that she's confessing to him. She didn't like Juno, after all, both of them always clashes. "I didn't know that she likes my big brother..." she thought. She saw Wes smile at her, and then hug her. Seeing that made her feel upset. A scowl formed of her face before stomping her way out of that scene. 

 

"Fei Fei!"

 

She heard someone call her. She looked back, and saw Wes following her. "What?!" she shouted angrily at her. "Wes gave her a confused look. "Are you mad?" 

"I'm not mad! Go back to your girlfriend, and don't follow me ever again!"

 

She walked away from him, but Wes followed her. "What girlfriend?" he asked. Sylvia folded her arms. "Who else, but Juno!" she shouted. Then, she heard him laugh. She look back at him with confusion. "Juno's not my girlfriend!" Wes told her. This time, it's her turn to be confused. "But...didn't she... didn't you...

 

"I rejected her." Wes said. "But... why?" she asked. "My sister doesn't like her. And I don't want my sister to be sad. She's pretty, and I admit, I like her, but what's important for me is my little sister." he said. Sylvia pouted as she looked down on her feet. "You rejected her because of me?" she asked. "I want my girlfriend and my best friend to get along. It's impossible for the two of you to get along, right? And besides, she told me she's going to move to another school..." Wes said. 

 

Sylvia looked up at him, and slowly smiled. "So, you're not mad anymore?" Wes asked. Sylvia nodded her head. "Then, can I have my cookies now?" he asked as he extended his hand. Sylvia laughed as she gave him his five cookies.

 

--

 

Eighteen Years Old. 

 

The thunder roared once again, and Sylvia covered her ears. In between her fear of thunder, and her heartbreak, the only thing she could do is cry. She hugged her knees as she stayed inside the play tunnel. She just want to hide from the world, and just cry. She felt stupid that day, thinking Sam would want to be with her. But instead, she found him kissing another girl. 

 

The heavy rain poured, and it only made her cry even more. A lighting lined the sky, and she was getting even more scared. Then, it was followed by thunder once again. She looked at her phone beside her. It lights up, and Wes' name flashed on the screen. It only made her cry even more. Why didn't she listen to him when he said not to find Sam? Will her big brother blame her? 

 

"Fei Fei?" 

 

She heard Wes' voice calling him. "Zheng...." she thought as she cried harder. It's a mystery how he knew she'd run here and hide. But still, he was able to find her. Before she knew it, Wes was looking over her from outside. "Fei Fei..." he called her. As she looked into his face, she cried again. He held her hand, and pulled her out of the tunnel. 

 

"I've been looking for you." he said in a worried tone. As the thunder roared, she could only hug him and bury her face on his chest. As the rain fall down on them, she let it wash away her tears. She knew it was cold, but Wes' hug made her feel warm. 

 

"Sssshhhh.... it's all right. Big brother is here..." he told her as she cried. She tried to stop crying, and then looked at him. "Thank you for finding me..." she wanted to tell him. But before she could speak, she fainted. 

 

--

 

[End of Flashback]

 

Sylvia smiled to herself as she remembered those memories with Wes. How can she not remember, with every milestones in life, whether good or bad, Wes had always been there for him. When she's sad, it's Wes that comforts her. Wes knows how to appease her when she's upset. And when she's happy, the first person she thought of sharing her happiness with is him. 

 

"I'm sure now..." she said to herself. "I'm sure now, more than ever. I love you, Zheng. And I want to be with you..." she whispered. 

 

--

 

"Coming!"

 

Wes rushed to the door, and opened it. He saw Sylvia smiling at him as she opened the door. "Fei Fei..." he said. His cheeks blushed upon seeing him. "Hi! Are you busy?" she asked. Wes shook her head. "Nope. I just finished chatting with Aunt Melody and Dad. What brought you here?" Wes asked her. 

 

Sylvia smiled as she blushed. "I... I know Ella jie and Chun ge had gone out on a date, so I brought you lunch..." she said. Wes blushed as he looked at the lunch box Sylvia brought. The truth is, Chun had left some food for him, but between Chun's food and Sylvia's food, he'd gladly choose the latter. 

 

"Oh, good timing. I'm hungry right now. Do you want to join me for lunch?" Wes asked her. Sylvia looked at him, and smiled. "Can I?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "I'm not used to eating lunch  alone, so if it's OK with you..." he said. 

 

He let Sylvia in, and prepared the food. He then served the food Chun cooked early on, and the lunch Sylvia made. "Is this what Chun ge cooked for you?" Sylvia asked him. Wes nodded his head. "I hope you don't mind if I'll be selfish and eat this lunch you made all by myself." Wes told her as he sat opposite her. "It's all right. After all, I cooked it for you." Sylvia said, still blushing as she looked at him. 

 

Wes opened the lunch box, and saw how yummy and cute the lunch she prepared is. "Whoa, I feel so special because of this lunch..." he thought as he smiled to himself. Then, he looked at Sylvia, who was eating silently. "I feel so loved!" he thought dreamily. 

 

He took his chopsticks, and tasted the food she cooked. "It tastes so heavenly! Did she really make this for me? She made it so special... Am I really special for her? I feel she made this with love. Wait, then does that mean..." he thought. He looked at her again. As their eyes met, he could see the pink color on her cheeks. "Does she finally feel the same way for me? Have I won her heart? Come to think of it, she only makes me lunch when it's a school day, and not on a weekend. And it's not as elaborate as this lunch she made. Does this mean, she loves me?" he thought. 

 

He felt his heart began to beat fast again. "If she does, then I'm going to be the happiest guy alive! I promise to be a really good boyfriend to her. I'll study hard and work hard for our future. I'm going to be a doctor someday, so I can take care of her always. Then, I'll give her her dream wedding, we'll have a daughter, a son, a cat and we'll live right here in Willow street!" he thought. 

 

"Zheng..."

 

He heard her call. He looked at her, and saw her laughing at her. "You're a mess. And you're smiling goofily." she said. She took a tissue, and reached to his face to wipe it. As she wiped his face, their eyes met again. This time, Wes gazed into her eyes, and held her hand. 

 

"Fei Fei..." he called her name. Sylvia smiled at him. "I... I..."

 

"We're back!"

 

The door opened, and Chun and Ella came inside the house, together with Stephy. Wes could feel a vein popping in his forehead. He was enjoying her happy moment with Sylvia, and Chun had to come back. "We're so tired! Hey, do we still have food?" Chun said as he headed to the kitchen. 

 

"Wes ge ge, your lunch box looks cute!" Stephy commented. She took a heart shaped patty, and ate it. Wes' face became pale as he watched her ate the patty. "I was saving that one..." he cried. "But... that's for Zheng..." Sylvia said faintly, as if wanting to cry. 

 

"Aiyo, it's just food. Don't worry, I'll whip up some dessert for the two of you later." Chun said as he sat next to Wes. He took his heart shaped omelet from the lunch box, making Wes wanting to cry. "But...but... that's mine..." he cried. 

 

Ella wanted to laugh, but she knew they barged in at a wrong time. She cleared , and it got her husband's attention. "Baobei, I want pizza." she told him. "We'll get pizza later." Chun said as he took Wes' lunch box, and ate the food. Stephy sat beside him, and ate as well. 

 

Ella could see the pale faces of Wes and Sylvia, and she knew she had to stop her food-monster husband. "But I want pizza now." she said, looking sternly at him. Wes looked at Chun, and saw the scared look on his face. "Well, I'm about to call for delivery now. Wait for me, baobei." he said as he stood up from his chair. He took Stephy with him as they left Wes and Sylvia alone. "They ate my lunch..." Wes thought sadly at his empty lunch box.

 

Ella smiled as she shook her head. "We just ruined the perfect for these two. I'm so sorry, Fei Fei and Zheng..." she thought as she smiled. 

 

--

 

"Why are you looking for me?"

 

Sam asked as he approached Pei Ci at the school garden. Pei Ci turned to face him, with a smug look on her face. She folded her arms as she approached him. "Look, I don't know why you came back for Sylvia, but here's the thing. Stay away from her." she said. 

 

Sam stared for a while, then let out a laugh. This made Pei Ci confused. "And what will you do if I won't leave her alone?" he asked. Pei Ci thought for a while. "I don't know...pulp you to death?" she said. Sam laughed again. "You? Pulp me to death? You have tiny hands, and tiny legs. How can you do that?" he asked. Pei Ci looked angrily at him. "Don't underestimate me!" she told him. 

 

Sam let out a sigh. "You just wasted my precious time..." he said as he turned around to leave. "Fight me." Pei Ci told him. Sam paused, as he snickered. "This creature is out of her mind!" he thought. Then, he turned to face her. "Did Wes asked you to do this?" he asked. "Why would I bring up Zheng ge here. I'm fighting for my love for Fei Fei!" Pei Ci declared to him. 

 

"You're nuts." Sam said. "Fight me. If I won, you'll leave Fei Fei alone, and let her be with me."

"Are you serious? You do know Sylvia is not into girls!"

"But I know she likes me!"

 

Sam paused, and looked at her. He decided to give in to her.  "All right. I'll fight with you. If you win, I'll leave Fei Fei alone. And if you lose...." he said before smirking at her. "You'll be my slave for the rest of your stay here in Dong Han, understood?" he said. Pei Ci smirked as she extended her hand. "Deal!" she said. Sam took her hand. "Prepare to lose." he told her. 

 

--

 

"Zheng! Fei Fei! Zheng! Fei Fei!"

 

Wayne rushed inside the classroom, and saw his girlfriend, Wes and Sylvia together. "Thank you for buying me this juice..."  Wes told Sylvia as he opened the bottled juice he's holding. As soon as Wayne approached the two, he was catching his breath. "Xiao Jin, what happened to you?" Diana asked. 

 

Wayne took the bottled juice from Wes' hand, and drank it all up. Wes could only watch helplessly as Wayne drank up the juice Sylvia gave him. "Wayne! That's Zheng's drink!" Sylvia scolded him. "I know, but that's not important right now. What's important is someone is fighting at the dojo right now!" Wayne said. 

 

"Who?" The three asked in unison. 

 

--

 

Sam and Pei Ci faced each other at the dojo. "Are you ready to die?" she asked as he folded her arm. Sam let out a smirk. "Are you ready to be my slave?" he asked. Pei Ci stretched her arms, and made her stance. Sam did the same. 

 

Before they could start, they saw Wayne, Diana, Sam and Sylvia enter the dojo. "What are you doing?!" Wes shouted angrily at them. "You know fighting isn't allowed here, right?" he asked them again. "Shut up!" Both Sam and Pei Ci shouted at him. "I'm not allowing this!" Wes said sternly to them. Before he could make a step, Pei Ci stopped him.

 

"Look, I'm doing this for baby girl." Pei Ci said. Wes gave him a confused look. "Baby girl, this fight is for you. I love you." Pei Ci said as she gave her a flying kiss. A sweat drop formed on Sylvia's forehead, while Wes shivered.  "But, what about me? I thought you love me too?" Diana asked with a pout. Wayne gave his girlfriend a bewildered look. "Diana Wang!" he shouted as he pouted. Pei Ci gave her a thumbs up as she winked. 

 

"Wait, who do you really like? Sylvia or Diana?" Sam asked in confusion. Pei Ci smirked as she looked at him. "Both." she said. Then she threw a punch on his stomach, making him fall on the floor. "Go, Xiao Ci!" Wes cheered. Wayne could only look at him sternly, before Wes stopped. 

 

"Not fair!" Sam said as he stood up. He threw a punch, but Pei Ci blocked it. Then, she kicked him  on the shin, making him fall again. Sam stood up to attack, but Pei Ci threw another punch, making him fall again. As Sam stood up, he caught her arm as she was about to make another attack. He pulled her over, making her fall on the floor. He pinned her on the ground, and she was unable to move. 

 

"Pei Ci!" the four shouted. "Don't hurt her!" Wes told Sam. Sam looked at Wes, then back at Pei Ci. "Of course, I won't hurt her." he said. "Let me go, you ert!" Pei Ci said as she struggled from his grip. Sam smirked at her. "Remember what I told you the last time? I'm going to make you a girl. And I'm going to do it now." 

 

Then, he leaned on her. Pei Ci's eyes widened as Sam kissed her on the lips.