She's Pretty

Me And The Girl Next Door

Wes walked up to the rooftop, and saw Sam and Sylvia facing each other.He made a step as Sam caressed her cheek. "I love you so much, Sylvia." he told her. Wes saw Sylvia smile back at him. "I love you too, Sam." Wes heard Sylvia say. He saw Sam lean to her as he lifted her chin. Slowly, Sam's lips touched hers. At this point, Wes ran towards Sam's direction. He pushed Sam away from Sylvia, and then hit him in the face, making Sam fall down on the ground. 

 

"Sam!" Sylvia shouted. She immediately ran towards to help him. Then Sylvia looked up at him, and angrily stared at her. "Why did you do that, Zheng?" she shouted at her. Wes couldn't answer Sylvia's question. All he knew is that he doesn't want Sam to kiss her. "He... he's trying to kiss you! I'm just trying to protect you!" Wes said. "Of course he is trying to kiss me! He's my boyfriend!" she shouted angrily at him.

 

Sylvia helped Sam to stand up, and then she walked up to Wes. "I hate you! I hate that you always get in my way! Stop being too protective of me!" she shouted angrily at him again. Wes had never seen Sylvia this angry at him. "Let's go, Sam." Sylvia said as he held to Sam's arms. Wes could only watch as Sylvia and Sam walk away from him. He reached out his hand as he shouted her name. 

 

"Fei Fei!"

 

Wes sat up on his bed. He slowly opened his eyes, and when he realized everything is just a dream, he let out a sigh of relief. "It was just a bad dream..." he thought. He got out of his bed, and went outside of his balcony. He looked at Sylvia's room, and then let out another sigh. "I don't want to lose you..." he thought. He admit that lately, he's always getting in the way of Sam and Sylvia, especially when Sam tries to kiss her. He admit he's becoming ore jealous whenever he sees the two of  them together, and until now, he doesn't understand why. The last thing he want to happen is for Sylvia to be angry at her, and ultimately break their friendship. 

 

He went back inside his room. He sat in front of his study desk, and then took a piece of paper. He wants Sylvia to be happy, and if it's Sam that makes her happy, then so be it. All he can do right now, is to watch over her, and be there for her always. 

 

--

 

It was the day of Sylvia and Sam's date. 

 

Sylvia stood  in front of the mirror as she tried out different dresses from her closet. Despite the fact that she have tried all of her clothes, she wasn't satisfied as she felt she don't look good in her clothes. "Ah, what do I wear?" she said in frustration as she sat on her bed. Then she heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" she shouted. The door opened, and Tia walked inside her room. "Hey Sylvia! I heard from Wes you need help today, so I decided to come." Tia told her. Sylvia's face lightened up upon seeing her. Tia was her savior from her wardrobe problems. "Tia jie!" Sylvia ran up to her and the two hugged. 

 

"Ah, I see you're trying on a lot of clothes today,, huh?" Tia said as she noticed her clothes on her bed. "I am, but I can't find the right clothes that will make me look cute." Sylvia said with a pout. Tia stared at her clothes on the bed. "What are you too planning anyway?" Tia asked. "Movie and dinner... I'm not sure." Sylvia said. "Well, a dress would be nice to wear, but you need to  be comfortable as well." Tia said. Then, she noticed a pink blouse at the other side of her bed. She took it, and then handed it to Sylvia. "Here, this would be cute on you. Wear that one, and this skirt too. Then I'll fix your hair and make up, all right?" Tia said. Sylvia took the dress as she nodded her head. 

 

Sylvia returned wearing the clothes Tia gave her. She sat in front of her vanity, while Tia fixed her up. "Are you excited for your date today?" Tia asked. Sylvia smiled. "I am."

"This is your first date with your boyfriend, right?"

"Yes it is."

"Then, don't worry, I'll make you really pretty today."

Sylvia was silent as Tia was putting make up on her face. "Tia, can I ask you something?" she asked. "Sure." Tia said. "About you and Zheng...

 

Tia became silent. By now, Wes might have told her about their relationship. "Have my brother asked you out on a date?" Sylvia asked. Tia smiled at her. "Not yet." 

"Well, he should ask you out."

"It's all right, Sylvia. Most of the time, he would have dinner at my place, so you can consider it as a date."

"What do you think of my brother? Do you like him?" 

 

Tia paused, as Sylvia looked at her. "I'm not gonna lie. I know what's going on with the two of you. It's just that, I'm scared that my brother would get hurt with the kind of relationship you have with him. You see, he had been hurt before by the people he loved. I've seen him broken before. I don't want to see him sad again. I just hope things would be clear between the two of you." Sylvia told her. "You don't have to worry, Sylvia. I love Wes. But things are complicated for us right now, that's why we can't be together yet." Tia told her. "Then, can you promise me that once things are cleared, you can be with my brother? Can you promise me that you won't leave him and hurt him?" Sylvia a Her eyes as filled with hope as she looked at her. 

 

"I can't promise anything for now, Sylvia. All I can promise is to make him happy." Tia told her. "I can see he's happy when he's with you. I hope it always stay that way." Sylvia told her. Tia could only smile at her. "Come on, I'll finish your make up." Tia told her as she resumed her work.

 

--

 

As Wes went out of his house, he saw Sam walking towards Sylvia's house. "Hey, Sam!" he called. Sam looked at him, and smiled. "Hey, Wes. What's up?" he said. Wes noticed Sam carrying a bouquet of flowers. "Oh, so today is your date with Sylvia, huh? What's your plan for today?" Wes said. "I'm planning to bring her to the amusement park. I hope she'll like that idea." Sam said. "I'm pretty sure she will."

"Have you seen Sylvia?"

"She must still be preparing in her room. You just have to wait because being cute sure takes a lot of time."

 

Sam simply nodded his head. "Actually, it's a good thing you're here early. I want to talk to you about Sylvia." Wes said in a serious tone. Sam gave him a puzzled look. "What about her?" he asked. "I realized we haven't really talked since you and Sylvia got together. I know, sometimes I felt like I'm being a nuisance to the two of you, since I always get in your way. And for that, I apologize." Wes said. "It's all right, I understand. You're like a big brother to her, so I know  how protective you are of her." Sam said. Wes nodded his head. "You are serious about her, right?" Wes asked. 

 

Sam fell silent at his question. "I mean, you didn't just ask her to be your girlfriend because it's cookie day."

"I like Sylvia. I really do."

"Then, I'm at ease. I just want to make sure that you really like her. I want to make sure you're not going to hurt her."

 

Wes took a deep breath as he looked at Sam in the eye. "Please don't ever hurt her. I'm not asking you this to threaten you. I'm asking you this because as her big brother, it pains me whenever I see her cry. Please always make her happy. Please always make her smile. Because if you hurt her, you're not just hurting her. You're also hurting me." he told him. Sam looked up at him, and saw his pleading eyes. "I promise." he said. That was the time that Wes could smile at him. "Thank you, Sam. I'll hold on to what you said." he said. 

 

Just then, Wes saw Sylvia walking out of her house. She looked beautiful in her simple blouse and skirt. Unlike normal days, this time, she didn't have any pigtails of cute ribbon headband. Instead, her long, curly hair is down, making her look even prettier. She wore a light make up, but it was the smile in her face that made her more beautiful. The moment Wes saw her, he was mesmerized. That moment, she is not  his pesky little sister anymore, but rather, she became a beautiful young lady. He couldn't take his eyes off her, and he found himself smiling at her. "Fei Fei?" he muttered. 

 

Sam looked back, and smiled the moment he saw Sylvia. "Sylvia..." Sam called. Wes saw her smile sweetly at their direction. Suddenly, he felt his heart break when he realized that smile is not for him. His smile slowly faded when he watched Sam hold her hands. "You look beautiful today." Sam told her as he handed her the flowers. Sylvia blushed a little as she giggled. "Thank you." Sylvia said. 

 

Tia came up to Wes, and felt her hug his arm. At that moment, he erased any thought of seeing Sylvia in a different light. "Did you like her transformation? I did her hair and make up!" Tia said proudly to him. Wes nodded his head. "Yes. Thank you for the help, Tia." Wes said. "A thank you is not enough." Tia told him. Wes gave her a confused look. "I'll get my prize later." Tia whispered to him. Wes just smiled at her. 

 

"Shall we go?" Sylvia told Sam. Sam smiled and nodded his head. As they were about to go, Sylvia heard Wes calling her. "Fei Fei, wait." Wes called. Sylvia looked back, and saw Wes walking upto her. "What is it?" she asked. "I just want to remind you of your curfew, all right? Make sure to be back by 10 PM." Wes told her. Sylvia let out a laugh. "You're so annoying just like my dad. Yes, I'll be back by 10 PM." she said. "And I want to say you look pretty today." Wes said. Sylvia smiled at him. "Well, thank you my pesky and annoying big brother." she said. 

 

"And also, I want to give you this." Wes said. He took her ,and put a paper butterfly in her hand. He let out a smile as he watched her stare at it. "Be happy today, and enjoy your date with Sam." Wes told her. Sylvia looked up at him, and smiled. He doesn't know why but that moment she smiled at him, his heart started to beat fast. "Thank you, Zheng." Sylvia told her. The two waved goodbye at him, and went on their way. As Wes watched them leave, he saw a butterfly following Sylvia. He smiled to himself, happy knowing that his wish for his little sister will come true.