The One She Loves

Me And The Girl Next Door

"So, Angel, are you ready for your love consultation for today?" Calvin asked over the microphone as he looked at Ella, who was sitting in front of her. "I'm ready. Let's have caller number one!" she said. She pressed on the button, and soon after, the phone call got through on air. 

 

"Hello, DJ Angel..." the person on the other line said. "Hello there! What's your name?" Ella asked the called. "You can call me Mei Mei. I would like to ask your advise. There's a guy I like, and I know he likes me too. But I met this new guys and I think I'm falling for him too. Who should I choose?" The caller asked.

 

"Hmmm... seems like our first caller is torn between two lovers, huh?" Calvin said. Ella thought for a while before answering her question. "Let me ask you this, Mei Mei. Does this new guy likes you too? Are you sure he can love you like the other guy? Sometimes, it's hard to choose between the one who loves you and the one you love. It all boils down to who will make you smile, no matter how bad the situation is. Who is sincere and who isn't. The final decision will be yours. But you need to get to know the the two guys more before you make your decision, all right?" Ella said.

 

"I understand, DJ Angel. Thank you for your advice!" The caller said before she ended the call. "Ah, DJ Angel still has that magic, huh?" Calvin said as the call ended. Ella smiled at his partner. "And DJ BBox is still a sweet talker." Ella told him. "Oh, but me and the rest of your fans miss your love advice." Calvin told her. 

 

Ella let out a laugh. "And I missed my fans too! Should we take another call?" she asked. Calvin nodded his head. "Good timing, we have a second caller on the line. Hello, caller number two! What's your name?" Calvin asked. "You can call me Mystery Guy." 

 

Ella realized that it was her husband who called. "Oh hi, Mystery Guy..." she said awkwardly. Calvin pressed the mute button to laugh. He knew it was Chun who called. "I'm glad you're back on air. I missed you." Chun said. Ella laughed. "Chicken face, weren't we together just a while ago?" she thought. "So, Mystery Guy, what would you like to consult?" she asked. 

 

"I have two things to consult. First would be for my friend." Chun said. "OK, tell me about it, Mystery Guy."

"Well, my friend just realized he's in love with his best friend."

 

Ella furrowed her brow after listening to that. "Friend? Is he talking about Wes?" she thought. "Can you give advice to my friend on how he can properly confess to his best friend, so that she will accept him?" Chun asked. Ella let out a smile. "Ha! Fishing for advice, huh? But since you want Fei Fei and Zheng to be together, I'll help you." she thought.

 

"Well, first of all, your friend should be brave enough to face his feelings. If he really wants to be with his best friend, he should gather up all his courage to face and confess to her. Second, he should be ready for possible rejection. Sometimes, the other party would not be ready for any changes in the friendship. If that happens, then he should accept whatever his best friend's decision is. Once he's ready, he should tell everything that's inside his heart. Make her understand what he truly feels for her, but don't pressure her for an answer yet." Ella told him. 

 

"Thanks, DJ Angel. My second question would be, how will I tell my wife to stop eating the cookies I bake for my daughter, and that she's getting fat?" Chun asked. Calvin laughed out loud upon hearing that question. An angry tick formed on Ella's forehead. "Wu Ji Chun, you're dead to me when I see you!" she thought. 

 

--

 

Sylvia found herself in a pretty, pink gown. She slowly walked up the stairs. She stared at the big door behind her, unsure what's behind it. She reached out her hand, and gave the door a push. It opened wide, revealing a big ballroom inside. 

 

She walked inside, looking around the empty hall. "Where's everyone?" she thought as she looked around. "Sylvia..." she heard two voices calling her. She looked up, and she saw Sam and Wes walking up to her. Both of them looked dashing and handsome in their tuxedo. They both stopped in front of her, and both of them smiled at her.

 

"Choose me." Both Sam and Wes said. They reached out their hand to her. She looked at it, then, looked up to him. "Choose? Who do I choose?" she asked. She extended her hand to them, hesitating whose hand she will hold. But as she finally made her choice, everything faded. Soon, Sylvia woke up from her dream. 

 

Sylvia sat up from her bed. "Ah, even in my dreams, do I have to be confused?" she said. She hugged her knees. "Is it really possible to love two people at the same time? I love Zheng, but I think I still love Sam. Who do I choose?" she asked as she let out a sigh. 

 

--

 

"Baby girl, what's with the panda eyes?" Pei Ci asked as she sat beside Sylvia at the bench. "I can't sleep..." Sylvia said as she pouted. "Why? I told you, not to think of me so you can sleep properly, right?" Pei Ci told her. Sylvia just laughed at her. 

 

Sylvia's eyes caught Sam as he walked towards the cafeteria. He paused for a while, and looked at her. For a split second, the two of them stared at each other until she looked away. Pei Ci noticed what just happened. "You know why it's called ex-boyfriend? Because it means it's already in the past. And you don't have to dwell in the past." Pei Ci said. 

 

She let out a sigh as she looked at her. "Look, I don't know the story between the two of you. But as a friend who cares, don't let yourself be fooled again. You deserve someone better." Pei Ci told her. "But what would you do if you're confused with how you feel? I know I  have moved on from him, but when I see him, I feel like I still love him..." Sylvia said. "Maybe, it's just nostalgia. After all, before the break up, you two had happy times, right?" Pei Ci told  her.  

 

"I guess you're right..." Sylvia said with another sigh. Then, she looked at Pei Ci. "Have you been confused about liking a person before?" she asked. Pei Ci thought for a while. "When I came back. I got confused. Zheng ge became handsome but his little sister is cuter." she said. "Pei Ci!" Sylvia shouted, as she felt awkward. Pei Ci let out a laugh. "Just kidding. Why are you so serious? Anyway, you don't get confused about your feelings. You can only be unsure. If that happens, sometimes, you have to stop and think about what really matters, OK?" she told her. Sylvia nodded her head.

 

--

 

"I'm glad you asked me out to pamper myself today, Ella jie." Sylvia said as they sat beside each other, getting their nails done. "Oh, don't thank me. Thank that chicken face." Ella said. Sylvia gave her a confused look. "He made me mad today, so to make up for it, he had to treat us for a spa day." she said smiling. "What did Chun ge did to make you mad?" Sylvia asked. "He called me fat." Ella said. 

 

Sylvia laughed at her. "And so, to appease his angry wife, he had no choice but to spoil her." Ella said triumphantly. Then, she looked at the younger girl beside her. "Also, I want to catch up with you. How are you?" Ella asked her. "I'm OK, I guess..." she said. Ella wrinkled her brow as she looked at her. "Are you sure? Fei Fei, I notice you've been quiet lately. You know, you can tell me if something is wrong. Especially if it's the matter of the heart." Ella told her. 

 

Sylvia looked at her as she let out a sigh. "I guess only Ella jie can help me solve my problem..." Sylvia said. Ella looked at her, and began to listen to her. "I feel confused about my feelings, Ella jie..." Sylvia began. "There's this guy that I like. I know he likes me too, because he confessed to me before. But, I asked to be just friends with him, because I was scared of what will happen to us. But then, as day passes by, I realized I feel the same way for him, that I love him too. I know he likes me too, and I want to tell him how I feel, but I got confused, and my confusion is caused by my ex-boyfriend."

 

She let out another sigh before continuing her story. "This ex-boyfriend came back suddenly, wanting to have another chance with me. I know I was ready to move on, but seeing him made me confused about my feelings. I became even more confused when he kissed me. I don't know what to do? Who should I choose?" Sylvia said. 

 

Ella thought for a while as she looked at her. "Who do you think do  you love the most?" she asked. Sylvia let out another sigh. "I don't know. I feel that I love both of them equally..." she said. "Well, that's a problem..."

"Is it possible to love two person at the same time?"

"It is, but someone is bound to hurt when that happens."

"I don't want to hurt them. And I want to make my choice because the more it drags, the more I get confused. And the more it's difficult for me."

 

Ella let out a smile. "Then, who between them makes you happy?" she asked. Sylvia gave her another confused look. "Who do you think of when you're happy? And who do you think of when you're sad?  Who makes you so mad, but with just a smile, you forget why you're upset in the first place? Who makes you feel all kinds of emotion at the same time? If you know who that person is, then choose him. Love isn't just about happiness. It's a mix of all emotions at the same time. Choose the person who you think of when you're happy, when you're sad, when you're excited, when you're mad. Choose the person who you think you can't last a day without seeing, someone who you can't bear being without. Choose the person who's inside your heart all this time." she told her. 

 

Sylvia smiled and nodded her head. "I hope I helped you with your heart problems." Ella said. Sylvia nodded her head. "You did, Ella jie. Although I still have to think things through, at least it will help me a lot." she said. "Well then, I hope you make your decision soon." Ella told her. Sylvia nodded her head. 

 

--

 

Sylvia stood at the center of the ballroom. She heard the door open behind her. She looked back, and saw him walking up to her. At first, she wasn't sure who he was, as smoke blocks his face. But as he got nearer to her, his face became clearer. 

 

She was surprised to see him, but nevertheless, she was happy he came. He smiled at her as he caressed her cheek. "I love you..." he said to her. Sylvia smiled at him, and held his hand. "I love you too." she told him. He smiled at her. Then, he leaned down on her face. And as he kissed her lips, she slowly woke up from her dream. 

 

She stared at her ceiling, and this time, she's smiling. "It's him..." she said to herself. "It's him that I love..." She sat up from her bed. She clutched her chest, as her heart was beating fast. She remembered what Ella had told her - choose the person who made her feel all kinds of emotion, and right then, she knew it was him - the guy who she sees as his best friend and big brother. 

 

She remembered how happy she was when she first met him. How she smiled that first time he gave her a paper butterfly. She remembered being sad when the bully knocked down the sandwich he gave her. She remembered being mad at him when he , the time she was so upset over him because she was worried, and the time she felt hurt when he ignored her.

 

She stood up and walked towards her window. She looked down at the balcony of his window, and smiled. "Now, I'm more sure than ever. I do love you, Zheng. I really do." she whispered.