First Kiss

Me And The Girl Next Door

It was Saturday. 

 

Wes went to his mailbox, and sorted through it. Aside from the bills, there is a postcard from his dad, and some documents from his aunt. As he went back inside the house, he noticed an envelope with a wrong address. It was addressed to Tia. "Why is Tia's letter here? This must be fate!" he said to himself. At least now, he have an excuse to go over her place. He put the rest of the letters on his table, and then headed over to Tia's house. 

 

He knocked a few times, before Tia opened the door. "Hi, Wes..." she said in a weak tone. He could see she looked sick, and seeing her made him worried. "Hi, Tia. Your mail came into my mailbox today, so I brought it here." he explained. He handed her the envelop, Tia took it from him. "Thank you, Wes." she said as she smiled at him. "Are you all right?" he asked her. Tia nodded her head. "It's just a little cold, nothing to worry about." she said. Wes just nodded his head. 

 

Then, Tia leaned to the door for support. She closed her eyes, and she slowly slid to the floor. "Tia!" Wes panicked as he held on to her. He touched her forehead to check her temperature, and realized she was having a fever. "You have a fever." he told her. Tia nodded her head. 

 

He decided to help her. He carried her, and then took her to her room. Once they reached her room, he laid her onto her bed, and then covered her body with blanket. He saw a thermometer on her bedside table, he took it and then took her temperature. "38.5 degrees Celcius... you're burning." he told her. Tia managed to open her eyes, and look at him. "I'm all right, Wes. You don't have to look after me. You might catch my cold." she told him. Wes shook his head. "No. I'll take care of you. Wait for me here, I'll get some medicine and something for you to eat, all right?" he said. Tia had no choice but to agree to him. 

 

He rushed back inside his house to grab some medicine. Then, he went back inside her house to cook something for her. After that, he stayed to check on her temperature. When her temperature got higher, he took some ice-cold water,and wiped it on her arms and put it on her forehead. He fed her some chicken soup, and made her drink her medicine after. He stayed with her until it was night time. 

 

Tia woke up from her slumber, and saw Wes sitting on the floor, and sleeping at the side of her bed. She let out a smile as she looked at her. She had a lot of boyfriends before, but no one took care of her like Wes does. She was independent for so long, she missed what it's like to be taken care of, and Wes made her feel that again. He made her feel special. 

 

She knew the younger guy had a crush on him. She must admit, when she first saw him, she find him handsome. She was his type. But then, he's a little bit younger than her, so she thought  he's out of her league. But whenever she sees him smile at her, she couldn't help but want to be close to him. 

 

Tia reached for him, and gently brushed his hair. She stopped the moment Wes woke up. "Hey, you're awake..." he said groggily. "I just woke up. Sorry to trouble you..." Tia said. Wes smiled at her. "Don't worry about it. You live alone with no one to take care of you. I just want to make sure your fever is gone before I go back."  he said. Tia sat up from her bed. Wes took  the thermometer to check her temperature again, and then sat beside her. "36... You don't have anymore fever, but you still need to take a lot of rest, all right?"  Wes said. Tia nodded her head. "Thank you for taking care of me, Wes." she said. 

 

Then, she moved closer to him. She put her arms around his neck as her face get closer to his. As she closed her eyes, she kissed her lips. Wes was surprised with that kiss. Honestly, he doesn't know what to do.It was his first kiss, and he doesn't want to let her know he was inexperienced. He wanted that kiss to be longer, but he also know he shouldn't take advantage of Tia, especially at her situation. 

 

Tia broke their kiss. She knew he had not kissed a girl before, as he was barely moving. He looked stunned as he looked at her, and she finds that very amusing. "It's a thank you kiss." she said. He blushed, and though it's dark, Tia could see his reaction. "Oh..." he said as he touched his lips. Gently, Wes pushed her back  to bed. She knew exactly what's going to happen next, she was expecting it. "If he want it, then I'll let him have it." she thought. 

 

Then, he stood up, and put a blanket on her. "I think you should rest first. I need to go back home." he told her. Tia was surprised. "Oh, OK then." she said. "I'll come back tomorrow to give you some food and check on you, all right?" he said. Tia nodded her head. As Wes leaves her room, Tia watched him. 

 

She was surprised at his reaction. She thought after that kiss, he would want something more than that, but she was wrong. He was such a gentleman. Other guys would want her for her body, and would  only date her to get laid. But Wes was different, as he was innocent and such a gentleman. He never took advantage of her, even though he could. "You're such an interesting guy, Wes." she thought as she touched her lips. "It only made me want you more."

 

--

 

Wes closed the door behind him. He was still shocked after Tia kissed him. He closed his eyes, and his mind replayed that moment. He could still feel the softness of her lips against his. "I kissed her..." he said to himself. Then, he let out a smile. "I kissed her, didn't I?"

 

"Earth to Zheng! Please answer me!" 

 

He looked at the walkie talkie on his bed. He immediately took it and answered Sylvia's call. "Fei Fei..."

"Where have you been the whole day? Mom was looking for you."

"Why?"

"Well, your aunt was trying to call you, but you're not answering the phone."

 

Wes took his mobile phone, and saw several missed calls from his aunt. "Aren't you supposed to let my mom know where you're going before leaving the house?" he heard Sylvia say. "Sorry, I went out for a while." he said. He sent his aunt a quick message on his phone, and then tossed his phone aside to talk to Sylvia. "Where have you been?" Sylvia pressed again. "I went to Tia's house this afternoon to deliver her mail. It was sent to my mailbox."

"Then, why it took you so long to go back home?"

"Well, she fainted when she opened the door. She had a high fever, so I decided to stay at her place to take care of her."

"Is she OK now?"

"Yes, I made sure her fever is gone before I left."

"That's good then. I'll go over her house tomorrow to check on her as well."

 

Sylvia heard Wes let out a big sigh. "Is there something wrong, Zheng?" she asked. "Can I tell you something, Fei?"

"You know you can tell me anything."

"Well... something happened."

"What is it?"

"We kissed."

 

Sylvia was speechless upon hearing that. She was happy for Wes, because of his progress. "Oh, someone is taking it a big step further, huh!" she teased. "I didn't take advantage of her, all right!" he said defensively. He could hear Sylvia laughing on the other line. "Maybe she's still groggy with the medicine that's why she kissed me." he said. "Or maybe she kissed you because she like you. Ah, Zheng, I don't think you still need my help with her." 

"I still need your help. You said I have no romance in my body. I want you to be my romantic coach."

"Is there even such a thing?"

"Yes. Because if I'm going to be her boyfriend, I want to be the most romantic boyfriend she'll ever have. And I need your help for that."

 

Sylvia let out a laugh. "All right, then I'll be your romantic coach." she said. 

 

--

 

 

The next day, Wes visited Tia. He brought some soup he cooked earlier for her. He knocked on her door and after a while, Tia opened the door for him. "Good morning." Wes greeted her. Tia smiled at him. "Good morning. Come in." she said, as she let him inside the house. 

 

"I cooked you some soup. You should eat it before you take your medicines, all right?" Wes said as he placed the bowl on the table. "I will. Thank you, Wes." Tia said. He then turned to face her. He put his hand on her forehead to check if she still has fever. "Your temperature seems normal now. How are you feeling anyway?" he asked. "I feel OK, just a little bit weak." Tia said. "Then, take a rest first. If you need to  run some errands, let me do it for you." Wes said. 

 

Tia stared at him for a while.  As she looked at him, she remembered their kiss last night. "About last night..." Tia started. She wanted to to talk to him about that kiss, but she wasn't sure what to say. Wes became silent. He knew she wanted to talk about that kiss. "W-what about last night?" he asked. "We kissed, right?" she asked. Wes blushed upon remembering last night's event. Wes nodded his head. "I didn't want to take advantage of you. I know you are sick last night, it must have been your medicine that's why -"

"I know what I was doing last night, Wes. I'm aware that I kissed you."

 

Wes became silent. He doesn't know what to react, and how their conversation will go. "And I'm thankful that you didn't do anything to me last night." she said. Wes scratched his head as he smiled awkwardly at her. "What else should I do? Besides, that was actually my first kiss." Wes admitted. His cheeks became much redder because of that. "Really?" Tia asked. Wes slowly nodded his head. "Oh my God, I didn't know that. I'm so sorry." Tia said as she smacked herself in the forehead. "It's all right... I guess." he said. 

 

Tia walked up to him, and held his cheek. "But I really appreciate what you have done for me. Thank you, Wes." she said. Then, reached for his face to give him a kiss on the cheek. Wes stared at her.after that kiss. He looked at her as she smiled at him. "Tia..." he called. "I like you." 

 

Tia nodded her head. "I know." she said. She reached up to him again to kiss him on the lips, but Wes stopped her. She let out a pout at him. "But I will kiss you again if you become my girlfriend. Would it be OK if I court you? I want to prove to you that I'm worthy of you." he asked. Tia was surprised at him, nevertheless happy. If it was the other guys, they will her kiss them. But not Wes. He wanted to pursue her like a gentleman would, and this made her heart flutter. "All right, I'll let you court me."

Wes smiled happily at her. 

 

--