That Night

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Meet me."

 

Tia stared at the message on her phone. It came from Jacob. She wanted to make an excuse for not meeting him, but she ran out of excuse to do that. By now, Jacob may have already known that Wes was with her during her last photo shoot. After all, Elaine, his other kept woman, must have told him all about. 

 

She let out a sigh, and sent a message agreeing to meet with him. No matter what happens, she will have to break it off with him. He have to agree to let her go. 

 

"I'll send my driver to pick you up."

 

She tossed her phone on the bed. She have to get ready. Tonight, she'll ask for her freedom back from Jacob. 

 

--

 

Ella stood at the edge of the bed as she watched Chun sleeping peacefully. The past months have been an exhausting battle for both of them. She admit, after she lost their baby, she got into deep depression. And until now, she blames herself for their baby's death. 

 

No matter how much she begged Chun to divorce her, Chun just wouldn't let her go. She know it has been hard from him, and she doesn't wish to be a burden to him anymore. Which is why she made this decision. 

 

"Goodbye, Chun..." she whispered. A tear fell from her eye as she looked at him. "I love you, but I have to deal with this on my own..." she said. She took her back, and headed out of the door. Before she made a step our of their bedroom, she took one last look at him. 

 

She will always love him. But she can no longer give him his dream. Maybe, walking out of his life would be the best for the two of them. 

 

--

 

It was night time when Xue Fu arrived at Brent's grave. She carefully laid a bouquet of lilies on his grave. Lilies were their favorite flowers. She always remember getting a lily from him. 

 

"I'm finally here, Brent..." she said. She let out a smile, as her finger traced his tombstone. "Why didn't you wait for me? Didn't I promise that I will be back soon?" she asked. She looked up at the night sky, tying her best not to cry. She know Brent wouldn't want to see her cry. 

 

"Do you know, I've visited the places you want to go. It was fun, but I know I would be more fun when you're with me..." she said. She suddenly felt a cold breeze around her. It was as if someone is hugging her. She was hoping it was Brent that was embracing her.  "Wherever you are, Brent, I hope you're always looking after me... I hope you'll give me the strength to finally forgive Sam..." 

 

--

 

"Dr. Luo, you have a phone call." 

 

Qin Yang looked at the nurse who was handing him the phone. "Who is it? Is it really important? I need to attend to a patient at the Emergency Room." he said. "It's urgent, she said." the nurse said. "Who is it?" he asked again. "She said she's your wife?" 

 

Qin Yang paused for a while. It's been 12 years since Jane's been gone. Why would she contact him at this time? He let out a sigh, and took the phone from the nurse's hand. "Hello?" he said. He heard someone sniffing at the other line. He thought it was a joke. "Hello?" he called again. All he can hear is someone crying. He was about to put the phone down, when finally someone spoke. 

 

"Qin Yang..." 

 

It was Jane after all. Although he have not heard from her all these years, he could still remember the way he sound. "Jane..." he called. "I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry for what I have done..."

 

--

 

Tia stormed out of the car. As she was about to get inside the house, Jacob caught up with her, and held her by her arms. "Don't you dare." he threatened her. "Let me go! You're hurting me!" Tia said, trying to get away from her grip. "Do you really think I can let you leave like that?" Jacob told her. Tia closed her eyes. She's tired arguing with him the whole night. "Can you just please let me go? You have no use for me anyway. And aren't you supposed to get married?" she said.

 

"What mine is mine." Jacob said firmly, as he tightened his grip on his arm. "You want me, and yet you also have Elaine. And then there's your fiancee. What do  you really want from me, Jacob?" Tia asked in an exhausted tone. "I don't want you to leave me. Don't you enjoy our time together, especially in bed?" he asked. He let out a smirk at her. "I made you, remember that. You wouldn't be a top model if not for me. You wouldn't have everything you have right now if not for me."

"Everything I had is because of my hard work. And everything you gave to me, didn't I pay it with my body? Didn't you use me as well?"

 

Jacob pulled her close to him. His thumb traced her lips. "And I don't intend to stop." he said. He tried to kiss her, but Tia moved his face away from her. When he knew he could never get what he wanted from her, he hurt her. She got a slap in her cheek. She could feel blood dripping from the corner of her lips. "Please stop! Just let me go!" Tia said as she struggled from him. 

 

Wes got out of his house because he heard a noise outside. He saw Tia trying to get away from Jacob. He immediately ran to help her. As he approached them, he punched Jacob in the face, making the latter fall on the ground. He looked angrily at him, as he hurt his girl. "Wes!" Tia exclaimed as he held to his arm. Wes looked worriedly at her and held both of her hands. "You're hurt..." he told her. 

 

"So, this is the high school kid you're having an affair with..." Jacob said as he stood up. Both of them looked at him. Wes hid Tia behind him. "Who are you? Why are you hurting Tia?" Wes asked him. Jacob simply smirked at him. "Tia, dear, you didn't tell this high school kid who I am to you?" he asked. As Wes looked back at Tia, Tia lowered her head. 

 

"Well then, let me tell you who I am. I'm Tia's boyfriend. Oh, wait, it's not serious. I'm Tia's playmate in bed. She's my kept woman." Jacob told Wes. Wes was shocked at what he said. He couldn't believe Tia would be like that. Then, Wes looked at Tia. "Is it true?" he asked. "Come on Tia. No use denying it now." Jacob said. Tia closed her eyes as she slowly nodded her head. 

 

Wes felt his heart sank. While they're together, there is another man between them. He was a fool to believe that she really loved him. "Why, kid? Do you think Tia is an innocent, princess? She's not even a anymore! Have you even tried to have with her?" Jacob said. Wes felt insulted by his words. "Don't you respect her? Do you kiss your mom with that filthy mouth?" he said. Jacob let out a laugh. "Is that the only insult you know?" he told him. 

 

"Jacob,  please leave. Just leave us alone for now." Tia pleaded him.  Jacob sneered at her. "You're such a loser to choose a kid over me, Tia. You're right. I should dump you." he said. Then, Jacob went back to his car, and left the two alone. As soon as they were alone, Wes turned to face Tia. He could see her crying. "I'm sorry..." she said. Wes wiped the blood from her lips, and looked at her arms. Her arm is swollen, and she had many scratches. "Let's treat your wound, and then you can explain everything to me." Wes said. 

 

--

 

Tia sat on the bed as he waited for Wes. A few seconds later, Wes is back with a first aid kit in hand. While he treat her wounds, he was silent. Tia was just watching him. Now that Wes know everything, she have to explain everything to him, but she doesn't know where to start. 

 

"Is he the reason you don't want to commit to me?" Wes asked.  He looked up at her, and she could see the hurt in his eyes. Tia slowly nodded her head. "Yes..." she said. Wes continued to treat her wound in silence. "But I have my reasons. God knows I want to be with you, Wes. You're the only person who made me feel love, and that I'm capable of being loved. You're the only guy who took me seriously."

"You're not playing with my feelings, right? Because you're the very first girl I've ever loved, Tia."

 

Tia reached for his cheek, and caressed it. "At first, I thought you're like one of those guys I know. I thought you're just a high school kid looking for experience. I was more than willing to play around with you. After all, I'm used to it. Most men I know only like me because of my body. But that time I got sick, when you took care of me, that's when I realized you're serious about me, and that I should cherish you. That's why I didn't say anything when you asked me to be your girlfriend, because I want to fix my life before I can agree to you, because I know you deserve someone who's life is not a mess. I wanted to have a fresh start with you. But, Jacob doesn't want to let me go, until tonight." Tia said. 

 

Wes let out a sigh. "But I'm serious about you. When I love, I love deeply. I don't play around, because I know what it's like to be left behind. I know what it's like to be hurt by someone whom you loved so much." he said sadly. Tia looked into his eyes. She could feel how hurt he is because of what happened. 

 

"Then, what he said is true? That you are his kept woman?" Wes asked. Tia nodded her head. "I used him to get all the things I want in life. He was able to pull some string so that I could get more work. And because he's rich, I used him to get more money. In return, I satisfy him in bed. That's the kind of relationship that we have. I was his favorite girl, so it wasn't easy for him to let me go just like that." she explained. 

 

"Will you still accept me? Did your feelings for me changed?" Tia asked. She know she shouldn't be asking that question, as she was scared of what his answer will be. "I'm hurt, yes. But my feelings for you is still the same. I still love you." Wes said. Then, he held her hand, and looked into her eyes. "Let's make that fresh start that you want. Live a new life without him. I know, I'm still young for you. I can't even give you one percent of the material things he give you, but I love you. You are my big plan, Tia. If you agree to be my girlfriend..."

 

Tia smiled at him. "Yes, I will be your girlfriend." she said. This time, Wes smiled at her. "I love you." he said to her. "I love you too, Wes." Tia said. Wes leaned to her, and kissed her lips. As their kiss deepens, Tia put his arm around his neck. "Let me prove my love for you, Wes." she whispered to him. Wes stared at her face and nodded his head. She kissed him passionately this time. As they kissed, Tia pulled him to lie down on her bed.

 

It was a memorable night for the two of them, because for the first time, they made love.