Start Of Changes

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Dr. Luo, are you really sure about your decision?"

 

Qin Yang looked at his superior as he nodded his head. "I needed to go back to Taiwan as soon as possible." he said. His boss let out a sigh. "I was hoping that at the last minute, you'll change your mind. But, I respect your decision. If in the future, you changed your mind and you want to come back here, you're very much welcome to work for us" his boss sad. Qin Yang smiled as he nodded his head. "Thank you, boss." 

 

After he left the office, his phone rang. He took it, and saw Melody's number on the screen. "Mei mei..." he said as he answered his call. "You're not going back to Taiwan, are you?" Melody asked. Qin Yang let out a sigh. "You will not understand my reason..."

"You're not doing this for Zheng, am I right?"

"I am doing this for Zheng."

"But why do you have to come back for her!"

"Melody, Jane needs me!"

"She left you! She left you and Zheng! Didn't you forget how much she hurt you? Didn't you forget how broken Zheng was when she abandoned her own son?"

 

Qin Yang let out a sigh as he massaged his temple. "Let's talk about this again when you're no longer emotional, all right?" he told her before he ended the call. 

 

--

 

Sylvia and Wes sat on the floor as they looked at the paper butterflies hanging on the ceiling. After a while, Wes glanced at Sylvia, and let out a smile. "I can't believe you're my girl..." he whispered. Sylvia looked at him, and smiled. "Do you still feel like you're dreaming?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "Best birthday ever." he said with a laugh. 

 

"Ah, I forgot. I have another gift for you." Sylvia told him. Wes simply smiled at her as he watched her reach for her bag. "Wow, that's too much! I feel so very special." he said. Then, he handed her a small box. "Happy birthday!" she told him. Wes took the box from her. "Thank you, Fei Fei." he said. 

 

He opened the box, and saw a leather bracelet with a cat paw on it. He laughed upon seeing that. "This is cute!" he said. "So that you'll always think of me when you look at it, and wear it." Sylvia told me. He put on the bracelet on his wrist. "This will never get off of my wrist. Unless needed in med school." he said. Sylvia could only giggle at him. 

 

"I have a gift for you too." he said. Sylvia gave him a confused look. "But it's your birthday, not mine!" she said. "Well, I wanted to give my Fei Fei something special for today." he said. She blushed at what he said. "Close your eyes." Wes said. With that, Sylvia closed her eyes. 

 

Wes went behind her, and then put the butterfly wish necklace on her neck. "Open your eyes now..." he whispered to her. Sylvia slowly opened her eyes. As she looked down on her chest, she saw a butterfly pendant. "Butterfly wish?" she asked as he looked at Wes. Wes smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

Wes smiled as he watched her smiling as she stared at the pendant. "It's so beautiful..." she said in awe. "But you are more beautiful..." he told her. She she turned to him, their eyes met. They both gazed at each other for a long time. Then, he leaned on her forehead as he smiled. "I love you, my Fei Fei..." he whispered to her. "And I love you too, my Zheng..." she told him. 

 

Hearing those words from him made his hear flutter. He can't believe that the girl he loves, loves him too. "I guess this is what happiness is like... to have someone you love, and be loved too..." he thought. "The two of us, falling in love with each other... maybe this is the happy ending we deserve." she said to him. Sylvia let out a smile. "Now I know, and now I'm sure. Zheng, you are my happy ending..." she told him. 

 

He lifted her chin, and planted a kiss on her lips. 

 

--

 

"Isn't it nice to be young and in love?" Ella said as he looked down on Wes and Sylvia. "But you know what is nicer? To grow old together with the one you love, and falling in love with her more each day..." Chun told her as he gazed at her. 

 

Ella looked at him, and smiled. "Now I know where Wes got his cheesiness. He took after you." she told him. Chun let out a laugh. Then, he held her hand. "Thank you for helping us today." he told her. "I should be thanking Fei Fei  and Zheng. With them, I realized what it's like to fall in love all over again, to not be afraid of taking chances. And with them,  I realized everyone deserves a second chance in love." Ella told him. 

 

Chun smiled at her. "In some ways, I realized they helped us get back together." he said. Ella nodded her head in agreement. "I think so too."  she said. They looked at each other, and laughed. "I'm sure going to miss them when we go back to Australia." Chun said as he sighed.  "Me too... but I had fun  while we were here." Ella said. 

 

"But you have to promise me one thing, Ms. Piggy." Chun told her. He held her hand, and looked into her eyes. "Next time you decide to come back here in Taiwan, please take me with you. I can't bear to be without you by my side for a long time." he told her. Ella nodded her head. "I promise. And I won't run away this time." she said.  He put his hand around her, and then kissed her on the lips. 

 

--

 

"Aaaaaahhhhhh..."

 

Wayne shouted in frustration as he slumped his head on his desk. "I hate my life..." he cried. Pei Ci gave him a confused look, while Diana patted his head. "Don't pressure yourself, cinnamon roll. I know you can pass the admission test." Diana assured him. Wayne sat up and looked blankly on the blackboard. 

 

"Ah, so it's that time of the year? College admission test?" Pei Ci asked. Diana looked at her, and nodded her head.  "Pei Ci, are you going to study here in Taipei for college?" Diana asked. Pei Ci shook her head. "Hey, I'm going back to Canada soon, remember? And besides, my mom just got my admission letter to Simon Fraser University, so I'll probably go there for college." Pei Ci said. (A/N: If I'm not mistaken, Calvin also  studied in Simon Fraser University hence the reference) "Then, have you decided which major you're going to take?" Diana asked. "Business Administration. How about you guys, have you decided on the university and majors you're going to take?" Pei Ci asked.   

 

"I'm going to take up Advetising. As for Xiao Jin, he'll be taking up Computer Science." Diana said. "And Wes will be taking up a pre-med course. I'm not so sure if he has decided between Chemistry or Psychology yet."  Wayne volunteered the  information.  

 

Wayne looked at the book in front of him, and read the questions on it. "Why is the questions so hard? I think I'm going to retake the exams next year!" he cried. "I believe in you, Xiao Jin..." Diana said. He looked up at her, and saw her smiling at him. "I know you can do it!" she added. "And please, it's not like you're not  in the top 10 like Zheng ge. I'm pretty sure you'll pass." Pei Ci told him. Wayne took the book and buried it on his face. "I feel so pressured right now..." he whined. 

 

"Good morning..."

 

Wayne looked by the door, and saw Sylvia and Wes together. "Good morning Zheng and Fei Fei!" he greeted. He looked at their hands, and saw that Wes is holding Sylvia's. "Ah, someone had a good birthday..." Wayne teased them, making the two blush. "Ah, someone is jealous." Pei Ci told him. Wayne just rolled his eyes at her. 

 

"Don't tell me you're jealous of me?" Sylvia asked him. Wayne pouted at her. "I am his original wifey." Wayne told her. Sylvia and Pei Ci laughed, while Wes had a sweat drop. "What wifey? Are you kidding me, Xiao Jin?" Diana said as she pinched his ears. Wayne flinched in pain with what his girlfriend did. "My honey toast that was a joke! Let me go, please?" he pleaded as he cried. Diana pouted as he let his ear go. 

 

"Wait, so does that mean..." Pei Ci gave Wes and Sylvia looked at her, and smiled. Then, Wes held up their hands, and kissed the back of Sylvia's hands. "Oh my God, Fei Fei!" Diana shrieked in Wayne's ears, making the latter flinch again. Wayne looked at Wes and smiled. "I'm so happy for the two of you! Finally!" he said. "Are you sure you're OK with them being together? You're not jealous?" Pei Ci asked. 

 

"Why should I be jealous? I've always wanted Wes to be happy! After all that he's been through, especially with Tia." Wayne said. Diana nodded her head. "Hey, let's not bring up the past..." Wes said. Then, he looked at Sylvia and smiled. "I'd rather focus on my present and my future... My big plans..." he told her. Sylvia's cheeks turned pink upon hearing that. 

 

"I think I need shades, this couple shines so bright, it's blinding me." Pei Ci said sarcastically. "Me too!" Wayne said. Wes glared at him. "Wei, when you and Diana are all over each other, did I ever complained?" Wes asked in a hurt tone. "Oh, yes... a lot!" Diana told him sarcastically. "Then, it means all of us can double date?" Wayne asked. Sylvia pouted as she looked at him. "You and Wayne had been planning on a double date?" she asked. Wes just smiled nervously at her. "We did..." he said. Then, she smiled at him. "That would be fun!" she said. 

 

From outside the classroom. Sam watched as the five friends talk. He heard everything he have and need to hear. "She finally made her choice..." he thought sadly. "And her choice isn't me..."