Heartbreak

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sunnee was walking down the hallway with her head low. She couldn't get the scene she saw yesterday at the restaurant. She wondered how could Sam be in love with another girl, when she could see how much he loves Sylvia. She let out a sigh. She doesn't know what to do. All she knows is that she should not keep it to herself. Should she tell Sylvia? Will Sylvia believe her? 

 
 

Just then, she bumped into something hard. As she looked up, she saw Dylan once again. "Why are you always absent-minded?" he asked in an irritated tone. Sunnee pouted at him. "Why are you in my way?" she said. Dylan folded his arms and looked at her. "If you're not absent minded, then you would be able to see me." he said.  

 
 

Sunnee didn't want to argue with him anymore. She decided to turn her back on him and leave. As she turned back, she saw Sylvia and Wes together. Then, and idea hit her. "Maybe... maybe P'Wes will listen to me!" she thought. As she walked back to their classroom, she decided to make a plan to talk to Wes. Because if there's someone who should know about this first, maybe it shouldn't be Sylvia. Maybe she should tell her big brother first. 

 
 

-- 

 
 

Sunnee dragged Wes at the back of the school, were there is no students or teachers. Wes didn't know why Sunnee wanted to talk to him. "What's going on?" he asked after Sunnee stopped dragging him. "I want to tell you something." Sunnee told him.  

 
 

Wes knew what this is all about. His cheek blushed as he looked at her. "I... I didn't know you like me, Sunnee..." he said as he scratched his head. "You see, I just got out of a relationship. But, I'm willing to date you." he added. Sunnee gave him a puzzled look. "What are you talking about?" she asked. Wes also gave him a confused look. "Aren't you going to confess your love for me?" he asked.  

 
 

Sunnee shook her head. "Aiyo, I'm not going to confess to you, P'Wes. You're cute but you're not my type." she said. Wes flinched in pain. "Then, what do you want to talk about?" he asked. "It's about P'Sam..." 

 
 

This was the second time someone talked to him about Sam. First, it was Diana. Now, it's Sunnee. He wondered if Diana's instinct is true. His face turned serious this time as he faced Sunnee. "What about Sam?" he asked. Sunnee took a deep breath before she started to speak. "I know I should tell P'Sylvia about this, but I don't think she will believe me. I don't want to be the one to break her heart." she began.  

 
 

Wes folded his arms. "Don't tell me, you like Sam?" he asked. Sunnee shook her head again. "Aiyo, no. P'Wes, can you let me finish. This is serious." she said. "OK. Go on." he said.  

 
 

"I work part-time in a restaurant P'Sam frequents. He usually goes to the VIP room with this girl. Yesterday, P'Sam is with the girl again. From what I heard, she's pressuring P'Sam to break up with P'Sylvia. He likes the girl before, but because of his friend, he gave way to him. But P'Sam was arranged to be married to the girl, and so both of them had no choice. I think the girl wanted him to dump P'Sylvia because of their engagement." Sunnee said.  

 
 

Wes furrowed his brows as he listened to her. He couldn't believe Sam would be like that. "Is there something else?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "I saw P'Sam kiss the girl..." she said. She could see the anger in his face. Wes clenched his fist. He's not going to let Sylvia get hurt because of him and his lies. "I'm going to confront Sam." he said.  

 
 

Before Wes could go, Sunnee stopped him. "P'Wes, no." she said.  Wes looked back at him. "You are not the only person who told me something's wrong with Sam and his childhood friend. I need to find out the truth." Wes said. "But what about P'Sylvia?" Sunnee said.  

 
 

Wes softened for a bit. Sunnee is right, he should think of how it would affect Sylvia. He doesn't want that bad dream he had days ago to come true. "If you confront P'Sam I'm sure he'll deny it." Sunnee said. "Then, do you have any suggestion?" he asked. Sunnee lowered her head as she shook her head. "Honestly, I also don't know what to do when I found out. That's why I decided to tell you everything first." she said.  

 
 

Wes let out a sigh. Then, he smiled at her. "Thank you for telling me everything, Sunnee. At least, I know what to do should he break up with Sylvia."  

 
 

-- 

 
 

"'Eh, I tell you, Diana. Their coffee is really great here."  

 
 

Wayne said excitedly as they sat. After school, the two of them went to the new restaurant that Wayne found. "Well, I trust you, Wayne. Besides, this is your treat, right?" Diana said. Wayne smiled at her. "Of course it is. Just order anything you want. Just not the expensive ones, all right?" he said. Diana let out a laugh. "Silly! I won't break your bank. I promise." she said.  

 
 

As she took the menu, something caught the corner of her eyes. Diana saw Sam with a girl. The girl was clinging on to his arm. "Wayne, what did Sam told Sylvia when he cancelled his date with her again?" Diana asked. "That he needs to fix something at his apartment." Wayne said. "I don't think he's trying to fix something. Break something, maybe." Diana said. Then, he pointed at Sam's direction. He was surprised to see Sam with another girl.  

 
 

"Whoa, is that Sam? Is he out on a date with another girl?" he said. "I knew there's something wrong with that girl the first time I saw her. Wayne, call Wes and Sylvia. Tell them to go here." Diana asked him. Wayne immediately called Wes.  

 
 

-- 

 
 

Sylvia was walking home when she got a message on her phone. It was from Sam. She immediately opened his message to read it.  

 
 

"I'm sorry for bailing out on you today. Let me make it up to you. Meet me at Petite Pomme Restaurant today, At VIP Room 8. Let's have a memorable date. Today" 

 
 

She smiled to himself. Finally, she can have time with Sam. She turned back, and went to the restaurant Sam said in his message.  

 
 

Meanwhile, Xue Fu let out a smile as she returned the phone in Sam's bag. If Sam could not break it off with her girlfriend, then she'll give him a little help. 

 
 

-- 

 
 

"Sorry I'm late. Where are they?" 

 
 

Wes asked the moment he arrived at the restaurant. "They're probably upstairs, but we don't know." Diana told her. "Have you told Sylvia?" he asked. Wayne and Diana looked at each other, and shook their head. "We can't reach her." Wayne said.  

 
 

Wes sighed as he massaged his temple. It would have been better if she was here so he could tell her everything. "Oh, Sylvia is here!" Wayne said, pointing at her. Sylvia saw her friends at the restaurant, so she decided to approach them before going to where Sam is.  

 
 

"Guys! I didn't know you'e here." she said. Wes gave her a worried look. "Why are you here?" he asked. Sylva got confused at his reaction. "I'm meeting Sam." she said. The three of them looked at each other. They don't know what Sam is planning, but they have a bad feeling about it.  

 
 

"Fei Fei, listen to me. Don't go to where Sam is." Wes warned her. "Why? He only want to have a date with me." she said. "He's with another girl." he said. Sylvia was even more confused. "Are you serious? If he's with another girl, then he wouldn't send me this message." she said. Sylvia showed him her phone with Sam's message. As Wes read it, he became more confused.  

 
 

"He's with that childhood friend of his, Sylvia." Diana said. Wayne nodded his head in agreement.  "Listen to me. Someone else saw Sam and his friend. They weren't just friends, they're more than that." Wes told her. Sylvia simply smiled at him. "Of course! They're really close friends." she said. Wes shook her head in frustration. "It's more than that, all right. Just don't go." he said. "Zheng, listen to me. I haven't spent much time with my boyfriend. I want to jump on the chance I could have a date with him. So, wish me luck!" she said.  

 
 

She went on her way to meet Sam, and the three could only watch helplessly. "What are you still doing, Wes? Don't just stand there, let's follow her!" Diana shouted at him. Wes looked back at Diana. "If she will have a heartbreak today, we must be there to support her." she added. Wes knew Diana is right. He let out a sigh, and the three of them followed Sylvia.  

 
 

-- 

 
 

Sam stood in front of Xue Fu as he entered the room. "We should stop seeing each other." Sam told Xue Fu. Xue Fu paused, and looked at him. "Why?" she asked. "You knew very well, I have a girlfriend." 

"A girlfriend you will break up with soon." 

 
 

Xue Fu stood up from her  seat, walked up to him. "You knew very well, even if you don't break up with her now, you'll have to do it eventually. Remember, you're engaged to me." Xue Fu said. "Then I will break the engagement." 

"Are you sure you can?" she asked. 

 
 

She walked up to him, and put her arms around her neck. "You didn't feel anything from our kiss the last time? Didn't you remember how much you loved me?" she asked. Sam looked away from her. The truth is, everything came back to him that time. He realized that he still loves her. Now that Brent is gone,he have a chance on her. But it's too late, because he have Sylvia, and he can't hurt her.  

 
 

"I... I did..." Sam confessed. Xue Fu let out a smile. "Then, why break the engagement? You still love me..." 

"You love Brent." 

"But what if I could learn to love you too? What if I could give you what you want?" 

 
 

Xue Fu pulled Sam closer to him. "Brent's gone. We should stop living in the past. I'm sure wherever he is, he wants us to be happy as well, right? Now, tell me. Do you still love me?" Xue Fu asked. Sam closed his eyes. He was silent for a while, and as he opened his eyes, he looked at Xue Fu. He didn't answer. Instead, he pulled her closer to him, and kissed him on the lips for a long time.  

 
 

Then, Sam felt someone was watching them. He broke their kiss, and as he looked at the door, he saw Sylvia staring at them in a daze. He saw her heart breaking through her eyes, and the tears that was about to fall from it. She didn't speak a word at them, but instead, she chose to run away from that scene.  

 
 

Sam realized what he have done. He wanted to follow Sylvia and explain what she just saw, but before he could, Xue Fu stopped him. "Don't go..." she said. Sam looked back at her, and saw her smirking at him. "Now I'm done with my revenge." she said.