Little Sun

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sportsfest. 

 

Everyone was getting ready for the parade that morning. At one corner of the classroom, Sylvia and Diana are helping Sunnee to look pretty for the parade, since she's the class muse. 

 

"OK, you can open your eyes now." Diana told her as soon as she's done making up her eyes. Then, she handed Sunnee the mirror. Sunnee took it, and then looked at her reflection. "Is this really me?" she asked. Diana smiled, and nodded her head. "I'm so pretty..." she thought as she smiled. Then, she looked at Diana. "Thank you!" she said. 

 

"We're not yet done. Let's do the cheeks, then we'll put some lipstick on you." Diana said. She took her blusher, and then put a pink blush on on her cheeks. Then, Diana picked a pink lipstick, and put it on her lips. 

 

"I want to see! I want to see!"

 

The three of them heard. Sylvia looked up, and saw Wayne running towards them. "I want to see Sunnee!" Wayne said excitedly. Good thing, Diana is done doing Sunnee's make up. She gave way to Wayne so that he could see her. 

 

As Wayne saw Sunnee, he was surprised and amazed at her transformation. From that boyish girl, she transformed into a pretty lady. "Wow, you're so pretty!" he told her. She doesn't know if it's the make up, but Sunnee's cheeks became more pink when she heard what she said. "Thank you, P'Wayne..." she said shyly. 

 

"See, we can make Sunnee pretty." Sylvia said proudly. Then, all of the boys had their eyes on Sunnee, which made her conscious. "Wow, I can't believe Sunnee can be this pretty..." Win said. Evan's jaw dropped as he put his hand on his chest. "I think I'm in love with her." he said. 

 

Then, Evan felt someone hit him in the head. He looked to his side, and saw Wes standing beside him. "You always fall in love with pretty girls." Wes commented. Evan could only pout at the class president. Then, he looked at Sunnee, and let out a smile. "You're really pretty today, Sunnee. I'm pretty sure even Dylan would fall in love with you today." Wes said. 

 

Sunnee let out a laugh. "Ice princess? No way!" she said. Then, she looked at Wayne. "But I hope, P'Wayne does..." she thought. "All right then, let's get ready. The parade is about to start." Wes said. All the students rushed outside the classroom, and it was Sunneee, Wayne and Diana that was left behind. "We should get going." Diana said as she stood up. 

 

"Wait..." Wayne said as he saw Sunnee stand up from her seat. "What is it, P'Wayne?" she asked. Diana looked back, and saw Wayne smiling at Sunnee. "We forgot this." Wayne said, showing him a pink hairpin. "Let me help you put it on your hair, all right?" Wayne said. Sunnee smiled as she nodded her head. 

 

Wayne carefully put it at the side of her hair. Then, he looked closely at her. Sunnee felt like melting with the way Wayne looked at her. "Made you even more cute." he said. Sunnee blushed even more with what he said. "Thanks...." she said. 

 

Diana felt her own heart breaking seeing how close Wayne is to Sunnee. "Maybe, it's Sunnee that he really likes. After all, they had a lot of things in common..." she thought. She watched as Wayne held out his hand to her, to help her stand up. Then, he linked his arm to hers. "Stay close to me during the parade. I'll be the one to you, all right?" Wayne said to her.  Sunnee simply nodded her head. 

 

Diana looked away, and went out of the classroom ahead of them. When she used to be the muse for the parade, he never escorted her, because it was either Wes or Evan that escorts her. But now, Wayne volunteered to Sunnee, and she felt jealous. 

 

She walked alone until she reached their line at the school ground. When Sylvia saw her, she saw how sad she is. "Diana, are you all right?" Sylvia asked. Diana looked at her, and tried to smile. "Yes, I am." she said. "Why do you look sad?" Wes asked her. "I'm not sad. I'm OK. I'm happy, see?" she said, trying to force a happy smiled. 

 

Wes and Sylvia looked at each other. They both know something is wrong with Diana, although they can't figure it all out. 

 

Dylan walked over their line to check on them. "Where's your muse?" he asked Wes, who was standing in front of him. "She and Wayne is on their way here." Wes said. Upon hearing Wayne's name, Wes see Dylan wrinkled his brow. "You can't join the parade if your muse is still isn't here." Dylan said firmly. "Ah, there they are!" Sylvia said, pointing at Sunnee.

 

Dylan looked at her direction, and when he saw Sunnee, he let out a smile. He sure is mesmerized by the way she looked today. "My little sun, you're so beautiful today..." he thought. Wes looked at Dylan, and noticed how he smiled while looking at Sunnee. He's wondering why Dylan was smiling at her, and why he looks at her that way. 

 

Wayne and Sunnee joined their line, and stayed in front of it. When Dylan saw how Wayne is holding Sunnee, the smiled in his face slowly faded. "I hope you're happy today, my little sun. You have him by your side." Dylan thought. Then, Wes cleared his throat, and looked at Dylan. "President, our muse is very pretty isn't she?" Wes asked. Dylan shot a look at Sunnee. "No." he said firmly. Wayne and Wes felt a sweatdrop on their forehead. "Huh?" they both exclaimed. Then, they looked at each other. "She's beautiful, can't you two see?" he thought. 

 

Then, he walked over Diana, and smiled at her. "I'll see you later." he said. He winked at her before walking away from their group. "Dylan sure does like you a lot. I've never seen that guy so persistent with a girl." Diana hear Sylvia said. Diana let out a sigh. "It's actually annoying." she said. "Then, just stay away from him so you won't get in a bad mood, all right?" Sylvia told her. Diana nodded her head. 

 

--

 

The parade has started. The student council officers and the teachers were at the podium as they watched the parade to commence. As Wes' class passed by stage, Dylan locked his eyes on one girl - Sunnee. 

 

Ian saw the student council president smile as their class passed by them. Knowing that he is pursuing Diana, he teased Dylan. "Ah, your eyes are only on Diana huh? You two look good together." Ian . Dylan just glared at him, as he turned his attention to the parade. "But Sunnee looks pretty today, huh?" Ian said. 

 

Dylan gave him another glare, which made Ian shiver in fear. "No." he said firmly. "Dylan, I know you hate that girl, even if I don't understand why. But she really looks pretty today. Who knows, she might win the best muse today. And after today, all boys in this school will ask her out for a date." Ian said. "I'm not going to let that happen." Dylan muttered. Ian just gave him a confused look. 

 

--

 

"We're done with the parade!"

"Let's get ready for the first game!"

"Hey, anyone seen my jersey?"

"Let's go!"

 

Sylvia and Wes went inside classroom. Diana followed them, then Wayne and Sunnee followed through. "Are you tired?" Wayne asked Sunnee. "I'm all right." Sunnee told him. "Then, you should take some rest. Our even is this afternoon, so you need all the energy." Wayne told her. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

Out of nowhere, Evan popped up between them. "Hey, Sunnee!" he greeted. Sunnee raised an eyebrow at him. Since this morning, Evan had been extra attentive to her. "Are you thirsty? I have a bottle of water here just for you." he said. Sunnee gave him a skeptical look as she took the bottle from his hand. "Thank you." she said. She opened it, and drank from it. While she was drinking it, Evan asked her a question. "Sunnee, will you go out on a date with me?"

 

Sunnee spit out the water on Evan's because of shock. Wayne was trying his best not to laugh. "What?! Are you kidding me?" she asked aloud. Before Evan could say something, he felt someone pinching his ear. "Evan Ma, what the hell do you think you're still doing? You're supposed to be preparing for your game now!" Win told him. Evan flinched in pain. "All right, all right! I'm going!" Evan said. 

 

Win let him go, and Evan ran outside the classroom. Sunnee was thankful Win saved her. "Thank you, P'Win." Sunnee said. "Don't go out on a date with Evan all right? He's a playboy." Win told her. Sunnee nodded her head. "Go out on a date with me instead." Win said. 

 

Wayne could feel a vein popping out of his forehead. "Hey, get out of here!" he told him off. Sunnee could only laugh at Win as he leaves the two. Then, Wayne turned to her. "If he asks me out on a date, I'll definitely say yes..." she thought. "Don't mind the two. They like chasing pretty girls." Wayne said. Sunnee just smiled again. "Thank you, P'Wayne." she said. 

 

"Anyway, do you have plans later? Do you want to go to the comic store?" Wayne asked her. Then, Evan and Win popped behind him. "So, you're planning to ask her out that's why you're chasing us away, huh?" Win told him. Wayne looked back, and saw the irritation in his face. "Do you really think you're more handsome than the two of us?" Evan asked Wayne. 

 

Then, they felt someone hit their head. It was Sylvia. "If you two won't stop annoying Sunnee and Wayne, I will kick the two of you out of this room." Sylvia told him. Scared, Evan and Win ran out of the classroom. "Thank you, P'Sylvia." Sunnee said as she bowed at her. "Will you go out with me?" Sylvia 

 

Hearing that, Wes choked on his drink. He doesn't know which hurts, his esophagus or his heart. "What?!" he thought. Diana helped him by rubbing his back. "What's wrong?" Diana asked. Wes just shook his head as he tried to cough up the water he choked. 

 

Wayne and Sunnee looked at Sylvia, surprised at what she said. "Fei Fei?" Wayne asked. Sylvia realized that the two must have misunderstood her. "Go out with me to the cafeteria to buy something to eat, all right?" Sylvia explained. Wayne, Wes and Sunnee was able to sigh with relief. "Sure! I'm hungry." Sunnee said. Then, Wes popped up behind Sylvia. "I'm going with you. I'm hungry too." he told her. "All right, then let's go." Sylvia said. 

 

After the three left, Wayne looked at Diana, and saw her in her deep thoughts. "Diana?" Wayne called her, as he walked towards her desk. Diana looked up at him, and tried to smile. "Hey..." she said. "What's wrong? You looked sad." he said as he sat in front of her. "I'm OK. I'm just a little tired, I guess." she said as an excuse. 

 

Wayne gave her a worried look. "Are you sick?" he asked. Diana shook her head. "Or, was it because you're annoyed with Dylan?" he asked. Diana let out a sigh. "For someone as serious as he is, he is very annoying." she said. Wayne let out a laugh. "You really don't like him? I know a lot of girls who would die to date him."

 

Diana pouted at him. "I'm not one of those girls. And besides, I'm waiting for someone to ask me out." she said. Wayne looked away from her. "My stupid love rival should die." he mumbled under his breath. "What did you say?" Diana asked, unable to get what he said. Wayne looked at her, and scratched his head. "Nothing..." he said. 

 

Then, he looked at her with a devious smile on his face. He then moved closer to her face, and pinched her cheek. "Wayne!" she shouted. "Don't be sad anymore! I'm going to do my best to make you smile!" Wayne said, trying to stretch her cheek to make her smile. Diana just let out a pout at him. Then, Wayne began to tickle her sides, which makes her laugh even more. 

 

"Xiao Jin, stop it!" Diana said as she stood up from her seat. She stepped back to get away from Wayne so he could stop tickling her. "Smile now." Wayne said. "No."

"You sure you're not going to smile?"

"No."

 

Then, he walked towards her, and tickled her again. "Xiao Jin! All right, all right! I'll smile now!" Diana said. Before she knew it, she was already in Wayne's arms. Their faces were just a few inches closer, and the two of them were staring at each other. 

 

From the door, Sunnee saw how Wayne looked at Diana. That was when she realized, he liked her, while she have no chance with him.