Season Of Rain

Me And The Girl Next Door

A/N: In the prequel, Me And The Boy Next Door, Ella and Chun are sworn enemies since kids. They found out they are neighbors years later. Ella's crush and Chun's crush fell in love with each other, so they plotted something to make them jealous. Then they have to pretend to be a couple because they were arranged to be married by their grandparents, and in the process, they fell in love. 

 
 

Let me know if you want me to upload the story here :D It used to be in Winglin, and Winglin is gone forever. 

 
 

-- 

 
 

Ella looked outside her window, and saw that it's raining. She looked at that spot where she and Chun confessed their love for each other years ago. She let out a smile as she remembered what happened that night. 

 
 

[Flashback] 

 
 

“For once, I wanted to be happy. I am happy, that I know. And I also know that I can't be happy with him. He's my best friend, the one that I've been in love with forever... but there's this person I met, the old person I've recently discovered. We kind of had this love-hate relationship, if you may call that...” she said. “Wait, wait, wait... I don't think I'm following you...” Chun said. “Will you shut up, and listen to me for once?” Ella said. With that, Chun shut up. “So I was saying, there's this person I met. The same person I hated. I hate him, but then I realized that I love him. I want him out of my life, but then I want him to stay forever. My life can never be the same without him.” she continued. 

 
 

She took a deep breath and continued with what she is saying. “Sphinx proposed to me. But... he never said those three words I want to hear. I could never be with someone who couldn't even tell me that he loves me, even if he's just pretending to be loving me. So I left him. I went to this park to think things through. It was the same park I used to go with this guy. While I was reflecting on what's going on, I came into conclusion, that he is the reason why I can't be with Sphinx. I've fallen -” 

“Wait. Stop right there.” 

Ella gave Chun confused look. Chun knew what Ella was about to say. He let out a smile after he interrupted her. “I think I know where this is leading to. I think I know what you're about to say. I may be assuming things, but before you say anything, listen to me first.” he said. He took a deep breath, and then began with his confession. “I love you, Ella Chen.” he said. Ella's mouth fell open at what he said. “C-can you repeat that?” she asked. “I love you. Damn, I've been in love with you since we were kids. It's just that, I seem to mess up everything between us, that you ended up hating me more. I just want you to notice me, that's why I kept on bullying you. And when you're pissed off, I always give you those cookies you love.” he said. Too much information for Ella. She couldn't believe what she is hearing from Chun. She felt her hear beating fast with each secret he is revealing to her. “You are my cookie guy?” she asked. Chun nodded his head. “And that kiss... it was a dare for me to kiss my crush.” 

“So... you kissed me?” 

Chun nodded his head. 

 
 

Ella let out a laugh, after hearing what he said. “Can I continue now, chicken face?” she asked. Chun nodded his head. “As I was saying, I think I've fallen in love with the guy pretending to be my boyfriend...” she said. Chun folded his arms, and looked at her sternly. “You think?” he asked. Ella let out a laugh as she shook her head. “Let me rephrase that. I know I am in love with you, chicken face.” she said. Chun walked up to her with a huge smile on his face. “And I love you too, Ms. Piggy...” he said. He lifted up her chin, and then gazed into her eyes. “I'm hopelessly, and madly in love with you...” he whispered to her. And with that he sealed her lips with a kiss. 

 
 

[End Of Flashback] 

 
 

A tear fell from her eye as she remembered the happiest day of her life. She misses her husband so much, but she know that if she stays, it will only be more difficult for him. "I miss you, chicken face..." she whispered.  

 
 

-- 

 
 

Sylvia happily walked towards the VIP room. She couldn't wait to see Sam. She let out a smile as she held on the the door knob. "Sam, I'm here." she said.  

 
 

As she opened the door, it was a different scene that she saw. Sam isn't alone. He's with Xue Fu. And they were kissing. She watched as Sam pulled Xue Fu closer to him as their kiss deepens. Right before her, the boy she love has broken her heart.  

 
 

She felt her chest tighten. She wanted to walk forward to them and stop them, but her feet couldn't make a step. It was as if she was frozen in her place. As seconds pass by, she felt weaker. The only thing she could to is let the tears fall from their eyes as she watched them. She was helpless. 

 
 

She felt her heart was torn into pieces,that every breath she takes, the broken pieces pierces through her. As he looked at him with surprise in his eyes, she felt even more hurt. How could he forget his love for her, and kiss another girl? 

 
 

She didn't want to hear his explanation. She didn't want to hear him speak at all. As he opened his mouth to say a word, she gathered all her remaining strength, and ran. She ran and ran, until her legs are numb. She ran until tears blinded her eyes. She ran until she could no longer run. She ran until her heart is heavy enough to stop her.  

 
 

Sylvia found herself in the old park she always hang out at when she was a kid. She found her favorite place in that park - the crawl tunnel which has been her refuge ever since. As the thunder roared in the sky, she took refuge inside the tunnel, and cried her heart out.  

 
 

-- 

 
 

Wes followed Sylvia to the VIP room, but as he was about to approach her, she ran away. "Fei Fei!" he called. He doesn't know what just happened. She was happy before going to the VIP room, and now, she's running away. All he know is the reason for that - it's Sam.  

 
 

He wanted to go and confront Sam. But he knew, he needs to be with Sylvia right now. He immediately went downstairs, and found Diana and Wayne outside the restaurant. "Sylvia!" he heard Diana shout. Wes got out of the restaurant, and joined the two. "Where is she?" he asked. Wayne shrugged his shoulders. "We don't know. She was crying and running, she didn't even hear us call her." Wayne said. "Which direction did she go to?" Wes asked. "That way!" Diana said pointing her finger to the north. "Let's go and follow her." Wes said. 

 
 

The three ran towards Sylvia's direction. They tried to search for her, and even ask the poeple around if they found her, but they still couldn't find her. It was almost night time,and they couldn't find her. Desparate, Wes decided to call Sylvia's home to see if she's arrived. 

 
 

"Hello, Ella jie? Is Sylvia home?" Wes asked over the phone. "Not yet, and I'm getting worried. Where are you? Please come home, Wes. It's getting late, and it might rain soon." Ella said on the other line. "We will, Ella jie. I just need to find Fei Fei." he said before ending the call. He then turned to Diana and Wayne. "She's not yet home." Wes told them. "Where could she have gone to?" Diana asked worriedly.  

 
 

"It's getting late. You two go home first. Wayne, take Diana home. I'll continue to search for Sylvia" Wes told them. "But I want to find Sylvia too!" Diana protested. "Diana, it will rain soon. Besides, your parents might be looking for you." Wes told her. Diana just let out a sigh of frustration. "Wes is right. Let's go home first. I know Wes will let us know once he find Fei Fei." Wayne said.  

 
 

Diana looked at Wayne with resignation, then he turned to Wes. "Will you promise to call me once you found Fei Fei?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "Wayne, make sure Diana gets home safely, all right?' Wes said. Wayne smiled at him, and nodded his head. Then, he ran to search for Fei Fei again.  

 
 

-- 

 
 

As the thunder filled the silence of the place with it's roar, Sylvia covered her ears. She doesn't know what made her cry the most - the deafening sound of the thunder, or her heart that broke into pieces. She tried to stop herself from crying, but she couldn't. She just wanted to stay in that tunnel and never come out until her heart no longer feels the pain.  

 
 

Wes kept on running and walking, trying to find Sylvia. His feet took him to the park, where he and Sylvia used to go to as children. He doesn't know if she's here, but for him, it's worth a shot. "Fei Fei?" he called her name. "Fei Fei? Are you here?" he called again.  

 
 

He took out his phone, and dialed her number for the nth time. There was a ring on the other line. And from where he is standing, he could hear her ring tone. He looked at the playground tunnel, as he was sure the sound is coming that way. "Fei Fei?" he called again. As he get nearer, he could hear a muffled sob.  

 
 

Rain started to fall. As he looked inside the tunnel, Wes saw Sylvia inside. "Fei Fei..." he called. Sylvia looked at him, and she began to cry harder this time. She doesn't want to be found by him at this state. She doesn't want to see him this brokenhearted. After all, he's still brokenhearted as well.  

 
 

Wes knelt down, and took her hand. Then, he led her out of the playground tunnel. "Fei, I've been looking for you..." he said. The thunder roared again. Scared, Sylvia hugged Wes. He didn't speak another word. He just let her cry in his shoulder. He knows she could not bear the pain in her heart, and as her friend, he could only console her.  

 
 

There was lightning, followed by another thunder. Sylvia held on tight to Wes, as both of them got drenched in the rain. "Sssshhh... it's all right... big brother is here..." he told her. Sylvia just cried in his shoulder.  

 
 

Just then, Sylvia suddenly stopped crying. She looked at Wes and closed her eyes before falling unconsciously into his arms "Fei Fei!" he panicked. He carried her weak body back home.  

 
 

--