Want To Say

Me And The Girl Next Door

"You're dead!" 

 

The girl threw a hard punch at his face, making him fall on his back. "Ouch!" he flinched. That was the most painful punch he took, more painful that that of the other gangs he used to fight with. 

 

"Is her hand made of steel? Or rock?" he thought as nursed his eye. "ert!" she shouted again. This time, he got kicked in the groin. "Awwww..." he flinched again. He's pretty sure he won't be able to bear a child anymore. "I am not a ert!" he said to her. 

 

Sam looked up at the girl who looked like a boy glaring at her. "Don't let me see you again or I swear to God I will kill you!" she shouted angrily at him before leaving. 

 

He sat up from the ground. He suddenly became tired because of that girl that looked like a boy, instead of being tired following Sylvia around. "... that... creature...." he muttered. 

 

--

"Wes..."

 

Dylan said as he walked towards Wes. After Wes sent Sylvia home, he called Dylan to meet up with him. "Sorry to bother you today. You might have a date with Sunnee..." Wes apologized. Dylan smiled as he shook his head. "Sunnee has a shift today. I also have a shift at the comic books store, but it's for later. Why did you want to talk to me?" Dylan asked. 

 

"I'll  get straight to the point. Do you know if Sam will coming back to school?" Wes asked. Dylan took a deep breath. "You'll find out anyway... but yes. He's coming back this Monday." Dylan answered him. Wes was surprised at what he said. "But I thought you said he transferred?" Wes asked. "That's what we thought too. But before we could process his transfer papers, he called to say he's not transferring anymore." Dylan said. 

 

Wes lowered his head. "I wasn't planning to tell you this until Monday morning, but I have to. Sunnee convinced me to tell you eventually." Dylan said. Wes looked up at him again. "Sunnee knew?" he asked. Dylan nodded his head. "I told her because she knew what happened among the three of you. She wanted to tell you, but I stopped her, because it was confidential that time." Dylan explained. 

 

Wes smiled at him, and patted his shoulder. "Thank you, Dylan. I owe you one." he said. He waved goodbye, and turned to leave. But then, he heard Dylan speak again. "You need to fight for her, you know." Dylan said. Wes paused, and looked back at him. "If you want to have Sylvia by your side, you need to fight for her love." Dylan said with a smile. 

 

--

 

Sylvia sat in her bed as she stared at the wall in front of her. "Why did he have to come back? Just when I'm getting OK, he had the nerve to show up?"she thought. She never thought she would see Sam again. She was scared that all her feelings for him would come back, and she would hurt Wes. 

 

"Yu Fei, get a hold of yourself. Don't fall for Sam again. After all, he chose to be with Xue Fu, right?" she told herself. Then, she let out a sigh. As she closed her eyes, it wasn't Sam's image that he saw, but the sad look on Wes' face. "What are you thinking, Zheng? Are you sad that he's back?" she thought. 

 

She let out another sigh as she hugged her knee. "I don't want to be confused with my feelings. I know  that I love Zheng. But Sam... did he came back to confuse the hell out of me?" she thought. Then, she leaned on the headboard. "I shouldn't be confused. I'm choosing what my heart wants this time. But, is it the right time to tell Zheng I love him? If I did, he might think I'm accepting him as a rebound. No, I can't let him think that way. I need to get rid of Sam first before  I confess to Zheng." she said. She smiled as she balled out her fist. "Yup. I need to get Sam out of my life!" she said to herself. 

 

--

 

Sylvia looked up at Sam, and saw how quiet he is as they walked to school. "Is there anything wrong?" Sylvia asked worriedly. Wes looked at her, and let out a faint smile. "I'm OK. I guess I'm just thinking about some things...."

"Like?"

"What will happen today."

 

Sylvia smiled. "It's going to be a good day, don't worry." she said. Wes let out a sigh. "You need to know something." Wes told her. Sylvia stopped walking as she looked at him. "What is it?" she asked. "Sam... he's coming back to school today. He didn't continue his transfer." Wes explained. She became silent. The only thing she could do is nod her head.

 

"Fei, I'm a little worried about you. I just don't want you to get hurt because of him." Wes told her. "I'm not going to be hurt." she said. Then, she let out a smile. She reached for his hand, and held it tight. "As long as I have you by my side, I know I can face anything. As long as you hold my hand, I know I can be brave." she said. 

 

Wes stared at her. He had so many questions, but he doesn't know if it's the right time to ask them. He wanted to know what she feels for Sam. Does she still love him? What would she do now that he's back? Will she accept him again after his break up. His fears keeps building up inside his heart. He's afraid to lose her, even if he knew she wasn't hers from the start. But one thing's for sure - he's not going to allow her to be hurt again. He's not going to allow Sam to break her heart again. 

 

He smiled at her as he held her hand tightly. "Then, just hold my hand. When you're scared, when you're hurt, when you're confused. I will be just here for you." he told her. Sylvia nodded her head. 

 

She looked at him, wanting to say everything in her heart. She wanted to tell him not to be scared, or not to be sad. She wanted to tell him that she loves him, but now isn't the right time to tell him that. She had to clear the situation with Sam before she could tell him how much she loves him. 

 

--

 

Sam entered the empty classroom. He looked around, and felt a lot of things have changed since he was gone. But still, he's glad to be back. He walked towards his chair, and ran his fingers through it. From his desk, he remembered having a perfect view of Sylvia. 

 

When everyone thought he's asleep in his desk, the truth is he's secretly observing her. Sometimes, instead of taking notes, he would draw her in his notebook. How many secret glances he made before? Sometimes, he was scared that Sylvia would catch him staring at her. 

 

"Good morning!"

 

He heard someone say. He looked back, and saw the girl that looked like a boy that hit him at the street market that weekend. He furrowed his brow as he looked at her. 

 

Pei Ci was surprised to see the ert in his class. "You..." she hissed. She pointed at him as she glared at him angrily. "What are you doing here?!" she shouted. Sam let out a smirk. "I'm part of this class. How about you?" he told her. "I study here! If you're part of this class, then how come I didn't see you the past week?" Pei Ci asked. "I'm sorry, but I don't tell my life story to people I'm not familiar with." Sam told her as he sat on his desk. 

 

Pei Ci huffed as she glared at him. "Let me tell you this, ert. If you dare to touch me again or any of the girls here, I'll kill you!" Pei Ci shouted angrily at him. Sam let out a laugh. "Touch you? What is there to touch? Your chest looks like a runway at the airport." Sam told her.

 

An angry tick formed on Pei Ci's forehead. Sam looked at his hand, which he formed into a C. "You're not even a C. I didn't felt any s at all." he insulted her. "Why you..." 

 

Then, Pei Ci lunged at him, taking him by his collar. Sam didn't appear scared at her, but rather smirked at him. "Why? Are you mad because you don't have s?" Sam . Pei Ci balled her fist. As she was about to punch him, Sylvia and Wes arrived. "Pei Ci, no!" both of them shouted. But it was too late, for her fist landed on Sam's face again.