That Girl He Likes

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sunnee was fixing the stack of mangas she's about to return to the store when she saw another one at the corner of her study table. Curious, she took it. "Itazura na kiss? Did P'Wayne recommended this to me?" She thought. 

 

Just then, her phone rang. She looked at the screen of her phone, and saw an unknown number. "Hello?" She said as she answered the phone. "Hi, is this Ms. Sunnee Yang?" The guy on the other line said. "Yeah, this is her. Who is this?" She asked. "Hi, this is Zi Qi from the manga store. We would like to remind you to  about the mangas you borrowed. It's due today." The guy on the other line said. "Ah, yes. I will return the mangas today." she said. She ended the call, and then began to stack the mangas she will return.  

 

After a while, Sunnee went to the comic book store to return the books. He saw a brown haired guy manning the counter. "Weird, ice princess doesn't have a shift today?" She thought. The brown haired guy smiled at her. "Hi, how may I help you?" He asked. "Are you Zi Qi? The one who called me a while ago?" she asked. He gave her a confused look, then looked down.  

 

What Sunnee didn't know was Dylan had a shift that day, and was hiding under the counter. The brown haired guy looked at the paper he was holding. "Just tell her yes!" he wrote on the paper. He looked up at the Sunnee, and smiled. "It's me, yes, it's me." he said as he laughed nervously. "Ah, so you must be Zi Qi?" Sunnee asked. Then, she looked at his name tag, and saw a different name written on it. "But can I call you Teddy?" She asked. Teddy nodded his head as he smiled nervously. 

 

Sunnee put the stack of manga on the table. "I read them all, except for one. Is it possible if I could borrow this again? I'd also like to borrow a few more mangas." she said. Teddy took the book, and looked at it. "Itazura Na Kiss?" He said. Teddy felt a tug on his pants, and he looked down. Dylan held out another paper. "Let her extend that manga." Dylan wrote on the paper. Then, Teddy looked at Sunnee. "Yes, I'll extend the due date for this manga." He said.  

 

He took the book, and wrote something on it for the due date, and then handed it back to her. "Why don't you go ahead and find other mangas to borrow?" He told her. Sunnee smiled, and nodded her head.  

 

As Sunnee left the counter to go to the shelves, Teddy knelt down and looked for Dylan. "What the heck are you doing?" Teddy whispered in annoyed tone. "Just don't let her know I'm here." Dylan whispered back at him. Teddy rolled his eyes at his friend.  "Then how will you do your work while she's here?" He asked.  Dylan let out a sigh, and the got out of the counter. He then took hi cap, and put it on his hand. "She won't recognize me with a cap, right?" he asked Teddy. Teddy wanted to laugh at him, but for now, he can only shake his head. Someone could still recognize Dylan with his cap on, but he didn't bother to tell him that. "Whatever. Just do your job, or boss will scold us again. Better put these mangas back to the shelves." Teddy said as he shoved the books on his chest. 

 

Dylan went to one of the bookshelves, and from where he is standing, he could see Sunnee looking at the mangas at the shelf on the other side. He let out a smile to himself as he watched her. He could see her expression change with every book she looks at. She would smile, or look confused, or in deep thoughts. Whatever her expression is, what he liked the most is when she would smile, because  it made him smile as well. 

 

Sunnee felt someone watching her. When she turned around, Dylan immediate faced the opposite way so he wouldn't find out he's watching her. "Weird... I felt ice princess's presence here. But he's not around, right?" she thought. She then continued to look around for more mangas to borrow. "I knew you'd be here today, Sunnee." she heard someone say. She looked at her side, and saw Wayne walking towards her. "P'Wayne!" she called happily. When Dylan heard Wayne's voice, the smile in his face was abruptly gone. 

 

"So, are you renting out other mangas?" Wayne asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "I wasn't able to read your other recommendation, so I borrowed it again." she said, showing him the manga. "Hmmm... Itazura Na Kiss? I haven't read this one as well!" Wayne said. Sunnee was surprised at what he said. "Really? I thought you're the one who recommended this to me..." she said. "But I heard from Sylvia that it's good." Wayne said. Sunnee gave him a smile. "Then, I'll read this one too." she said. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

Dylan pouted as he eavesdropped on their conversation. "Stupid, I was the one who put that manga on your stack before..." he thought. He remembered, it was the day he forced a kiss on her. "Why would you think that dork gave you that manga to read? Stupid Elsa." he thought again. 

 

"Hey, Sunnee. Do you want to get some snacks?" Wayne asked her. "Snacks?" she asked him. Wayne nodded his head. "I'd love to!" she said as she smiled."And I love you too!" she wanted to add. "Great! Then, let's check out these mangas at the counter so we can get something to eat." Wayne said. Sunnee nodded his head.

 

As they went to the counter, Dylan followed them with his deathly glare. "This dork... why do you want to get close to this stupid sunny girl anyway?" he thought. As soon as the two left, Dylan went back to the counter. "I just saw the girl you like leave with another guy!" Teddy . Dylan could only glare at him while he laughs. "What's with you and acting cold? Do you really think you're Jiang Zhi Shu from It Started With A Kiss?" Teddy asked."Shut up." he said as he joined him behind the counter. 

 

"Look, Dylan, if you like her, just be true to yourself, and tell her how you feel." Teddy said to him. "How can I? I can't even get close to her, especially after I rejected her friend." 

"But you only rejected her friend because she's the one you like, right?"

"Yes."

"Then, what's wrong?"

"She hates me to bits, all right? When we see each other, we always clash. It's like she made it her duty to always insult me at school."

"But admit it, you like that attention she's giving you."

 

Dylan paused for a while. "My day isn't complete without her insult." Dylan answered. "Scratch that. My day isn't complete without seeing her..." Then, he let out a smile. "Just like her name, she's like the sun. Just her smile brightens up my day..." he added. "And it was all because she helped to return your wallet to you during your vacation in Thailand, right? She helped chase those robbers to return your wallet." Teddy reminded him. Dylan nodded his head. "And, she helped me when  I got lost in that foreign place. She helped me find where my parents are, and the hotel where we are staying. I know it happened back in middle school, but I still remember the way she smiled at me. That reassuring smile has been etched in my mind ever since. That's why when I found out she studies at my school, you don't know how happy I am." he said. Then, he let out a sigh. "Too bad, she doesn't remember that memory, or even me." he added.

 

Teddy shook his head. "And now, you do part time jobs to save money to go to college in Thailand just to be with her, because you found out she plans to go back home after high school. I don't know  about you. Sometimes, you're cold. Most of the time, you're love struck, especially when you see her." Teddy said. Dylan's cheek turned pink upon hearing that. "I have an idea. Do you want to get noticed by her?" Teddy asked. Dylan nodded his head. "Try being close to another girl. Maybe she'll be jealous." he suggested. "Silly, that won't happen." Dylan said, dismissing him. 

 

Then, an idea struck his head. This time, Dylan looked at him, and smiled. "Or maybe it would work..." he said. "Now, you know what I mean." Teddy said. "Especially if I get close to a girl close to that dork." Dylan said. He rubbed his chin as he hatched his idea in his head. "I just hope it won't backfire." Teddy said. "It won't Teddy..." he said confidently. "It won't."