Picking On Her

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Wes, Dylan called a meeting today for class officers." Sunnee heard Evan telling their class president. She froze in her place. As the class secretary, she had to deal with the ice princess again. "Who do he need? All the class officers?" Wes asked. Evan shook his head. "Just the President, the VP and the Secretary will do. The rest of us doesn't need to be there." Evan said. Wes smiled at him, and nodded his head. "I'll inform Wayne and Sunnee." Wes said. 

 

Then, Wes turned to Sunnee. "Sunnee, we have a meeting with the student council today." he told her. Sunnee nodded her head. "I heard." she said. Then she turned away from him. She felt uneasy and awkward upon hearing Dylan's name.  Wes was curious at the change of her expression upon hearing Dylan's name. He knew Sunnee and Dylan doesn't go along well, especially after Dylan coldly rejected Eunice's love confession before. But he does not know why Sunnee is reacting this way. 

 

Just then, Wayne sat next to him. "Hey, Dylan calls for a meeting. Be sure to be there, since you're my VP." Wes told him. Wayne nodded his head. "How was the photo shoot?"  Wayne asked him. Wes let out a proud smile. "Guess who just became a model unexpectedly?" he said. Wayne was surprised at him. Nevertheless, he was happy. "Really? I knew it. You know, Diana and I were talking about you this weekend. She said someone might discover you because of your good looks. She was right." Wayne said. Wes gave him a suspicious look. "Diana, huh? So, you two..."

 

"Wei! You told me to check on her from time to time, right?" Wayne said defensively. Wes just let out a laugh. He's just happy that somehow, Wayne and Diana are close. "So did you go to the comic book store with Sunnee this weekend?" Wes asked. Wayne nodded his head. "Yeah, she borrowed some new mangas." Wayne said. Then, Wes looked at Sunnee. "Then, why is she like that?" Wes asked. Wayne shrugged his shoulder. "I don't know. Maybe she got affected by the manga she's reading. Wait for me, I'll try to find out." Wayne said. 

 

He stood up from his seat, and stood in front of her. "Sunnee?" Wayne called her. Sunnee looked up at him, and smiled. "P'Wayne!" Sunnee said. "Do you know why your name is Sunnee?" he asked. Sunnee gave him a puzzled look. "Because you're blonde hair makes you shine! Ha ha ha ha!" Wayne said. Wes cringed upon hearing Wayne's joke, if that's even a joke, but still, Wayne was able to make her smile. "Aiyo, P'Wayne you really like to joke around." Sunnee said as she scratch her head. "What's wrong with our sunny girl? Why are you sad?" Wayne asked as she sat in front of her. "Oh, I'm just thinking of some things."

"What things?"

"Just little things."

"Don't overthink about it. You don't look cute when you're serious." 

 

Then, Wayne pinched her cheek. It was this scene that Dylan saw from the window of their classroom. He felt angry seeing Wayne and Sunnee together, and most of all, with Sunnee being this close to Wayne. At the corner of her eye, Sunnee saw Dylan looking at them. She could see the rage in his eyes as he looked at Wayne and her. 

 

"Aiyo, P'Wayne, that hurts!" Sunnee said. Wayne let out a smile. "Whatever it is that you're thinking, don't let it affect your mood all right? You look much cuter when you smile." Wayne said. This time, he pinched her nose. With that, Sunnee smiled at him. "Thank you, P'Wayne for making me smile." she said. 

 

--

 

Wes, Wayne and Sunnee went inside the student council office. Wes sat next to Sunnee, while Sunnee sat next to Wayne. While waiting for the rest of the student council officers, the three of them chatted. "Sunnee, don't forget to take some notes so we could tell the rest of the class what the meeting is all about, all right?" Wes reminded her. Sunnee smiled, and gave him a thumbs up. 

 

Then, Wayne leaned to Sunnee, and whispered to her. "Hey, you know why you're really called Sunnee?" Wayne asked her. "I know it's my blonde hair, P'Wayne." Sunnee said. "No. You're called Sunnee because you give out a ray of light, like a sunshine." Wayne told her. Sunnee looked at him, and smiled shyly. Wes could see the pink tint from her cheeks as she turned away from Wayne. 

 

"Wayne, stop being such a flirt. And when did you start to flirt?" Wes said. Wayne pouted at him. "Are you jealous?" he asked. "Of course I am. You should only flirt with me." Wes said. Sunnee couldn't help but laugh at the two. Wes smiled to himself the moment he saw Sunnee smile. Then, Wayne nudged her. "Don't mind Wes. He's just jealous because we're close." Wayne said. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

Just then, the rest of the class officers and student council officers came in. The moment Dylan saw Sunnee and Wayne sitting besides each other, his aura became dim. He had to find a way to break them apart. "Huang Wei Jin, I believe that's my seat." Dylan said. Wayne looked up at him, and gave him an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Dylan. I'll just seat next to Wes." Wayne said. He gathered his things, and sat beside Wes. Sunnee wanted to stop Wayne from leaving her with Dylan, but there's nothing she could do. 

 

"Stupid Ice Princess..." she muttered under her breath. Wes leaned to Sunnee, and whispered to her. "Endure it for a while." Wes told her. She wondered, how can she last the whole meeting with Dylan beside her. It was OK with her before since he meant nothing to her. But things changed after that kiss.

 

She shook her head. She wanted to erase that memory of Dylan forcefully kissing her at the corner of the book store. She still don't know why he did that. Even if he's fed up with her insulting him, why would he kiss her in revenge?

 

"Today, we'll discuss the school festival and the upcoming sportsfest." Dylan said. As Dylan was discussing, Sunnee was taking down notes. She doesn't dare to look up at him. "For the sportsfest, you also need to nominate a muse for each class. Just a reminder though, the muse should be pretty, not handsome." Dylan said throwing a disgusted look at Sunnee. 

 

Sunnee noticed his verbal attack, but decided to keep quiet. Dylan continued to talk about the plans. This time, he's talking about the school festival. Wayne noticed that Dylan has been glaring at Sunnee the whole time. "What's wrong with this guy? Is he trying to pick on me again?" she thought. "There will also be a talent contest at the school festival, so anyone who wants to join can register. Just make sure your talent does not include insulting other people." Dylan said, shooting another glare at Sunnee. 

 

Wayne nudged Wes, and Wes leaned on him. "Let's do the talent contest!" he said. Wes smiled at him. "The HongJin duo?" Wes asked. Wayne nodded his head. "Let's do it then!" Wes said. "So, if you have any question..." Dylan said. Sunnee raised her hand. "Yes, Sunnee?" Dylan said. "If my talent includes being cool and handsome who thinks highly of himself, can I join?" she said. 

 

Dylan knew Sunnee was talking about him. "I don't think that's a talent. And I don't think you're cool either." he answered. Everyone started to laugh. "How about being an ice princess, can I do that?" Sunnee asked again. "Who do you think you are? Elsa from "Frozen"? Do you have ice powers or something?" Dylan said. Sunnee stood up from her seat, and glared at him. "No. But I will throw a bucket of ice on your head if you don't stop picking on me! You didn't know, I noticed you kept glaring at me the whole time!" Sunnee shouted at him. 

 

Wes and Wayne stood up from their seats and pulled the two together. Wayne pulled Sunnee while Wes pulled Dylan. They both know the two would fight again if they don't stop them. "Sunnee, relax. I don't think Dylan was doing that..." Wayne said nervously. "Dylan, please stop." Wes pleaded him. 

 

Dylan brushed Wes off, and got closer and closer to Sunnee, until his face is just an inch apart from her. He could see the fear in her eyes, which made him smile. "Scaredy cat." he whispered at her. Then, he let out an evil laugh. Everyone around them was confused at him

 

He moved away from her, and folded his arms. "Tell you what, Sunnee. If you win as the best muse in the sportsfest, I'll stop bothering with you. I'll accept any insult you throw at me." Dylan said. "Deal!" Sunnee shouted. Wayne and Wes gave each other an oh-no-we're-dead look.