Watching Her

Me And The Girl Next Door

It was the day of Diana's date with Sean. Wayne decided to go out inside of moping inside his house, waiting for her to call to tell him how she had the greatest day of her life. Wayne decided to go to his favorite comic book store to find if his favorite manga has a new release. 

 

As he was looking at the shelf, he heard someone talking at the other side of the shelf. "Don't you have a date today with that cute high school chick at your old school?" he heard someone asked. "Yeah, with Diana. I've been wanting to ask her out for a long time. I'm glad she agreed to go  out on a date with me." someone answered. 

 

Curious, Wayne took a peak. He was surprised to see Sean at the comic book store. "Then what are you still doing here?" his friend asked. Wayne saw him gave his friend an awkward smile. "I'm nervous. You know me when I'm nervous. I'm scared if I go out now to meet her, I might mess up." he said. "So  you're just going to ditch her?" 

"No way! I just need time to calm down, then I'm going."

"Dude, what are you scared of? Obviously the girl likes  you too. Even if you don't talk to her, I'm sure she'll throw herself at you. Look at how handsome you are today."

 

Wayne crouched down, and then took out his phone. He immediately dialed Diana's number. After a few rings, Diana answered her phone. "What's up, Xiao Jin?" Diana said. "Where are you?" Wayne whispered. "I'm still at my house, preparing for my date with Senior Sean. Why do you ask?" she said. "N-nothing... just checking on you. Enjoy!" he said, then he ended the call. 

 

Wayne stood up, and then  took a peak again at the other side. This time, he saw Sean is all alone. "I think I should give her flowers, right? What flowers do girls like?" he asked himself. Wayne swallowed hard, and tried to change his voice to  a deeper one. "Pink flowers." Wayne said. Wayne peaked again, and saw the puzzled look on Sean's face. "Pink flowers? Will it work? Then, maybe I should buy her some pink flowers." Sean said to himself. Then, Wayne saw Sean leave the store. He decided to follow him. 

 

Wayne followed Sean at the flower shop. He waited for him to come out. Aftera while, he saw Sean go out of the flower shop. with a bouquet of pink flowers on his hand.  Just as he followed Sean, Wayne saw Sam walking opposite his direction. Sam waved at him, while Wayne unconsciously took his hand, and pulled him. Sam was surprised with what he did, but nevertheless, he followed Wayne. 

 

While Sean was waiting for Diana at the bus stop, Wayne and Sam hid at the corner of a building next to it. "What are we doing here?" Sam whispered to him. "We're gonna follow them." Wayne said, pointing at Sam. "Why?" Sam asked. Wayne looked back, and he was surprised to see Sam. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Wayne asked. Sam chuckled at him. "I was saying hi to you, and then you pulled me here. Is there anything I can help you with?" Sam asked. "Well, you can help me follow Diana and her date. That is, if you don't mind." he aid. Sam smiled, and nodded his head. "I think I have a little bit more time on my hand. Sure, I'll help you follow them." Sam said. The two of them looked at Sean again, and this time, they saw Diana running up to him. 

 

"Senior  Sean, I'm sorry for being late. I hope I didn't make you wait for so long." Diana said as soon she approached him. Sean smiled at her, and patted at her. "It's OK. It's worth waiting for you. You look pretty today." Sean told her. Diana blushed at what he said. "Thank you, senior." she said. "So, what do you want to do? Do you want to watch a movie?" Sean asked. Diana smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

As they walked away from the bus stop, Wayne and Sam began their move and followed them. Sam looked at Wayne, and saw the gloomy expression on his face as he watched Sean and Diana together.  "May I ask, why do we have to follow Diana and her date?" Sam asked. Wayne let out a sigh. "I just want to make sure she have a good date with Senior Sean." Wayne said. "Is that all?" Sam asked. Wayne gave him a confused look. Sam let out a sigh as he put on his hoodie on his head. "I don't know how deep your friendship is with Diana for you to do this. All I know is that you seem to be jealous of that guy." Sam said, pointing at Sean. Wayne just remained silent. Maybe he really is obvious with his feelings for Diana. 

 

"I like her." Wayne said. Sam was surprised at what he said. Wayne let out a smirk. "For sure, Sylvia will tell you anyway, so it's better you hear it from the source. I like Diana." Wayne repeated. Sam was about to say something, but Wayne interrupted him. "And I have no plan of telling her, because I don't want to ruin the friendship. Thank you very much." Wayne said. Sam let out a laugh, and just shook his head. "I was about to say that even if you confess to Diana, the guy she's dating is more handsome than you." Sam said. Wayne was hurt by what he said. He felt there was an arrow piercing his heart. "Ouch, but thank you for understanding, Sam." Sam laughed again,and ruffled his hair. Then, he put Wayne's hoodie on his head. "Just joking. You need to put your hood on, or she might recognize us." he said.

 

Then, Diana suddenly looked back at them. Wayne pushed Sam on the nearest wall, and pressed his body against his. It looked as if the two were making out.The two  of them looked away from Diana and Sean. "What is it, Diana?" Sean asked. "Nothing. I thought someone is following us. Turns out, it's just two men who are in love." Diana said. Wayne and Sam was shocked at what she said. "Ah, love really is in the air. They look really in love. But they should get a room." Sean told Diana. Then the two went on their way. 

 

As soon as the coast is clear, Wayne let go of Sam. "The heck, man!" Sam told him. "I'm sorry, I had no choice!" Wayne wailed. Sam let out a sigh. "Come on, let's just follow them." Sam told him.

 

--

 

Sam and Wayne followed Diana and Sean inside the cinema. Wayne and Sam was a few seats behind the two, so that they can watch over the two. "Do you think they will kiss?" Wayne asked Sam. Sam, let out a smirk. "If the guy is fast on the first date, they will kiss." Sam said. Wayne became worried upon hearing that. "She will kiss him?" he asked again. "If she really likes the guy, she might." Sam said again. Sam looked at him, and saw his sad face. "Either he's worried, or he's jealous." Sam thought. 

 

They saw Sean leaning in closer to Diana. "He's going to kiss her. Do you want me to stop them?" Sam asked. This time, Wayne smiled at him. "Can you?" Wayne asked. Sam just let out a smile. "Watch this." he said. He took a popcorn, and put it between his fingers. Then, he threw it at Sean. Wayne was amazed that Sam was able to  hit Sean's head despite it being dark. "Wow, you're good at throwing popcorn!" Wayne praised him. When Sean looked back at them, the two crouched and hid under their chair. "Do you think he saw us?" Wayne asked. Sam shook his head. "I do't think so." Sam said. The two of them peaked again, and saw Sean's arm around Diana, while Diana is leaning on his shoulder.

 

"I guess that's all I can do for now." Sam told Wayne. Wayne simply nodded his head. Then, Sam looked at his watch. "I need to go now. Sylvia must be waiting for me. I promised to go to her house today." Sam said. Wayne smiled at him. "Thank you for the help today, Sam I really appreciate it." Wayne told him. Before he left, Sam said something to him. "Wayne, sometimes, there are love that need to be fought for." he said. Sam smiled at him before leaving him alone. Now, it's up to Wayne how to follow Diana and Sean. 

 

After watching a movie, Diana and Sean went to a restaurant for dinner. Wayne followed them as well, keeping his hood over his head so that Diana will not see him. He chose a table where he could clearly see Diana. He watched them like a hawk. He doesn't want to admit it, but seeing Diana happy with another guy's company made him feel hurt. At that moment, he decided to message her. 

 

"How's your date? Are you home?" he asked her. He saw Diana took her phone out. After a while, his phone vibrated. "I'm still out. I'm having dinner with senior." she replied. He looked at her, and saw her smiling happily at the guy in front of her. He wished he was the reason for her smile, but that is not the case. He took his phone, and messaged her again. "I'm sure you're having fun right now. Tell me all about it on Monday, all right?" he said. After sending that message, Wayne decided to leave the restaurant. 

 

He found himself at the swing of the playground, where the four of them usually hang out. "Wayne, you should have not followed her. You only got hurt in the end." he said as he leaned on the chain of the swing. "Why is my favorite hobby includes breaking my own heart." he said. He let out a sigh. "I'm pretty sure Diana had a great time with Sean today. She was smiling the whole time." he said to himself. Then, he kicked a stone in front of him. He watched the stone as it rolled towards a pair of feet wearing high heels. He looked up, and saw Diana walking up to him. "Diana!" he exclaimed. He was surprised to see her in the playground, and that she found him.

 

Diana stood in front of him, and folded her arms. "You were following me the whole time, aren't you?" she said, glaring at him. Wayne let out an awkward, and gave her a peace sign. Diana stomped her way to the swing next to him, and sat on it. "You know it was me?" Wayne asked her. Diana nodded her head. "I know you and Sam were following me. But why?" she asked. Wayne let out a sigh. "I want to make sure he won't do anything stupid to you. I want to make sure you're happy on your first date with him."

"Did you want to protect me? Is that your intention?" 

 

Wayne looked at her, and saw her smiling at him. "Why are you so heartbreakingly beautiful, Diana?" he thought as he stared at her. Diana looked away at him, and smiled to herself. "I know you want to protect me that's why you followed me, right? So, who between you and Sam threw the popcorn at Senior Sean?"  she asked. Wayne smiled innocently as Diana. "I asked Sam to stop Sean from kissing you." he said. With that,  Diana let out a laugh. "He's not trying to kiss me, silly! I told him somethings in my eye so he checked it. I don't kiss on the first date." she said. "How did you know we were following you?" Wayne asked. "When I met up with Senior, I felt someone was watching me. So, when we were walking to the cinema, I looked back, and saw you push Sam on the wall, as if you two were kissing. You two though I didn't catch your face but I did, even if you tried to hide it. And I was thinking, hey, I will tell Sylvia Wayne is trying to kiss her boyfriend, just so I could get back at you." she said. 

 

He fell on his knees and clasped his hand. "Please don't tell Sylvia I dragged her boyfriend to follow you. I don't want Sam to be in trouble." he pleaded. Diana just laughed at him. "Silly, I'm not going to do that." Diana said. Wayne stood up, and sat back on the swing. "Did you have fun today?" he asked. Diana nodded her head. "It's nice being around Senior Sean. But, it felt like he's more of a big brother to me, than a potential boyfriend." 

"But you have a crush on him for so long. Do you mean to say, there won't be another date?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Besides, there's another person I like. I'm waiting for him to ask me out." 

 

Wayne looked at Diana as she smiled. "There is another guy?" he asked. Diana nodded her head. "How many are my rivals anyway?" he asked in a low voice. Diana looked at him. "What did you say?" she asked. Wayne shook his head. "Nothing. I think that guy will ask you out soon." he said. Diana looked at him and smile. "When will you ask me out?" she thought. 

 

He stood up from the swing. "It's getting late. I should walk you home." he said. He extended his hand to her, and helped her to stand up. As she stood up, she lost her balance. She held on to Wayne's arm, and let herself lean on his chest. As she looked up, she caught Wayne staring at him. Both of them gazed at each other for a long time. "I'm lost forever in her eyes..." Wayne thought. Diana blushed a little, and looked away from him. "Sorry... I'm still not used to these heels." she said. Wayne let out a laugh. "Yeah, I've noticed. How about I give you a piggy back ride?" he suggested. "Are you sure?" she asked Wayne nodded his head. 

 

He turned his back on her, and knelt down. "Hop in!" he said. "Don't mind if I do!" Diana said. She hopped on his back, and Wayne stood up to carry her. As Wayne walked her home, Diana looked at him. She let out a smile, as he hugged him tight. "I love you, my silly boy." she thought.