The Sweet Boys

Me And The Girl Next Door

Diana and Wayne strolls along the street market, looking for some accessories she could wear for her date. "I can't wait for Saturday!" Diana said happily as they walk. Wayne let out a faint smile as he looked at her. "I'm pretty sure you'll have a great time on your date. You've been crushing on him for a long time, and he finally noticed you. You must be really happy." he said. Diana looked at him, and smiled. "Of course, I am. How about you, Wayne. If your crush ask you out, you would be happy as well, right?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. "Just her smiling at me is more than enough." he said. 

 

They stopped at one store that sells accessories. They took their time to look at the store's products. "By the way, you haven't told me. Who's your crush, Wayne?" Diana asked. Wayne let out a nervous laugh. "Are you still thinking about what Sylvia said before?" he asked. Diana nodded her head. "Come to think of it, the only girls you hang out with is me and Sylvia. I don't see you looking interested at other girls. So I wonder, who the lucky girl that stole your heart?" 

 

Wayne shook his head. "Sylvia was just joking around when she tried to reveal my crush, all right? She just want to get back at me for disturbing Sam's sleep."

"But it's impossible that you don't like any girls in our school! Are you a plant?"

Wayne let out a laugh. "I am not a plant. I have feelings too."

"So, who's your crush? Why don't you tell me?"

 

Wayne just smiled as he looked around the store. "Don't tell me you really like Wes, or Evan?" she teased. "I am not like that." he said. "Then, who do you fancy? Is it Shi Min?" Diana asked. Wayne shook his head. "Xin Ti?"

"No."

"Sunnee?"

"No."

"Eunice?"

"No."

"Cosmos?"

"No."

"An Yu?"

"Don't tell me it's Sylvia?"

 

Wayne looked at her, giving her a puzzled look. "Do you want Wes to kill me if he found out I have a crush on her?" he asked. "So, you like Sylvia?" Diana asked again. "No."

"Maybe you like older girls. Do you like Ms. Han?"

"Ms. Han is cute, but no, not her."

 

Diana let out a sigh. "Maybe you're really a plant. You don't feel anything to anyone." she said. Wayne just let out a smile. "But I like you. I like you so much." he thought. Diana patted his shoulder, and as he looked at her, she smiled. "But promise me, you have to tell me first in case you start to like someone. Maybe I can help you be closer to her." she said. "Thank you." he said. 

 

From one corner of the store, Diana saw a cute hair pin with a mint green ribbon on it. "Oh, how cute!" she gushed. Then, she looked at the price tag. She realized she doesn't have enough money to buy that hairpin. Wayne saw the change in Diana's expression - from being excited to find something she wants, to being sad. "But not too cute for my liking." she said. Then, she turned to Wayne with a smile. "Shall we go to the next store?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

They have gone through all the stores and stalls in the street market, but Diana was not able to buy anything. She had her eyes set on the hairpin, but too bad, it was expensive. "Sorry to trouble you, Wayne. I've wasted much of your time." she said to him as they were walking home. Wayne simply smiled at her. "Don't worry. I enjoyed today." he said. The two of them stopped walking as soon as they reached Diana's house.  "Then, I'll see you tomorrow." she said, waving goodbye to him. 

 

Before Diana could enter her house, Wayne called her. "Diana, wait." he said. Diana looked back at him. "What is it?" she asked. Wayne didn't say anything. He took her hand, and put the hairpin on her hand. She was surprised to see the hairpin she liked at the store a while ago. "I know you liked that pin a lot, so before we left the  store, I bought it for you." he said. 

 

He saw Diana's face lightened up upon seeing the hairpin. Then, she looked up at him, and smiled. "You did that for me?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. She could not contain her happiness, that she hugged him tight. "Thank you, Wayne! You're the best!" she said. 

 

Wayne smiled to himself. He likes seeing her happy, after all, it was her sweet smile and cheerful personality that made him fall for her. He promised himself he'll do everything he could so that she could always wear that smile he loves. "You're welcome. I do hope you'll look good with your date when you wear that hairpin." he said. Diana let go of him, and nodded her head. "I sure will." she said. 

 

"Then, I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow." Wayne said. Diana nodded her head. As Wayne leaves, Diana watched his back. Then, she looked at the hairpin again and smiled to herself. "How I wish I am the girl you like, Wayne..." she thought. Then, the smile on her face slowly faded. "Why can you only see me as a friend?" 

 

--

 

Sam was walking Sylvia home that afternoon. They had just finished their afternoon snack at the dessert stall. "Did you enjoy the desserts?" Sam asked Sylvia. Sylvia nodded her head. "Thank you for the treat." she said. "You know, I realized, we've been together for a week now and we have and we haven't gone out on a date." Sam said. Sylvia gave him a confused look. "Isn't  this a date?" she asked. "It is, but I want to have a formal date with you." 

 

Sylvia blushed as she smiled. "Then, should we plan a date?" she asked. Sam nodded his head. "How about after the exams? Do you want to watch a movie and have dinner afterward? Or, is there something else you want to do?" he asked. "Dinner and movie is fine with me." she smiled. Sam smiled at her. "Then, I'll make sure we'll have a memorable date."

 

As they were about to cross the street, a car sped up at the street and almost hit Sylvia. Good thing, Sam was able to pull her back to the sidewalk. "Hey! Watch out! You stupid driver!" Sam shouted at the car. He sighed exasperatedly. "Stupid guy, he's going to hurt my girlfriend."  he said. Then, he  looked at Sylvia, whom he was already hugging. He looked at her worriedly. "Are you all right? Are you hurt?" he asked. Sylvia shook her head as he smiled. "I'm OK." she said. That was the only time Sam let go of her.

 

The moment Sam held her close to him to protect him, she felt his heart beat fast. "He worries about me..." she thought. She looked up at Sam, and felt his hand held hers. He still has that worried look on his face. "Sam, I'm OK. You don't have to worry about me." she assured him. Then, he pulled her into a hug. This surprised her, but still she was happy to be in his arms. It was a long embrace, and it seems that he had no plans to let her go. "I don't want to lose you. I'm not going to lose you. " he said, his voice trembling. Sylvia looked up at him. It's not worry that she saw in his face, it was fear - fear that he will lose her at that moment. She reached for his face, and caressed his cheek. She gave him a reassuring smile. "You're not going to lose me." she said. 

 

When Sylvia almost got hit, his past came back to him. How the people he cares about was gone in an instant, because of his carelessness. He's scare that he could lose Sylvia anytime. "I'll take you home." Sam said as he finally composed himself. This time, he held on to her hand. He held her hand until the two of them reached her house. Meanwhile, as Sylvia looked at the way Sam held her hand, she let out a smile. She found someone who could protect her like Wes does.

 

Soon after, the two reached her house. "I'll see you tomorrow, all right?" Sylvia said. "I can't wait for tomorrow." Sam said. As they looked at each other, Sam brushed the her hair away from her face. As he leans towards her to kiss her cheek, the door opened. It was Sylvia's father. "Sylvia, you're finally home." he said sternly. Sam stopped, and then looked at her father. "Good afternoon, sir." he said politely. Jack gave Sam dagger looks. "Yu Fei, why aren't you with Zheng?" Jack asked his daughter. 

 

"Pa!" Sylvia whined. "I'm sorry, sir. I asked Wes if I could take Sylvia home instead." Sam said. Jack folded his arms. "And why?" he asked. Sam looked at Sylvia, and then back to her father. "Sir, I am your daughter's boyfriend." Sam said. Jack looked at Sylvia, then back to Sam, then back to Sylvia, and then back to Sam. "Boyfriend! You..." Jack angrily pointed at Sam. Then, he took a deep breath to calm down. "Little friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to speak a few words with you and my daughter." he said before going back inside.

 

As Sam was about to enter their house, Sylvia stopped him. "Sam, I'm sorry about my papa." Sylvia apologized. Sam looked back at her and smiled. "Don't worry about it. This is my chance to prove your father my intentions are real." Sam told her. She patted her head, and followed Jack inside. Sylvia let out a sigh, and followed them  inside the house. 

 

--

 

Wes  came back from buying a bouquet of roses for Tia, when she saw Sylvia and Sam outside. He saw Sam was about to kiss Sylvia. He was about to drop everything he's holding to stop him, but then, her father came out. From the look at it, Uncle Jack wasn't pleased seeing his daughter almost kissing a guy in front of their house. He let out a sigh of relief the moment they all went inside the house. "Why didn't I want them to kiss?" he asked himself. He looked at the roses in his hand, and then decided to go to Tia's house. 

 

"Tia?" he called as he entered her house. From the kitchen, Tia ran up to him to give him a hug. "I missed you." she told him. "I missed you too. Hey, I have something for you." Wes said Tia let go of him, and then Wes showed her the bouquet of roses he bought for her. Tia smiled at him. "Wes, why do you spoil me so much!" she said as she took the flowers from her hand. "I like spoiling the girl I like. I like making her smile." he said. "I might get used to this." she said. Wes let out a smile. "Then, start getting used to it. I have no plans to stop making you feel special anyway." he said. 

 

Tia smiled at him. She caressed his cheek, and then gave him a long kiss on the lips. "I love you." Wes said after she broke their kiss. Tia simply smiled at her. "Hey, have dinner here tonight. I'm cooking for us." Tia said, changing the subject. As she walked back to the kitchen, Wes followed her. "How about I help you cook? No, how about I cook our dinner this time?" Wes suggested. Tia raised an eyebrow at him. "Ah, someone wants to impress the girl he likes." she teased. "I don't need to impress you. I know you're already impressed." he said with a wink. 

 

As Wes cooked, Tia watched him. She got impressed with how Wes cook, and how tasty the food is. Soon after, the two of the were already having dinner. "Oh, by the way, I have a photoshoot out of town two weeks from now. Do you want to come with me? Don't worry, it's a weekend." Tia said while they were eating. Wes nodded his head. "Sure. It was a good timing, since exams will be over next week. I can drive you there." he said. "But, you have to promise me you won't tell anyone about us, all right?" Tia said. Wes paused for a while, then he let out a sigh. "All right. Just tell them I'm your assistant." he said. Tia smiled. "Such a cute assistant." she commented. 

 

"Aren't you scared that the other girls would find me handsome, and would flirt with me?" Wes asked. "They can look, but they can never touch you. I'll make sure of that." she said. Wes let out a playful smile. "Ooohhh, my girl is feisty. I like it." he said. Tia just laughed at him. 

 

After their dinner, the two of them hang out at the living room. Wes had his arm around Tia as they sat on the couch. "I like being in your arms..." Tia said. "Why?" he asked. Tia looked up at him,and smiled. "Because I feel safe." she said. Wes pulled her closer to him. "I feel like all my worries are gone when I'm with you." she added. Wes let out a smile. "Then, you can stay in my arms if want to feel safe." he said. Tia took a deep breath as she hugged him tight. A lot of things has been worrying her lately. There are things that he wanted to tell Wes, but she was afraid to speak out as she was scared he won't understand. When she thought she could easily fix her life so that they can be together, things began to be more complicated. 

 

"Can I stay in your arms forever?" she asked. "If you want to, then yes." Wes said. She sat up, and looked at Wes. "Will you promise me that you will never ever leave me?" she asked. Wes looked into her eyes, as he leaned on her forehead. He could see the uncertainty in her eyes. "No matter what happens, I will always be here for you. You don't have to be scared, all right?" he said. "I'm just worried, because things are complicated, and I can't... I don't know how to explain my situation is to you..." she said. Wes hushed her, as he hugged her again. "You don't have to force yourself to tell me that for now. Just having you in my arms like this is enough for me. When you're ready to tell me everything, I will listen, and I will never judge you." he said in a low voice. 

 

Tia looked up at him again. Her lips reached to his, and kissed him. Their kiss became deeper and deeper. Before he knew it, Wes found himself lying on top of Tia on the couch. Wes broke their kiss, and he looked at her. Just then,  Tia's phone rang. The two of them immediately sat up on the couch. Good thing Wes was able to resist himself from doing more than a kiss. The two of them sat silently for a long time. "You should answer that call." Wes told her. Tia took her phone, and saw a familiar name flashing on the screen. 

 

Tia rejected the call instead. Wes was puzzled as to why she rejected the call. "It's just my manager. I'll call him in a while." she led. Wes just nodded his head. "I should head back first. I still need to finish my homework." he told her. Tia nodded her head. Before he stood up, Wes planted a kiss on her lips. 

 

As soon as he left, Tia's phone rang again. It was him who was calling again. Frustrated, Tia answered the call. "Jacob, will stop bothering me? I told you we're through! I don't want to see you again!" she shouted before she ended the call. She threw her phone away as she started to cry.