The Plan

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sunnee had just finished her cleaning duties, when Dylan came inside the classroom. "Nee?" he called her. Sunnee looked up at him, and smiled. "Raccoon, I'm done." she said with a smile. Dylan smiled back at her. "Then, are you ready to go?" he asked. Sunnee nodded his head. Dylan walked inside the room, and took Sunnee's bag and carried it. Then, he looked at Wes, who has also done with his duties. "Bye!" he told Wes. Wes waved at them, and watched them as they leave. 

 

"Sunnee sure is lucky to have him as his boyfriend, huh?" he said to himself. He let out a sigh, and put the broom he is holding inside the cabinet. There had been a noticeable difference in Dylan since he announced his relationship with Sunnee. Unlike before that he was too serious or too cold towards his classmates, he became someone who is friendly to everyone. Sunnee sure is a good influence to him. 

 

He let out another sigh. "I wish I could love bravely like Dylan..." he thought. "You're in love?" Wayne asked her as he popped beside him. Wes was shocked upon seeing him. "Huang Wei Jin!" he said as a vein popped on his forehead. "You're in love again?" Wayne asked again. He answered him with a sigh. "So it means you have moved on from Tia?" Wayne asked. Wes did not answer him. "Or... are you still in love with Tia?!" 

 

"Stop mentioning her, Wayne!" Wes said in irritation. "Ooohhh... so you still love her..." Wayne said. "No, I don't." Wes lied. "Ah, I know. You're hoping that one day, you can love again. Am I right?" Wayne said. Wes just smiled. "Wayne, what's it like to be in love with a friend?" he asked.

 

Wayne looked at him for a long time. Then, he covered his chest with his hands, as he blushed. "I... I didn't know you feel that way towards me, Wes..." he said shyly. Another vein popped in Wes' forehead. "I'm not in love with you!" he told him. Wayne let out a sigh of relief. "Then, why are you asking that?" Wayne asked. 

 

Then, it hit Wayne. He gasped as he pointed at Wes. "You're... you're... you're... in love with Sylvia?" he exclaimed. Wes flinched at him. "Shut up, someone might hear you!" 

"Then, you are in love with her?!"

"I... I think I am..."

 

Wayne let out another gasp. "Since when?" he asked again. He was happy to know that Wes has finally moved on from Tia, and that he now sees Sylvia as more than a friend. "I don't know how it started. All I know is that when she's close to me, my heart beats really fast. When she's sad, my heart hurts. And when I'm holding her, I could hear my heart beating loudly." Wes explained. "And you were jealous of Sam!" Wayne realized. "But you said, being jealous is normal." Wes asked. Wayne shook his head. "How did I not notice. Wes, you've been in love with Sylvia since God knows when, don't you realize that? Even before Sam came into her life, you love her!" 

 

Wes looked at him. Maybe he's right. He loved Sylvia before, but he never realized it. He let out another smile. "Do I?" he asked. Wayne nodded his head. "How did that happen?" Wes asked. Wayne almost fell upon hearing that. "I don't know about you. All I know is that you start getting jealous of Sam. And there's this sad look on your face whenever you see them together! I know, because I have the same look when Diana dates other guys!" Wayne said. 

 

Wes let out a sigh as he sat on the chair. "You know what's the worst thing about falling in love with a friend? I don't think I could back to being friends anymore. Each day that I'm with her, I long to tell her and show her that I love her. I'm just too scared because I know she's still trying to move on, and that she's not ready to be in another relationship." he said. "Now, you understand me, do you? You now understand my reasons why I can't tell Diana that I love her?" Wayne asked. Wes nodded his head. 

 

"But, wouldn't it be better if we let them know we love them? To not fear their rejection, but rather, accept it? We may get hurt, but at least, there's no regrets, right?" Wes said. Wayne fell silent. Somehow, Wes is right. Why is he scared of rejection anyway?

 

"That's why I envy Dylan. Even if he knew there's a chance Sunnee will reject him, he still told her his true feelings. He faced everyone, and told the world how much he loves her. If we love someone, shouldn't we brave enough to let them know how we feel, rather live in regret of what could have been?" Wes told him. 

 

Wayne looked away from him. He knew Wes is just concerned about him and his unrequited love. "Then, we should find a way to tell the one we love how we feel?" he asked. Wes nodded his head. "I know it won't be easy. We have different predicaments. You don't want to tell Diana you love her because you're scared to break the friendship. I want to tell Fei Fei how I feel, but I don't know when and how." Wes said. 

 

Then, Wayne let out a smile as an idea hit his head. "I know when and how we can tell them." he said. Wes gave him a curious look. "I have a plan." Wayne added. Then, Wes smiled. "And I have a plan too. Say, why don't we merge our plans instead?" he asked. Wayne nodded his head. Then, they gave each other a high five.

 

--

 

"What's your plan anyway?"

"Someone told me, if you can no longer hold in what you feel, then act according to your feelings..."

"What does that mean?"

"Maybe, we should treat them special... something like more than a friend..."

 

--

 

Wes and Wayne walked inside the classroom with breakfast on hand. They paused at the door, and saw Diana, Sylvia and Sunnee talking. Wes gave Wayne a nudge, and pointed at Diana using his head. Wayne took a deep breath, and walked towards them. Wes soon followed him. 

 

"Hey, girls!" Wayne greeted. "Xiao Jin!" Diana smiled at him. "We brought you breakfast." Wayne said, showing them  the bag he is holding. The three girls looked at each  other. "But, Sunnee gave us breakfast..." Sylvia said. Wes looked at the table, and saw the food on their table. "Oh..." Wes said. 

 

"We thought you're not going to buy something to eat. Then, Sunnee offered us her food, so we took it." Diana said. "They were famished." Sunnee said. Wayne's eyes widened as he saw the food on the table. "The food looks delicious! Where did you buy it?" he asked. 

 

Then, Sunnee blushed. "I.... I made it..." she said. Wes and Wayne looked at each other, and then back  at Sunnee. "Really?" Wes asked. Sunnee nodded. "I made a lot of breakfast for Dylan today. And since I was so inspired to cook, I didn't realize I cooked too many food..." she said. 

 

They looked around, and saw the most of their classmates were eating the breakfast Sunnee brought. "You shouldn't have brought breakfast. Sunnee got us covered." Sylvia told them. Then, she went back to eating their food. 

 

Wayne lifted the bag, and looked it with pity. "But the breakfast we bought..." he almost cried. Diana stood up, and snatched the bag from him. "We can still eat it for lunch, right? Come on, you should taste Sunnee's food it's really delicious."  Diana told him. 

 

Wes and Wayne let out a sigh. Their first plan failed. 

 

--

 

"I thought you hate sweets?" 

 

Chun folded his arms as he looked at the two younger men in front of him. "But.. Fei Fei like sweets." Wes said. "And so does Diana!" Wayne said. A while ago, Wayne and Wes asked him if he could teach them how to make brownies.

 

Chun realized what those cookies are for. "Ah, I know what you're going to do." he said. Then, he pointed at Wes. "You're going to give it to Sylvia, right?" he said. Wes nodded his head. Then, he pointed at Wayne. "And you're going to give it to Diana, right?" he asked Wayne. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

Then, Chun let out a smile. "So, you guys are going to confess to them?" he asked. "Not yet!" both Wes and Wayne said. "But we have plans, and giving those brownies are part of the plan." Wayne explained. "Then, you've come to the right guy. When the girls tastes the brownies you two made, I'm pretty sure they'll agree to be your girlfriend." Chun said proudly. 

 

Wes and Wayne looked at each other, and smiled. Then, they gave each other a high five.

 

--

 

Wes and Wayne walked the next day at school, and came across Sylvia and Diana. "There they are!" Wayne told him. "Ready to give them the brownie?" Wes asked. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

The two of them approached the two girls. "Hi girls!" Wayne greeted. "Hey, Xiao Jin!" Diana said. Wes looked at Sylvia, and saw she was gloomy. "What's wrong?" he asked. Sylvia shook her head. "We made something for you!" Wayne said. 

 

The two took out their bag of brownies, and showed it to them. Sylvia gave Wes puppy eyes, and began to cry. Then, she touched her own cheek. "Fei Fei?" Wes asked worriedly. "She have a toothache. I accompanied her to the clinic to take some pain reliever." Diana explained. 

 

Wes looked sadly at the bag of brownies on his hand. "So it means..." 

"I can't anything sweet, because my tooth will hurt..." Sylvia managed to say despite the pain in . Wes sighed in dismay. "But I don't have any toothache!" Diana said as he snatched brownies from Wayne's hand. "And some more brownies won't hurt, right?" she added as she took Wes' brownies. Wes was surprised at what he said. "But I made that for Fei Fei..." Wes said. 

 

"It's all right, Zheng..." Sylvia told him. "I can't eat it anyway..." she added. Wes could only watch helplessly as Diana devour the brownies. 

 

--

 

Chun looked at the two younger men in front of him. "So, what happened to the brownies?" he asked as he folded his arms. Wes pointed at Wayne. "His girl ate all the brownies." Wes explained. Chun gave him a confused look. "What about Sylvia's brownies?" Chun asked. "He wasn't able to give it to her because Sylvia's got a toothache." Wayne explained. 

 

Chun let out a sigh. "Then, what's the next plan?" he asked the two. Wes and Wayne looked at each other and smiled. Then, they looked at the older guy and smiled at him. "Lunch!" they both said. Chun smiled at them. "All right! Tomorrow, let's make  the tastiest lunch in the world." he told them. 

 

--

 

"Finallly, it's lunch!" Diana said as the bell rang. Sylvia was laid her head on the table sideways as she looked at Diana. "I still can't eat. My tooth hurts." she cried. Diana took a pity on her, then she patted on her head. "Aw, Sylvia... then you should have not go to class if it still hurts...." she said worriedly. Sylvia pouted as she cried. 

 

Then, Wes and Wayne approached them. "Is Sylvia all right?" Wayne asked as he sat next to Diana. Diana shook her head. "Her tooth still hurts." Diana said. Wes knelt before Sylvia, and wiped the tear from her eyes. "Do you want to go home?" she asked. Sylvia shook her head. "Then, can you still endure it till the classes ends?" Wes asked worriedly. "I don't know..." she said as she cried. 

 

Wes looked at Wayne. "Well, it's a pity. Wes and I made a really tasty lunch today." Wayne said. Then, he took out four lunch boxes from his bag. He gave the first one to Diana, and handed to two boxes to Wes. "But I can't eat..." Sylvia said. 

 

"You need to eat, Fei. How can you drink medicine if you don't eat anything?" Wes told her. Wes helped Sylvia up, and then placed her lunch box before her. "Just eat a little, all right?" he asked her. Sylvia nodded her head. 

 

"Hmmm... this food really tastes great. Wayne, did you really cook this?" Diana said as he looked at Wayne. Wayne smiled and nodded his head. "Actually, I asked someone to teach me how to cook. I'm glad you liked it." Wayne said. "I don't mind getting lunch box from you everyday!" Diana said as she took another bite. Wayne blushed as he smiled. 

 

Wes opened Sylvia's lunch box, and fed. "Come on, just one bite." he said as he raise the chopsticks in front of her. She looked sadly at the lunch box. The food looks appetizing, and it's such a pity she can't finish it all. She opened as Wes fed her. She flinched as she tried to eat. "Good girl..." Wes said as he smiled at her. Sylvia pouted as she was about to cry again. "It really hurts..." she said. Wes gave her another worried look. "Take another bite, all right? Then, you can drink some pain reliever." Wes said. 

 

All throughout, Wes fed Sylvia fed her lunch, until she was able to finish half of it. "I can't eat anymore, my tooth really hurts." Sylvia said sadly. "It's OK. As long as you're able to finish half of it." Wes said. Sylvia let out a sad sigh. "I'm sorry, Zheng. Your food is delicious, I really wish I could finish it all." she said. Wes smiled at her. "I'm glad you liked it." he said. 

 

"You know what, you two don't look like best friends right now." Diana commented. Wayne's eyes widened upon hearing that, and Wes suddenly became pale. "You two look like father and daughter!" Diana said with a laugh. Wes felt a vein popping in his forehead, while Wayne choked. "Diana!" Wayne called her. "I'm lucky to have a big brother like Zheng." Sylvia said. She tried to smile as she looked at Zheng. 

 

Wes could feel a pain in his heart upon hearing what Sylvia said. "Yeah... big brother..." he said as he forced a smile.

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

She walked towards the classroom. She had to go back, because she forgot the notes she will need to review. Then, she saw the two guys inside. By the look on their faces, she could see that what they're talking about is serious.

 

"You know what's the worst thing about falling in love with a friend? I don't think I could back to being friends anymore. Each day that I'm with her, I long to tell her and show her that I love her. I'm just too scared because I know she's still trying to move on, and that she's not ready to be in another relationship." she heard Wes say. 

 

Curious, she hid behind the door and eavesdropped on their conversation. "Now, you understand me, do you? You now understand my reasons why I can't tell Diana that I love her?" she heard Wayne said. She was surprised at what she heard. 

 

Then, a smile formed in her lips. She looked through the window and stared at Wayne. She can't hear the rest of the conversation, because the only thing that rings in her head right now, is that he loves her. 

 

And she loves him too. 

 

[End of Flashback]