Heart Sick

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Chun ge..."

 

Wes called as he peeked behind the door of the room where Chun is staying. "Hey, Wes. What's up?" Chun said. He opened the door and let the younger man in. "Can I ask something from you? Can you accompany me to the cardiologist?" Wes asked.

 

Chun gave him a confused look. "Cardiologist? Why?" Chun asked. "Well, lately I'm feeling something in my heart..." Wes explained. Chun furrowed his brows as he looked at him. "Is it that serious?" Chun asked. Wes nodded his head. "I thought your dad is a doctor. Maybe he can help you..."

"I don't want to worry my dad. He might go home right away if I tell him something's wrong with me."

"Then, what  do you  feel in your heart?"

 

Wes clutched his chest as he looked down on it. "It's just that my heart is starting to beat so fast... Especially when I'm standing close to Sylvia.."

 

--

 

"Wes... Can you please tell me why you want to talk to me alone?" Diana asked as Wes and Diana went inside the music room. "I need a big favor to ask." Wes said. Diana gave her friend a curious look. "What is it?" She asked.

 

Wes took a deep breath before asking her her favor. He's nervous as he isn't sure if Diana will agree to his request. "Can I hug you?" Wes finally asked her. With that, Diana burst  out laughing. "Stop laughing, please..." Wes embarassingly pleaded. "Why do you want a hug? Are you still sad and you don't want Sylvia to know?" She asked. "Yes. I'm still sad." Wes lied.

 

The truth is, he just want to know if Diana would have the same affect on him like how he is affected with Sylvia. He did it with Wayne, but he can't conclude anything because they're both guys. Diana opened her arms wide, and smiled at him. "Come and give me a hug, sad boy!" Diana told him. With that, Wes hugged her. He began to observe himself.

 

"My heart isn't beating fast, when I hug Diana. It's like a casual friendly hug. I also don't feel it when she's standing close to me or when I held her hand. Does that mean I'm OK now? I'm not really sick?" He thought. As Wes hugged her, Diana was consoling her. "Don't be sad anymore, Zheng. You deserve better. Don't be sad about that girl anymore. Don't worry, you still have us." Diana told him.

 

It was that scene that Wayne saw when he entered  the music room.  He was so shocked to see Wes and Diana. "Hong Zheng! Shi An!" he shouted at the two. That scene looked like a scene in a TV drama, where the male lead he found his friend having an affair with his girlfriend, even if Diana is not his girlfriend, and he is not the male lead in this story.

 

Wes let go of Diana, and the two of them looked at his shocked face. "W-what are you doing?!" Wayne asked in a hurt tone. "Relax. It's as if I committed a crime. I'm not stealing anyone's wife." Wes told him. He knew his friend got jealous because he hugged Diana, but he can't explain why he needs to hug her. 

 

Wayne glared angrily at him. "I'm just hugging Wes because he's sad." Diana chimed in. "Do you really need to hug him that way?!" Wayne asked her. "Of course. That's how I hug my friends." Diana said. "You could have just rubbed his back to console him! No need to hug him!" Wayne scolded her. Diana let out a sigh. "Do you need a hug too?" she asked. Wayne was taken aback by her question.  Then, she walked towards him, and hugged him from his side. Wayne froze in his place the moment she hugged him. His cheeks became pink as well. 

 

"See, I can hug you too." Diana told him. Wes was suppressing his laughter after seeing Wayne's expression when Diana hugged him. "Do you feel better now? No need to be mad at Wes, all right?" Diana told him. Wayne slowly nodded his head. Diana continued to hug him, as she put her head on his shoulder. This time, Wes couldn't help but laugh at Wayne's facial expression. His cheeks became pinker, and he does not even move, or even breath. He looked like a constipated statue as Diana hugged him. 

 

"I'm... I'm OK..." Wayne stuttered. That was the only time Diana had let him go. "Well, my job here is done. Wes, don't be sad anymore, all right? Don't worry, I won't tell Sylvia about it. I know you don't like her to worry, especially now." Diana told him. "Thank you for the help, Diana." Wes said. 

 

As soon as Diana left, Wes laughed out loud, which made Wayne annoyed. "Why did you hug her?!" Wayne confronted him. "I was sad." 

"Sad?! You're already laughing, and now you're telling me you're sad?! I could have hugged you!"

"I hugged you yesterday, and you only made it worse."

"But why hug Diana?! Why don't you ask Sylvia for a hug?!"

 

Wes let out a sigh. "Have you seen how Sylvia is right now? I don't want to make her worry." Wes explained. "So, you're sad because you miss Tia?" Wayne asked. Wes paused, and looked away from him. Then, he looked away. "I thought you got over her?" Wayne said. "Forget it..." Wes brushed him off. "But, we never really got to talk about it. Everything was so sudden. You, breaking up with her, and then Fei Fei breaking up with Sam." Wayne said. 

 

Wes looked at him this time. "The reason why I am not talking about Tia is because I don't want to talk about her anymore, OK. I think if nobody talks about her, or our relationship before, it would be easier for me to move on." Wes said. "But how do you really move on from your first love? How do you move on from your first heart break? Wouldn't b

It be harder to love the second time around, because you already gave all your love to the first person you loved?" Wayne asked him. 

 

Wes simply smiled. He doesn't know how to answer him, since he also don't know the answer to his questions. 

 

--

 

Dylan leaned on his chair, and looked outside the window. Just then, she saw Sylvia and Diana passing by the student council office. He let out a smirk as he watched the two. 

 

Ian noticed that the student council president have been watching the two girls. "Are you interested in them?" Ian asked. "Those two are Wes and Wayne's friends, right?" Dylan asked. Ian nodded his head. "Yeah. They've been friends since elementary. Why?" Ian asked. "Nothing. Do you think Sylvia is cute?" Dylan asked again. 

 

Ian nodded his head. "Yes, she is. Do you like her?" Ian asked. "I think so." Dylan replied. Ian let out a laugh, which made him confused. "What?" Dylan asked. "She just broke up with her boyfriend. You know, the transferree." Ian said. "Oh, so she's single?" Dylan asked. Ian nodded his head. 

 

"But!" Ian shouted. "If you plan to pursue her, I'm sorry to tell you but you have to go through Wes first. He's acting like her big brother. He's overprotective of her, especially those who want to date or court her." Ian explained. "Then, how come the transferree was able to pass through Wes?" Dylan asked. Ian shrugged his shoulders. Dylan let out a sigh. With what Ian told him, it would be hard to be close to Sylvia, especially knowing now how protective Wes is. "How about Diana?" Dylan asked. "Ah, one of the school beauties. She's single." Ian told her. "She's close to Wayne, right?" Dylan asked. Ian nodded his head. "Of course, they grew up together." Ian said. 

 

Dylan let out another smirk as he looked at Diana. "Bingo! I found my target." he thought. "Does she also have a bodyguard or something?" Ian asked. "Well, Wes could be one of her bodyguards, but he's more protective of Sylvia. Wayne, well, I think he just lets Diana does as she pleases. But they are really tight." Ian said.

 

He can't believe his plan would be in place. If he suddenly gets close to Diana, then maybe Wayne would notice it and put an effort in noticing Diana instead of giving attention to Sunnee. He stood up from his seat, and then handed Ian all of his paper works. "Finish all of that. I have something to do." Dylan told him. Ian could only scratch his head as he looked at the paper works he had to finish. 

 

--

 

Dylan went to Diana and Sylvia's classroom, and looked for her. "Where's Diana?" he asked one of their classmates. Their classmate pointed at Diana, who was at that time sitting on her desk and chatting with Sylvia. He straightened his uniform as he approached her. 

 

The two girls looked at him, surprised that the student council president has visited their classroom. "Dylan, what are you doing here?" Sylvia asked him. Dylan just smirked at her, then turned his attention to Diana. Then, he knelt down in front of Diana. 

 

"Diana, go out on a date with me." Dylan told her. The two girls were surprised at what he said. "W-what?!" Diana asked in shock. "Go out on a date with me." Dylan said. Diana was hesitant. She doesn't know why this ice princess suddenly took an interest at her. "But why?" she asked. "Because I like you."

 

That was the scene Sunnee saw when she entered the classroom. Upon hearing Dylan's confession to Diana, she was so shocked that she dropped all of her books. Sylvia and Diana hear it, and then they turned their attention to Sunnee. 

 

She doesn't know why she was so surprised at Dylan. She doesn't even know why she was affected by it. Of course, the ice princess has the right to like any girl. After all, all the girls she knows like him too. But Diana is the school beauty, and judging at the how they looked, the looked good together. 

 

"I'm sorry!" Sunnee shouted as she apologized. She immediately scrambled to pick up her books, but she was shaking that she keeps dropping it. Then, she saw a pair of hand helping her. She looked beside her , and saw Wayne helping her out. "It's OK, I got this." Wayne said. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

Seeing Sunnee this affected, Dylan felt happy. Then, he turned to Diana. "So, will you go out with me?" he asked. Diana looked at Wayne, and she could see how he smiles at Sunnee. "No..." she whispered. Then, she looked at Dylan. "No, I'm sorry. I don't want to go out on a date with you." she told him. 

 

Wayne paused as he stood up. Then, he looked at Diana. "Diana..." he whispered. He secretly smiled to himself, knowing Diana had rejected Dylan. "Well, if you won't say yes to me, I'll ask again tomorrow." Dylan told her. He stood up, and walked towards the door. Before he went out, he let out a smirk at Sunnee and Wayne. 

 

Sunnee didn't know why, but she suddenly felt sad. She looked at the books she was holding, and then let out a sigh. "So what if he asked Diana out? I don't need to be affected!" she thought. She let out a sigh, she threw the books she was holding on the floor. Wayne could only scratch his head as he looked at the books. "But I just picked them all up!" he complained.

 

--

 

Sunnee walked at the corridors with her head hanging low. She doesn't know why she's feeling hurt and jealous. Sure, Diana is the school beauty. She is chased  by all the guys in school. But she didn't expect Dylan to like her as well. "Why her?" she thought. "Well, for once, Sunnee, Diana is very pretty and girly. While you, you're boyish. Why am I boyish? Because I had to cut my hair. Why did I cut my hair? Because of that boy I saved back in middle school..." Sunnee said to herself. 

 

She brushed her finger over her hair. She remembered having long, straight locks. She loved her hair back then, but if it wasn't for the foreign boy she saved from the robbers before, she wouldn't have a short hair now.  She remembered after she helped the boy go back to his hotel, the robbers came back for her. In revenge, they shaved her head. For more than a year, she endured being bald. She was teased in school because of it. When it started to grow, she got frustrated that her hair wasn't as pretty as before, so she just kept it short. 

 

But she never regretted it. That boy had the sweetest smile she had ever seen. She had fun with him, as they made their way through the streets of Bangkok. When her family decided to send her to Taipei to study she was hoping to see that boy again, but she guessed they are not fated to meet again. 

 

Then, she bumped into Dylan's back again. As she bumped into him, she lost her balance. good thing, Dylan turned around and saw her almost falling. He immediately, catch her in his arm and helped to pull her up. As she pulled her, their faces were only a centimeter close to each other. 

 

Sunnee could hear her heart beating fast. Their kiss the last time flashed before her. She panicked, thinking it might happen again, so she pushed him away. "What are you doing?1" Sunnee shouted at him. "That's it? No 'Thank you'? I helped you up." Dylan told her. He doesn't know why she pushed him, Does she really hate him that much that she had to do that?

 

"Don't get close to me." she warned him. "Why?" Dylan asked. "I don't know what's going on with that mind of yours. The last time you got that close to me, you..." She shook her head. She wanted to erase that memory of him stealing her first kiss. Dylan smirked as he inched his face to hers. "What about the last time?" he whispered to her. Sunnee pushed him away again. Dylan let out a laugh at him. She hated the fact that to Dylan, that kiss was nothing. It was her first kiss. And he stole it. 

 

"I hate you." she told him. Then, she retreated back to the classroom. Dylan could only watch her back as she walks away from him. Then, he shook his head. Maybe, no matter what he say  do, she will always hate him, and that pains him the most. 

 

--

 

"When she's sad, I feel a pain in my heart....  It's like a bunch of arrow had pierced through it."

 

--

 

It was Sylvia cleaning duties that afternoon, together with Sunnee and Cosmos. They were almost done with their duties when Cosmos noticed something. 

 

"Hey, Sam left some of his things under his desk." she told Sylvia. Sylvia paused for a while, and then looked sadly on Sam's old desk. Sunnee, on the other hand, glared at Cosmos. "Cosmos..." she hissed. Cosmos realized what she had done. She bit her lips out of embarrassment, and gave Sunnee a peace sign. "I forgot, I'm sorry..." Cosmos whispered to Sunnee. 

 

Seeing Sylvia sad made Sunnee a little worried. She knew Sylvia is still sad about her break up with Sam. "Ah! I think we can put it inside a box for the mean time. I can go to the stock room tomorrow to keep them there." Sunnee said. She immediately took a small box from behind the door, and put all of Sam's things inside. "But what if Sam comes back, and look for his things?" Cosmos asked. Sunnee glared at her. 

 

Sylvia watched as Sunnee took all of his things, placed it inside the box. Then, she noticed a notebook with a drawing on the cover. She took it, and opened it. She noticed that the pages are filled with drawings of her in a cartoonish way. There was a chibi version of her, a drawing of her while she's eating, and another of her, while sleeping. 

 

She found herself smiling as she looked at it. "Sylvia... do you want me to keep it for you?" Sunnee asked her. Sylvia looked at her, and shook her head. Then, she let out a smile. "Is it OK if I keep this to myself?" she asked. Sunnee was a little hesitant. "But... how can you move on if you have something that will remind you of Sam?" she asked. Sylvia let out a sad smile. "I just want to keep this as a memory from him." she said. 

 

Wes was just outside the classroom when he heard what Sunnee and Sylvia were talking about. "It's OK, Sunnee. Let Sylvia keep that one. Can you put it at one of the cabinets and put it inside the stock room tomorrow morning? We just locked the room now, so you can't get in. Dylan had the key." Wes explained. Sunnee looked at Wes, and nodded his head. 

 

After Sunnee put away the box, she and Cosmos said goodbye to the two, and left the two alone at the classroom. Sylvia went back to her desk, and sat down as she stared at her drawing. "Are you all right?" Wes asked her. She nodded her head. "I didn't know he drew me..." she said as she stared at the notebook. "Well, his drawing isn't that bad. He has a talent." Wes commented. 

 

As she looked at Sylvia, and saw a tear fall from her eye. "He loved me, didn't he?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "But he didn't choose me..." she said sadly. Wes knelt down, and then put his arm around her. "Why didn't he choose me?" she asked as she turned to him. 

 

Wes let out a sigh. "I wish I know what's going on inside Sam's mind, so I could answer your question. All I know is that there are people who we choose that don't choose us back. And there are people who'll do everything for us even if we don't choose them." he said. "Do you think he made the right decision in choosing the other girl?" she asked. Wes shrugged his shoulders. "Are you regretting your decision now?" he asked. Sylvia shook her head. 

 

"I wanted him to be happy, even if that happiness means I'm no longer part of it." she said. Wes turned her face to him, and then wiped her tears. "But his happiness means your sadness...." he told her. Sylvia let out a sad smile. "I can endure it for him. Isn't this what love is all about? Letting go, when you needed to, even if it hurts you?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. Then, she leaned on his shoulders for a while. 

 

At that moment, he felt his heart hurt once again, seeing how sad Sylvia is. 

 

--

 

"When I hold her close to me, I can hear how loud the beating of my heart is. I'm scared that she would hear it so loud that I have to contain myself..."

 

--

 

Sylvia stared at the notebook on her desk, and from where Wes is standng, he knew Sylvia is thinking of Sam again. "You shouldn't have let her keep that notebook." Wayne told him. Wes let out a sigh. "I can't help it. That's the only memory left of Sam's love for her. Who am I to take it away?" Wes said. Wayne let out a sigh. "How can the two of you support each other at times like this. Look how broken she is..." Wayne said as she watched Sylvia. Then, he turned to him. "And you, you're still sad, right?" he said. 

 

There was a sweat drop on Wes' forehead. He should have not made that I'm-sad-I-need-a-hug excuse to hug Diana. But how can he explain his reasons to Wayne? "I should ask Chun ge to bring me to the cardiologist..." he made a mental note. "Good thing Diana and I are around. We are still your support, you two brokenhearted people." Wayne said. Wes let out a smile at him. "Don't worry, when it's your turn to be sad, I'll lend a shoulder for you to cry on." Wes said. Wayne raised an eyebrow at him. "Hey, it's like you're wishing me sadness. Are you even my friend?" he asked. 

 

"You're still sad?" Sylvia asked, appearing out of nowhere in front of him. Wayne and Wes jumped in surprise. "Where did you came from?" Wayne asked her. "Aren't you supposed to be sitting there?" Wes said, pointing at her chair. Sylvia just let out a smile. 

 

As Sylvia smiled, Wes could hear his heart beating loud again. "Heart, please be still... don't be like this..." Wes said as he held on to his chest. "He is sad. He is so sad, he had to ask a hug from Diana." Wayne told Sylvia. Wes nudged Wayne, and then glared at him. Sylvia looked at Wes, and pouted at her. "Why didn't you tell me you're sad?" she asked. "He didn't want you to worry." Wayne said. 

 

If looks could kill, he had murdered Wayne right now. But it's illegal to murder a good friend. "Well then... raise your hands." Sylvia told Wes. Wes gave her a confused look. "What for?" he asked. "Just do it. Raise your hands." she said. Wes let out a sigh, and gave in to her request. He put both of his hands up. "OK, now what?" he asked. 

 

Sylvia smiled at him. Then, without any warning, she hugged him tight. Wes froze the moment Sylvia hugged him. (A/N: Imagine that scene in KO One Remember when Qiu Qiu hugged Gu Zhan after he caught the Magic Cart.) He could not only feel his heart beating fast, he could feel it out loud. He was so scared that Sylvia would hear his heartbeat. "Be still, my heart..." he thought. 

 

"From now on, if you feel sad and you need a hug, you have to tell me, all right?" Sylvia told him. Wes slowly nodded his head. "I... I will..." he said. Then, Sylvia let him go. "Do you feel much better now?" she asked. Wes slowly nodded his head. "Good." she said before turning around to go back to his seat. 

 

Wes couldn't help but watch her as she walked towards her desk. "Whoa, Wes, is there something wrong with you?" Wayne asked worriedly. "Why?" Wes asked. "I just heard your heart beat loudly. Are you sick?" Wayne said. Wayne wrinkled his brows as he looked at him. "Nonsense!" he said. "But you should get yourself checked. It might be serious." Wayne told him worriedly. 

 

--

 

Chun folded his arms as he looked at Wes. He smiled at him. "I don't think you need a doctor." Chun told him. Wes gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Don't tell me you didn't have a girlfriend before?" he asked. 

 

Wes scratched his head. "I had one, but it was short-lived. " he said. "And you never felt that way towards her?" Chun asked. Wes shook his head. Then, Chun burst out laughing. "You know, I can diagnose you right now." Chun told him. "Then, what do you think it is, Chun ge?" he asked. 

 

Chun patted his shoulder as he smiled. "You're in love." Chun said. "And that girl is your true love."