Flower And Teddy Bear

Me And The Girl Next Door

Sylvia folded her arms as she and Wes walked home. Wes looked at her, and noticed the annoyed look at Sylvia's face. "Are you mad that I ruined your moment with Sam?" he asked. Sylvia gave him a death glare. "If you didn't come he would have kissed me!" she shouted at him. Then, Wes burst out  laughing,  which made Sylvia more annoyed and confused. "What?!" she shouted at him. "Are you really assuming he's going to kiss you?" he asked. Sylvia was more annoyed that ever. "Look, I was there, all right? He wasn't going to kiss you. He just saw a dirt in your face so he wiped it for you." Wes explained. Sylvia pouted at him. 

 

Wes put his arm around her neck, and pulled her close to him. "Don't be in a rush to have your first kiss Aunt Melody said, a girl's first kiss should be special." Wes said. "Why, isn't the moment special enough?" she asked. "It could have been better. You deserve something special. Besides, you're not even a couple. We're not even sure if he likes you too." he said. Sylvia let out a sigh. Her big brother is right. She's not even sure if Sam likes her the way she likes him. Besides, she knew Wes is just protecting her. "Promise me, you will only give your first kiss to a guy who loves you too." Wes told her. Sylvia smiled and nodded her head. 

 

As they reached they house, they saw Tia walking up to them. "Tia!" Sylvia greeted her. Tia waved at them. Sylvia ran to Tia and gave her a hug. "I missed you, Tia." she told her. Tia hugged Sylvia back. "I missed you too! You've been quite busy lately, I wasn't able to see you that much." Tia told her as she pinched her nose. As the two girls hugged, Sylvia secretly glanced at Wes, and stuck her tongue out at him. "Hi, Tia." Wes greeted her. Tia looked at him, and smiled. "Hi, Wes. You look good today." she said. Wes smiled at her as he blushed. 

 

"Sylvia, are you free today? I have some discount coupons from my favorite shop. I remember you said you wanted to buy a new dress. We can go there now and get you a new dress." Tia told her. Sylvia nodded her head. "Sure! But can we tag Wes along?" Sylvia said, eyeing on her big brother. Tia looked at Wes. "If he's willing to go, then he can accompany us." Tia said. Sylvia nodded her head. "He can even help us carry our bags." Sylvia said. 

 

The two girls giggled at him. Wes crossed his arms as she looked at them. "Why do you like to make fun of me?" he asked. Then he let out a sigh. "All right, I'll accompany you and help you carry your shopping bags. Do you want me to drive as well?" he asked. Tia gave him puppy eyes. "Please? I feel lazy driving today." she said. Wes just nodded his head. Tia smiled at him, and then handed him her car keys. "Let's go shopping!" Sylvia shouted as she got inside the car. 

 

--

 

While waiting for the girls to finish their shopping, Wes decided to look around the department store. Then, he noticed a pink teddy bear at one of the display. He remembered what Sylvia told him about giving gifts to girls, and a teddy bear was part of the list. He decided to buy the teddy bear to give to Tia, so he took it from the display, and paid for it. 

 

Meanwhile, Tia and Sylvia were still looking for a dress to buy. Good thing Wes wasn't around, so Sylvia could talk to her about him. "Tia, what do you think of my brother?" she asked. Tia looked at her and smiled. "He's a sweet guy. And a gentleman too." Tia answered. "Do you think he'll be fit to be your boyfriend?" Sylvia asked. Tia looked back at her, and smiled. "Are you trying to set me up with Wes?" she asked. Sylvia smiled, and shook her head. "No, I'm just asking." she said. 

 

"Your brother said he will court me, but I don't see him making a move." Tia commented. "My brother is shy around girls. Please forgive him. And besides, he doesn't have any romance in his body yet." Sylvia explained. Tia let out a laugh. "But he's they type of guy a girl like me could easily like. I think he's the type of guy that has a lot of admirers at school." Tia said. Sylvia nodded in agreement. "He does! But he's not the type of guy that would take a second look at them. For him, he only likes one girl." Sylvia told her as she winked. 

 

Then, Wes came up to them. "Are you girls talking about me?" Wes asked them. Tia saw him walking towards her. She smiled at him. "No, were talking about the dress we're about to buy." she said. Tia took one of the dress from the rack, and showed it to him. "What do you think of this?" she asked him. Wes smiled at her. "I think whatever dress you wear, you'll still look beautiful." he said as he stared into her eyes. He could see Tia's cheeks turned pink. "Ah, my brother is so sweet!" Sylvia commented. 

 

Sylvia then raised a y dress to show him. Without looking at her, Wes raised his hand, and shoot his finger at her. "Don't ever think of buying that. It's too provocative." he said while still looking at Tia. Tia couldn't help but laugh at how Wes is protective, while Sylvia could only pout as she put the dress back to the rack.

 

--

 

As soon as they arrived home, Sylvia got out of the car so that Wes could have some time alone with Tia. "Thanks for today! I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Sylvia said as she got out of the car. Before they know it, she's gone inside the house. "Why is she always in a hurry?" Tia asked. Wes shrugged his shoulder. 

 

He then got out of the car, and opened the door for her. He took her shopping bags, and then walked  her to her door. "Thank you for today, Wes." Tia said. "I'm happy to spend some time with you. I know you have been busy with work and school, so we can't hang out all the time. But that doesn't mean I'm not doing anything to win your heart." he said. He handed her her shopping bag, and noticed a small one. She doesn't remember holding a small bag a while ago."

 

"That one's from me." Wes said. Tia let out a smile as she peeked inside the bag. Her eyes brimmed with happiness as she took the small teddy bear out. "It's so cute, I love it!" she said. She looked at Wes, and then gave him a hug. "Thank you, Wes. You made me really happy today. Wes let out a smile. He lifted his arms, and hugged her tight.  "You made me happier, Tia." he said. Tia looked up at him, and then gave him a kiss on the cheek, which surprised him. "Dream of me tonight, all right?" she said as she let go from his hug. We smiled and nodded his head. 

 

--

 

Tia heard a knock on the door early the next morning. As she opened it, she saw Wes by the door. "Good morning." he greeted. Tia smiled at him. "Good morning." she said. From outside, she could hear Sylvia telling Wes to hurry up, or they will be late. From behind, Wes took out a stem of red rose, and handed it to her. "I hope you'll have a great day today." Wes said. 

 

Tia took the flower from his hand, and then inhaled it's scent. "It's beautiful. Thank you for making my morning even more wonderful, Wes." she said. Wes smiled at him as he blushed. "I have to go now. I'll see you later, all right?" Wes said. Tia nodded her head. 

 

Tia watched as Wes and Sylvia walk to school. She looked at the rose Wes gave him. She knew in her heart there is a space for it for a guy like Wes. As much as she wanted to be his girlfriend, there are some aspect in her life that she needs to fix. There's something in her past she need to deal with, and have a closure for good.  As she remember what it was, the smile slowly faded from her lips.  "Don't worry, Wes, " she said to herself as she stared at the rose. "I promise, I'll fix my life before  I become your girlfriend." 

 

--

 

Sam walked through the grassy field until he reached a grave. He placed the flower on top of it, and offered a little prayer. "Brent, how are you? Are you doing good in heaven?" he asked. Then, he let out a smile. "You know, I still wish, that day never happened. Every night, I still have nightmares of what happened to you." he said. 

 

He knelt down and looked at the picture of his best friend. Tears began to fall from his eyes the longer he looked at him. "I'm sorry, I was not able to save you. I'm sorry I got you in a lot of trouble. I know, if you're alive right now, you would easily forgive me. Have you forgiven me, Brent?" he asked. 

 

Sam wiped the tear from his eyes. "Because I... I can't forgive myself for your death, Brent. I can't..."