The Second Wedding

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Sam?"

 

Sam slowly opened his eyes, and saw Wes walking up to him. As soon as Wes came, the singing stopped, much to his dismay. "Wes... what are you doing here?" he asked. "I should be asking you that..." Wes told him. Sam sighed as he scratched his head. "I'm going home." Sam told him as he adjusted with backpack. "See you tomorrow!" Wes shouted at him. As soon as Sam left, Wes entered the music room. Inside, Sunnee, Pei Ci and Wei Jin were practicing inside. 

 

"Zheng! You should have listened to Sunee and Pei Ci. They sing so well!" Wayne said in amazement. Sunnee smiled and bowed before Wayne. "Thank you..." Sunnee smiled shyly. Wes smiled at Pei Ci, as the latter blushed. It's been so long since she last sang in front if a crowd, and she doesn't know if she could still do it. She's glad her friends liked her voice. "Thanks..." Pei Ci said. "I'm pretty sure Chun ge and Ella jie's wedding will be extra special, especially with Pei Ci and Sunnee singing during the wedding march." Wes told them. 

 

Pei Ci folded her arms, and glared at Wes. "Zheng ge, you owe me one on this. After all, I really don't sing in front of the crowd anymore." she told him sternly. Wes just let out a laugh. "All right, all right. I know what you want. Let's all go out for a snack. My treat." Wes said. All of them cheered at what he said. "Zheng is the best!" Wayne said. 

 

--

 

Wedding day. 

 

For Ella, it was just an ordinary day. She had no idea what will happen to her on that day. All she know is that everyone has gone out, and she's left alone. "Everyone has something to do today... Fei Fei has a date, Pauline has to go to her sister... I wonder what Chun and Stephy is doing today?" she thought as she got down on the stairs. Just then, her phone rang. She looked at it, and saw Sylvia calling her. "Hello, Fei Fei?" she answered it. "H-hello, Ella jie... I... I need your help please..." she heard Sylvia's trembling voice on the other line. Ella began to worry about her. "What's wrong?" she asked. "There was an emergency. Can you please go to where I am right now? I'll message you the address..." Sylvia told her. After the call ended, Ella went on her way to find Sylvia. 

 

Meanwhile, at a nearby hotel, Sylvia was staying with Diana, Sunnee and Pei Ci. All of them were dressed in bridesmaid dresses. "What happened? Is Ella jie coming?" Diana pressed. Sylvia looked at her, and gave her a thumbs up. All of them shrieked. "Ah, the plan's going to work! We should tell Chun ge and Zheng ge about this." Pei Ci said. She took out her phone, and called the boys, who were patiently waiting at the church. 

 

"Ella jie's on her way to the hotel." Wes informed Chun, who was pacing back and forth by the altar. The moment Wes said that, he stopped walking. "Really? She's coming?" he asked. Wes nodded his head. Nervously, he paced again. This time, Wes stopped him. "Aiyo, Chun ge... are you really that nervous? It's not the first time you're marrying Ella jie!" Wes told him as he turned the older man to face him. Chun let out a sigh. "Wes, remember this. No matter how many times you marry the girl you love, you'll always be nervous before the wedding." he told him. Wes gave him a confused look. "Really?" he asked. Chun nodded his head. Then, he put his hand on his shoulder. "Because chances are, she might change her mind." Chun told him. 

 

--

 

Ella walked through the hallway of the hotel, trying to find the room Sylvia messaged her. "What's happening to that girl? Did Wes do something against her will? I will strangle Wes if he did!" she told herself.  Then, she saw the room she was looking for. "Room 520. This must be it." she said. 

 

She took a deep breath, and knocked loudly. "Sylvia?" she called. The door opened. The blond short-haired girl she recognized as Sylvia's classmate opened the door. "Hello, P'Ella! We've been waiting for you." she said. Ella gave her a confused look. "You're Sunnee, right? Where's Fei Fei?" she asked. Instead of answering, she found herself being pulled inside the room. 

 

"Ella jie, we have no time. We still have to do your hair and make up." Diana said frantically. Before she knew it, Ella found herself sitting in front of the mirror. "What's happening?" Ella asked in confusion. "Relax, Ella jie. Just trust us on this, all right?" she heard Sylvia say. 

 

Ella signed in resignation, and just let the girls do what they have to do. Although she was a little suspicious and confused as to why they are in gowns. Before she knew it, her hair and make up is done, and she found herself in a blush pink gown. 

 

"Can someone please explain to me what's happening?" Ella asked. "We have no time, Ella jie! We have to go!" Pei Ci said as she pulled her. "But - wait -  girls!" Ella protested. No matter how much she protested, the four younger girls over powered her, and now she found herself sitting inside the car with them. 

 

"What is happening right now?" she thought as she let out another sigh. 

 

--

 

They got to the church in time.  Sunnee and Pei Ci rushed inside  first while Diana and Sylvia helped Ella out of the car. "They're here! Get ready!" Pei Ci shouted as she ran through the back door of the church. "Guys, it's show time!" Wes said, clapping his hand. Everyone went to their place. Pei Ci and Sunnee stood on their place, right next to the pianist. As  she was trying to catch her breath, Pei Ci heard someone calling her name. 

 

"Pei Ci?"

 

She looked at the pianist, and was surprised to see Ya Lun sitting in front of the piano. "Yan Ya Lun? What are you doing here?" she asked in surprise. Ya Lun gave her a boyish smile. "Dylan and Wes asked me if I could play the piano today, and I accepted." he said. 

 

Then, he scanned her from head to foot. Pei Ci glared at him, while Ya Lun smiled. "What?!" she shouted at him. "I never thought you'd look pretty in a dress. You should do that more often." he commented. Pei Ci looked away from him, but Sunnee could see the pink tint on her cheeks. She laughed at the two. "Oi, P'Aaron, P'Pei Ci is blushing at what you said!" Sunnee said, making Pei Ci blush even more. 

 

"Why? I'm telling the truth. Pei Ci is pretty. You look pretty too, Sunnee, just don't tell your boyfriend I told you that or he'll kill me." he said with a wink. Sunnee just laughed at him. "But in P'Aaron's eyes, is Pei Ci prettier than me?" Sunnee asked, teasingly looking at Pei Ci. Ya Lun just smiled at her. 

 

Sunnee just laughed to herself, much to Pei Ci's annoyance. "I swear to God, this will be the last time I'll swear this freaking gown." Pei Ci muttered to herself. 

 

--

 

"Fei Fei, Diana, you have to tell me what's happening..." Ella whined as she got out of the car. The two girls dragged her out of the car, as she didn't want to go. "Just trust us, Ella jie, all right? Promise, today will be a happy day for you." Sylvia told her. Diana smiled, and nodded in agreement. 

 

Ella took a deep breath, and looked seriously at the two girls. "Please, just tell me what's happening? Why do I have to wear this gown? Why are we even here?"  Ella asked. She looked at the the church before her with confusion written on her face. 

 

Then, she felt her heart pounding. "Could it be..." she thought. Then, she looked at Sylvia and Diana, and saw them smiling at her. "You girls planned something with that chicken face, didn't you?" she asked. "Well, it's up for Ella jie to find out!" Diana told her. 

 

Ella stared at the door of the church. She found herself smiling as she stared at it. She slowly walked up at the steps. Then, she stared at the door again, before pushing it to open. Her eyes widened as the door opened, she saw Chun standing before her, smiling. 

 

He looked handsome in his navy blue suit, that's all she could think. It made her remember the day of their wedding. She remembered how handsome he looked in his suit  that time as he waited for her at the altar. And also, how ugly he was when he cried that day. 

 

"Chun? What is this all about?" she asked as she walked towards him. Then, it hit her. The church, the gown she's wearing, and the flowers around the place. "Don't tell me..."

 

Before she knew it, Chun was on his knees. He reached for her hand, and held it. Then, he looked up at her lovingly. "Ms. Piggy, I know the past 10 years had been a roller coaster ride for the two of us. We've been through a lot of ups and downs. And if I have to go through it all over again, I will as long as you'll be by my side. Are you willing to spend the next 100 years with me?" he asked her. 

 

Ella let out a laugh. "A hundred years? Are we still alive by then?" she asked. "I don't know. All I know is the until my next lifetime, I will still be loving you. So, I want to ask you... Will you marry me again?" Chun asked. Ella bit her lips as she slowly nodded her head. "I will marry you again, chicken face. I will marry you over and over and over..." she said. 

 

Everyone around them cheered upon hearing what Ella answered. As Chun stood up, Sylvia approached Ella, and gave her the bouquet of flowers. "We're getting married now?" Ella asked as she looked at Chun. Chun just smiled and nodded his head. "I'll wait for you at the altar." he told her before being whisked away by Wayne and Wes. 

 

Sylvia and Diana helped Ella get ready to walk down the aisle, while Wayne and Wes whisked Chun away to wait for her at the altar. As the music started to play, the three girls stood in their place to walk. Sunnee and Pei Ci began to sing Chun and Ella's song. 

 

yao shuo de duo dong ting

要說得多動聽

How much can I make it interesting to sound

 

cai neng zheng ming zui qin mi de guan xi

才能證明 最親密的關系

So I can prove, the most intimate relationship

 

ying rao zhe tian kong shen me ye mei jiang

縈繞著天空 什麼也沒講

Surrounding the sky, nothing to say

 

yi shi zui mei hao de yue ding

已是最美好的約定

Already the most beautiful promise

 

yao shuo de duo hua li

要說得多華麗

How much extravagent I need to say

 

cai neng shuo chu zui mo qi de mo qi

才能說出最默契的默契

So I tell who's with the best chemistry

 

wo zai ni shen bian hu xi dou chen mo

我在你身邊 呼都沉默

I'm next to you, breathing silently

 

ni que dong wo mei ge qing xu

你卻懂我每個情緒

But you understand my every emotion

 

 

zhe shi jie tai re nao zen me qing ting

這世界太熱鬧 怎麼傾聽

This world is too lively, how can it listen

 

yi ke xin hu huan ling yi ke de sheng yin

一顆心呼喚另一顆的聲音

The voice of hearts calling hearts

 

zhe shi jie zai re nao huan hao wo men gang hao zai zhe li

這世界再熱鬧 還好我們剛好在這里

Even the world is that lively, good that we're just over here

 

gang hao hen an jing

剛好很安靜

Very quiet

 

As soon as Ella reached the altar, Chun held her hand. "You're so beautiful today." he told her. Ella just smiled at him. Then, they both faced the priest. The wedding ceremony went well. And finally, it was the time everybody was waiting for - their kiss. 

 

"Chun and Ella, I pronounce you man and wife once again. You may now kiss the bride." The priest told Chun. Chun faced his wife and smiled at him. "I love you." he told her. "I love you too, Chun." Ella said as she smiled. He lifted her chin, and gave her a loving kiss on the lips.

 

--

 

The reception happened at the garden of the church. While everyone was having fun, Wes and Sylvia sneaked back to the church. "Zheng, what are we doing here? They might be looking for us..." Sylvia looked worriedly as they got by the church's door. "We won't be long. I promise." he told her. He pushed the door of the church and held her hand and they went inside. Both of them walked on the aisle, until they reached the altar. 

 

"Zheng, don't tell me you want to marry me too?" Sylvia boyfriend. Wes turned to face her, and smiled. "What if I want to?" he told her. Sylvia's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Zheng! We're still too young!" she told him. "I know. I'm not going to marry you now, but someday..." he told her. 

 

Although it was dark, Wes could see her cheeks turn pink. He held both of her hands, and then looked at her. "Fei Fei, I know we're still young. But I want you to know that I'm sure about how I feel about you." he told her. Sylvia gazed at him. "One day, when we're at the right age, when it's the right time, I will marry you here, I promise." Wes said. Sylvia faintly laugh at him. "How could you plan things ahead? We're not even sure what the future will bring..." Sylvia told him. "No matter what happens in the future, I know one thing's for sure. I love you, and I can only love you in this lifetime. And I want to be with you forever." he said. 

 

Then, he held her cheek, and smiled at her. "You're the biggest plan of my life, and I'll do everything to make that plan come true." he said. Sylvia let out a smile. "Zheng, the truth is, I'm scared of what will happen next. What will happen to our future? What will happen after we graduate after high school... and hearing that I'm a big part of your plan, I felt at ease. From now on, I won't be scared of what tomorrow will bring. As long as you love me, I know I can be brave to face everything." she told him. 

 

She walked to him, and hugged him. "I'm hold on to your promise, Zheng. I'll hold on to your love for me." she said. As she looked up at him, Wes leaned on her forehead. "I promise to God, you're the only one that I love." he whispered to her before he kissed her on the lips.

 

--

 

"Hi, Pei Ci..."

 

Pei Ci looked back, and saw Ya Lun walking up to her. Pei Ci rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. "What do you want?" she asked in an annoyed tone. Ya Lun didn't answer, and just sat beside her. "Why do you look annoyed?" he asked her. "Isn't it obvious? You're annoying me!" she told him. Ya Lun just let out a laugh. 

 

"Hey, if you don't want to be complimented by a guy, then don't be too pretty, all right?" he told her. Pei Ci shot a glare at him. "I'm handsome, not pretty!" 

"But you're wearing a dress right now..."

"And so?"

"Then, you're not the manly Pei Ci I know from school. You're the pretty princess for today."

 

Pei Ci looked away from him to hide the pink tint on her cheeks. She never heard someone compliment her with the way she looks that day, only Ya Lun did. She could feel Ya Lun still staring at her. "Can you please stop staring at me!" she shouted at him, making him laugh. "If only you're a girl, I would have courted you." Ya Lun told her. Pei Ci slowly moved her head to look at him. She could no longer hide the redness of her cheek. "R-really?" she asked. Ya Lun nodded his head. "But, too bad, we're bros, right?" he said. Pei Ci slowly nodded her head. "Yeah, we're bros. So, just dream on." she said. 

 

Ya Lun looked at the dance floor. The music changed into something slow and sweet. Then, he looked at Pei Ci again. "Do you want to dance?" he asked. Pei Ci was taken aback by his question. "W-what?" she asked. "Do you want to dance? Because you can't just sit here the whole time..." 

"My heels are killing me. Are you kidding me?"

"I promise I won't step on you. I'm a good dancer, you know."

 

Pei Ci let out a sigh. "What else can you not do? You play baseball, you play the piano, and you can dance." she asked him. Ya Lun let out a smile. "I'm bad at making a girl like  you dance with me." he said as he scratched his head. With that, Pei Ci laughed. "All right, let's go and dance." she said as she stood up. The two of them went to the dance floor and slow danced to the song that was playing. 

 

--

 

"Girls, I'm going to throw my bouquet. It's time to line up!"

 

Ella said as she went at the center of the dance floor. All the single girls lined behind her, excited to be able to catch the bouquet. "Are you ready?" she asked. She could hear a resounding yes from all the girls. Ella counted up to three, and threw her bouquet. All the girls scrambled to catch it, but it landed unexpectedly in Diana's hand. 

 

"Diana?!" Sylvia gasped as she saw Diana caught the bouquet. "You're going to get married next!" Sunnee exclaimed. From the side, the boys were watching. Wes looked at Wayne, and smiled. "Ah, seems like you and Diana will be the first to get married in our group!" he told her. Wayne sighed and just scratched his head. "Well, I hope it's not too soon..." Wayne said.