Stuck With You

Me And The Girl Next Door

"It can't be!"

 

Wes said in a loud, surprised tone. Chun let out a laugh. "Sylvia's like a sister to me. I can't be in love with her." he added. "When you fall in love, you don't choose when and to whom. It just happen." Chun said. Then, he looked outside the window. From the other side, he could clearly see Ella. 

 

He remembered the times he would stay at his window just to catch a glimpse of her. "Believe me, I also felt that way. I feel what you're feeling for the past 11 years with the same girl." Chun said with a smile. Wes gave him a curious look. "Ella jie?" he asked. Chun nodded his head. 

 

"Everyday, she makes my heart beat fast, especially when I see her happy. When I hold her close to me, I can hear my own heart beating because of happiness, because I'm lucky to have such a wonderful girl. And when I see her sad, or frustrated, or I made her really angry, my heart hurts, because I don't want to see her in a bad mood. Wes, do you ever find yourself staring at her, and wishing to be by her side forever? Have you ever heard music in your ears whenever she comes your way? Or even lose interest in other things, and just put all of your attention on her? That all the beautiful things you see will always remind you of her? Or constantly think of her, even if you two are together?" Chun asked. 

 

Wes shook his head. "I haven't felt that with Tia..." he said. "How about with Sylvia?" Chun asked. "Should I be feeling that way?" he asked. Chun looked at him, and smiled. "If you do, then it means you're truly in love." Chun said. 

 

Wes felt his chest. "Am I really in love?" he asked himself. He looked outside the window, and saw Sylvia staring out of her own window. She is wearing her favorite cat onesie. Then, he found himself smiling as he looked at her. Chun noticed Wes' reaction upon seeing the girl next door. "You are in love with her." Chun told him. Wes looked at him again, this time, with confusion. "But what should I do? Can I really love her? I just broke up with Tia. She just broke up with her boyfriend, and I don't want her to think  that I'm taking advantage of her..." Wes said worriedly. 

 

"Love takes time, Wes. Timing is everything. Let your pain and her pain heal before jumping into a new relationship. Let the love bloom in your heart, and then you can share it with her." Chun advised him. This time, Wes smiled at him. "Then, I'll leave everything up to time." Wes told him. Chun nodded in agreement. 

 

--

 

Sunnee came to school early in the morning. She was the very first person too arrive. The first thing she did is to take the box with Sam's remaining stuff inside, and put it inside the stock room. As she reached for the knob, she was surprised that it was already open. "Whoa, is someone already here in school? I thought I was the first one to arrive?" she thought. Nevertheless, she was happy that the stock room is open. 

 

What Sunnee didn't know is that Dylan has also arrived early that day. He headed straight to the student council office to finish some paper works. Then, he noticed something missing in his desk, which made him a little annoyed. "Ugh, Ian! I told you to get me the records for last year!" he shouted in frustration. Seems like his Vice President wasn't able to do his task. He had no choice but to look for it at the stock room. 

 

Meanwhile, Sunnee was looking for a good spot to place the box. She wanted to put it where they could easily see it and get it, in case Sam comes back and look for his things. Then, she decided to put it on top of the shelf. "There you go." she said after she placed the box on top of the shelf. 

 

Dylan saw the stock room open. "Weird, is Ian here? He's got the key, right?" he thought. Nevertheless, he entered the stock room. Sunnee was on her way out, when she saw him enter the room. Dylan furrowed his brows as he looked at her. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "Wes asked me to place Sam's things here for a while. So, if you don't mind, get out of my way." she told him. "You know, this place is forbidden to people like you." Dylan told her. Sunnee let out a sigh, then rolled her eyes at him. "I have an access to this. I'm a class officer!" she said. "But this is for the student council officers, not for you." Dylan told him.

 

Sunnee huffed as she folded her arms. "Look, ice princess. Just a little favor from our class president, all right? We just want to put his stuff here. We'll take it out once he comes back." Sunnee said. "He won't come back. He applied for a transfer of school, haven't you heard?" Dylan said. 

 

Sunnee was surprised at what he said. "He won't?" she asked. "Yeah, so better get his stuff, and just throw it all away." Dylan told him. Before she could move, the door closed loudly before them. The two of them looked at it. "Even the door is mad at you." Dylan told her. Sunnee stuck out her tongue at him. Then, she took the box again, and went to the door. 

 

She tried to turn the knob, but it won't budge. She tried to pull it, but the door won't open. "What's taking you so long?!" Dylan asked in an annoyed tone. "I can't open it!" Sunnee said, still trying to open the door. Then, she looked at him. "Can you help?" she asked. Dylan let out a smirk as he folded his arms. "And I thought you're a strong, independent girl?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee growled in frustration. "It doesn't matter if I'm strong or independent, can you just help open the door, so I can stay away from you?!" she shouted at him. Dylan let out a sigh. "All right, get out of the way." he told him. Sunnee moved aside, and then let Dylan pull the knob. Still, Dylan can't open it. "Hurry up!" Sunnee told him. He used all of his strength to open the door, but still it won't open. Then, he looked at her with a confused look on his face. "I can't open it." he told her. 

 

"You're no use, you lanky bean pole! Why am I stuck with you? Why can't I be stuck with P'Wayne instead" she told him. She put the box down, and tried to open the door. Still, it remained close. Dylan got annoyed with what she said. "Are you really that desperate for that dork?" he asked her. "I am not desperate."

"Do you really like him that much for you to wish to be with him at this unfortunate time? If I can't open the door, how could he?"

"Well, at least I'm stuck with someone I like, not someone I despise!"

 

Dylan was both hurt and angry with what she said. But he knew how much she liked Wayne, and how much she hates him. But he just ignored that thought. "How about we try to open it together?" Dylan suggested. As much as Sunnee does not want to be close to him, she have no choice. She want to get out, right? 

 

"All right, let's use all of our strengths so that we can say goodbye to each other." she said. Both of them held on to the knob, and tried to pull the knob, but they still can't open it. A few minutes and several tries later, they were both tired. "Oh my God, I can't believe I'm stuck with the ice princess!" she shouted in frustration after their last attempt to open the door. "Who would want to be stuck with you? Not me!" Dylan told her. 

 

Sunnee huffed again. She want to get out of the stock room, since classes will start soon. "Can you just call someone to help us out!" she shouted at him. He reached for his pocket, and noticed that his phone is not with him. He realized that his phone was still in his bag. "I don't have my phone with me." he said. "And I don't have mine either! I thought I'd be able to get out of this stupid place after I put the box here!" she told him. 

 

Then, the lights went off. "Oh, great! Just what we need - darkness!" Sunnee said in frustration. She slumped on the floor, and then hugged her legs. How unlucky can she get? First, she got stuck here with Dylan, and now the thing she fears the most happened - the darkness. Even though it was dark, Dylan could see that she was shaking in fear. "Please get us out of here, please!" she pleaded to him. Dylan to began to worry about her, as her tone of voice changed to being scared. "Sunnee, are you all right?" he asked in a worried tone. "Just open the door! Get me out of here!" she shouted at him. 

 

With all his might, Dylan tried to open the door. But, it was no use. 

 

--

 

"Has anyone seen Sunnee?" 

 

Cosmos asked her classmates worriedly. "Her bag is here, but I can't find her." she added. Wes stood up from his seat, and then took a look behind the door. The box he asked her to take away is gone. "Well, she must have came early to put away that box." Wes said. Then, he turned to Cosmos. "Have you tried to call her?" he asked. "Her phone is inside her bag." Cosmos said, pointing at the bag on top of her desk. 

 

Wes folded his arms as he think where Sunnee could be. Diana looked at Wayne, and saw him worried as well. "Where is she?" he asked. Wes looked at his watch, and found there's a few more minutes before class. He knew Sunnee, she was never late. She would be the first one to open the school. "Have you checked the cafeteria?" Wes asked Cosmos. "I asked the owner, and she said she was surprised that Sunnee didn't came early to buy some breakfast." she told him. 

 

"Then, we should start looking for her." Sylvia said. Wes nodded his head. "Can you go with me?" he asked her. Sylvia nodded her head, and stood up. "I'll go with you too!" Wayne said as he stood up. "No, stay here, Wayne. If any of the teachers would come and look for us, at least a class officer is here to explain the situation to them." Wes told him. Then, he took Sylvia's hand, and they ran out of the classroom to find Sunnee.

 

--

 

Ian had just arrived at the office, and noticed Dylan's bag on top of his desk. "Oh, president is early again. Good thing I already took the records from the stock room yesterday..." Ian said. He went under his desk, and then put the box of paper works on top oh Dylan's desk. 

 

Then, he reached for his pocket to take the key for the stock room. "Wait, the key isn't here..." he said. He looked at his bag, and still he could not find the key. "Did I left it at home?" he thought. 

 

--

 

Dylan did all he could to open the door, but to no avail. He tried kicking it and pushing it with his body, but the door won't budge. "I can't open it..." he thought. He looked worriedly at Sunnee, and he could see she was crying. "Sunnee?" he called. He went up to her, and sat in front of her. "Sunnee, I promise I'll get you out of here soon." he told her. 

 

"Please..." Sunnee said as she buried her head with her arms. "I can't stand this, let me out of here please..." she said. Dylan took a deep breath, and looked at the door. "Help!" he shouted. "Someone help us!"

 

--

 

"Can you hear that?" Sylvia said as she stopped walking. Wes looked at her. "What?" he asked. Sylvia heard that voice asking for help again. "Someone's asking for help...." Sylvia told him. Wes paused to listen, and heard it clearly now. He realized who is the owner of that voice. 

 

"Wait..." Wes told her. Sylvia gave him a confused look. "It's Dylan!" he exclaimed. 

 

--

 

Dylan rushed to the door, and bang it with all his might. "Help us!" he shouted. "Get us out of here, please!" he shouted again. Then, he looked at Sunnee, who was uncontrollably crying. He rushed back to her. "Sunnee, please be OK..." he thought worriedly. He held her hand, and rubbed her palm to calm her down, but it was no use, as she was still crying out of fear. 

 

Then, Sunnee clung on to his arm, and hugged it. "Don't leave me in the dark, please..." she pleaded as she cried. Dylan hugged her, and let her cry on his shoulder. "It's all right, I won't leave you...." he told her. He looked at the door helplessly, and began to shout for help again. "Help! Please get us out! Help!" he shouted. 

 

He hugged Sunnee tighter to make her feel better. Her small body was shaking so bad, he doesn't know what else to do to calm her down. "Sunnee, I'm just here, all right? You're going to be fine..." he told her calmly. Sunnee could only cry as she held on tightly to his arm. "Don't leave me here..." she said in between sobs. Dylan nodded his head. "I won't. I promise. I won't leave you, not anymore..." he said. He was in tears seeing Sunnee in a state of fear. If he only knew she had this fear of the dark, he would have let her go out right away. "I'm sorry, it's my fault...." he told her. "Raccoon... don't go..." she whispered. 

 

He paused for a while, realizing that Sunnee has remembered him, and called him by the nickname she gave him when they first met. "Nee... nee I'm here, all right? You don't have to be scared anymore." he told her. Then, Sunnee passed out in his arms. This made Dylan panic. "Help!"

 

-- 

 

Wes stood in front of the door, figured out that Dylan was inside the stock room. "He's here..." he said. "We figured out where Dylan is, but how about Sunnee?" Sylvia asked worriedly. They heard Dylan's cry for help again. "Dylan?" Wes shouted back. "Wes? Help me and Sunnee!" Dylan shouted from inside. 

 

Wes and Sylvia looked at each other. "They're together?" Sylvia asked him. Wes tried to open the door, but he can't open it. "Dylan, where's the key?" Wes asked him. "Ian! Find Ian! He have the key!" Dylan shouted. Wes then turned to Sylvia. "Go, find Ian and get the key. I'll try to open the door." Wes told her. Sylvia nodded her head, and rushed to the office. 

 

--

 

"Ah, there it is!" Ian said, as he held the key up. Then, he let out a sigh. "Good thing I found you, or Dylan will kill me." he said to the key. Then, he heard someone calling him. "Ian! Ian!"

 

He looked back and saw Sylvia running up to him. "Hey, Sylvia. What's up?" he asked, trying to look cool in front of her. Sylvia tried to catch her breath before speaking to him. "Do you have the key... to the stock room?" she asked. Then, Ian looked at the key he's holding. "I have it, why?" he asked. "We need the key, Dylan's stuck inside the stock room." she told him. 

 

Ian was surprised at what she said. "Then, let's get him out of there!" Ian told them. The two then rushed to the stock room. There they found Wes trying to kick the door. "We have the key!" Sylvia shouted at him. Ian immediately handed Wes the key, and Wes fumbled to open it. "Hang on, Dylan! We're getting you out!" Wes shouted. 

 

Dylan looked at Sunnee, who he is still in his arms . "They're getting us out, Nee. We'll be out of this place soon." he whispered to her. Wes opened the door. All of them were surprised to see Sunnee lying in Dylan's arms, unconscious. Dylan stood up, and carried Sunnee in his arms. 

 

"Sunnee!" Sylvia gasped as Dylan went out of the room. She was both worried and curious with what happened to her. "President, are you all right?" Ian asked her. "Get out of my way!" he shouted at them. Then, he ran to take Sunnee to the clinic. Wes, Ian and Sylvia soon followed him. 

 

--

 

"You three better get back to class, I'll stay here. Wes, just let the teacher know that Sunnee is here at the clinic. Ian, prepare her paper works, she might need to rest the whole day. 

 

Dylan told the three firmly. The three nodded their heads. "You don't really need our help?" Sylvia asked worriedly. "Sunnee passed out because of me. She's my responsibility. Just go back to class." he told them. The three left Dylan alone with Sunnee.

 

As soon as they were gone, Dylan approached her bed. She was still sleeping soundly. Her panic attack must have taken much of her energy. Then, Dylan held her hand, and looked worriedly at her. "My little sun, I'm so sorry..." he told her. A tear fell from his eye as he looked at her. "You're like this because of me, I'm sorry... I hope you can forgive me. I promise, I'll make it up to you, and give you the wish you have in your heart..." he said. 

 

Then, he leaned on her forehead and kissed it. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

Sunnee stood before the crying boy, and then handed him his wallet. "I was able to catch them!" she told him happily. The boy looked up, and saw thee long haired girl smiling at him. "Thank... you..." he said as he sobbed. Then, he took his wallet from his hand. 

 

"You must be new here. You should be wary of this place, there's a lot of robbers here, all right?" she said. The boy just looked at her, and nodded his head. "Don't cry, you look like a raccoon when you cry."

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!"

 

The boy pouted at her. "But you look like a cute raccoon. I like raccoons." she said. This time, the boy smiled at him. "Ah, I know! I'll call you Raccoon from now on!" she said. Then, she sat beside him. "Do you know your way around?" she asked him. The boy shook his head. "I don't know how to go back to the hotel..."

"Then do you remember anything you saw on your way here? Do you remember any landmark?"

"I wasn't able to notice my surrounding, I was too busy running after the robbers..."

 

Sunnee thought for a while. "Ah! I know what to do!" she said. Then, she stood up, and held out her hand. "Do you trust me?" she asked. The boy looked up at her with confusion in his face. Then, he took her hand. "Then, let's go around Bangkok, and try to find your hotel, all right?" she said. The boy smiled, and nodded his head, 

 

[End of flashback]

 

"Raccoon..." Sunnee mumbled as she slowly opened his eyes. When she opened her eyes, the first person she saw is Wayne, smiling at her. "Finally, you're awake!" Wayne said with a smile. She found herself smiling upon seeing her. "P'Wayne...." she called. 

 

Dylan was watching from the door, and saw how Sunnee smiled at Wayne. Although it pains him to see them together, he had to accept it. After all, he already promised her to make her wish come true.